Why does everyone think PS4 is superior to X1?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GameMediator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By GameMediator
Member since 2014 • 75 Posts

Ignorance is the answer, time to set the cows straight!

Most gamers don't fully understand tech specs. PS4 is NOT more powerful just because current multiplatform games AT LAUNCH slightly run better on that system.

PS4 is basically an updated PS3. Xbox one is different than its predecessors, the hardware is much more complex and developers haven't fully exploited its power because it is used differently.

Microsoft's design choice of going with embedded eSRAM for the Xbox One is beginning to make a lot more sense.

With Direct X 11.2, 32Mb of eSRAM can theoretically be capable of storing up to 6GB worth of tiled textures. Couple the eSRAM's ultra fast bandwidth with tiled texture, and the eSRAM just became orders of magnitude more important for your next gen gaming.

As of now, Cows are making themselves look ridiculous by bragging about a supposedly superior system just because current games run SLIGHLTY better. Once developers start utilizing Direct X 11.2 (exclusive to Microsoft) exclusive games will be VASTLY superior with it's much better GPU performance.

PS4 does not have Tiled Resources, frankly this might be a huge game changer for the X1 in terms of raw graphics power, XB1 has low level API that runs seamlessly with High level DX11.2+ Tiled Resources. Game changer. Especially when devs get good at this its gonna be the nail in the coffin. This isnt wishful thinking, hoping. This is in practice, proven. PS4 doesnt have access and they are using OpenGL to try and duplicate but nowhere close to what XB1 does with it.

Im not a fanboy. I like Sony. Last gen PS3 was my main console, it was much better than X360 in terms of power no doubt. However, Sony has done nothing new this gen. PS4 is just an updated PS3 and my PS3 still has alot of life in it. Microsoft on the other hand is being more innovative than Nintendo. I wouldn't say the system was launched too early, but new things take time to understand. Like last gen people were bragging about Xbox 360 being superior for the first few years because the PS3's Cell was hard to developer for. I created this thread because I am tired of the ignorance.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

More innovating by trying to turn a console into a smartphone stuck behind a paywall? Nobody wants your Xbox 720p. Get over it.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

ok another one of these threads.

from what i've seen, ps4 has an edge over x1. from digital foundry's analysis, some games like tomb raider show the differences to be more apparent.

will the x1 somehow redeem itself? i don't know. the proof is in the pudding, and so far the pudding produced by the ps4 is enriched. i don't have any hope in any direction.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

And this is what we call "Damage Control," ladies and gentlemen

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

If you bury your head a little deeper into the ground...it may drown out all the ownage the ps4 is laying on the xbone.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

Not you again

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

I'm happy to defend the One over stupidity. I do the same for the PS4. This time it's the ps4. It's stronger. Let's get over it. As the gen goes on things will remain the same. Xbone games wont look bad, but they will lag in comparison.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

because PS4 is superior in every way possible. If you don't know this or don't want to believe it you life in your own very special world.

GameMediator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GameMediator
@Murderstyle75 said:

More innovating by trying to turn a console into a smartphone stuck behind a paywall? Nobody wants your Xbox 720p. Get over it.

No. Microsofts technology is actually futuristic. It justifies the price tag. But yes MS are greedy mofos. But tell me, how is Sony innovative? A touch pad and light bar on a controller? That is just a gimmick less innovative than PS move. Sony will definitely need to change they way they make consoles next gen. Makes me wonder how the PS5 will be built lol. Xbox won, deal with that

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Do some research it is more powerful, to quote earlier "PS4 has 50% better GPU, but it also does not have framebuffer limits. Xbone devs have only 32MB of it [ESRAM], which makes working with 1080p a chore." That tiled resource/ 128 Esram is MisterXmedia PR bs

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@gamemediator said:
@Murderstyle75 said:

No. Microsofts technology is actually futuristic. It justifies the price tag. But yes MS are greedy mofos. But tell me, how is Sony innovative? A touch pad and light bar on a controller? That is just a gimmick less innovative than PS move. Sony will definitely need to change they way they make consoles next gen. Makes me wonder how the PS5 will be built lol. Xbox won, deal with that

Futuristic? Like what?

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Murderstyle75

First it was the infinite power of da cloudz. Now its Direct X 11.2. Next the Xbox One will be blessed by Jesus himself and hold the power of The Lord.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9479 Posts

Play what you like and have fun.. take what others say with a grain of salt. If you are easily offended by people this is the wrong place to be.... lol

GameMediator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GameMediator

@silversix_ said:

because PS4 is superior in every way possible. If you don't know this or don't want to believe it you life in your own very special world.

Ahh yes, just as I predicted. Ignorant, immature, Irrelevant reply's. Ill go enjoy my X1 now and let the Cows run their bullshit mouths. Seems like they have nothing better to do until they get some decent exclusive games.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4195 Posts

These posts are starting to get funny.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@gamemediator said:

Most gamers don't fully understand tech specs. PS4 is NOT more powerful just because current multiplatform games AT LAUNCH slightly run better on that system.

