Why I might only be gaming on the Wii U this gen (Death of a gamer....?)

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

Many of you thin that the PS4 and new xbox will blow the Wii u out the water technology wise, and I really don't see it. I don't see a major graphics jump that we saw from the PS1 to XBOX, or even the PS2 to XBOX 360 (HD Era). Even if the Wii U was not released, does anyone see the PS4/XBOX being much better than the PS3/XBOX360?

There will definately be an improvement but I don't believe it with be it will improve that much. I do see both Microsoft and Sony being a little more tough on online user keys, maybe blocking used sales, etc.

Also I do not have the time to play every single game that comes out. That's not to excuse the Wii U for whatever lack of multiplatform games they will not receive, but I have/had such a backlog on my old XBOX, XBOX 360, and PS3 (bc of PS Plus) I often find myself buying games on sale, and I never get a chance to play them, bc for the most part a lot of games have good ideas behind it, but they mostly are all the same.

Although I really enjoyed Spec Ops The Line (Apocalypse Now is my favorite movie), I ask myself did I really need to play this game. This is really is Gears of War in a different setting, and to that effect, its Mass Effect 3 in a different setting, Uncharted in a different setting, etc. Even all the Uncharted games, some of the best games released on PS3, was ok. While playing it, I felt it was one of the best games ever made, but now I look back on all three games which I beat I find them all forgettable.

The only games that stand out from this gen was the original Mass Effect, Deus Ex, Bioshock, and Heavy Rain.

Bottom line, I feel that the new XBOX and PS4 will be just like the PS3 and XBOX 360 except with more power and graphics. I think games have reached an state where graphics can plateau and maybe the new systems will innovate instead of evolve into a better PS3/XBOX 360...

I also think I might not like videogames as much as I used to, but playing Nintendo games does have a fun factor. I find that when I play games like Assassin's Creed 3, I get about 2-3 hours in and I literally ask myself, "what am i doing?' and I turn off the game.

Does anyone else get like this?

#2 Posted by finalstar2007 (27905 posts) -

Have fun :)

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (36675 posts) -
Didn't read that blog
#4 Posted by Fear- (499 posts) -
Not reading that.
#5 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -
TL;DR
#6 Posted by MonsieurX (36675 posts) -
Not reading that.Fear-
Shouldn't read your threads too
#7 Posted by Chris_Williams (14882 posts) -

so what are you going to play this year?

#8 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

so what are you going to play this year?

Chris_Williams
lol I have no idea to be honest. Maybe not play games as much? But every "major" release I could never bring myself to finish it. So what's the point of buying the game if I don't beat it
#9 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8541 posts) -

The only games that stand out from this gen was the original Mass Effect, Deus Ex, Bioshock, and Heavy Rain.

illmatic8582

O_O

#10 Posted by clyde46 (49048 posts) -
#11 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

Ly_the_Fairy

O_O

They stand out to me personally, I mean that I can look back on in a few years and they will be memorable, that's for me personally. I'm sure other people have different games
#12 Posted by fadersdream (3154 posts) -

Sounds like you have gamer fatigue. Don't think WiiU will reverse it, but if you're interested in going out gracefully then it may suit you.

Personally I think WiiU is an asterisk of a system at best, and will make it so many people get boxed out of a lot of games. It fills a need no one had, and is a confusing addition.

But, whatever makes you happy.

#13 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

Sounds like you have gamer fatigue. Don't think WiiU will reverse it, but if you're interested in going out gracefully then it may suit you.

Personally I think WiiU is an asterisk of a system at best, and will make it so many people get boxed out of a lot of games. It fills a need no one had, and is a confusing addition.

But, whatever makes you happy.

fadersdream
Not sure if it will bc it's pretty much new and we all know Nintendo doesn't announce new games until they are almost complete. Which annoys me to no end because you never know what games to look forward to really.
#14 Posted by GarGx1 (9150 posts) -

Most people get burn out now and again. I know I've gone through periods where no games really interest me, regardless of how good or popular they are but something always comes along that rekindles my enthusiasm.

#15 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

Most people get burn out now and again. I know I've gone through periods where no games really interest me, regardless of how good or popular they are but something always comes along that rekindles my enthusiasm.

