Why is Kingdom Come Deliverance being underestimated?

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts

@pelvist said:
@howmakewood said:
@pelvist said:

Why is it taking so long to come out, and why arent people saying its never coming out like they do with SC? Oh, must be because its multi-plat.

but this is actually coming out

But its been so many years tho...

If the game was PC exclusive it would be getting the same treatment from fanboys as SC does.

Maybe, but then again if it was PC exclusive even less people would know about the game at all

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#52 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@howmakewood said:
@pelvist said:
@howmakewood said:
@pelvist said:

Why is it taking so long to come out, and why arent people saying its never coming out like they do with SC? Oh, must be because its multi-plat.

If the game was PC exclusive it would be getting the same treatment from fanboys as SC does.

Maybe, but then again if it was PC exclusive even less people would know about the game at all

Ok... /rolleyes

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts

@pelvist: Ok maybe same treatment, but the point was nobody would know about it to give it shit

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#54  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@howmakewood: In the very early days of the Kickstarter this was only a PC game. It wasnt until it was popularized by PC gamers that they announced a console version and that it would still be lead developed for PC. The game was delayed in 2016 because the publisher wanted the main three versions of the game to release at the same time despite the PC version of the game being much further on in development.

So on the contrary, if it wasn't for PC you'd never have known about it on consoles to give a shit.

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Ok, THIS is amazing!

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@pelvist said:

@howmakewood: In the very early days of the Kickstarter this was only a PC game. It wasnt until it was popularized by PC gamers that they announced a console version and that it would still be lead developed for PC. The game was delayed in 2016 because the publisher wanted the main three versions of the game to release at the same time despite the PC version of the game being much further on in development.

So on the contrary, if it wasn't for PC, you'd never have known about it on consoles to give a shit.

This decision disappointed me, but I guess if it allows more polish and a bigger budget to go into the game, then I can live with it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

I'm just more excited to play Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord then Kingdom Come Deliverance and I haven't been paying attention to Deliverance until I enter this thread.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58  Edited By kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

I haven't bought it yet but I'm looking forward to it. I'll have to clear some games from my backlog before I do buy it though, and knowing me that's gonna take a while...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#59 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

The combat from a game feel standpoint lacks polishing effects, and additionally looks bland as hell. The pc nerd fodder definition of deep of “the realism”, while ignoring how many redundant states the system has.

Hard pass. It be nice if pc dweebs came within a mile of getting a clue. Eat less shit pls.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#60  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14891 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

The combat from a game feel standpoint lacks polishing effects, and additionally looks bland as hell. The pc nerd fodder definition of deep of “the realism”, while ignoring how many redundant states the system has.

Hard pass. It be nice if pc dweebs came within a mile of getting a clue. Eat less shit pls.

Because you are looking the beta videos. Second, its not bland, you don't be smart in combat, you will die quickly. This game is meant to kill you if you don't play smart in any area. And as well, combat doesn't mean someone has to die either, so its much different from most RPGs.

And the gameplay is far more than just combat, far more. Most combat can be avoided.

And no, we are not ignoring the redundant states, there isn't much of redundant states in this game in the first place.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Because you are looking the beta videos. Second, its not bland, you don't be smart in combat, you will die quickly. This game is meant to kill you if you don't play smart in any area. And as well, combat doesn't mean someone has to die either, so its much different from most RPGs.

And the gameplay is far more than just combat, far more. Most combat can be avoided.

And no, we are not ignoring the redundant states, there isn't much of redundant states in this game in the first place.

maybe you both should try playing the final build before making such sweeping claims

you both come off as wankers here

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

I think Mount And Blade does count. While you can play a female (which would never happen unless you want burnt), it has a world very much set up like medieval times, and mods go even further. Of course it's still remains "game", and doesn't overstep the mark into boring sterile shit. Even though it barely looks like a PS2 title, people love it regardless, it's hugely popular. It presents a different time, with homogenized game mechanics unique game into something unique, with huge potential.

I think that's very important, you're going to apply a contemporary mindset, you're squandering your setting. Medieval, iron-age etc... was an alien world. Show it as such, otherwise you're doing boring shit we've seen a million times before.

Funnily enough Sean Bean was in a movie called "Black Death", which is superb and really taps into religious supersaturation VS the actual reality. Well worth a watch. ee dies.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

someone should make a game where you can get a limb cut off but still continue.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@ten_pints: And a dedicated taunt button that includes phrases like "'Tis but a scratch' and 'Just a flesh wound'.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 texasgoldrush

@ten_pints said:

someone should make a game where you can get a limb cut off but still continue.