PS4 is basically an updated PS3. Xbox one is different than its predecessors, the hardware is much more complex and developers haven't fully exploited its power because it is used differently.

Microsoft's design choice of going with embedded eSRAM for the Xbox One is beginning to make a lot more sense.

With Direct X 11.2, 32Mb of eSRAM can theoretically be capable of storing up to 6GB worth of tiled textures. Couple the eSRAM's ultra fast bandwidth with tiled texture, and the eSRAM just became orders of magnitude more important for your next gen gaming.

As of now, Cows are making themselves look ridiculous by bragging about a supposedly superior system just because current games run SLIGHLTY better. Once developers start utilizing Direct X 11.2 (exclusive to Microsoft) exclusive games will be VASTLY superior with it's much better GPU performance.

PS4 does not have Tiled Resources, frankly this might be a huge game changer for the X1 in terms of raw graphics power, XB1 has low level API that runs seamlessly with High level DX11.2+ Tiled Resources. Game changer. Especially when devs get good at this its gonna be the nail in the coffin. This isnt wishful thinking, hoping. This is in practice, proven. PS4 doesnt have access and they are using OpenGL to try and duplicate but nowhere close to what XB1 does with it.

Im not a fanboy. I like Sony. Last gen PS3 was my main console, it was much better than X360 in terms of power no doubt. However, Sony has done nothing new this gen. PS4 is just an updated PS3 and my PS3 still has alot of life in it. Microsoft on the other hand is being more innovative than Nintendo. I wouldn't say the system was launched too early, but new things take time to understand. Like last gen people were bragging about Xbox 360 being superior for the first few years because the PS3's Cell was hard to developer for. I created this thread because I am tired of the ignorance.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

Proof is in the pudding. Everything points to the PS4 being more powerful. The Xbox One doesn't have some sort of secret sauce.

btw, the PS4 supports Tiled Resources.

GameMediator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GameMediator

@WitIsWisdom said:

Play what you like and have fun.. take what others say with a grain of salt. If you are easily offended by people this is the wrong place to be.... lol

Oh i know, Im loving my Xbox one, Wii U, and PS3. If you enjoy PS4 exclusives then Im happy for you... It just frustrating because im baffled of the stupidity on this forum, im just trying to educate PS4 fanboys. It's almost impossible to convince ignorance

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

LMFAO!

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

It's been a really bad day for lems....

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

At E3 2014, M$ is going to announce a new exclusive for the Xbone.

Each Xbone w/Kinect will harness extra power directly siphoned from Lord Sauron, finally giving it an edge in power and shutting up those other fanboys.

This deal was only made possible because of Kinect's inclusion in every Xbone Console purchase. Sauron agreed to this shared power as a temporary measure while he bides his time. This is also why people should stop bashing Kinect, it's a two way street and because of Kinect and what it offers Lord Sauron, we are getting that extra, much needed at the 11th hour, mystical "Cloud-secret sauce-Tiled Resources-Direct x11.2" power for Xbone very, very soon.

We can keep chasing fairy tales, or we can just accept the facts and understand the reason why we buy the Xbox or any brands is for the games on that machine, usually the exclusives. In my case a new developer is making GeoW which I'll consider once it's reviewed, new devs are pumping out Halos, new guys behind Fable with creator Peter M gone...These and other Xbox IPs are the reason to buy the Xbone, not some fairy tale.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Murderstyle75

@gamemediator:

There's nothing futuristic about casual gimmicks and marketing phrases to butter up its lack of performance. With all this winning, one must wonder why it can't come even close to selling out. Even before Christmas. Xbox One was available everywhere. That's unheard of for a gaming console.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

We HAVE to open a water park, make use of these tears while we can.

I'm sure there won't be a drought for some time however.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@silversix_ said:

So the PS4 plays Titanfall now? :p

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@gamemediator said:

@silversix_ said:

Ahh yes, just as I predicted. Ignorant, immature, Irrelevant reply's. Ill go enjoy my X1 now and let the Cows run their bullshit mouths. Seems like they have nothing better to do until they get some decent exclusive games.

Im Ignorant because you don't want to accept facts known to everyone (EVEN Polygon lololol)? Sorry to say it like that but your system is a waste of electricity, and yes i went that far!

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28  Edited By Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@gamemediator said:

[ fanboy drivel deleted ]

I didn't read whatever you wrote there based on your post history, but to answer your question: the Playstation 4 is 50% more powerful than the Xbox One, costs $100 less, and isn't burdened with an always-on camera accessory.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

Click any thread in this forum and you will find the answer.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

Click any thread in this forum and you will find the answer.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

@gamemediator said:

Developers have said so themselves that the PS4 is more powerful.

They're both x86 processors that use the same instruction sets. Nothing complex about a very old architecture that has been an industry standard since the 8086 from Intel.

No, it was a dumb choice. It just made it harder for developers to utilize, and even then, DDR3 is still slow for 1080p gaming.

Eeenope. Direct X is bloated crap API.

OpenGL > Direct3D for speed.

