Why is Borderlands Remaster $60 dollars GoW 3 remaster $40?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

THe borderlands full collection was like 19.99 on a steam sale and god of war 1-3 was packaged deal for like 19.99

why are they 60 dollars and 40 dollars on the new system when they didn't upgrade the graphics its the same game just running on beteter hardware an it priced 2-3 times higher

that doesn't make sense the game is old its a not new game off the assembly line it wasn't upgraded

GTA 5 remaster was upgraded we saw the graphics improve these ones no i dont' see improvements in graphics i just see it running faster an higher resolution

with halo MCC the 2nd one textures look like new quality it looks as good halo 4 now

thats a upgrade right? these ones aren't tho

we have some remaster getting great treatment liek halo 2 and we got others like borderlands 2 which is the same game at 60 dollars

i dunno why are they trying to fool people like ONES upgrade the other isn't one has like new FMV Cinematics with masster chief like a avatar guy an a big plant like snake

while borderlands 2 charges 60 didnt' do any of that the soundtrack the same everything the same

we have some companys abusing remasters others like halo2 gta 5 actually doing upgrades its such a cluster mess right now microsoft an sony need to ban the remaster unless they actually do upgrade the game an make them charge a reasonable price for just re-releases 19 dollars eem fair 60 seems like crap

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Because they can do it,people will pay anyway

Stop making threads

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts
@ProtossX said:

THe borderlands full collection was like 19.99 on a steam sale and god of war 1-3 was packaged deal for like 19.99

why are they 60 dollars and 40 dollars on the new system when they didn't upgrade the graphics its the same game just running on beteter hardware an it priced 2-3 times higher

At least try a little

"Both games in The Handsome Collection will feature remastered graphics, and be capable of running at 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second when playing with one or two local players. The games will also be capable of local split-screen multiplayer with up to four players, rather than the two-player limit of the previous versions;"

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Maybe because the Borderlands remaster includes 2 games and supports multiplayer while God of War 3 is just one game with no multiplayer. So the remaster that put in more effort is a little bit more in price. Plus one of the games in the Borderlands remaster is pretty new, like only 6 months while God of War 3 is old like 5 years old.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@lostrib said:
@ProtossX said:

At least try a little

"Both games in The Handsome Collection will feature remastered graphics, and be capable of running at 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second when playing with one or two local players. The games will also be capable of local split-screen multiplayer with up to four players, rather than the two-player limit of the previous versions;"

Also the handsome collection has two games and not one.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@lostrib said:
@ProtossX said:

At least try a little

Also the handsome collection has two games and not one.

/thread

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Presequel is still a pretty new game. They're essentially porting that game to next-gen systems and packaging all the DLC plus the complete Borderlands 2 experience with it. I think $60 is a fair price, although I won't be getting the collection until it's $30.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

Well SONY in synonymous with value.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

Because people are willing to pay that much.

Personally, I think remastering a game less than 10 years old is a scam, but I'm apparently in the minority seeing as how remastering 1-2 year old games at full price is becoming normal.

I really don't understand how people can not only defend that sort of practice, but actually be happy and excited for it...

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Comparing two games with one. Lol.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#12 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

..............another remaster.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@musicalmac said:

REMASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE!!!

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Hey look. More remasters no one asked for. Joy.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
@TrappedInABox91 said:

Hey look. More remasters no one asked for. Joy.

Fucking ridiculous that people were actually DEFENDING these companies for releasing systems with out any backwards compatability.. We now know why they went that route.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

You see....when the currency of Japan is marked up when compared to the currency of America...and b/c Sony is a Japanese company the exchange rate shuffles a bit. Then you have the different amount being spent on devs working on the upgrade and with that the exchange rate changes again. Next theres the thing where Japan loves America....they just do...they love us. So we get their games for cheap....it's why Nintendo saved home gaming for us in America. B/c they were like "Hey...big America needs fun too.....we're gonna save their fun having abilites."

So then America became the powerhouse it is with gaming...with our Develope Gaming +1 hammer we found when Gabe Newell dropped it on the street.

Since then it's been all smooth sailing.

And the day GoW 3 remaster comes out theres a full moon....so, of course, Sony doens't want any bad luck b/c theres an ancient Japanese proverb that says "When price of market low on full moon....much wind in the sail of seller."

Think about that for a second.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@mr_huggles_dog: We may not be best buds on the forum, but I'd blaze one with ya any day bro.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: Lol....thank you.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

I own/possess 4 different versions of borderlands 2...

360 - glitched

Ps3 - free on plus, never played it...

Pc - pretty good and easily best version, but lost interest a third of the way in...

