why fight about graphics

This topic is locked from further discussion.

razorMDshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 razorMDshooter
Member since 2008 • 549 Posts

why are all the cows and lemms aruging for which console has more power- when all they care about is gameplay.hmmm seems they need to work on their priorities. my 500 dollar comp can wipe out their pitty consoles

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Such is the way of System Wars and such tradition precedes you. Shatap!

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

37509201.jpg

That's all I got

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

why are all the cows and lemms aruging for which console has more power- when all they care about is gameplay.hmmm seems they need to work on their priorities. my 500 dollar comp can wipe out their pitty consoles

razorMDshooter

Console gamers tend to be extremely inconsistent. One minute they tell us 'it's all about the gameplay', the next they are arguing about minor graphical differences between their exclusives.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

razorMDshooter

Lol

AndersK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AndersK
Member since 2005 • 396 Posts

Thats how its always been, since 3D games really became the norm in the mid 90s, starting with the PlayStation. The problem with PC gaming these days, is that you can't even take advantage of your high end rig, except in very few games, such as modded crysis, which is god knows how old by now. All it usually means is having a higher framerate. Games dont really look that much better, even tho the system might be actually 10x as powerful. Shame really, such wasted potential.

As long as developers don't develop games with high end rigs in mind ( And why should they, no $$$ in that ), all that high end hardware is actually wasted.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

[QUOTE="razorMDshooter"]

kalipekona

Console gamers tend to be extremely inconsistent. One minute they tell us 'it's all about the gameplay', the next they are arguing about minor graphical differences between their exclusives.

WELL its ok to compare consoles..isnt it? I mean..PC should compare to MAC,not console. I dont think PC should even be allowed in system wars or debates with consoles,never have agreed with it. I do think consoles keep up quite well with PC graphics however. I like old games from ms pacman "arcade" to super mario "nes" all the way to SplinterCell "xbox" and Zelda to Halo,LBP ect..I play all games..AND sure some look great enough to brag about and bring attention to. BUT I play mostly for fun factor.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
Welcome to gaming forums.
tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6002 Posts
Because its the ONLY thing PS4 wins on and before you say price the Xbox One has better value.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Because its the ONLY thing PS4 wins on and before you say price the Xbox One has better value.tdkmillsy
Xbone has less value.
muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

razorMDshooter

Please tell us how you are beating a PS4 hardware with only $500 and please explain how in 6-7 years it will still run everything also release on a PS4.

HiraiKazuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 HiraiKazuo
Member since 2013 • 283 Posts

razorMDshooter
Nones arguing about which one has more power. the PlayStaion 4 factualy is better than the Xbox One in all aspects related to hardware. Power,Speed, Size, etc.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Welcome to gaming forums. khoofia_pika

Comparing one rock texture to another while zooming pics up to 2000% sure is riveting stuff!

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

[QUOTE="kalipekona"]

[QUOTE="razorMDshooter"]

VanDammFan

WELL its ok to compare consoles..isnt it? I mean..PC should compare to MAC,not console. I dont think PC should even be allowed in system wars or debates with consoles,never have agreed with it. I do think consoles keep up quite well with PC graphics however. I like old games from ms pacman "arcade" to super mario "nes" all the way to SplinterCell "xbox" and Zelda to Halo,LBP ect..I play all games..AND sure some look great enough to brag about and bring attention to. BUT I play mostly for fun factor.

MACs are PCs.

System wars not console wars.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

In SW, graphics stop mattering when your system of worship starts being blatantly outpaced by competition.  Afterwards, it's all about gameplay instead.

CoD gameplay, to be exact.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Graphics are lame.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DJ-Lafleur

Graphics are lame.

Michael0134567

I wish we could go back to having only atari graphics where we played with a few shapes and colors.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Graphics are lame.

DJ-Lafleur

I wish we could go back to having only atari graphics where we played with a few shapes and colors.

I miss those days. Good times...
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DJ-Lafleur

[QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Graphics are lame.

Michael0134567

Back in those days it was all about the IMAGINATON.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="DJ-Lafleur"]

DJ-Lafleur

Back in those days it was all about the IMAGINATON.

Much better than these modern games, like Gears of War 3.
TheRatedD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheRatedD
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts

[QUOTE="razorMDshooter"]

kalipekona

I THINK YOU'RE JUST THINKING ABOUT NINTENDO FANS. THEY KEPT TALKING ABOUT HOW THE WII-Underpowered WAS GONNA BE SO POWERFUL, THEN THEY SAW IT WASNT, THEY WENT BACK TO THE WII MINDSET OF "GAMEPLAY IS WHAT MATTERS"
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DJ-Lafleur

[QUOTE="kalipekona"]

[QUOTE="razorMDshooter"]

TheRatedD

I THINK YOU'RE JUST THINKING ABOUT NINTENDO FANS. THEY KEPT TALKING ABOUT HOW THE WII-Underpowered WAS GONNA BE SO POWERFUL, THEN THEY SAW IT WASNT, THEY WENT BACK TO THE WII MINDSET OF "GAMEPLAY IS WHAT MATTERS"

INDEED. SOME PEOPLE CAN JUST BE VERY HYPOCRITICAL.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kalipekona

Thats how its always been, since 3D games really became the norm in the mid 90s, starting with the PlayStation. The problem with PC gaming these days, is that you can't even take advantage of your high end rig, except in very few games, such as modded crysis, which is god knows how old by now. All it usually means is having a higher framerate. Games dont really look that much better, even tho the system might be actually 10x as powerful. Shame really, such wasted potential.