OpenGL and Direct3D are practically the same, just one is faster than the other and OpenGL is a harder API to develop on. Just look at Linux.

tl;dr PS4 and Xbox One are not on the same spectrum. Stop comparing it because you will lose every time, the Xbox One is just miles weaker.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

The PS4 from a factual standpoint is better than the Xbox 1 in every way possible.

MdBrOtha04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MdBrOtha04
Member since 2003 • 1828 Posts

@gamemediator said:

PS4 Isn't anything like the ps3. Different gpu and cpu maker. Memory was split. The CPU has 256MB of DDR3 and the GPU has 256MB of XDRAM. The PS3 had dedicated pixel and vertex shaders.
The PS4 is unified Stream processors like the Xbox One and 360

If anything the 360 and the Xbox One are more alike with the gpu being made by AMD in both generations. Both GPU's have unified shader architecture. Both had unified memory shared by both the cpu and gpu. Both have a pool of very fast memory (EDRAM vs ESRAM) for a frame buffer. I'm pretty sure the xbox 360 EDRAM is faster than ESRAM on the One.

So developers have had almost 10 years to figure out this ES/EDRAM business and they are still having issues with 1080p. There must be something else wrong? Maybe the 384 stream processors that the xbox 1 doesn't have is the culprit.

Microsoft saying those extra stream processors wouldn't help is complete BS. Nvidia release $500+ GPU's with lower core and memory clock speed than a $350 gpu and it still runs circles around that cheaper gpu. Why? More cuda cores/higher memory bandwidth.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@gamemediator - your embarrassing yourself

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@gamemediator: obviously you are an xbot lemming,

because only they are capable of those leaps and bounds of baffling mental gymnastics,

except you couldn't stick the landing because everything you provided was false.

but you still get a medal for effort,

and what do you know,

even @FoxbatAlpha, @kuu2, @XBOunity placed

GameMediator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By GameMediator

@Murderstyle75 said:

@gamemediator:

There's nothing futuristic about casual gimmicks and marketing phrases to butter up its lack of performance. With all this winning, one must wonder why it can't come even close to selling out. Even before Christmas. Xbox One was available everywhere. That's unheard of for a gaming console.

casual gimmicks and marketing phrases? youre exactly what im talking about becasue youre ingnorance is unbelievable. And I bought my xbox one about a month ago after Christmas, and they were sold out I had to wait a week. But sales don't matter, the only reason why PS4 is outselling is because people like you are completely and utterly ignorant, and cheap.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts

Well, i have been using both machines since their respective launches and PS4 is definately the superior console so far...

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Murderstyle75

@gamemediator:

No. They weren't sold out unless you lived in the sticks maybe. Go through my post history. I posted inventory for Walmart and a Best Buy for both the week before Christmas as well as Christmas Eve.

And yes. The Xbox One is a gimmick. Sort of like a Turtle Beach gaming headset full of features with inferior performance. And speaking of headsets, can the X1 even do. 7.1 Dolby Headphone yet? Or are you stuck with that Pro Logic shit from the 1980's?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#39 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

PS4 is a gamers console.

Xbox One is a console for people who liked to be ripped off.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@gamemediator said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@gamemediator:

casual gimmicks and marketing phrases? youre exactly what im talking about becasue youre ingnorance is unbelievable. And I bought my xbox one about a month ago after Christmas, and they were sold out I had to wait a week. But sales don't matter, the only reason why PS4 is outselling is because people like you are completely and utterly ignorant, and cheap.

Look I give you credit for trying but when multiple devs and specs have revealed the consoles at the moment that the PS4 is edging out the Xbone in many ways it's a fact, MS should have dropped Kinect and the whole entertainment aspect, it didn't work for Sony last gen I don't see it working for MS. There's a lot MS did wrong but they could get things right too? Who knows tbh gen just began.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

The truth, tc. #DEALWITHIT

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

@gamemediator said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@gamemediator:

Quite the opposite. We don't to waste $500 on a console that has inferior multiplats and 50% less raw power. Stop trying to justify a dumb purchase.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@gamemediator said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@gamemediator:

Your grammar and spelling is atrocious, yet you call others "ignorant" based on their personal choices, all with nothing to back it up.

Maybe people like the first and second party games Sony will have, ever thought of that?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

The PS4 simply has more raw power. Heck. For the moment, it has a more powerful GPU than the one in my PC. I can accept that. Why can't some XB1 owners.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

this a microsoft employee posting this?

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

Say what you will about the PS4, but you will have to accept that people prefer it because:

It has GAMING as a priority, doesn't waste resources on multimedia and motion control gimmicks

Multiplats run BETTER on it, it has MORE games to play on it

Costs 100 dollars less

People usually buy consoles to PLAY GAMES, not for some silly EXPERIENCE

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
@gamemediator said:

PS4 is supposedly ahead of DX11.2 with more features. It also has already demonstrated PRT way back at GDC, whereas I have seen nothing using xbone.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/PlayStation-4-Konsolen-220102/Specials/PS4-Inside-1084325/

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

The PS4 is superior to the Xflop. They are both still garbage if it makes you feel better. Cheap laptop specs FTW!!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Because it is

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points