Highly unlikely you would get maimed in medieval combat (cleanly I mean), especially in chain mail and plate.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Who has under estimated the game? The rascals. So what are we looking at here a medieval RPG with no fantasy elements so it's like Witcher 3 or DA Inquisition except with all the interesting and exciting stuff taken out and guys just whack each other on the head with swords.

Yeah this has HUGE potential to be incredibly boring so it's absolutely no surprise that Texas likes it. He loves adventure games with absolutely no puzzle elements (Life Is Strange) so an RPG where he doesn't have to do anything at all except whack some guy on the head with a sword and wow he is completely sold.

Right. You know there is a reason why games don't directly imitate real life, right? No? Okay. Have at it then.

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

This game will most likely be amazing. But i'm sure there will be some annoying bugs on release.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15561 Posts

I have a very strong feeling that this will be the next Two Worlds which means I'm not going to give a shit until it's in people's hands.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

It seems interesting.

https://wccftech.com/kingdom-come-1440p-xb1x-1080p-ps4-pro/

Loading Video...

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 texasgoldrush

@blueinheaven said:

Who has under estimated the game? The rascals. So what are we looking at here a medieval RPG with no fantasy elements so it's like Witcher 3 or DA Inquisition except with all the interesting and exciting stuff taken out and guys just whack each other on the head with swords.

Yeah this has HUGE potential to be incredibly boring so it's absolutely no surprise that Texas likes it. He loves adventure games with absolutely no puzzle elements (Life Is Strange) so an RPG where he doesn't have to do anything at all except whack some guy on the head with a sword and wow he is completely sold.

Right. You know there is a reason why games don't directly imitate real life, right? No? Okay. Have at it then.

Wow, you really do not get it at all.

Before you fart out your opinion like a dumbass, why don't you educate yourself about the game? This game, if you were paying attention, is far more than just about whacking people on the head with swords. In fact, you can go through the game doing a minimal amount of that by building a speech character. You can complete quests in multiple ways, and your decisions have an impact on not only the story, but the gameplay.

And the fact that this game has no fantasy has drawn interest. This was a Kickstarter backed game, one they got a lot of funding. But I guess you failed to learn this farting out your idiotic opinion, not knowing the **** you are talking about.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By texasgoldrush
Loading Video...

More info on the game.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:
@blueinheaven said:

Wow, you really do not get it at all.

Before you fart out your opinion like a dumbass, why don't you educate yourself about the game? This game, if you were paying attention, is far more than just about whacking people on the head with swords. In fact, you can go through the game doing a minimal amount of that by building a speech character. You can complete quests in multiple ways, and your decisions have an impact on not only the story, but the gameplay.

And the fact that this game has no fantasy has drawn interest. This was a Kickstarter backed game, one they got a lot of funding. But I guess you failed to learn this farting out your idiotic opinion, not knowing the **** you are talking about.

You've just said a whole lot of nothing, exactly what we come to expect when you spew your drivel on to the forum.

I've seen plenty about the game, news items, trailers etc and the big selling point is it's a realistic sim not a fantasy RPG. So tell me again how they are going to make this incredibly simplistic gameplay interesting because nobody else has.

Oh, and PR-speak like 'you complete quests in multiple ways' or decisions having an impact like yeah every other RPG ever made, that's not what I'm looking for here. This is your chance to tell us what the big deal is about this game. Oh and I don't know exactly what you think the Kickstarter connection has to do with anything, are you saying it must be good because people have backed it? I'm trying to gauge your exact level of stupidity here.

darktruth007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By darktruth007
Member since 2003 • 975 Posts

Definitely will wait for this. In the meantime I'll be looking out for patches, dlcs, strat guides and mods such as the helmet visibility mod.

Khazrak134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#74 Khazrak134
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

I cant wait to get this game.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95:Because it's a multiplat. It would be getting a crap ton more attention if it were an exclusive. I backed it in the kickstarter way back in the day; I'm excited for it.

@howmakewood said:
@pelvist said:
@howmakewood said:
@pelvist said:

There is some truth to what DragonfireXZ95 said.