Vita - controls so bad I'd only recommend this version if you crash wake up on a deserted Island and you find a vita in the reckage

Every time I get the game I realize the franchise just doesn't do much for me... I dumped a ton of time into the first game and I'm kinda all set... No different than the way I felt with far cry 4. I wanted something other than far cry 3.5...

Gonna pass on more of the same for a while

Also.... Lol on GoW3. A totally fatigued franchise re-releasing a wholly average game... Good god no thanks...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#20 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I own/possess 4 different versions of borderlands 2...

360 - glitched

Ps3 - free on plus, never played it...

Pc - pretty good and easily best version, but lost interest a third of the way in...

Vita - controls so bad I'd only recommend this version if you crash wake up on a deserted Island and you find a vita in the reckage

Every time I get the game I realize the franchise just doesn't do much for me... I dumped a ton of time into the first game and I'm kinda all set... No different than the way I felt with far cry 4. I wanted something other than far cry 3.5...

Gonna pass on more of the same for a while

Also.... Lol on GoW3. A totally fatigued franchise re-releasing a wholly average game... Good god no thanks...

Holy Shyte, MAN!!! I'll tell u guys all about it on the next P2M

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#21 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts
@mr_huggles_dog said:

You see....when the currency of Japan is marked up when compared to the currency of America...and b/c Sony is a Japanese company the exchange rate shuffles a bit. Then you have the different amount being spent on devs working on the upgrade and with that the exchange rate changes again. Next theres the thing where Japan loves America....they just do...they love us. So we get their games for cheap....it's why Nintendo saved home gaming for us in America. B/c they were like "Hey...big America needs fun too.....we're gonna save their fun having abilites."

So then America became the powerhouse it is with gaming...with our Develope Gaming +1 hammer we found when Gabe Newell dropped it on the street.

Since then it's been all smooth sailing.

And the day GoW 3 remaster comes out theres a full moon....so, of course, Sony doens't want any bad luck b/c theres an ancient Japanese proverb that says "When price of market low on full moon....much wind in the sail of seller."

Think about that for a second.

Awesome post!!

@ConanTheStoner said:

@mr_huggles_dog: We may not be best buds on the forum, but I'd blaze one with ya any day bro.

Are you boys taking the pot?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

@cainetao11: come on tonight!

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Because you touch yourself at night.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

Anyone who buys this deserves to be scammed lmao

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@Thunderdrone said:

Anyone who buys this deserves to be scammed lmao

lmao omfg what a fucking joke

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@ProtossX: Because money went into remastering the game. (2 games actually)

Logically, Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel has a lot more content...
A LOT MORE

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

just wait, they'll be $20 in a matter of months

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

Borderlands the Handsome Edition contains two games plus all the expansion that ever came out for both vs just one God of War game. So you do the math.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Wow, this is the first I've heard of God of War 3 being remastered. That was one of my favorite games of last generation. This is definitely a day one buy for me.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56080 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@musicalmac said:

REMASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE!!!

Well there's a reason we don't have backward compatibility anymore. It's too expensive, and people whine when consoles get more expensive, or does nobody remember the PS3 launch? People made it very clear they would rather have a cheaper console, look at PS4 $399 vs Xbox One 499. [at launch]

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ConanTheStoner

@davillain- said:

Well there's a reason we don't have backward compatibility anymore. It's too expensive, and people whine when consoles get more expensive, or does nobody remember the PS3 launch? People made it very clear they would rather have a cheaper console, look at PS4 $399 vs Xbox One 499. [at launch]

Yeah, it sucks. I always find I'm the odd man out on these things. I paid full price for a fully BC PS3 at launch and I love the damn thing. I would have gladly paid more for a BC PS4.

Oh well. I try to do my part. I don't pay for PSN or Live. I rarely buy DLC and I never buy day 1 DLC or any DLC of the bullshit variety for that matter. Don't do microtransactions. Don't preorder.

I've done my best to be a responsible consumer in the console space, but I feel like I'm just pissing in the wind at this point.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

and the GOTY edition for both BL1/2 are below $10 on steam during sales.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Borderlands Remaster isn't really a bad deal all things considered. Not a fantastic one either. The God of War III -- Remastered edition on the hand is the definition of a rip-off.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56080 Posts

@jamejame: Yeah and TLOU, I can understand cause it was a high demanding game to be on PS4 and nobody ask for God of War 3 Remastered from the gek-go and this is plain robbery rip-off.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

I understand getting remasters of old games like 2 generations old... But these "remasters" from PS3/360 games are a joke, who the f*** buys a new console and goes "you know what I want?... That game I had from last generations with a slightly higher resolution".

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#36 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Gearbox are pathetic and you should not encourage them.