me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

They're on the Switch, what reasons is there to not be on PS4.

Anyone want these games on PS4?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

You play these games.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

I don’t know. I guess you’d have ask Microsoft and/or Sony.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

MS don't own the developers but they do have the distribution rights on Ori, I'm not sure if that's the same deal with Cuphead but id assume thats the case. I'm not sure why they let it release on Switch but not PS4 though as id consider both consoles to be competition.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

MS has some stake - in equity, property, or through contract - to direct the publication of the game. They want to build bridges with Nintendo but primarily to buttress their existing services (it was at the same time that MS announced XBL would appear in some form on Switch, too). Tit for tat, effectively.

Sony has no such desire. Cuphead is just another piece in the chess game of competing IP catalogs.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#7  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

MS doesn't view the Switch as direct competition. It is a weak system. People buy it for Nintendo games and portability. They do not buy it for popular games like COD, FIFA, etc.. So, putting the games on Switch is going to generate more game sales without losing hardware sales.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Wouldn't surprise me if it's Sony not allowing it... maybe they don't want games on their systems that say "Microsoft Studios" when you boot it up.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

Most likely because Sony is "competition". It would be great if they did port the game to the PS4. More Orig than Cuphea. Cuphead is meh. Exclusivity sucks for gamers.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

Ori is a Microsoft IP, so, that's not so surprising that it's not coming to PS4. MS paid to keep Cuphead off PS4 on the other hand. I really don't understand the advantage of that, but business is business.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Because

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Ori is a Microsoft IP, so, that's not so surprising that it's not coming to PS4. MS paid to keep Cuphead off PS4 on the other hand. I really don't understand the advantage of that, but business is business.

Funny. You would think the obvious wouldn't escape you so easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e58917563ba3
deactivated-5e58917563ba3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 deactivated-5e58917563ba3
Member since 2020 • 82 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

You play these games.

Not going to lie, but this made me chuckle.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Funny. You would think the obvious wouldn't escape you so easily.

Keeping an indie game off PS4? Cuphead's not selling Xboxes and you can literally play the game almost everywhere. So, yeah, it doesn't make sense in this case.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Because all cows have monster rig PCs, duh.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Keeping an indie game off PS4? Cuphead's not selling Xboxes and you can literally play the game almost everywhere. So, yeah, it doesn't make sense in this case.

You should be happy because you are all for limiting access to games. Besides, every PS4 gamer has a gaming PC. ;)

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#18 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@me2002:

Mehh...We're not missing out on much. I dunno about Ori but Cuphead was kinda boring. It was just too friggin hard to enjoy.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3138 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if it's Sony not allowing it... maybe they don't want games on their systems that say "Microsoft Studios" when you boot it up.

Out of curiosity, what does "Toy Soldiers: War Chest" say when it's booted up? How does it handle being a Microsoft-owned IP (though the game is published by Ubi)?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@me2002:

Mehh...We're not missing out on much. I dunno about Ori but Cuphead was kinda boring. It was just too friggin hard to enjoy.

Its hard indeed but its lacks punch in the gameplay. That is my main beef with the game.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

You should be happy because you are all for limiting access to games. Besides, every PS4 gamer has a gaming PC. ;)

Ain't no big deal to me. I played and beat it week one. It's just a goofy Microsoft flex in a market where they no longer carry the same power.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Maybe this time sony fans should learn how to do petition as well. Those PC beggars did it for years and reaping results now. Nintendo port beggars getting some love as well.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Ain't no big deal to me. I played and beat it week one. It's just a goofy Microsoft flex in a market where they no longer carry the same power.

Its weird you think these games not coming to the PS4 is MS flexing. I guess you are just a weirdo that takes this shit too seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

its a weird flex for Microsoft trying to hold back games on the ps4 remember they did rise of the tomb raider timed exclusive as well

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#25 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Can you press X for Jason?

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

its a weird flex for Microsoft trying to hold back games on the ps4 remember they did rise of the tomb raider timed exclusive as well

Comparing first party games to third party games...

And yet I don't see you complaining about Sony's dealings with Streetfighter 5, FF7 Remake or Shenmue 3 to name a few.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@i_p_daily: I view Cuphead and Ori the same as SF5, they where funded by MS and Sony so its up to them whether they stay system exclusive or not. I don't have a problem with that either way.

Stuff like FF7, Tomb Raider, etc being timed "exclusives" is a whole other ball game and a shitty one at that IMO.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DoomNukem3D
Member since 2019 • 445 Posts

@Pedro: Its not that hard (for its genre) but how does it lack punch in gameplay especially compared to Ori?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12948 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Comparing first party games to third party games...

And yet I don't see you complaining about Sony's dealings with Streetfighter 5, FF7 Remake or Shenmue 3 to name a few.

Ooof

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro

@doomnukem3d: Cuphead is known to be a hard game, let's not do the "it's not that hard".

With regards to the gameplay, it lacks punch that other games like it have. I don't feel the impact of my shots on enemies. It is a bit void of that sensation in general. You just know you are doing damage but it doesn't "feel" like you are doing damage and this is all related to how the game conveys feedback to the player.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 VFighter

@Pedro: Difficulty wise, what would you compare it to? I'd love to pick it up for my switch but also seems like a game style that might frustrate the ever living shit outta me lol.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

@vfighter said:

@Pedro: Difficulty wise, what would you compare it to? I'd love to pick it up for my switch but also seems like a game style that might frustrate the ever living shit outta me lol.

Its difficulty is more along the lines of old-school Contra (just boss focus). I haven't played it since the time it was released and there have been several updates since then. I can't comment on those.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts
@Pedro said:
@vfighter said:

Its difficulty is more along the lines of old-school Contra (just boss focus). I haven't played it since the time it was released and there have been several updates since then. I can't comment on those.