GarGx1
That's pretty much how I felt after beating ZombiU, so maybe some time away is what I might need I guess until something has my interest
Avatar image for fernandmondego_
#16 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -
LOL WiiU for the gamer that isn't interested in games.
#17 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

But do you all really believe the XBOX/PS4 will be much better graphically than the Wii U. I just don't see it. I would love to be proven wrong and have my mind blown by any of the 2 systems, but I really don't see it being more than PS3/XBOX 360 with more graphics...

#18 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -
LOL WiiU for the gamer that isn't interested in games.fernandmondego_
Lol it took long enough for someone to come out saying that lol. Glad u at least read the title..
#19 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8541 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

illmatic8582

O_O

They stand out to me personally, I mean that I can look back on in a few years and they will be memorable, that's for me personally. I'm sure other people have different games

It's not your list of games that bother me, but just the fact that there are only four of them.

Maybe you just don't like gaming?

#20 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

O_O

Ly_the_Fairy

It's not your list of games that bother me, but just the fact that there are only four of them.

Maybe you just don't like gaming?

There are a lot of games that I liked this gen, but there are usually just a handful I'll always remember for one reason or another. Like I could never forget playing GTA 3 for the first time (reason I bought a PS2 even though I had an XBOX) Playing Golden Eye multiplayer in H.S., beating Super Metroid as a kid, etc. Not to say those are the ony games I enjoyed
#21 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

why are you blogging on a forum?

#22 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

why are you blogging on a forum?

Gue1
how am i blogging?
#23 Posted by Jankarcop (11056 posts) -

WiiU is for nongamers.

#24 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8465 posts) -
Look on the bright side. You'll save a ton of money not buying any games.
#25 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

WiiU is for nongamers.

Jankarcop
foolish, baseless comment, adds nothing
#26 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -
Look on the bright side. You'll save a ton of money not buying any games. MFDOOM1983
very true
#27 Posted by Randoggy (3283 posts) -

GarGx1
2012 was like that for me. That is until Dishonored came out.
#28 Posted by Heil68 (57687 posts) -
I would quit gaming if the Wiiu was my only option and thank god it's not and I'm even more thankful I wont be buying it at all.
#29 Posted by jg4xchamp (61445 posts) -

Shouldn't you wait to see what the Xbox 3 and PS4 have to offer before you make this assumption?

#30 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -
I would quit gaming if the Wiiu was my only option and thank god it's not and I'm even more thankful I wont be buying it at all. Heil68
It isn't my only option, I can get the other systems.
#31 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

Shouldn't you wait to see what the Xbox 3 and PS4 have to offer before you make this assumption?

jg4xchamp
Yes I should, and I am hoping either of them release something that is truly innovating, not just better graphics and sounds. It just seems like that's all people want.
#32 Posted by Videodogg (12611 posts) -

I did not read all of that either, but i agree, Wii U will be providing for my primary gaming needs, with my PC and PS3 backing me up. I have no intention of moving into the Next Box at all. Maybe PS4 way down the road.

#33 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

I did not read all of that either, but i agree, Wii U will be providing for my primary gaming needs, with my PC and PS3 backing me up. I have no intention of moving into the Next Box at all. Maybe PS4 way down the road.

Videodogg
Why do you only plan on gaming on the Wii U?
#34 Posted by 2Chalupas (6556 posts) -
Actually this makes perfect sense. Since you hate gaming, just stick with the system that will have no games. Sounds like you are a problem solver.
#35 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Blog it.

TL;DR.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#36 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

Who the hell actually read this?

#37 Posted by UCF_Knight (6863 posts) -
I got burned out a while back. Now that I finally built a PC though, I'm more excited about gaming than I have been in a really long time.
#38 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -
I got burned out a while back. Now that I finally built a PC though, I'm more excited about gaming than I have been in a really long time.UCF_Knight
I actually thought about PC only, waiting to hear more from the Steambox
#39 Posted by loosingENDS (11793 posts) -

Many of you thin that the PS4 and new xbox will blow the Wii u out the water technology wise, and I really don't see it. I don't see a major graphics jump that we saw from the PS1 to XBOX, or even the PS2 to XBOX 360 (HD Era). Even if the Wii U was not released, does anyone see the PS4/XBOX being much better than the PS3/XBOX360?

