"Why Dota Sucks" - A dismemberment of the Dota genre

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts
@Socijalisticka said:
@parkurtommo said:

All of the above = thought drivel

Are you suggesting that "Multiplayer online battle arena" is descriptive enough to distinguish League of Legends from Quake 3: Arena? How so?

It's an identifier, nothing more. Just like 99% of video games in the RPG genre that are hilariously shallow and undeserving compared to a tabletop RPG like Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons.

This in no way explains "Why Dota Sucks" or has anything to do with the gameplay itself. It's merely a weak placeholder for the lack of a substantial argument. Why you would choose to link an incomplete critique is beyond me.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#52  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

The genre is called MOBA, stupid article writer

Also Heroes of the Storm >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LoL and Dota 2

Heroes of the Storm is terrible, lol. I can easily see it being another Diablo 3-tier flop for Blizzard.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Heroes of the Storm is terrible, lol. I can easily see it being another Diablo 3-tier flop for Blizzard.

Heroes of the Storm is going for a more casual approach. It'll have a decent following, perhaps, but it's unlikely it'll reach anywhere near the competitive success of League of Legends or Dota 2.

Then again, they weren't aiming at esports with Hearthstone and somehow that still happened.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Except people actually like the HotS beta and people want it to go to open beta XD

starjet905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By starjet905
Member since 2005 • 2078 Posts

"With one intention in mind: to chastise and purge the dota player, who does not know any better than to frolic in a cesspool, content and unconcerned with finding better forms of entertainment!"

I don't even like MOBAs and will probably never play any of them seriously, but this is hilarious. This guy is basically saying "you should only have fun my way". I think I figured out who doesn't know any better than to frolic in a cesspool, considering the size of the text he's written.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#56 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

For those bringing up MOBA as the name, the author brings up all the names, including MOBA in the prolog so that's a misguided criticism.

The more important criticism is the complete lack of actually bring up any points as of yet. He's upto chapter 2 and still has yet to get to the heart of the argument he's presenting, so at present this article is a lot of hot air with no purpose. Maybe repost it when (and if) he ever gets to the actual point of his argument.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#57 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Opinions opinions

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

@PannicAtack said:

@Socijalisticka said:
@parkurtommo said:

Shitty article, take it with a grain of salt.

I stopped playing DOTA 2 a few months ago, it's a drug. You go through withdrawal, everything. Even with that in mind, I still know... It's a fantastically crafted video game. In every sense of the word. People will get salty because it's such a popular game. That's normal I guess. But completely impulsive and illogical. DOTA 2 is a good game.

Surely, if Dota 2 is such a "fantastically crafted video game", you should have no trouble in tearing through his arguments.

What arguments?

His highly opinionated argument that Dota sucks.

So TC an opinionated piece for a genre that the writer doesnt even know its proper name ( its moba btw ) should be taken seriously ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Who cares if it sucks? It's fun, and that is all that matters.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

You're kind of an asshole, TC.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

All MOBAs and MMOs suck

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Socijalisticka said:
@PannicAtack said:

@Socijalisticka said:
@parkurtommo said:

Shitty article, take it with a grain of salt.

I stopped playing DOTA 2 a few months ago, it's a drug. You go through withdrawal, everything. Even with that in mind, I still know... It's a fantastically crafted video game. In every sense of the word. People will get salty because it's such a popular game. That's normal I guess. But completely impulsive and illogical. DOTA 2 is a good game.

Surely, if Dota 2 is such a "fantastically crafted video game", you should have no trouble in tearing through his arguments.

What arguments?

As we have already mentioned, modifications of the game and the game engine could not be disseminated for use on Battle.net. This meant that most custom maps were standardized around the user interface, control scheme, and game concepts in Warcraft III. Most damningly, the Warcraft III game engine does not provide native access for the “mouselook”34 mechanics now synonymous with first- and third-person action games on personal computers.35 But in addition, the peer-to-peer networking technology used for online play in most RTS games is designed for a game model with a large number of moving parts. Action games with fewer moving parts use a client-side prediction model to minimize the effects of networking latency, and not only could Battle.net not provide this benefit, the service (as designed for Warcraft III) uses a quarter-second hard-coded internet delay. While this was intended to prevent players from gaining a substantial advantage with a better internet connection, it discouraged the adoption of the concepts that are a mainstay in other excellent action games. And while the Warcraft III game engine has hosted concepts ranging from first-person shooters to Diablo-style action games, custom keyboard layouts (and the maps that used them) never caught on because they generate substantial input latency.36

