Why is there no Nintendo warring here anymore?

• 74 results
rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

I think there were Nintendo warriors a few years back here. They're too quiet. Kinda feels a tiny bit incomplete here.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

I think it's because Nintendo fans are generally very happy with their purchases and don't feel the need to defend their purchases or shit on other people's purchases.

They are a little less like assholes, in that sense. Boring for this forum, sure, but clearly the more sane option.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

Because Switch is a secondary console. Most people here have one. But yea, there's been a Sheep exodus. King Sheep Charizard left. Not sure why.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

Their branding filters most of the edgy, adolescent demographic out of the fan base I reckon. Ironically, they're just more mature.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

Ironically it's would appear the Nintendo kids are more mature than the children who fight xbox VS playstation.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Because Switch is a secondary console. Most people here have one. But yea, there's been a Sheep exodus. King Sheep Charizard left. Not sure why.

Is it just me or there were talks before that he's getting hired in the gaming industry? Must be another person.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I don't really think Nintendo is relevant in system wars anymore. Most posts now are about graphical comparisons between Sony and Microsoft for games that either Don't run well/ vastly downgraded on switch, or not even on the handheld at all.

If you like Nintendo, you're already happy with the handful of 1st party titles every year. If not, then it's pretty much ignored.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

The Sheep posters are no longer here actively posting. I should create a Nintendo thread.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

People here seem to forget both KBFloyd and Nintendoboy still post here. They are the true sheep of SW.

(I guess we could add Mandzilla)

Edit: I love my Switch but not enough to consider myself a simple sheep. PC/Switch is how I go by despite I own PS4.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@davillain-: Yeah but KBFloyd only pops up every few months, makes an incredibly dumb troll thread, gets owned and leaves for another few months.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Still waiting for Metroid Prime 4, Zelda Collection, Gamecube ports to eShop etc etc etc. Covid-19 got Nintendo good, but I'm glad the Switch is not my only console :P

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I don’t really think sheep have a leg to stand on in the console wars so they’ve white flagged themselves out of most discussions. Besides software, what part of a console war could they possibly win?

edit: Even software is questionable due to Nintendo being so slow to release exclusives and even then - when was their last big critical hit?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44032 Posts

They're in a different war. Mobile gaming war and really getting their ass handed to'em by smartphones. So, just sayin. :P

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Why war on here when the true war is in Smash.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Litchie

@rmiller365 said:

I don't really think Nintendo is relevant in system wars anymore. Most posts now are about graphical comparisons between Sony and Microsoft for games that either Don't run well/ vastly downgraded on switch, or not even on the handheld at all.

If you like Nintendo, you're already happy with the handful of 1st party titles every year. If not, then it's pretty much ignored.

lol yeah. While PC gamers just sit by and laugh. SW is basically "Sony fanboys vs Microsoft fanboys fighting for scraps". PC is in first place as it's best at everything. It won, period. Everyone knows this. Nintendo is just Nintendo. Their fans are generally too mature to bicker about what's "best" on dumb forums. Left is the 2nd place after PC for Sony and MS fanboys to bicker about. And that's what SW is.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

The Wii years hurt them, the WiiU wiped them out.

Nintendo haven't had a competitive System War console since Gamecube, the ones since are secondary at best.

my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1228 Posts

They have to work extra hours to pay the ridiculous prices of Switch games so they don't have time to get on here.

Avatar image for deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
Member since 2013 • 421 Posts

I always seen the Switch being just like the Wii - bragging about console sales, underpowered yet overpriced hardware build around a gimmick, just a few games worth mentioning and a mountain of shovelware/rereleases...

(_ _)。゜zzZ

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#19 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

Nintendo fans are arguably the most satisfied. Sony and Microsoft fans are the most insecure. 😎

Note that I didn't say it was arguable for Sony and Microsoft fans. 😮

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50545 Posts

Why would there be?

