Why get a PS4 Pro when the Xbox One X has better technology inside it?

• 87 results
#51 Edited by VFighter (3400 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: Why did anybody buy the og X1 if all people care about is power? If power was all that matters consoles would have died off around the PS1 era.

It's the exclusives, the controllers, what friends play on, etc that get people to buy the console of their choice, not raw power. What a worthless troll thread.

#52 Posted by Netret0120 (3511 posts) -

@jtothamtothap said:

Exclusives

This. I laughed hard at the title:P We buy consoles to play GAMES. PS4 has more games, and has more exclusives and has more support. This is basic stuff that clearly went over the head of the TC

#53 Posted by darkangel115 (4449 posts) -

@Nonstop-Madness said:

- $100 is a good chunk of money for a lot of folks

gaming is a hobby, hobbies are expensive. gaming is one of the cheapest hobbies out there believe it or not. 100 dollars is very little to throw into a hobby, especially for something that you plan to use 4-8 years long

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
#54 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9893 posts) -
@darkangel115 said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

gaming is a hobby, hobbies are expensive. gaming is one of the cheapest hobbies out there believe it or not. 100 dollars is very little to throw into a hobby, especially for something that you plan to use 4-8 years long

While I agree with you, a lot of people out there aren't willing to fork out that much money; there's a reason why consoles do really well when they get into the sub $300 range.

#55 Posted by ProtossRushX (4231 posts) -

Pro owners seem shook in this thread you guys are shook just stop defending the PRO the x has better tech pc gamer wouldn't buy a worse piece of tech just cause its cheaper they go with the best part for the money

#56 Posted by Valgaav_219 (1603 posts) -

@metalboi said:

The games, stupid.

^^^^^

#57 Posted by scatteh316 (8769 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:

Pro owners seem shook in this thread you guys are shook just stop defending the PRO the x has better tech pc gamer wouldn't buy a worse piece of tech just cause its cheaper they go with the best part for the money

It doesn't have better tech....

#58 Posted by phbz (2889 posts) -

Because you just have a thousand or so games on the Xbox and that's clearly not enough for us elite players, plus we all have top PCs to play Xbox games - we don't play those games because we hate them but anyway we have the monster PCs as a proof of concept anyway. In fact until recently we hated PC too... Well it's complicated.

#59 Edited by ni6htmare01 (3186 posts) -

That is why Xbox one was totally point less for the last 3- 4 years since PS4 had a better tech right OP??

#60 Posted by xxyetixx (2994 posts) -

@scatteh316: no there is not a noticable difference between Xbox One games and PS4 games that run on both systems. I've played plenty of games on both systems and seeing the games on PS4 didn't make me feel like I was missing anything and looked identical while playing.

#61 Posted by Black96Z (719 posts) -

@xxyetixx: there is a difference. But unless you have them side by side you might not notice the difference. But the frame drops are more noticable. I have been playing Lego Staw Wars this week and my fat xbone had problems keeping up with that game.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
#62 Edited by APiranhaAteMyVa (3981 posts) -

If you aspire to be a professional gamer, only one console on the market gives you the tools necessary.

That platform of course is the PlayStation 4 Pro, the worlds only and most successful professional console.

#63 Posted by Black96Z (719 posts) -

@APiranhaAteMyVa: What makes the PS4 Pro "Professional?"

#64 Posted by JustPlainLucas (78294 posts) -

Well, the PS4's library is so much more attractive to me than the XIX. It's not all about power, you know. Hell, I'll be buying Doom for the first time on the Switch...

#65 Posted by I_P_Daily (7636 posts) -

Well, well, well, hasn't the OP trolled you lot.

You'd think people would be wise to the OP shit bait threads but nope lol.

#66 Posted by GameboyTroy (8987 posts) -

The PS4 Pro has more exclusives. The Xbox One X doesn't have that many 1st party games to talk about this year. Also, MS released a new ad for it.

Loading Video...

#67 Posted by N64DD (10060 posts) -

@raugutcon said:

TC is getting real close to the title of shitposter of the year.

I dunno. He has a lot of catching up to do with me.

#68 Posted by sukraj (27706 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Other than the 2-3 solid Sony exclusives a year, there really isnt a reason if you got a OG ps4

Multiplats are still king, i cant wait to play RDR 2 in 4k

yeah man cant wait 60 inch 4k OLED TV > some crappy 1440p 144hrtz monitor

one is good one is some guy saying its good

Playing a 4K game on a OLED TV is sweet

#69 Edited by BassMan (8502 posts) -

@sukraj said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Other than the 2-3 solid Sony exclusives a year, there really isnt a reason if you got a OG ps4

Multiplats are still king, i cant wait to play RDR 2 in 4k

yeah man cant wait 60 inch 4k OLED TV > some crappy 1440p 144hrtz monitor

one is good one is some guy saying its good

Playing a 4K game on a OLED TV is sweet

Yes, playing on a 4K OLED TV is sweet... and so is playing on a 1440p 144hz monitor. I have my PC hooked up to both. :P

#70 Posted by AtariKidX (7042 posts) -

I don't care for the better technology inside it........i care more for the better games the PS4 have.

So......Why get a Xbox One X when the PS4 Pro has the best games............??

#71 Posted by lexxluger (599 posts) -

TC can you (or any xbox fan for that matter) name just 3 of your next highest anticipated and high profile xbox exclusives officially announced to come out with in the next year or beyond?

