why does wii sell so well>

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
the system have few to no good games. yet it sells out the min it hits store shelfs! what are people buying it for? its not like it has a hd dvd player in it or blu ray. it just sells like mad for no reason. even its future line up stinks with the 3 party games
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts
Cuz its cheap, relative to other systems, and backed by a strong name brand.
Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Ollivander
Member since 2005 • 1975 Posts
Why do people with bad spelling habits make threads!?
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
Because they realize that you're buying the PS3 and X360.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Good games now Wario Ware:SM Zelda TP Madden (I know I said Madden but it is so much funner on the Wii) Sonic Coming Soon Prince of Persia Super Paper Mario
Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts
I think the DS has some part to play with it selling well.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
because its more of a casual system
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deadmeat59
Why do people with bad spelling habits make threads!?Ollivander
lol ur only come back is i am a bad speller
nsoufiani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nsoufiani
Member since 2004 • 1829 Posts
becuase most people, like me, dont care about HD or blu ray nor do we want to know about this HD crap. I swear this HD thing has ruined gaming. Why the hell do I have to buy a HD tv experience the best of games. What if most of us dont want HD tv's?
Plug1Plug2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Plug1Plug2
Member since 2005 • 1387 Posts
Because it's a fun, affordable system with good games and a very bright future. (unlike the PS3).
Avatar image for psycotictaratua
psycotictaratua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 psycotictaratua
Member since 2005 • 969 Posts
the system have few to no good games. yet it sells out the min it hits store shelfs! what are people buying it for? its not like it has a hd dvd player in it or blu ray. it just sells like mad for no reason. even its future line up stinks with the 3 party gamesdeadmeat59

Because it's fun and it's cheap.  If people really want a HD-DVD player or a Blu-Ray player, they'll just go out and buy one.  Let's say you want a DVD player, the first thing that comes to your mind is probably not a PS2 or a 360, although both have DVD players.  People buy video game systems to play video games.
_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts
because it reaches out to gamers and familys with childern
Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ollivander
[QUOTE="Ollivander"]Why do people with bad spelling habits make threads!?deadmeat59

Who's making comebacks? I was just pointing out the truth. If you require a more meatier response then here goes. The majority of households do not have HDTVs so it doesn't matter to them that *gasp* the Wii has no HD support or Blu-ray. Also, the Wii is a fun system with a new way to play games. It's backed by a reputable company, has good Backwards compatibility, The Virtual Console is a godsend for some as well. All in all it's a solid system.
Avatar image for starwarsgeek112
starwarsgeek112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 starwarsgeek112
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts
What do you mean no good games? The Wii has Zelda, Wario Ware, SSX Blur, Wii Sports, Truama Center, Madden, and Elebits.
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deadmeat59
[QUOTE="deadmeat59"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]Why do people with bad spelling habits make threads!?Ollivander

Who's making comebacks? I was just pointing out the truth. If you require a more meatier response then here goes. The majority of households do not have HDTVs so it doesn't matter to them that *gasp* the Wii has no HD support or Blu-ray. Also, the Wii is a fun system with a new way to play games. It's backed by a reputable company, has good Backwards compatibility, The Virtual Console is a godsend for some as well. All in all it's a solid system.

but why would u buy a gaming system when it has no good games to buy?
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
maybe because its something different, not just the same console with improved graphics.
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
[QUOTE="Ollivander"][QUOTE="deadmeat59"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]Why do people with bad spelling habits make threads!?deadmeat59

You're right. Why buy a PS3?
Avatar image for FrenziedRaldo24
FrenziedRaldo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FrenziedRaldo24
Member since 2005 • 9054 Posts
Because the consumer thinks theyre getting something "next-gen" for the $250 price tag, so they jump at it. In fact, that isnt the case.
Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ollivander
[QUOTE="Ollivander"][QUOTE="deadmeat59"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]Why do people with bad spelling habits make threads!?deadmeat59

Define "good games"  Trauma Center, Zelda, SSX Blur, WarioWare, Madden, Sonic" These are good games if you ask me. For a three month old system I think this is a fine selection.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

because its more of a casual systempoopinloop32

I don't see it that way. I see the Wii as having a wider, more mass-market appeal than it's competitors. The use of the word 'casual' these days is an insult to a console, but for once in the Wii's case it shouldn't be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Because it is a good system.
Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

the system have few to no good games. yet it sells out the min it hits store shelfs! what are people buying it for? its not like it has a hd dvd player in it or blu ray. it just sells like mad for no reason. even its future line up stinks with the 3 party gamesdeadmeat59

well being that there are almost 40 wii games out now and 15 ps3 games i'd say selection. oh and the VC. and the GC backwards compadibility. and the free online. and the innovatitive controls. face it the gameplay is selling this one. people so far are saying they don't need pretty visuals as much as they want fun and bang for their buck. hell, the Wii is 2 times more powerful than the Cube and its $50 cheaper than the Cube was at launch. with sadness, Super mario galaxy, metroid prime 3, super smash, resident evil:uv, resident evil 5, and others it has good games coming to.

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
'Cause it's cheap thats it. I don't see the problem, someone comes at a game store looks at the wii 250$, looks at the xbox360-ps3 400-600$...
Avatar image for psycotictaratua
psycotictaratua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 psycotictaratua
Member since 2005 • 969 Posts
Because the consumer thinks theyre getting something "next-gen" for the $250 price tag, so they jump at it. In fact, that isnt the case.FrenziedRaldo24

But...they are getting a next-gen system.  By the definitions of "generation" and "next-gen," the Wii is a next-gen system.
killamagig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 killamagig
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

The topic creator makes it sound like the average person gives a crap about Blu-Ray or HD DVD. :D Makes me laugh.

Avatar image for Mikazukinoyaiba
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mikazukinoyaiba
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts
[QUOTE="Ollivander"]Why do people with bad spelling habits make threads!?deadmeat59

Please go play in traffic.. PLEASE
Silvereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Silvereign
Member since 2006 • 3006 Posts
Cuz its cheap, relative to other systems, and backed by a strong name brand.XaosII
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
[QUOTE="deadmeat59"][QUOTE="Ollivander"]Why do people with bad spelling habits make threads!?Ollivander

Bingo.
Son_of_Some

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Son_of_Some
Member since 2006 • 1458 Posts

Yeah, basically you don't have to pay for a hd dvd player of blu ray if you don't want to. That's what boyee.

t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
Some peoples opinions and knowledge of games are different than yours. I suppose that would be some reason.
thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
Because it targeted a wider, non-gamer market. IMO nintendo focused on targeting the non-gamer market so much that they forgot about the more hardcore gamers.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

not only.
joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts
Why do people insist on starting new Wii bashing threads when there are like five already on the front page of the system wars forum?  Answer:  Wii is about fun.  Wii Looks pretty much the same on standard & hi-def tv's, wii is cheap, oh yeah, and cooking mama: cookoff owns (mass effect + halo 3 + Devil May Cry Vaporware + MGS4).
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
It is cheap and it is fun.
Nintendo-Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nintendo-Wii
Member since 2006 • 464 Posts
Noone so far has seen this: Because you fricken swing the fricken controller to do stuff, that is magic to a lot of people. Anyone who has price as the main reason just can't admit that motion sensing is very attractive.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Because people prefer to by a console at a reasonable price and/or they prefer gameplay over life-like graphics that the competition gives....... /thread
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#39 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
Casuals love Wii Sports and the motion sensing controller, duh.
MaTT2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MaTT2011
Member since 2005 • 3949 Posts
Because its fun....