Nintendo has been kinda garbage

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2249 Posts

@Sevenizz: one could argue that software is the most important part of any system, but you keep playing teraflops and then the poor sheep will play all their high scoring games...also you heard about animal crossing? Sold a bazillion copies and have a 90 on metacritic so yeah...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44102 Posts

They’re too busy playing so many great games.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

It was mostly one dude (KBFloyd) and Nintendo likely slapped him with a cease and desist to stop claiming to represent the brand

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

There's still a lot of Nintendo fans on this website, but:

1) Nintendo stopped being under direct competition between Sony and Microsoft several gens ago. Nintendo fans naturally have less incentive to be crude about the need to trash other consoles.

2) Nintendo hardware is weaker than the competition and even a Nintendo fan knows that. There's really no point in arguing over something obvious like that.

3) Playstation fans are the loudest and most obnoxious fans on this site and most commonly sparring with the competition. Sony fans have been mostly focused on Microsoft this whole gen and Nintendo has slipped through the cracks on numerous occasions as a result.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Because we all know everyone who has either an Xbox Series X or PS5 has a Switch in their bathroom.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

@locopatho said:

The Wii years hurt them, the WiiU wiped them out.

Nintendo haven't had a competitive System War console since Gamecube, the ones since are secondary at best.

The real problem is, Nintendo stop competing both Sony & MS and nowadays, it's just Sony vs MS now, Nintendo doesn't want nothing to do with the console war and does it's own thing which is why The Switch is different from both Sony/MS consoles. Nintendo stop competing meaning the sheep just left this place. KBFloyd is still around but he's just a troll now. Not much to go on.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

@Litchie: I just assume that 8 out of 10 system wars fanboys are kids, or jobless teenagers. A working adult doesn't really have the need to argue over what they have because they can work to get what they want and aren't reduced to only one gaming outlet. I prefer PC and PC/Playstation it has been my combo and I'm satisfied with it.

If Nintendo releases a game I just have to have, I'll buy a Switch for it. I don't have to go online to nit pick it's popularity, or cry about it's exclusivity, I'll just go out and get one.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#28  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

There are no bragging rights for sheep. Nintendo hardware is shit, third party support is abysmal, and their exclusives are nowhere near what they used to be. Nintendo relies on gimmicks, casuals, and disillusioned nostalgic fanboys for financial success. None of that translates well to System Wars and the core gamer demographic. Nintendo is almost as irrelevant as mobile gaming when it comes to System Wars.

Effinae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Effinae
Member since 2020 • 153 Posts

As a PC>Switch>others gamer I have the best versions of multiplat games and also Nintendo exclusives available to me....so what is there possibly to even tease me about in system wars?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro

@jaydan said:

1) Nintendo stopped being under direct competition between Sony and Microsoft several gens ago. Nintendo fans naturally have less incentive to be crude about the need to trash other consoles.

2) Nintendo hardware is weaker than the competition and even a Nintendo fan knows that. There's really no point in arguing over something obvious like that.

3) Playstation fans are the loudest and most obnoxious fans on this site and most commonly sparring with the competition. Sony fans have been mostly focused on Microsoft this whole gen and Nintendo has slipped through the cracks on numerous occasions as a result.

Great summary. 😁

Effinae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Effinae
@jaydan said:

Exactly. It's the only hybrid system and the only portable system on the market so who is there to "war" with? Obviously its not going to be a powerful system. It's 3 years old at this point and wasn't exactly high end when it released. (I think there were better Tegra chips at the time) That being said, mine gets waaaay more use than my consoles.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@davillain- said:

The real problem is, Nintendo stop competing both Sony & MS and nowadays, it's just Sony vs MS now, Nintendo doesn't want nothing to do with the console war and does it's own thing which is why The Switch is different from both Sony/MS consoles. Nintendo stop competing meaning the sheep just left this place. KBFloyd is still around but he's just a troll now. Not much to go on.

I see this said a lot, but it doesn't actually mean anything.

Nintendo consoles absolutely ARE in direct competition with Sony and MS consoles, the only time that was arguably different was the Wii generation when they utterly ignored HD, online and third parties and went for the casual and non-gamer market, but even then they still developed lots of traditional games for the "core" gamer.