I personally LOVED Cuphead but it's hard as nails. It's cartoonish charm - don't let it deceive you. It's HARD.

With that said, I mostly admire Cuphead as a work of art, because it is one.

Anyone's enjoyment varies on one's tolerance for a hard game. Unlike other hard games like Dark Souls, there are legitimate moments of Cuphead being unfair. Due to the randomness of each play, you can work hard to recognize patterns but the game will always throw a curve ball due to its random output. At times completing a stage feels like a mere luck of the draw.

Keep that in mind with Cuphead. It's an art game one can really admire the craft, but it's not for everyone.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro

@jaydan said:

I personally LOVED Cuphead but it's hard as nails. It's cartoonish charm - don't let it deceive you. It's HARD.

With that said, I mostly admire Cuphead as a work of art, because it is one.

Anyone's enjoyment varies on one's tolerance for a hard game. Unlike other hard games like Dark Souls, there are legitimate moments of Cuphead being unfair. Due to the randomness of each play, you can work hard to recognize patterns but the game will always throw a curve ball due to its random output. At times completing a stage feels like a mere luck of the draw.

Keep that in mind with Cuphead. It's an art game one can really admire the craft, but it's not for everyone.

I can tolerate the difficulty but I didn't like the feel of the game. I wasn't getting the sanctification that I expected when I attack It just felt disconnected.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@Pedro: I kinda got that feel in several areas. I think that is mostly because the game is hand-drawn animation. The animations are only as reactive as the artist's made them. I love the Idea of a hand-drawn game and that's why I still loved the game (its presentation), but there's room to improve.

I think the biggest problem with the game was its randomness which attributed to unfairness. The game is supposed to be trial-and-error progression but the game throws curve balls all too often it's tough to get comfortable with patterns. The game has a way with backing you into corners you literally have no other choice but to hit the retry button. When you retry a stage there's times you can only best hope it won't form a similar pattern that is constantly screwing you over.

It would be a far greater issue if unfairness existed like this in a game like Dark Souls, cause that's a far deeper game to dive into and a lot more at stake, but you can complete every stage in Cuphead in 10 minutes or less if you got the right finesse, so taking a loss doesn't actually set you back far like a game of Dark Souls would.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I don’t need them on the PS4 , because I have Ori thanks to steam and the switch. As for cup, I haven’t played it , but I’m pretty sure I could play it with game pass of version.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

Its weird you think these games not coming to the PS4 is MS flexing. I guess you are just a weirdo that takes this shit too seriously.

Shut up, Pedro. You're the one always trying to battle everybody here in the name of Microsoft. The only weird motherfucker in here is you. Cuphead being kept off PS4 is a flex. I don't care if that makes you mad, because you're a spaz. Eat shit.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Shut up, Pedro. You're the one always trying to battle everybody here in the name of Microsoft. The only weird motherfucker in here is you. Cuphead being kept off PS4 is a flex. I don't care if that makes you mad, because you're a spaz. Eat shit.

You mad bro?
You mad bro?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:
You mad bro?
You mad bro?

Don't accuse other people of being mad when you came in with sandy buttcheeks crying about Xbox threads as usual. LOL, because you got offended.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Don't accuse other people of being mad when you came in with sandy buttcheeks crying about Xbox threads as usual. LOL, because you got offended.

"Most likely because Sony is "competition". It would be great if they did port the game to the PS4. More Orig than Cuphea. Cuphead is meh. Exclusivity sucks for gamers." Pedro

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 VFighter

@Pedro: Gotcha, might pass on it for now. I dont mind a difficult game, but one that seems unfair and even random might drive me insane. Sucks because I absolutely love the art and animation of the game. Thanks for the input, you to jaydan.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

"Most likely because Sony is "competition". It would be great if they did port the game to the PS4. More Orig than Cuphea. Cuphead is meh. Exclusivity sucks for gamers." Pedro

Uh huh, yet you still found a way to get mad in this thread anyway. Or maybe it's just me you're mad at. Hope you work through those issues, bud. Tell your therapist about me the next time you're there.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin: No one is mad except for you.

@BenjaminBanklin said:

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

@BenjaminBanklin: No one is mad except for you.

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin: Glad to see that you calmed down. Good boy. :)

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DoomNukem3D

@Pedro: I dont mean to suggest it's not hard, I mean it's nothing out of the ordinary for its genre, several of the games it took inspiration from like Alien Soldier and Contra Hard Corps. Its reputation as a hard game comes from people getting into who arent accustomed to the genre. Fair point on the game feel though. It doesnt ruin the game for me but I will agree their are better run n gun games.

DoomNukem3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DoomNukem3D

@jaydan: I dont get this idea that randomness makes the game unfair? If you're skilled and know what you're doing you should be able to react when a curveballs is thrown your way. Maybe I need an example though.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@doomnukem3d:

I do remember instances in which I got completely screwed over due to the random platform generation. It's been a while, some of them may have been salvageable situations, but with the bee boss I know for a fact that there were times when I literally had no way out. An impossible situation due to RNG. (Please correct me if I'm wrong here).

I think the RNG aspects were an odd design choice for a game like Cuphead. Though in most cases I think it could be argued that they add an extra wrinkle to the difficulty, rather making the game unfair. I only take issue with the game forcing you to take the L, which was extremely rare in my experience.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

PlayStation owners aren’t port begging because we have so many awesome games to play already.

Plus it’s on PC which everyone on the planet owns. Cup head isn’t a demanding game. It’s a small indie game with a unique art style.

The freaking PS2 could run it.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Because PS4 isn't the entire world. It isn't the best at anything: power? Xbox One X, portability? Switch, game library? PC.