WHy is Nintendo doing this Moronic Thing? I like the WIi but....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 YourExpert
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts
The friend codes. Everyone hates them. I just read a preview on the new Mario Strikes and it seems each game is going to have its own. WHy does Nintendo do stupid crap like this. All the fans seem to hate them, I hate them, we want a simple multiplayer friends list. Why in god does a smart company do a retarded thing like this?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Use the matchmaking... :|
Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Sooshy
Member since 2007 • 1723 Posts
Because they don't care about online as much as they should.
karicha9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 karicha9
Member since 2003 • 6927 Posts

Safety.

Why do people whine so much.  Noone like whiners.  Why would someone choose to do something as stupid as whine about something?  Will it get them what they want?

See what I did there? 

Thanatos1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Thanatos1337
Member since 2007 • 316 Posts
Freind codes make it nessasary to know others codes in order to play with them right?
NECR0CHILD313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 NECR0CHILD313
Member since 2006 • 7025 Posts
...I'm over it.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Freind codes make it nessasary to know others codes in order to play with them right?Thanatos1337

Friend codes make it nessasary to play games with people you know in real life. Without friend codes, you can only play random match ups with strangers.

Freind codes are also usually required for chat. 

Thanatos1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Thanatos1337
Member since 2007 • 316 Posts

[QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]Freind codes make it nessasary to know others codes in order to play with them right?goblaa

Friend codes make it nessasary to play games with people you know in real life. Without friend codes, you can only play random match ups with strangers.

How is this a problem? Except for the obsessive players who play 24/7 trying to be the best at an online game who will this really affect?
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

But think about the kids, man. Think about the kids!!!!!! 

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 goblaa
[QUOTE="goblaa"]

[QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]Freind codes make it nessasary to know others codes in order to play with them right?Thanatos1337

How is this a problem? Except for the obsessive players who play 24/7 trying to be the best at an online game who will this really affect?

In my opinion, it isn't a problem. I feel the friend code thing is blown way out of proportion. It's really no big deal. 

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
[QUOTE="goblaa"]

[QUOTE="Thanatos1337"]Freind codes make it nessasary to know others codes in order to play with them right?Thanatos1337

Yeah, my thoughts. To me, it's not too big of a deal.
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts
You don't need the friend codes to play online...
WiiForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WiiForAll
Member since 2007 • 234 Posts
Friend Codes are really only a problem if you have to have them to play online. As long as a game has a way to play otherwise, I'm good.
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
I just wish you didn't have to receive your friend's code to add them. Why is there no 'Add to friends' button?!
Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sooshy
People that are saying "It's fine for me." aren't looking at the big picture here. When compared to Xbox Live (the current leader in online console gaming), the Wii's friend system is absurd.
WiiForAll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WiiForAll
Member since 2007 • 234 Posts

People that are saying "It's fine for me." aren't looking at the big picture here. When compared to Xbox Live (the current leader in online console gaming), the Wii's friend system is absurd.Sooshy

I guess it's just not a problem for me because I don't care about friends online that much. Like with Madden, I always do the quick game feature or whatever, and I never really bother adding anyone. The only people I add are usually real life friends, which is just fine for Friend Codes. It may be a pain to have a different one for each game, but it really isn't so bad.

Now, if I had to pay a monthly fee for online, then you're right, it would be absurd. But since I don't, I don't mind.

Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sooshy

[QUOTE="Sooshy"]People that are saying "It's fine for me." aren't looking at the big picture here. When compared to Xbox Live (the current leader in online console gaming), the Wii's friend system is absurd.WiiForAll

I guess it's just not a problem for me because I don't care about friends online that much. Like with Madden, I always do the quick game feature or whatever, and I never really bother adding anyone. The only people I add are usually real life friends, which is just fine for Friend Codes. It may be a pain to have a different one for each game, but it really isn't so bad.

Now, if I had to pay a monthly fee for online, then you're right, it would be absurd. But since I don't, I don't mind.

I understand that it may be fine for you, but it's not fine for everyone. Nintendo does not care as much about online as they should.
Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts

People that are saying "It's fine for me." aren't looking at the big picture here. When compared to Xbox Live (the current leader in online console gaming), the Wii's friend system is absurd.Sooshy

And I care why?

IMHO about 90% of the genres on console don't need or shouldn't have online in the first place. So I see no problem. 

Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sooshy

[QUOTE="Sooshy"]People that are saying "It's fine for me." aren't looking at the big picture here. When compared to Xbox Live (the current leader in online console gaming), the Wii's friend system is absurd.Dencore

And I care why?

IMHO about 90% of the genres on console don't need or shouldn't have online in the first place. So I see no problem.

How does your opinion translate into anything credible? Millions of people enjoy playing games online everyday.
16bitkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 16bitkevin
Member since 2005 • 3962 Posts

I dislike Friend's Codes so much...

A simple unified "add to friends" option would've been nice.

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
How does your opinion translate into anything credible? Millions of people enjoy playing games online everyday.
Sooshy
Exactly. So while you think it is absurd, other people will think it is fine. This thread should be over.
Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sooshy

[QUOTE="Sooshy"]How does your opinion translate into anything credible? Millions of people enjoy playing games online everyday.
coreygames
Exactly. So while you think it is absurd, other people will think it is fine. This thread should be over.

There are official numbers to prove my point. Millions of people play games online, right or wrong? There is a difference between an opinion backed by facts, and opinions backed by personal preference.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 goblaa

A simple unified "add to friends" option would've been nice.

16bitkevin

From what I understand, that's exactly what N is trying to avoid. 

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 goblaa

[QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="Sooshy"]How does your opinion translate into anything credible? Millions of people enjoy playing games online everyday.
Sooshy

There are official numbers to prove my point. Millions of people play games online, right or wrong? There is a difference between an opinion backed by facts, and opinions backed by personal preference.

Yes, but are the majority playing people they know in real life, or are they playing random strangers? 

Kalel559

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -8

#25 Kalel559
Member since 2003 • 9621 Posts

Only hardcore gamers complain about them. Casual gamers don't know any different and they probably like then since they're safe.

By the way, hardcore gamers represent the minority now so get used to being ignored.

Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sooshy
[QUOTE="Sooshy"]

[QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="Sooshy"]How does your opinion translate into anything credible? Millions of people enjoy playing games online everyday.
goblaa

Yes, but are the majority playing people they know in real life, or are they playing random strangers?

Both? I don't know, I don't know any official numbers behind that.
hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
I don't really think it will be disastrous as people say. I agree, this thing is exagerrated.
Boba_Fett_3710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Boba_Fett_3710
Member since 2005 • 8783 Posts

I don't like the friends code system but on the other hand, I don't care to play someone I don't know personally more than once.

Most people don't realize that you don't need to use friend codes to play online. I've always liked random matches with random people online. 

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
The only time I ever really care about playing someone I know online is my friends who go to school half way across the country. besides that random match ups are cool.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

But think about the kids, man. Think about the kids!!!!!!

m_machine024

Well, it's just "insurance" against lawsuits. 

drewtwo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 drewtwo99
Member since 2005 • 9156 Posts
Friend code system is a hassle, sure... but it's a free hassle. So that's ok. I'd rather have free friend code system than pay for xbox live.
Virus214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Virus214
Member since 2007 • 2052 Posts

Friend code system is a hassle, sure... but it's a free hassle. So that's ok. I'd rather have free friend code system than pay for xbox live.drewtwo99

amenÂ