These days almost everything is multiplatform title so it being an exclusive, even as a PC exclusive makes a game stand out more. The multiplatform market is pretty crowded and unless you're a big name, come from a big name developer/publisher or have lots of marketing/hype behind your game you're likely to get overshadowed. Being an exclusive makes your game seem more special than it really is. It creates a demand that may have not been their in the first place due to gamers finding out they don't have it available for their platform of choice where they likely would have just left it on the backburner if was coming to their platform and was a multiplat at launch. Then there is the marketing you get for being an exclusive, tons of gaming sites and channels will give your game more coverage if its an exclusive.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of indie devs chose to do console exclusivity mainly because of all the marketing they'd get as a "console exclusive" despite how much more money they can potentially make as a multiplat because their game could likely get overshadowed if it were a multiplat or a multiplat at launch.

You guys seem to underestimate console wars. Sites like Gamespot, IGN, Kotaku, and etc feed off that as its an easy way to pull in views. If Kingdome Come Deliverance was a console exclusive you beat your ass it would be getting way more game coverage and definitely show up in more top upcoming games videos and of course all the upcoming console exclusive videos.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#76 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of indie devs chose to do console exclusivity mainly because of all the marketing they'd get as a "console exclusive" despite how much more money they can potentially make as a multiplat because their game could likely get overshadowed if it were a multiplat or a multiplat at launch.

there is no such thing as third party console exclusive today. every game not publish by sony or nintendo eventually come to PC anyday. or maybe even sony publish as we saw nioh released on PC.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@ghosts4ever: In case you misread by post, by "console exclusivity" I meant games that are also on PC but only available for one console therefore they're "Console exclusive". You're right 3rd party consoles exclusives are a dying breed at this point Japanese developers are the only ones consistently giving out third party exclusives but that is starting to change as more and more Japanese games come to PC and the Nintendo Switch is starting to get some of them too.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

its a game set in medieval times with a focus on combat.

there is NOTHING revolutionary about that, that has been done plenty

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@vaeh said:

Because it's another Kickstarter scam, indie garbage & multiplatform game.

'another'?

Ark, Subnautica, kerbal space progam, wasteland 2, transport fever. more and more are releasing every day and these are amazing games

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

@tryit said:
@vaeh said:

Because it's another Kickstarter scam, indie garbage & multiplatform game.

'another'?

Ark, Subnautica, kerbal space progam, wasteland 2, transport fever. more and more are releasing every day and these are amazing games

Oh come on I was just being sarcastic.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#81  Edited By deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

Maybe we should just wait for the game come out before we start talking. These ambitious games have a very high chance of failing. I personally have high expectations for it, but I'm also a realist. It is the first and only game I've backed.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 texasgoldrush
Loading Video...

Story launch trailer.

Looking good.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 texasgoldrush

@tryit said:

WRONG

You can get through most, if not all, through the game by not killing anyone and by talking you way out of problems, or by stealth.

And a medieval open world RPG that's not a strategy game IS revolutionary.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#84 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

@tryit said:

Even if that's arguably the case, it's still extremely rare to the point the game does look unique.

The PC was/is really a resurgence of medieval interest. The last time it had such a huge peak of interest was probably Defender Of the Crown on the Amiga, which was pretty much a Crysis of it's day.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Looks interesting, this is coming out for consoles too?

Edit: It is... hmmm... gotta look into this game a bit better now.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts

Shots fired!

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#87 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

@kozio: Haha. Witcher 3 was one of this gens best games. I'm super excited for KCD, but I'm not going into it expecting a Witcher 3 experience. Also, Witcher 3 is old by now. If anyone hasn't played it already, it's their loss.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

As a pc gamer that likes some RPG's. I honestly don't see the appeal in this.

Chosing to kill stuff or not, is something i already experienced in divinity 2, the visuals look extremely unappealing. The animations look wonky. It really looks like a self made project type of game.

The combat doesn't look great.

So what's left? only sword / axe / bow type of gameplay? because no magic in this game?

I guess you can solve a murder or murder a town if you wan't. What's so great about that? divinity already does this perfectly fine.

Then from what i readed they focus on console games while it was originally pushed for PC as kickstarter? nice use of resources there, not.

Seems like a trainwreck of a game all around. Will probably take years to get anywhere near acceptable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Gatygun said:

As a pc gamer that likes some RPG's. I honestly don't see the appeal in this.

Chosing to kill stuff or not, is something i already experienced in divinity 2, the visuals look extremely unappealing. The animations look wonky. It really looks like a self made project type of game.