#72 Posted by l0ve (3178 posts) -

Honestly if it wasn't for Halo MCC and Sunset Overdrive the xbox one I have would be in the trash. Almost every other xbox "exclusive" I can play on PC (Forza horizon 3, Cuphead, Gears 4, Recore, every future xbox game, etc). PS4 has significantly more and arguably better exclusive games like God of War, The Last Guardian, Uncharted series, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, Days Gone, The Order 1886, The Last of Us, Shadow of the Colossus, etc. If you're buying an xbox one x you're making a huge mistake imo.

#73 Edited by DaVillain- (30105 posts) -

@lexxluger said:

TC can you (or any xbox fan for that matter) name just 3 of your next highest anticipated and high profile xbox exclusives officially announced to come out with in the next year or beyond?

Honestly, the only 2 (not really 3) Xbox One games I'm looking forward to is Lucky's Tail this November and next year is just Crackdown 3 for the most parts. I guess the 3rd Xbox One game would be Halo 6 but even then, who knows when that game will be release. And I'm buying all 3 on PC.

#74 Posted by lexxluger (599 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@lexxluger said:

Honestly, the only 2 (not really 3) Xbox One games I'm looking forward to is Lucky's Tail this November and next year is just Crackdown 3 for the most parts. I guess the 3rd Xbox One game would be Halo 6 but even then, who knows when that game will be release. And I'm buying all 3 on PC.

The sad thing is you've almost covered all the announced games on xbox one that have actually been confirmed. Throw in Sea of Thieves and I'd be at a loss to name any other high profile exclusive for xbox one....and both Sea of Thieves and Crackdown were both supposed to be 2017 release games, that were also supposed to be 2016 release games...NOW set to release "sometime" in 2018!

The high profile xbox one line up that xbox fans have been waiting for has been waiting for has basically been the same for the last 3 years because MS isn't willing to state the fact that they aren't trying to invest in more money into high profile exclusives anymore.

#75 Edited by Black96Z (719 posts) -

@lexxluger: XBO - Super Lucky's Tale. Ori and the Will of the Wisp. Deep Rock Galactic looks interesting. And even tho it hasnt been announced yet, Halo 6.

Ps4 - TLOU 2. Spiderman. God of War.

Otherwise it is mostly multi plats.

#76 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (3207 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: Dumb question everybody already knows the answer to.

/thread

#77 Edited by Tigerbalm (980 posts) -

That like saying why get a XboneX with PC having the better everything. Oh, neither console will do naive 4k that often both with play checkers as the norm.

#78 Posted by TuMekeNZ (141 posts) -

Made this decision a few weeks back and cancelled my 1X SE and picked up a Pro... Why? Games and needs.

I have a 1S so can still play all the Xbox exclusives (I’m a massive Gears fan) but if I was in the market for a new Xbox then I’d get a 1X.

Looked at the PS games past and future and it made picking up a Pro a no brainer. Horizon alone has made it worth it so far.

If all that makes a system for you is being able to brag about having the better specs then 1X is definitely the system for you at this point in time. Give me good games on whatever system can play them.

Unless a game is running in a way that makes it less fun, having a few more bells and whistles doesn’t bother me. If it did I wouldn’t have been a console gamer for the last 30+ years.

#79 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (29703 posts) -

Cause the PS4 has games that are exclusive only to that platform.

No real reason for me to get an Xbox One just yet if everything on that platform can be played on a PS4.

#80 Edited by Celsius765 (2258 posts) -

Preference for japanese games. Though I do see Xbox gaining a tiny bit of *** support if it ever grows to a normal level I could seem myself picking up. I mean not the small stuff. Big stuff like Kingdom Hearts, tales games, monster hunter, and Dragon Quest. If it got those regularly I'd be down for some xbox

#81 Posted by Willy105 (24749 posts) -

You use the one where your friends are.

#82 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (3755 posts) -

I have not saw one xbox 1 x review but on paper it owns most pc's. If it truly has 1070 performance at 500 then it's a great deal.

#83 Posted by Vaidream45 (1003 posts) -

Because...the games dude. I could understand if u were saying “why get a pspro or xb1x when you could get a pc” but not this. Unless Xbox someday partners up with Steam for some games there isn’t much incentive to buy an xbox. I personally go with pc and nintendo for all of my gaming pleasures.

#84 Edited by darkangel115 (4449 posts) -

@Nonstop-Madness said:
@darkangel115 said:
@Nonstop-Madness said:

While I agree with you, a lot of people out there aren't willing to fork out that much money; there's a reason why consoles do really well when they get into the sub $300 range.

I know, i'm just saying i don't get taking on a hobby if you can't financially support it. Hobbies should come from disposable income. It sholdn't be something you save up for, unless your a teen mowing lawns or something. If your an adult and 100 dollars is that big of a deal to you, you should probably worry more about your finances and future then you should gaming as a hobby

#85 Edited by samfisher56 (740 posts) -

@l0ve said:

Honestly if it wasn't for Halo MCC and Sunset Overdrive the xbox one I have would be in the trash. Almost every other xbox "exclusive" I can play on PC (Forza horizon 3, Cuphead, Gears 4, Recore, every future xbox game, etc). PS4 has significantly more and arguably better exclusive games like God of War, The Last Guardian, Uncharted series, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, Days Gone, The Order 1886, The Last of Us, Shadow of the Colossus, etc. If you're buying an xbox one x you're making a huge mistake imo.

this. even if the x was offered to me for free i wont get it because i cbf to find space for it.

#86 Posted by brimmul777 (3663 posts) -

I love my X1,but to be honest I won't be purchasing a X1X simply because I won't be getting a 4K t.v.I have decided to buy a PS4 Pro when I get my 4% from work.Hopefully I won't regret it,Don't think I will anyway.

#87 Edited by magmadragoonx4 (617 posts) -

I bought a ps4 pro last year because it was released. It is much better than the X in that way at this point.