Why is Nintendo keeping Star Fox off the Wii?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Tony-Baxter
Member since 2003 • 6498 Posts
It's my favorite nintendo series of all time.
Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts
Who said they were keeping it off the wii :? F-Zero and Star Fox will come to the wii it just takes a matter of time.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
[QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]Who said they were keeping it off the wii :? F-Zero and Star Fox will come to the wii it just takes a matter of time.

Doubt it now, with the Wii 2 coming next year and all.
Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tony-Baxter
Who said they were keeping it off the wii :? F-Zero and Star Fox will come to the wii it just takes a matter of time.Sp4rtan_3
Who said they were putting it on?:?
Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sp4rtan_3
[QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]Who said they were keeping it off the wii :? F-Zero and Star Fox will come to the wii it just takes a matter of time.Tony-Baxter

There been a Fzero and star fox on every nintendo console since the SNES, why would the pass up putting either on the wii (or wii 2) ?
Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tony-Baxter
[QUOTE="Tony-Baxter"][QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]Who said they were keeping it off the wii :? F-Zero and Star Fox will come to the wii it just takes a matter of time.Sp4rtan_3

There been a Fzero and star fox on every nintendo console since the SNES, why would the pass up putting either on the wii (or wii 2) ?

I dont know why they're not putting it on the wii but they seem to not be. Wii 2 needs a selling point?
Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sp4rtan_3
[QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"][QUOTE="Tony-Baxter"] Who said they were putting it on?:? Tony-Baxter

I dont know why they're not putting it on the wii but they seem to not be. Wii 2 needs a selling point?

We haven't seen Pikmin 3 in years but we know its being developed, I just say give Nintendo time because they rarely announce games so far in advance.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

[QUOTE="Tony-Baxter"][QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"]Who said they were keeping it off the wii :? F-Zero and Star Fox will come to the wii it just takes a matter of time.Sp4rtan_3

Theres also been a Metroid game on every Nintendo console except the N64

Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tony-Baxter

[QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"][QUOTE="Tony-Baxter"] Who said they were putting it on?:? painguy1

Theres also been a Metroid game on every Nintendo console except the N64

Punchout missed the N64 and Gcn and Pilotwings missed the Gcn and wii.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

It's a good game but won't sell well with casuals, Nintendo doesn't care about having good games, only getting more and more money.

JakeTD21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 JakeTD21
Member since 2007 • 1631 Posts
I wish they would make a sequel to Starfox Adventures.
Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tony-Baxter
I wish they would make a sequel to Starfox Adventures.JakeTD21
As late as a sequel to star fox 64 is......................
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

To be fair the Star Fox games on GC where only Star Fox games in title only

Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tony-Baxter
[QUOTE="Sp4rtan_3"][QUOTE="Tony-Baxter"] Who said they were putting it on?:? HarlockJC

To be fair the Star Fox games where only Star Fox games in title only

star fox 64 was a REAL star fox game (maybe the only true star fox)
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="Tony-Baxter"] star fox 64 was a REAL star fox game (maybe the only true star fox)

From what I understand the DS one is true one also
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

It's a good game but won't sell well with casuals, Nintendo doesn't care about having good games, only getting more and more money.

StealthMonkey4
They care about making money, sure, but they also care about their core franchises. If not all they would release is Mario and Pokemon games. But no, we get many different franchises, we got 2 Metroid games for the Wii I doubt they sold a fraction of what Mario did.
BigBoss255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BigBoss255
Member since 2010 • 3539 Posts
It's the path they chose this gen, I'm hoping they'll be more about the games with Wii 2.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

StealthMonkey4
I didn't realize all those games they released last year weren't good :|
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Same reason they kept Pikmin off the wii, Kirby and Donkey Kong off the GC, and Metroid off the N64... That's just how the cookie crumbles. Nintendo almost has too many ips to worry about making by themselves.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#20 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

[QUOTE="Tony-Baxter"] star fox 64 was a REAL star fox game (maybe the only true star fox)HarlockJC

The DS game was essentially the unreleased Star Fox 2.

Command

Two

But what many people want is a Star Fox that plays like Star Fox 64.

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#21 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I've been asking that question for a few years now.

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#22 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

I don't think that they are "keeping it off", but they are probably just swamped with other projects.:) I would've loved to see another Star Fox game on the Wii which is sorely lacks, but at lest we are getting a port/remake of 64 on the 3DS.:P {which is a day one buy for me:D}

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
anyway, to answer TC's question, it might be because the wii is on it's last legs. Project cafe and the 3ds are fresh blood.
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

I hated motion controls since after the first week I bought it since launch but from then and still now Star Fox has been the one game where I thought that they could make it work with the controls in many ways and stay enjoyable and perhaps even as fun as with standard controls, it also happens to be the game they really dont want to make.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

To be honest Star Fox went downhill after SF64. What the series needs is imo a reboot. Would make a great Project Cafe launch title.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
It's my favorite nintendo series of all time.Tony-Baxter
Sounds like the topic is better suited for the Wii forum.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 StealthMonkey4

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

Shinobishyguy

Of course you didn't, that's why Im here to tell you they weren't.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

Shinobishyguy

Not worth buying is how I looked at them. *shrug*
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#31 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="Tony-Baxter"] star fox 64 was a REAL star fox game (maybe the only true star fox)LegatoSkyheart

The DS game was essentially the unreleased Star Fox 2.