The combat doesn't look great.

So what's left? only sword / axe / bow type of gameplay? because no magic in this game?

I guess you can solve a murder or murder a town if you wan't. What's so great about that? divinity already does this perfectly fine.

Then from what i readed they focus on console games while it was originally pushed for PC as kickstarter? nice use of resources there, not.

Seems like a trainwreck of a game all around. Will probably take years to get anywhere near acceptable.

I wouldn't look at this as an RPG specifically (though you certainly do role play), more of a mix of a RPG/Simulator style experience. No magic because magic doesn't belong here.... it's suppose to be like living in the era. Ina simulated world wrapped in a story.

There is more room in gaming for all kinds of experiences, this is an example of a company taking a chance. Though Mount & Blade being similar was very successful despite its horrendous production values.

It's very difficult to make a truly polished Medevil fighting experience that doesn't turn into a boring-modern God of War / Batman style fighter... or half baked attempts like the Elder Scrolls series, this is as close as it gets currently.

I'm not that interested in it either, far more interesting in M&B2: Bannerlord... still no release date :(

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#90 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

Mount and Blade does not count

Why not?

As for the rest of your post, I think it looks like it could be good, but do you remember the last time some allegedly-indie developer tried to make a AAA game and market it like this?

It was called No Man's Sky.

So I think the less hype around this game, the better; if it's a great game, it will generate the hype it warrants after release. If it's a good game, people won't be disappointed that it's not a great game. And if it's a bad game, well, there will be less butthurt.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 texasgoldrush

@mrbojangles25 said:
@texasgoldrush said:

Why not?

As for the rest of your post, I think it looks like it could be good, but do you remember the last time some allegedly-indie developer tried to make a AAA game and market it like this?

So I think the less hype around this game, the better; if it's a great game, it will generate the hype it warrants after release. If it's a good game, people won't be disappointed that it's not a great game. And if it's a bad game, well, there will be less butthurt.

Why not?

Because it isn't a historical game, it is a low fantasy game with no magic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@texasgoldrush said:

Why not?

Why not?

You mean I can't whipe out 1000s of soldiers back walking backwards? :(

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#93 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@texasgoldrush said:

Why not?

Why not?

The game isn't out yet and you're acting like it's ArmA except medieval. "Realism! Realism! Realism!"

Anyway, Mount and Blade does count; just because it did a couple things you don't like, it is still a realistic medieval warfare and life sim. Why does it count? Because it's the closest thing we have had to Kingdom Come until Kingdom Come. Don't dethrone the champion of this extremely niche sub-genre until it's a certainty. Don't give in to the hype.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 DragonfireXZ95

@kozio said:

Shots fired!

I don't understand this tweet. Kingdom Come is selling on GOG.com, which is owned by CD Projekt Red. Also, The Witcher 3 goes on sale like every 2 months.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By DragonfireXZ95

@mrbojangles25 said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@texasgoldrush said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Why not?

Why not?

The game isn't out yet and you're acting like it's ArmA except medieval. "Realism! Realism! Realism!"

Anyway, Mount and Blade does count; just because it did a couple things you don't like, it is still a realistic medieval warfare and life sim. Why does it count? Because it's the closest thing we have had to Kingdom Come until Kingdom Come. Don't dethrone the champion of this extremely niche sub-genre until it's a certainty. Don't give in to the hype.

There's a beta, and it displays a ton of the potential that may be found in the game. You can pick locks, sneak into houses, go about different ways of persuading(with the correct skills) people or just downright start fights with them. There's bow combat, horse riding, a living breathing world where NPCs go to work, sleep, talk to each other, and get in conflicts with one another. Actually, the persuasion system is much like Divinity, whereas if you have higher strength, you can intimidate them, or if you have higher intelligence, you can use logic against them.

There's plenty that say it's going to be amazing.

Also, Mount and Blade was an amazing game, but it's nowhere near the same. Mount and Blade was about building an army and taking over strongholds; the story was pretty meager in it, as in sometimes you had to resolve conflict, and sometimes it would cause a party member to leave, but it wasn't game changing by any means. It was cool, but it's just not the same.

If anything, this game is more like a first person Baldur's gate/Divinity with an epic sweeping story involving one character and a ton of localized problem solving, without the insane battles and castle devouring. It's not really the same at all.

Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Dogmatic923
Member since 2006 • 734 Posts

I'm just your old fashion counsol peasent who can recall several years back when i stumbled across a vid on KCD. I would check in with it time to time being somewhat jelly over the fact i'd never get to play it. Then a year or two rolled by and low and behold it just pops up out of the blue in my games coming soon. I thought it had already been released but nah, all those lets play vids where from the beta.

I am extremely grateful for all you PC players who are backers of these types of ground breaking games and see the potential in them as well as putting the money down years in advance on a gamble. The last great game to grace my moderate game collection of 250 in the same fashion was elite dangerous. I am extremely looking forward to spending countless hours in this beautiful world. I'm inspired by so many factors this game offers: like combat; the survival aspects of hunger, thirst and sleep; a living and non static story driven world and thats just to name a few. The only worry I have is there's no word yet if mods will come to consoles.

All in all, I expect i'll play 3 or 4 play throughs without mods so I'm expecting around 500 to 1000 hrs of game time. Like some people have noted, at first i was surprised this game doesn't have much hype surrounding it but after rethinking I can see why. At face value there's really no marketable headlines to capure the attention of the masses. There's no dragon fights like skyrim that looks cool but turned out to be extremely shallow compared to how complex combat seems to be in KCD. Some of the greatest aspects of KCD seems to be vailed in what at first glance seems mundane.

Well thx again some of you PC players for inadvertenly helping some of us console peasents get our hands on what will no doubt be considered one of the classic gaming gems of our time, at least for some of us who understands great gaming experience are more than just skin deep.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#97  Edited By Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Its title alone makes it a B level game.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#98 Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts

@UssjTrunks said:

Never heard of it. Sounds pretty interesting.

I was suprised when I read the part in bold. Then I remembered this isn't a PC forum. I'm guessing you're not a PC gamer. This is a big deal on the PC.

@texasgoldrush:

I think the game will be extremely unpolished. Despite the "theft" system being infinitely more complex than throwing a bucket on an NPC's head and robbing them blind, it will have contrivances. The problem with games like this is that if the finer systems like eating, sleeping, injuries (to horses?) and NPC relationships aren't implemented properly, they can feel really "gamey" and actually detract from the experience. Sometimes less is more if it means being able to enjoy an experience without micromanaging. I hope they get it right.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@Johnny-n-Roger said:
@UssjTrunks said:

Never heard of it. Sounds pretty interesting.

I was suprised when I read the part in bold. Then I remembered this isn't a PC forum. I'm guessing you're not a PC gamer. This is a big deal on the PC.

@texasgoldrush:

I think the game will be extremely unpolished. Despite the "theft" system being infinitely more complex than throwing a bucket on an NPC's head and robbing them blind, it will have contrivances. The problem with games like this is that if the finer systems like eating, sleeping, injuries (to horses?) and NPC relationships aren't implemented properly, they can feel really "gamey" and actually detract from the experience. Sometimes less is more if it means being able to enjoy an experience without micromanaging. I hope they get it right.

Except it's also on consoles with a simultaneous release. I don't see it as a big deal on PC centric forums either and you can tell from gameplay footage that it's not polished but there's going to be some real performance issues on that Crytek engine as had all the other games that used Cryengine 4.

Games like Chivalry didn't do that great either as the time period leaves a lot to be desired., I don't think most gamers in general actually like simulations because they are never very fun but only to the niche crowds. I think it'll quickly get forgotten about right along with other simulation games.

Johnny-n-Roger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#100 Johnny-n-Roger
Member since 2003 • 15151 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:

Except it's also on consoles with a simultaneous release. I don't see it as a big deal on PC centric forums either and you can tell from gameplay footage that it's not polished but there's going to be some real performance issues on that Crytek engine as had all the other games that used Cryengine 4.

Games like Chivalry didn't do that great either as the time period leaves a lot to be desired., I don't think most gamers in general actually like simulations because they are never very fun but only to the niche crowds. I think it'll quickly get forgotten about right along with other simulation games.

Well I knew it wasn't exclusive, but games that are a big deal on PC don't necessarily garner a console following and vice versa. This game comes up more the further you veer from mainstream sources that are bought and paid for by publishers.

I personally think that gun games will wane in popularity simply because there isn't much more you can do with them besides provide more of the same. There is still a great deal of polishing to be done first-person sword and shield / archery mechanics in gaming. Its success depends on how accessible it is to content creators.