Why get the Inferior PS5 when Sony has no exclusives or very few left???

• 87 results
Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3414 Posts

0/10

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3414 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever: what kind of difference are you guys expecting from these consoles? It's obvious you guys are trolling from getting your rear ends handed to you all generation. You guys act like it's going to be some night and day difference. So place your bets, what are you realistically expecting from with dimenishing returns with two consoles in the same ballpark.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44943 Posts

If you care just about having the better hardware, get a PC. That way you can talk about how much teraflops you have all day while most people will just play the games they enjoy on their respective systems.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#54 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

If the game’s look close to the unreal 5 demo then no one is going to complain. I will probably get a PS5 in the future but not until there are plenty of first party games available to play. That’s all I will be using the PS5 for.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#55 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

@Zero_epyon: my reason is that sometimes I just want to chill and play games on my tv. I play mostly shooters on my PC for the faster frame rates and higher refresh rates. I’ll play action games, platformers, fighting games, etc on my tv. Plus I will have gamepass where I’ll try many different games.

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

Admittedly Sony has been leaking exclusives for quite a long time, though the Xbox is also rapidly leaking exclusives as well, so yeah.

However, for me the question is more like: "Why invest in next gen hardware with the micro-transactions for the current gen are often so bad?"

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever said:

Fact check!

PS5 is inferior to XSX and all 3rd party games will look and run better on the XSX and will be getting DF victories left n right on the XSX

Sony in all actuality has very few exclusives left as most are going to PC especially their big guns like Horizon Zero Dawn and others and the trend seems to be going in that direction.

It would seem the exclusive argument for Sony PlayStation is dwindling fast.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/analyst-explains-ps4-exclusives-pc-horizon-zero-dawn/

https://www.pcgamer.com/bloodborne-and-sony-exclusives-on-my-pc-its-more-likely-than-youd-think/

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/10/21173240/horizon-zero-dawn-pc-sony-playstation-ps4-exclusive-game-release

Just get a PC and XSX if you want to best graphics and performance and all the best games and exclusives even Sony games.

So you're hiding behind the PC? I thought that was a Sony fanboy play.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7060 Posts

@WESTBLADE said:

@Pedro: Remeber the awesome UE4 tech demo? Looks like utter shit right now...😏

yes the difference is this one is playable instead of a tech video. thats why people are impressed. if it was a video showing cutscenes it would of never got the attention it got.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#59 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4195 Posts

@fedor said:

Sounds like all you need next gen is a decent PC and a Switch.

Or, you know, whatever outlet to play games that suits your needs...

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13636 Posts

Why would someone get an Xbox if they have a PC? :-S

I just use my Steam Link to play PC games on my TV.

Note to anyone that uses a Steam Link, turn off Dynamic resolution in the Steam options. Latency drops dramatically. Mine went from over 60ms to dynamically under 20ms (13ms - 18ms).

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts

The **** would you need an Xbox for when you have a PC?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#62 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69089 Posts

@Litchie said:

To play games?

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11120 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever: No chance. the XSX is 15% more powerful. It won't run 2.2x the resolution and 2 x the framerate.

Not even PS5 Pro will do that. 4K/30 or 1440p/60.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Sony and Microsoft both suck for exclusives, which is why I'm going with PC and Nintendo going forward. Sony stopped being cool after they shifted their focus so much to western studios.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@fedor said:

Sounds like all you need next gen is a decent PC and a Switch.

Or, you know, whatever outlet to play games that suits your needs...

Nope, you must abide by my post. PC and Switch, that is all you can have or need.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

PS5 will have tons of exclusives. Games we know that are coming: sequels to Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man 2, God of War. Games that are rumored: Uncharted 5, Killzone reboot, SOCOM reboot, Resistance 4, Motorstorm, Demons Souls remake

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#67  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

People who think there will be a big difference between PS5 and XSX games will have such a disappointnent lol

The gap between those consoles is smaller than the gap between PS4 and Xbox One, and even in those, games only had resolution diffences. On the top of that, we know that PS5 also have some advantages, and we have no idea how they will translate to practive. Finally, i believe most devs will not even have time and budget to come close to the limits of these new platforms....at least not in the first few years. Current gen games still look great, so they probably won't even need to use all available resources.

I bet no one here will be able to tell the differences between PS5 and XSX games without the help of digital foundry similar ones.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@PAL360: Besides the SSD, what other advantages does PS5 have over XSX?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#69  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@fedor: SSD and unified memory, at least these are the ones i'm aware of.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Very few...>>> None!!! /fixed.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Litchie

@Pedro said:
@Litchie said:

To play games?