There will definately be an improvement but I don't believe it with be it will improve that much. I do see both Microsoft and Sony being a little more tough on online user keys, maybe blocking used sales, etc.

Also I do not have the time to play every single game that comes out. That's not to excuse the Wii U for whatever lack of multiplatform games they will not receive, but I have/had such a backlog on my old XBOX, XBOX 360, and PS3 (bc of PS Plus) I often find myself buying games on sale, and I never get a chance to play them, bc for the most part a lot of games have good ideas behind it, but they mostly are all the same.

Although I really enjoyed Spec Ops The Line (Apocalypse Now is my favorite movie), I ask myself did I really need to play this game. This is really is Gears of War in a different setting, and to that effect, its Mass Effect 3 in a different setting, Uncharted in a different setting, etc. Even all the Uncharted games, some of the best games released on PS3, was ok. While playing it, I felt it was one of the best games ever made, but now I look back on all three games which I beat I find them all forgettable.

Bottom line, I feel that the new XBOX and PS4 will be just like the PS3 and XBOX 360 except with more power and graphics. I think games have reached an state where graphics can plateau and maybe the new systems will innovate instead of evolve into a better PS3/XBOX 360...

I also think I might not like videogames as much as I used to, but playing Nintendo games does have a fun factor. I find that when I play games like Assassin's Creed 3, I get about 2-3 hours in and I literally ask myself, "what am i doing?' and I turn off the game.

illmatic8582

You dont see a jump because you are looking at the joke equivalent to 7 years old hardware of WiiU

Obviously if i take a crappy low end system with a 20$ GPU i wont see a difference either, in fact xbolx 360 would be faster, like all games today look best on 360 and not on WiiU

WiiU is below weak, it is terrible and does not even rival the 7 years old xbox 360, at alll

So, how can you see a jump in graphics from hardware that is weaker than xbox 360 ?

That is the reason everyone is anxiously anticipating the true next gen systems and games

#40 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

loosingENDS

You dont see a jump because you are looking at the joke equivalent to 7 years old hardware of WiiU

Obviously if i take a crappy low end system with a 20$ GPU i wont see a difference either, in fact xbolx 360 would be faster, like all games today look best on 360 and not on WiiU

WiiU is below weak, it is terrible and does not even rival the 7 years old xbox 360, at alll

So, how can you see a jump in hardware that is weaker than xbox 360 ?

All this info is speculative but your present it like they are facts
#41 Posted by loosingENDS (11793 posts) -

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

illmatic8582

All multipltform games so far look best on xbox 360 and worst on WiiU

So, no matter the specs (which we have no idea what they are really), WiiU seems extremely weak so far

#42 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

So, no matter the specs (which we have no idea what they are really), WiiU seems extremely weak so far

It's a system launch devs don't really have a grasp on the hardware yet, that's common sense...
#43 Posted by loosingENDS (11793 posts) -

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"] All this info is speculative but your present it like they are factsillmatic8582

It's a system launch devs don't really have a grasp on the hardware yet, that's common sense...

You mean if xbox 360 did not produce graphics as good as xbox 1 at launch would be common sense ????

#44 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

loosingENDS

You mean if xbox 360 did not produce graphics as good as xbox 1 at launch would be common sense ????

what? lol
#45 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

illmatic8582

What you think is irrelevant to the actual FACTS.

#46 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"]

percuvius2

What you think is irrelevant to the actual FACTS.

And what are the facts, bc you sound like you have them
#47 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Death of a gamer, birth of a drama queen.
#48 Posted by illmatic8582 (674 posts) -
Death of a gamer, birth of a drama queen.kuraimen
ur avatar suits you
#49 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
[QUOTE="kuraimen"]Death of a gamer, birth of a drama queen.illmatic8582
ur avatar suits you

I love when you talk like that
#50 Posted by el3m2tigre (4232 posts) -

Wasdie should lock this thread.