As long as developers don't develop games with high end rigs in mind ( And why should they, no $$$ in that ), all that high end hardware is actually wasted.

AndersK

This is a popular falacy. 

In fact, games do look much better on PC. Games like Assassin's Creed 3, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, Alan Wake, Far Cry 3, Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Riader look significantly better on the PC than on the consoles. Things like better quality lighting, higher resolution shadows and better filtered shadows, higher resolution textures, higher precision post process effects, far superior anti-aliasing and texture filtering, tesselation, and, yes, silky smooth 60fps add up to far better looking games. Some of those games look basically a half generation ahead in the core graphical elements and 2 generations ahead in terms of visual fidelity and performance.

Even the poorest straight console ports, like Darksiders 2 or Dark Souls, still look much better on the PC due to higher display resolutions, better texture filtering, better anti-aliasing, and much higher and more stable framerates.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

razorMDshooter
ur 500 dollars wont be able to touch the ps4, but ur 500 dollar pc can beat out the weak 1.1 teraflop Xbox one
BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

everyone cares about graphics, people just priortize them differently.

my pc would easily outperform my 360 graphically, but i still buy multiplats for my 360 because my friends play on 360 and i prefer the ease of use and voice chat/controller standard of consolss. Just because someone doesnt prioritize graphics very highly doesnt mean they dont care about graphics.

since hermits love graphics does that mean they dont care about gameplay?

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kalipekona

[QUOTE="kalipekona"]

[QUOTE="razorMDshooter"]

TheRatedD

Nope Im mostly talking about Playstation and Xbox gamers. 

In the PS2 and Xbox era, Playstation gamers always talked about how graphcis didn't matter and it was all about the gameplay. Xbox gamers championed the power of their Xbox, unless of course PC was brought into the conversation, in which case they also fell back on the whole "it's all about the gameplay, man".

In the PS3 and Xbox 360 generation the flip flopping got even worse. When talking about multiplats PS3 fanboys fell back on the "gameplay" meme, while 360 fanboys cheered their superior multiplat graphics. But when talking about exclusives Playstation fanboyss almost made you believe that graphics were all that mattered, while 360 fanboys predictably fell back on the whole "a good game is a good game. It's not about the graphics". And when the PC entered the conversation both camps pretended that "it's all about the gameplay, graphics don't matter".

The hypocrisy, inconsistency and moving of goalposts among console gamers is really ridiculous. PC gamers pretty much consistently stick with the idea that "fantastic graphics and better framerates are nice things to have. They aren't the only things that define our platform, but they are a very nice benefit nonetheless."

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kalipekona

my pc would easily outperform my 360 graphically, but i still buy multiplats for my 360 because my friends play on 360 and i prefer the ease of use and voice chat/controller standard of consolss. Just because someone doesnt prioritize graphics very highly doesnt mean they dont care about graphics.

BeardMaster

No, it doesn't. Because great graphics and great gameplay are not mutually exclusive concepts. The idea is to have both. I buy the games I love and I want to enjoy them at their best.

Your last question is like saying that if you prefer to buy your movies on Blu-ray instead of VHS that you don't really care about the movies themselves. It makes no sense. In truth, the person that invests in a home theater projecter, nice surround sounds system and a high quality Blu-ray player is probably likely to care more about movies than your average buyer who picks up a few $5 dvds from wal-mart.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

[QUOTE="BeardMaster"]

kalipekona

No, it doesn't. Because great graphics and great gameplay are not mutually exclusive concepts. The idea is to have both. I buy the games I love and I want to enjoy them at their best.

Your last question is like saying that if you prefer to buy your movies on Blu-ray instead of VHS that you don't really care about the movies themselves. It makes no sense. In truth, the person that invests in a home theater projecter, nice surround sounds system and a high quality Blu-ray player is probably likely to care more about movies than your average buyer who picks up a few $5 dvds from wal-mart.

Well said...with sound logic...not that that it matters on these forums :P

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

[QUOTE="BeardMaster"]

kalipekona

dont want to get caught in the bad analogy trap.

simply put there are many factors differentiating console gaming from pc gaming, people buy based on whats important to them. Not prioritizing graphics =/= not caring about graphics.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kalipekona

[QUOTE="kalipekona"]

[QUOTE="BeardMaster"]

naz99

Well said...with sound logic...not that that it matters on these forums :P

Thanks. Yeah, true about these forums. :shock:

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

[QUOTE="VanDammFan"]

[QUOTE="kalipekona"]

kingtito

MACs are PCs.

System wars not console wars.

try telling that to mac users..