PC already plays games. The same games. But better. Why get a PS4 when you already have a PS4 Pro? To play games?

You already knew exactly what I meant, though.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#73 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
@Pedro said:

I don't think folks would be complaining with graphics like this.😎

Loading Video...

it's not 60 fps

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6844 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

Not much substance to your claim. One Sony exclusive is coming to PC, yes. How you go from there to “the exclusive argument quickly dwindling” is anyone’s guess.

This is something I don't understand. Mind you, Horizon came out years ago -- it's not like they're launching exclusives same day on PC.

I wouldn't get the Series X for that very flawed-reason. I like the platform with the better value for me, PlayStation.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Pedro

@Litchie said:

PC already plays games. The same games. But better. Why get a PS4 when you already have a PS4 Pro? To play games?

You falsely believe that someone who owns a PC wouldn't purchase or play games on Xbox One. I am simply correcting your assertion.😎

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Pedro:

Why would you run a game on Xbox,when you have a capable PC to do so and with free online play I may add.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Pedro

@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

Why would you run a game on Xbox,when you have a capable PC to do so and with free online play I may add.

Same reason so many gamers game on consoles because they like gaming on consoles.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10597 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Litchie said:

You falsely believe that someone who owns a PC wouldn't purchase or play games on Xbox One. I am simply correcting your assertion.😎

Owning an active gaming PC and gaming on an x1 is mostly redundant. The only ways that I (looking from outside, in) can see the point of having an active capable gaming PC and gaming on an x1 is:

1. You gaming buddies on xbl.

2. To play Halo 5 (in which if I'm not mistaken, is the last x1 true exclusive).

3. Or to play backwards compatibility titles you missed on the 360 (if you can't emulate them on your PC).

Now if you're talking about an "everyday" PC, then of course. However strictly talking an active capable PC, then I can see how someone would consider playing or even buying an x1 or an x1x "redundant".

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Litchie

@Pedro said:
@Litchie said:

I'm rightly asking why the hell you'd waste your money like that. Makes no sense to me.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Pedro:

May as well say because they do.🤷

You did not answer my question,most people who own a capable PC own a console mostly for games they can't find on PC that was the case with the Xbox 360 last gen,and at the start of this one maybe but now that reason doesn't exist.

Why would I buy an Xbox game when I have a capable PC with free online play that not only play Xbox games but also tons of PC games not found on Xbox.?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Gifford38

no games left ok lol. they will make more games just like every other system. funny how every fan says there is no xbox games on the series x or ps5 because they didn't show us any yet.

the fact is sony just has more game ips to makes sequels people are looking for. xbox has a long way before they can get this.

this gen alone for sony astro bots, dreams, ghost of, horizon zero dawn, uncharted, last of us 2, days gone, death stranded, killzone and more i can't think of.

now the ps3 resistance, mag, warhawk, starhawk, solcom, shadow of colosis,

man there is so many ips sony has they can choose from that other gamers around the world would love.

I WANT A REMAKE OF WARHAWK SONY LOL.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Gifford38

@SecretPolice said:

even as a sony fan i hate when sony fans say this. i can play xbox games on my pc. what is funny doesn't change the fact they want to play the xbox game even if it's on pc ther estill playing there game. even though most of them won't even give a xbox game a chance even if they had pc to play it.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Gifford38
@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

May as well say because they do.🤷

You did not answer my question,most people who own a capable PC own a console mostly for games they can't find on PC that was the case with the Xbox 360 last gen,and at the start of this one maybe but now that reason doesn't exist.

Why would I buy an Xbox game when I have a capable PC with free online play that not only play Xbox games but also tons of PC games not found on Xbox.?

microsoft still wins here. even if you can play xbox games on a pc doesn't change that fact that you wanted to play a xbox game. Im a sony fan and i hate when fans say this. great that is Microsoft intention is to get you to play on a pc instead. because there still making money off of those people.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

@gifford38:

Yes, what's getting lost and likely on purpose is that next gen unlike previous gens, it really doesn't matter if XseX flops in sales compared to PS5. What matters to MS now is how well their software sells on PC's, Xbox, mobiles, combined.

The software sales is where the monies at and a good reason why MS was wise making the move to release games on PC's and all platforms that will have them. ;)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Pedro

@tormentos: Because some people prefer to play on consoles. Why are you struggling with that concept?

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#87 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I see zero point getting an xbox of any type when you have a PC. That is not the case for Playstation, or indeed, even switch.