The WiiU and Switch however are entirely focused on traditional games and gamers, with HD graphics and online, same as the PS and Xbox, with a huge overlap in games and features.

From a weirdo System Wars POV, they're always the weakest hardware and smallest games library, so there's little to defend, but in the real world that's not important to most folks.

Effinae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Effinae

@locopatho said:
@davillain- said:

I see this said a lot, but it doesn't actually mean anything.

Nintendo consoles absolutely ARE in direct competition with Sony and MS consoles, the only time that was arguably different was the Wii generation when they utterly ignored HD, online and third parties and went for the casual and non-gamer market, but even then they still developed lots of traditional games for the "core" gamer.

The WiiU and Switch however are entirely focused on traditional games and gamers, same as the PS and Xbox, with a huge overlap in games and features.

From a weirdo System Wars POV, they're always the weakest hardware and smallest games library, so there's little to defend, but in the real world that's not important to most folks.

Why is this so hard to understand? PS and MS are direct competitors because they are both trying to do the exact same thing. Nintendo made a mainly portable hybrid system. Nintendo's recent competitor (Sony) dropped out of that race.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

Over the last four years Nintendo has done almost everything its fanbase has been asking them to do for the last 20 years:

Make a modern, open-world Zelda.

Go back to 3D Mario's open level design.

Stop making handhelds and only focus on one system because it's clear that you don't have the manpower to support two simultaneously.

Give us more than 1 game a year.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17809 Posts

what is there to fight over?

specs? long sorted. stomping around stating that X and Y is more powerful is pretty pointless. it's relatively weak. its closer to a PS3 than a PS4. we know.....everyone knows. there is no hidden secret sauce.

library? opinion based. if you like nintendos games and some of the other exclusives then its great. if you dont or think they are overrated then it's meh. going by ratings it has a strong library overall. a bit lacking in the 3rd party multiplats but thats nothing new.

the flexibility? either you find it useful or you dont. the argument just descends into "well i love the portability and find it really useful in my daily life" and "well i think its pointless and was a complete waste. nintendo should have chased the Tflops"....there is no objectively correct answer here. last time nintendo talked about it they actually found the usage of portable to docked to be pretty close to 50:50.

online services? it's pants. everyone knows. the shop works....there a compliment for nintendo online.

the switch is a known quantity at this point. it is what it is. you either like it, the flexibility it offers and the games on it or you don't. it's highly unlikely nintendo have a major curve ball to throw now regarding the switch.

once more concrete info on the switches successor pops up there will be rumblings from the nintendo camp again. what are they going to do? what weird shaped wrench do they have to throw next time? will it cause major disruption, bounce off completely or somehow land on a gear and act as...er...another gear :S? Who knows.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

Interesting that non-Nintendo fanboys are giving reasons why Nintendo fanboys are not in System Wars. That is like asking progressives why working-class and ordinary Americans strongly support President Trump.

Effinae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Effinae

@onesiphorus said:

Interesting that non-Nintendo fanboys are giving reasons why Nintendo fanboys are not in System Wars. That is like asking progressives why working-class and ordinary Americans strongly support President Trump.

Are these types of posts allowed here, mods?

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Switch sales are massive and there really isnt much else to say. Its a great console that has portable versions of most of your favorite games. Nintendo needs to pick up their first party efforts next year for sure... but 3rd party support for Nin has been great overall this gen.

Not much else to argue about really. Monster Hunter Rise is coming!!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58846 Posts

System Wars has became a largely peaceful desert.

The conflict is really shifted to politics now, and with Trump losing (hopefully he attempts to take power) they will have nothing to talk about.

Very sad.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38712 Posts

When was the last time you saw Digital Foundry analize anything Nintendo related? Even they don't care. Its just a mobile device to play old ports while being in a bus 🤢

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38712 Posts
@Litchie said:

I think it's because Nintendo fans are generally very happy with their purchases and don't feel the need to defend their purchases or shit on other people's purchases.

They are a little less like assholes, in that sense. Boring for this forum, sure, but clearly the more sane option.