So hopefully, you understand where I am going with this. It didn’t matter what game it was: Warcraft II, StarCraft,Warcraft III. Blizzard mapmakers were influenced by incredible restrictions at every step of the way, and not the kind we typically associate with the design of videogames, where designers attempted to overcome the technical limitations presented by limited hardware. Things that were considered common in other genres were impossible to distribute through Battle.net and impossible to perform in the various Blizzard RTS game engines. The result is that dota is a rarity and oddball within videogames. It is one of only two genres whose rules were foremost defined by software limitations—the limitations of Blizzard game engines and their content creation tools—instead of hardware limitations.37 Every time that Blizzard custom maps made their grand leap, there was simply another set of barriers that got in the way of “building the best game possible”.

The beginning of chapter 2 provides needed historical context. Chapter 1 addresses the barriers placed on critiquing the dota genre (i.e how skilled do you need to be and how much playtime is necessary before you can critique Dota 2), and the role of esports in placing that barrier.

did it ever occur to you.... that despite those limitations people enjoyed it? and to dumb down/simplify it further would of taken away that "spark" that came with the whole concept?

yes its hard to deny that some of DoTA's gameplay only exists because there were no good design-work arounds.... but again, part of its charm in the long run, better design often leads to simplification.... not everything needs to be simplified especially when the whole Idea is to challenge the player.

The overall game design concept was fantastic and has stuck... and is now what the biggest genre in gaming... time to accept reality. his crap about "oh these modders somehow made something more popular than a massive games company IS WRONG" attitude is pathetic....

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@princeofshapeir said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Except people actually like the HotS beta and people want it to go to open beta XD

ofcourse they do.... I'm not wrong in remembering you as a massive blizzard fanboy am I ? your like apple fans... blizzard could show you a turd at blizzcon and it would be a winner.

hell, they managed to make one of the most shallow money grubbing card games with a ridiculous RNG mode and its played in the thens of thousands at a time. (note, not saying its a bad gaming... but as far as card games go its friggin shallow.).

I dont see it being a patch on DoTA 2 or even LoL at this point.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#66 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Yeah, I am not even gonna bother to read that. If the guy is such a genius when it comes to the design of MOBAs, then why doesn't he create his own game in the genre that fixes all the problems he has with them? If he's right, he could end up being a billionaire! Oh, but he won't, because he's just some pissy journalist that doesn't know jackshit.

ok, I just quick read through a good bit of that. My god is that terrible. He almost never actually addresses any criticisms of the genre, and instead just grandstands for the longest time with filler and pointless brainfarts. This guy has way, way too much time on his hands.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Lol, I don't need an essay to come to this conclusion.

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By 7MDMA
Member since 2014 • 315 Posts

MOBA's do suck though. impeccably balanced yet stupid genre.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

@7mdma: they don't suck. you just don't like them. I don't like GTA. I guess that means it sucks then.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@princeofshapeir said:

@Ballroompirate said:

ofcourse they do.... I'm not wrong in remembering you as a massive blizzard fanboy am I ? your like apple fans... blizzard could show you a turd at blizzcon and it would be a winner.

hell, they managed to make one of the most shallow money grubbing card games with a ridiculous RNG mode and its played in the thens of thousands at a time. (note, not saying its a bad gaming... but as far as card games go its friggin shallow.).

I dont see it being a patch on DoTA 2 or even LoL at this point.

If I'm such a massive Blizzard fanboy then why do I hate every WoW expansion since BC, why do I find D3 "meh" and as a long time ret paladin since vanilla, Ghost Crawler can DIAF for all I care (luckily he's a dev at LoL now). I don't even consider WoW to be the best MMO out currently.

So not are you only mistaken, but you're an idiot for even thinking I'm a Blizzard fanboy.

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts
@commonfate said:
@Socijalisticka said:
@parkurtommo said:

Are you suggesting that "Multiplayer online battle arena" is descriptive enough to distinguish League of Legends from Quake 3: Arena? How so?