Command

Two

But what many people want is a Star Fox that plays like Star Fox 64.

As much as I love 64, I'd rather Nintendo make the next Star Fox game like Star Wars: Rogue Squadron or Star Wars: Starfighter. If it's on-rails, sales will bomb.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nintendoboy16

To be honest Star Fox went downhill after SF64. What the series needs is imo a reboot. Would make a great Project Cafe launch title.

nameless12345
I rather liked Adventures and Assault. Not bad games at all.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StealthMonkey4

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"] I didn't realize all those games they released last year weren't good :|93BlackHawk93

Of course you didn't, that's why Im here to tell you they weren't.

Do you troll because you really think that, or for the lulz?

Very few are good, most weren't. Regardless, it's lineup has been significantly worse than PS3, 360, and PC for a while now. Don't know how people can defend it to be honest.

PalmPixi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PalmPixi
Member since 2011 • 361 Posts

Because Nintendo doesn't care about Black Foxe's

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#35 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
What more can you do with that series on the Wii? I can't really think of anything.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I think they are waiting for Project Cafe if the rumor that Nintendo will keep the Wii on the Market for the Casual gamers only Project Cafe would need some titles that the core Nintendo fan wants.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

To be honest I am surprised we havent seen a starfox on the wii, although we did see Starfox command on the DS. F-Zero sold horribly (if memory serves the last one sold less than 100k) and I doubt we will see a new entry in the series.

Very few are good, most weren't. Regardless, it's lineup has been significantly worse than PS3, 360, and PC for a while now. Don't know how people can defend it to be honest.

StealthMonkey4

The wii has the worst overall library of all systems. HOWEVER, it has the best exclusive library of all consoles (PC beats it though). I am defending the wii because it makes for an excellent secondary system, with the PC being my primary. Others defend it because it is there they get the most entertainment from, with different tastes and all. You may not enjoy the games that much, but I do, and so do several others.

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

After struggling on GCN and DS they wanted to give the franchise a break. Since they couldn't think of anything new to do with it they decided to just bench it. What's wrong with a series taking a break? Mario and Zelda are like the only two that have never taken time off... and that's cause they're frickin Mario and Zelda.

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

StealthMonkey4

SMG2, SMG, New Super Mario Bros Wii, DKCR, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and many of their other first-party titles are some of the highest rated games this generation. Granted, Mario games probally has more casual appeal then Star Fox, but it does not change the fact that Mario's games have been some of the highest rated and best received titles this generation.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StealthMonkey4

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

caryslan2

SMG2, SMG, New Super Mario Bros Wii, DKCR, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and many of their other first-party titles are some of the highest rated games this generation. Granted, Mario games probally has more casual appeal then Star Fox, but it does not change the fact that Mario's games have been some of the highest rated and best received titles this generation.

The Wii's been out for almost five years, that line-up is awful. It has hardly any decent multiplats, it has some good 1st party exclusives but when that's all the system has, it's a problem.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="caryslan2"]

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

StealthMonkey4

The Wii's been out for almost five years, that line-up is awful. It has hardly any decent multiplats, it has some good 1st party exclusives but when that's all the system has, it's a problem.

Because multiplats should be a final decision on buying a system? :roll:
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

[QUOTE="caryslan2"]

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

StealthMonkey4

And many prefer that lineup to the immature fps-fest of the other consoles, problem?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 nintendoboy16

After struggling on GCN and DS they wanted to give the franchise a break. Since they couldn't think of anything new to do with it they decided to just bench it. What's wrong with a series taking a break? Mario and Zelda are like the only two that have never taken time off... and that's cause they're frickin Mario and Zelda.

PatchMaster
I have a feeling Zelda might be taking a break if Skyward Sword doesn't help.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StealthMonkey4

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

[QUOTE="caryslan2"]

nintendoboy16

Because multiplats should be a final decision on buying a system? :roll:

Yes, especially since the Wii has less decent multiplats than I can count on one hand... That's terrible...

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 StealthMonkey4

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

[QUOTE="caryslan2"]

WreckEm711

And many prefer that lineup to the immature fps-fest of the other consoles, problem?

I don't see what you're getting at, PC, PS3, and 360 libraries have tons of variety.

I could just as well say that many prefer the 360/PS3/PC lineup to the kiddy waggle fest of the other consoles, problem?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

[QUOTE="caryslan2"]

WreckEm711

That's true! I just more Wii games got the recogntion their deserve instead of people making fun of these games all the time.I rather go for less popular games instead of more popular ones.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 StealthMonkey4

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

super600

That's true! I just more Wii games got the recogntion their deserve instead of people making fun of these games all the time.I rather go for less popular games instead of more popular ones.

That doesn't make any sense. Popularity shouldn't factor into it all, it should be quality. Many of the best games out there are extremely popular.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

StealthMonkey4

I don't see what you're getting at, PC, PS3, and 360 libraries have tons of variety.

I could just as well say that many prefer the 360/PS3/PC lineup to the kiddy waggle fest of the other consoles, problem?

FPS gamesseem to be the most popular on the other systems. I don't see many people in real life talking about othergenres really.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts
yeah, it does disappoint me, but at least they have Star Fox 64 for Wii VC