That is not true, and you've been around here for long enough to know this damn well. Back in the Wii days, this place was full of KBFLOYD level of sheep. Its just that the WiiU era has completely exterminated the large majority of the reel sheep (Nintendo owner only. no xbox or ps). Right now, all SW has are people who game on other systems and happen to own a Switch on the side, and since its not their main system, its good enough as a side thing.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@BassMan said:

There are no bragging rights for sheep. Nintendo hardware is shit, third party support is abysmal, and their exclusives are nowhere near what they used to be. Nintendo relies on gimmicks, casuals, and disillusioned nostalgic fanboys for financial success. None of that translates well to System Wars and the core gamer demographic. Nintendo is almost as irrelevant as mobile gaming when it comes to System Wars.

Pretty much. There were a lot here when I joined and before, when I was lurking around. They took advantage of PS3's abysmal early years. I mean, everyone did. But a lot of them disappeared when the PS3 picked up momentum.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@SOedipus said:
@BassMan said:

Pretty much. There were a lot here when I joined and before, when I was lurking around. They took advantage of PS3's abysmal early years. I mean, everyone did. But a lot of them disappeared when the PS3 picked up momentum.

Except that the PS4 is also a side system for many people - and in that role it is FAR worse than the Switch

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Litchie

@hardwenzen said:
@Litchie said:

That is not true, and you've been around here for long enough to know this damn well. Back in the Wii days, this place was full of KBFLOYD level of sheep. Its just that the WiiU era has completely exterminated the large majority of the reel sheep (Nintendo owner only. no xbox or ps). Right now, all SW has are people who game on other systems and happen to own a Switch on the side, and since its not their main system, its good enough as a side thing.

Yeah, there's probably a few diffrerent reasons. For one, there were way more people here in the past. Pretty sure Nintendo fans have always been in the minority here and now that these forums are much less active, hardcore Nintendo fans will be rare for obvious reasons.

And again, in my experience with Nintendo fans, it's especially hard to come by those who wants to ignorantly praise Nintendo in everything they do while shitting on other companies, compared to PlayStation and Xbox gamers. It's been like that here as far as I remember, even when the forums were much more active.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pedro

@xantufrog said:

Except that the PS4 is also a side system for many people - and in that role it is FAR worse than the Switch

I maybe reading this out of context but how are you drawing this conclusion that the PS4 is a side system "FAR worse" than the Switch?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Pedro: because it has fewer games I can't play on my primary, and it it adds no hardware or usability features I don't have on my primary.

The switch adds a lot of games to my library, and allows me to play games that I *could* on my primary in a different way (either as a sole purchase or a second purchase - e.g., Civilization 6), AND it gives me new ways to play that I can't on my primary.

My primary is PC

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@xantufrog said:
@SOedipus said:

The PS4 is a side system for many people including myself. That role is not far worse than the Switch though...for me. I had access to a Switch for a few months and even bought a few games for it. It was fun sure, but I got tired of it quickly. Not for me. Also, not sure what your point is in regard to what we were talking about.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@xantufrog said:

Yup, that rings true for me at least. Of course it really comes down to the exclusives you like, or if you're into using the Switch as a handheld.

But being on PC this gen, PS4 was nearly as redundant as Xbone to me. Got far more use out of WiiU and Switch individually than I got from my PS4. Combined, Nintendo made up the overwhelming amount of my console gaming this gen, with PC covering just about everything else.

-

Main topic, not much I can add that hasn't been said. There's still a fair amount of Nintendo fans on this board, we're just short on frothing at the mouth rabid Nintendorks.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pedro

@xantufrog said:

@Pedro: because it has fewer games I can't play on my primary, and it it adds no hardware or usability features I don't have on my primary.

The switch adds a lot of games to my library, and allows me to play games that I *could* on my primary in a different way (either as a sole purchase or a second purchase - e.g., Civilization 6), AND it gives me new ways to play that I can't on my primary.

My primary is PC

What you are describing is your personal experience but, in your initial post you stated it as a general/common thing.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#50 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Litchie: well said.