It's an identifier, nothing more. Just like 99% of video games in the RPG genre that are hilariously shallow and undeserving compared to a tabletop RPG like Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons.

This in no way explains "Why Dota Sucks" or has anything to do with the gameplay itself. It's merely a weak placeholder for the lack of a substantial argument. Why you would choose to link an incomplete critique is beyond me.

We call them jRPGs because they share fundamental components of roleplaying games, regardless of how "shallow" they are. How about this for an identifier: MONCF (Multiplayer Online Nursery Cesspool Frolicking).

It's easier to digest and comment on each chapter one at a time, as opposed to all thirteen at once. It was misleading for me to refer to them as articles, but taking a look at the book format should clarify this.

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Socijalisticka

@MBirdy88 said:

did it ever occur to you.... that despite those limitations people enjoyed it? and to dumb down/simplify it further would of taken away that "spark" that came with the whole concept?

yes its hard to deny that some of DoTA's gameplay only exists because there were no good design-work arounds.... but again, part of its charm in the long run, better design often leads to simplification.... not everything needs to be simplified especially when the whole Idea is to challenge the player.

The overall game design concept was fantastic and has stuck... and is now what the biggest genre in gaming... time to accept reality. his crap about "oh these modders somehow made something more popular than a massive games company IS WRONG" attitude is pathetic....

True. I don't understand why we need fancy utilities such as multiple unit select, build queues, and waypoints in RTSes. Someone get Icefrog to develop the next LOLESPORT RTS Dune II clone. You clowns would eat that shit up.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@roler42

DOTA is a very specific type of MOBA. There are MOBAs like SMITE and BLC that have nothing to do with lane defense.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#74 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@Socijalisticka said:

@MBirdy88 said:

True. I don't understand why we need fancy utilities such as multiple unit select, build queues, and waypoints in RTSes. Someone get Icefrog to develop the next LOLESPORT RTS Dune II clone. You clowns would eat that shit up.

Honestly, you should leave.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

What is this peasantry

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#76 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Socijalisticka said:
@commonfate said:
@Socijalisticka said:
@parkurtommo said:

We call them jRPGs because they share fundamental components of roleplaying games, regardless of how "shallow" they are. How about this for an identifier: MONCF (Multiplayer Online Nursery Cesspool Frolicking).

It's easier to digest and comment on each chapter one at a time, as opposed to all thirteen at once. It was misleading for me to refer to them as articles, but taking a look at the book format should clarify this.

Then why was Mr.twit defending that ARTS was not an appropriate name for the genre? When clearly it shares far more aspects to RTSs, then RPGs do to eachother.

I can't believe you're still trying to argue at all, you're just making a fool of yourself.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

Hey mods, can we get this locked please? TC and his thread have done nothing short of insult and attack people for liking MOBAs

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

MOBAs are for casuals. You don't need any mechanical skill to be good at them, hence why they are so popular.

Quake is the only true e-sport anyway, so w/e. RTS is fine as well.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

I assume that he sucks at playing MOBAs games.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

Is this really necessary? Anyone with half a brain knows Dota, and the rest of the moba genre are complete and utter crap.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#82 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@general_solo76 said:

Is this really necessary? Anyone with half a brain knows Dota, and the rest of the moba genre are complete and utter crap.

Ah, another twit.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18249 Posts

What a horrible article, even if he claims is not true, you can tell he is a bitter RTS veteran angry about the MOBA popularity, i'm a huge RTS fan, Warcraft 3 and Starcraft are among my favorite games ever, but even i enjoy DOTA2, despite the horrendus community, the game is fun with friends, don't like the genre, deal with it because is not going anywhere any time soon.

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Socijalisticka
@parkurtommo said:

Then why was Mr.twit defending that ARTS was not an appropriate name for the genre? When clearly it shares far more aspects to RTSs, then RPGs do to eachother.

I can't believe you're still trying to argue at all, you're just making a fool of yourself.

Because dota games are too distinct (and degenerate) to be considered ARTS. Take the ARTS game, Sacrifice, for example. You control a hero (in the appropriate third-person camera) and various fighting/support units, which you spawn by harvesting souls and capping zones. It's a similar map-controlling mechanism to Wargame's command zones, even when there is no former base building in either games. Remember that you aren't capturing steady resource-producing zones in dota. You don't spawn units other than your hero. There's effectively no micro-management. The income you gain is spent only on items.

