NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 372 Posts

The problem with a lot of modern games is the push for realism. Who said games have to be real or mimic reality. I don't want my games to be perfect I want glitches, slowdown, etc. The reason games like Jumping Flash, XtremeG, and burnout are fun is because they don't adhere to reality. Games like Days Gone, TLOU, RDR are focusing so much efferot on realism while neglecting fun gameplay mechanics. That's not to say that all games that shoot for realism are not fun. Games like RE2, GT Sport, Forza are fun games but they have to be done correctly.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 9970 Posts

I always enjoyed mucking about causing chaos in RDR 1. Played RDR 2 at a friends house and felt the game kept getting in the way of me having fun. I dunno. I'll get it eventually, just not at $60.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 2685 Posts

i agree with the first two. but like what everyone says, its aiming for realism and i adjusted to it. i thought GOW and botw are the best game but after playing rdr2 i can easily say it is the best game this gen. i just cant stop playing it it has so much content in it.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 16441 Posts

I heavily disagree ... There is nothing wrong with games aiming at realism ... specially for a story driven open world game set in the wild west. Honestly if you feel realism is getting in the way, there are plenty of other games that would definitely appeal to you, like Sekiro or RE2 ...

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1145 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

No room for creativity in the missions

Mission design is like what games like Assassin's Creed used to be back in 2012. You do what R* wants you to do at every turn, or you get punished by "desynchronization".

I agree on this.