I can't even begin to answer your previous questions if you don't have a basic understanding of the RTS genre.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By BldgIrsh

@Socijalisticka said:
@parkurtommo said:

Because MOBA games are too distinct (and degenerate) to be considered ARTS. Take the ARTS game, Sacrifice, for example. You control a hero (in the appropriate third-person camera) and various fighting/support units, which you spawn by harvesting souls and capping zones. It's a similar map-controlling mechanism to Wargame's command zones, even when there is no former base building in either games. Remember that you aren't capturing steady resource-producing zones in dota. You don't spawn units other than your hero. There's effectively no micro-management. The income you gain is spent only on items.

I can't even begin to answer your previous questions if you don't have a basic understanding of the RTS genre.

Don't you have an article that you have to be writing?

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Socijalisticka

@bldgirsh said:

@Socijalisticka said:
@parkurtommo said:

Because MOBA games are too distinct (and degenerate) to be considered ARTS. Take the ARTS game, Sacrifice, for example. You control a hero (in the appropriate third-person camera) and various fighting/support units, which you spawn by harvesting souls and capping zones. It's a similar map-controlling mechanism to Wargame's command zones, even when there is no former base building in either games. Remember that you aren't capturing steady resource-producing zones in dota. You don't spawn units other than your hero. There's effectively no micro-management. The income you gain is spent only on items.

Just about. I just had to show your mother the way to the bathroom. I'll remind her to pick you up at the nursery after she's done cleaning up.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 BldgIrsh

@Socijalisticka said:

@bldgirsh said:

@Socijalisticka said:
@parkurtommo said:

Just about. I just had to show your mother the way to the bathroom. I'll remind her to pick you up at the nursery after she's done cleaning up.

Ah, that's nice of you. Now go back to your drivel.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts
@Socijalisticka said:
@commonfate said:
@Socijalisticka said:
@parkurtommo said:

But he still has yet to write out his arguments, so there is nothing to comment on other than the usual Internet tedium.

Feel free to come back and post it when an argument has been made, until then there is really nothing to discuss other than various sides circlejerking over how right they think they are.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

Translation "stop liking what i don't like!!!!"

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#91 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

I digress... The popularity of "MOBA"'s as a genre is just a sign and titillation of the downfall of the modern day PC gaymer. When once the PC gamer was a more discerning user.. in fact you could state that the PC gamer was the creme ala cream of the gaming universe personality and population. And now it's obvious that the PC user is but a chum of everyday novelty and sobriety. To put this into more specifics, I shall give sum demonstrations... and examples.

In 1995 the PC gamer was the type of user who was a technological enthusasitic. The type of person who didn't mind blowing quite a lot of money on a nice shiny personal computer.. in a time and era when personal computers in the home were not very personal.. or common. The PC games made for this user were made to match the idea that the user themselves was a gaming enthusiast with a forward thinking mind. Hell the PC gamer would play games with a mouse and keyboard, and even had to potentially know some programming to make a boot disk to make the video game load.

2014.. Everyone has a PC.. everybody. Your grandma, your dad.. your mother.. your sister.. your kids.. and the neighboors.. people in cyber cafes as well. And so the user base for the PC database has influatuated to grand schemes. And with the inflation of the populace of the PC gamer the dumbification of the products which hit the PC market have followed suit.

In my final digressation I would state that the "MOBA" Genre is here to serve the masses of the new generation of dumbed down PC users. No longer shall we see great intelligently made games such as .. DIablo 1, Baldur's Gate etc. Because these types of titles do not fit the user bases mentality. MOBA is a great example representation of the downfall of the PC gaming market and how the PC user base has gone from playing advanced strategy games such as Command and Conquer Red Alert to league of legends..

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@ShimmerMan said:

I digress... The popularity of "MOBA"'s as a genre is just a sign and titillation of the downfall of the modern day PC gaymer. When once the PC gamer was a more discerning user.. in fact you could state that the PC gamer was the creme ala cream of the gaming universe personality and population. And now it's obvious that the PC user is but a chum of everyday novelty and sobriety. To put this into more specifics, I shall give sum demonstrations... and examples.

In 1995 the PC gamer was the type of user who was a technological enthusasitic. The type of person who didn't mind blowing quite a lot of money on a nice shiny personal computer.. in a time and era when personal computers in the home were not very personal.. or common. The PC games made for this user were made to match the idea that the user themselves was a gaming enthusiast with a forward thinking mind. Hell the PC gamer would play games with a mouse and keyboard, and even had to potentially know some programming to make a boot disk to make the video game load.

2014.. Everyone has a PC.. everybody. Your grandma, your dad.. your mother.. your sister.. your kids.. and the neighboors.. people in cyber cafes as well. And so the user base for the PC database has influatuated to grand schemes. And with the inflation of the populace of the PC gamer the dumbification of the products which hit the PC market have followed suit.

In my final digressation I would state that the "MOBA" Genre is here to serve the masses of the new generation of dumbed down PC users. No longer shall we see great intelligently made games such as .. DIablo 1, Baldur's Gate etc. Because these types of titles do not fit the user bases mentality. MOBA is a great example representation of the downfall of the PC gaming market and how the PC user base has gone from playing advanced strategy games such as Command and Conquer Red Alert to league of legends..

Just like the author of the article in the TC. Lots of words, but no actual points.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 BldgIrsh

@ShimmerMan said:

This is a sad attempt... sad enough to be a contributor for the article.

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Socijalisticka

@ShimmerMan said:

Synopsis: Some of today’s video game players have decided they are the “PC Gaming Master Race”, holding the idea that computers are fundamentally superior for gaming than consoles. This concept is rooted in the history of computer video games, but those players fail to realize that the games and hardware that created a “Master Race” were defined by high barriers of entry. Back in the day, computer video games (and computers) demanded money, patience, and intelligence. This, in turn, yielded an educated and intelligent player base. Today’s distribution services, low price point, entry-level game titles, and the ease of modern computing have redefined what computer video games are about and who they attract. Computer video games are now like every other platform: Small audience of savvy users, large audience of plebs. So if you’re identifying with the PC Gaming Master Race, just be aware: You are identifying with a culture and an economic model which does not exist anymore.

Mike Lowell

http://www.learntocounter.com/a-couple-of-thoughts-on-the-pc-gaming-master-race/

Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Socijalisticka

Gather around and rejoice kiddies, chapter 3 is here!

Synopsis: Much like the RTS games that inspired it, the dota genre is most commonly played with a top-down “free roaming” camera that can be moved around the map independently of the participants. The genre features many mechanics that take advantage of the free camera and most dota players favor the free camera. However, the RTS genre was designed for a world in which you are playing the role of an overhead commander, whereas dota asks you to play the role of an individual. The use of a free camera to control an individual breaks the player’s connection to the action on the screen and does it to a substantial detriment. This faulty design choice is countered by an excellent body of game design that shows it is possible to manage RTS elements from a fixed camera perspective. But ultimately, the resistance of the dota community to fixed camera elements has nothing to do with an argument of superiority. Quite simply, it is a fear of change, a fear that a fixed camera would “dumb down” the genre. It is a fear generated by a lack of familiarity with the games that have featured the fixed camera elements and done them well.

Mike Lowell

http://www.learntocounter.com/why-dota-sucks-chapter-3/

Known

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Known
Member since 2016 • 18 Posts

what I'm laughing at is that only one single person in this entire forum has brains the proper size.. sorry to say but dota 2 sucks. If you guys like the game and want to keep continuing the delusion and keep sucking blizzards dicks then that's fine with me. What I do have a a problem with is your massive quantities of stupidity that are lowering the IQ rating of all the intelligent people here, however few there are. I applaud soci for trying to tell the truth to ignorant people. I agree with you completely.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@known said:

what I'm laughing at is that only one single person in this entire forum has brains the proper size.. sorry to say but dota 2 sucks. If you guys like the game and want to keep continuing the delusion and keep sucking blizzards dicks then that's fine with me. What I do have a a problem with is your massive quantities of stupidity that are lowering the IQ rating of all the intelligent people here, however few there are. I applaud soci for trying to tell the truth to ignorant people. I agree with you completely.

Was this opinion thread really worth pulling out of the sewer?

Known

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Known
Member since 2016 • 18 Posts

@GarGx1: depends if this was really in the sewer or in your perception of in the sewer?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23706 Posts

I knew this thread looked familiar.