Why does everyone believe the PS4/XBOX will be much better than the Wii U?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 illmatic8582
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="p4s2p0"]Because they keep making under powered hardware. When I saw 3ds I knew nothing had changed.emgesp

the 3DS is plenty poweful enough for a handheld.

Tablets are more powerful than the 3DS.

tablets are also $300 + dollars...
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 illmatic8582

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

The nextbox will be all about kinect, not sure about the ps4

emgesp

Here's the problem. The games that actually sold well on the 360 were core games. Not 1 Kinect game outsold Halo, Gears, or COD. Kinect Adventures doesn't count because it came bundled in with every Kinect. The best selling Kinect game is Kinect Sports at 5 million units sold worldwide. Casuals aren't going to embrace the 720+Kinect like they did with the original Wii. Casuals don't spend $400+ on a console. Casuals spend $400 on IPADs because they are portable all-in-one devices. The 720 with Kinect would need to be priced at $299 max to get that Wii like success.

Microsoft has been on the casual train for almost 2-3 years..now after putting so much money and time into kinect there just going to drop it?...I don't think so. New XBOX might be more of a casual system, and you can't see it. But they have been less hardcore for the past few years, that can't be denied
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 illmatic8582
[QUOTE="Heil68"]Because the Wiiu is barely better than 7 year old consoles now. Slimmin360
Ahh YES but then again so was the Wii and it dominated sales over both PS3 and 360 the first 3 years on the market. Also don't forget the Wii-U will be out nearly a year or more when M$ and Sony release there next consoles, so Wii-U hardware will be much cheaper than the other two, and there will be a much larger selection of Wii-U games than PS4 and 720 games. So you never know.

If the PS4/XBOX is released, we now there won't have too many it launch games, most systems don't launch with amazing games. Meanwhile you can bet Nintendo will have a Metroid, Zelda, or 3d Mario games that will def steal some thunder from the new systems
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#154 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Tired of these threads.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts
[QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]the 3DS is plenty poweful enough for a handheld.illmatic8582
Tablets are more powerful than the 3DS.

Tablets are all-in-one devices that can do a lot more things than just gaming. So the premium in price is warranted over the 3DS.
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 illmatic8582
[QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="emgesp"] Tablets are more powerful than the 3DS.

Tablets are all-in-one devices that can do a lot more things than just gaming. So the premium in price is warranted over the 3DS.

I agree, so I don't know why you used this as an example..
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 illmatic8582

Tired of these threads.

Michael0134567
Then why are you here?
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Tired of these threads.

illmatic8582
Then why are you here?

What? I'm not allowed to post?
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 emgesp
[QUOTE="emgesp"]

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

The nextbox will be all about kinect, not sure about the ps4

illmatic8582

Here's the problem. The games that actually sold well on the 360 were core games. Not 1 Kinect game outsold Halo, Gears, or COD. Kinect Adventures doesn't count because it came bundled in with every Kinect. The best selling Kinect game is Kinect Sports at 5 million units sold worldwide. Casuals aren't going to embrace the 720+Kinect like they did with the original Wii. Casuals don't spend $400+ on a console. Casuals spend $400 on IPADs because they are portable all-in-one devices. The 720 with Kinect would need to be priced at $299 max to get that Wii like success.

Microsoft has been on the casual train for almost 2-3 years..now after putting so much money and time into kinect there just going to drop it?...I don't think so. New XBOX might be more of a casual system, and you can't see it. But they have been less hardcore for the past few years, that can't be denied

Best selling games on the 360 since 2010. Halo: Reach, Halo 4, Black Ops, Black Ops 2, Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Kinect Sports, Gears of War 3, FZM 4, BF3, RDR, Fable lll. These are games that sold 5+ million units worldwide. There was only one Kinect game in that list. So tell me again how Microsoft is only focused on the casual gamer?
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 emgesp

[QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"] tablets are also $300 + dollars...illmatic8582

The 3DS is a dedicated handheld for gaming and it has worse specs than even a 2nd Gen IPAD. The Vita is actually priced very well when you consider the specs over the 3DS. The Vita is only $50 more than the 3DS XL and it has way better hardware, 2 analog sticks and a High Res OLED screen. 3DS is definitely overpriced for what you get.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
it would be pretty comical to see those new consoles sport 1.6Ghz CPUs (which wouldn't be bad), 4GB RAM with like multiple GBs taken up by Kinect or OS. And most people wouldn't bat an eyelash if those consoles only have 1GB more RAM than the Wii U, but when Nintendo does it its so very bad,...
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 illmatic8582
[QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="emgesp"] Tablets are all-in-one devices that can do a lot more things than just gaming. So the premium in price is warranted over the 3DS.

The 3DS is a dedicated handheld for gaming and it has worse specs than even a 2nd Gen IPAD. The Vita is actually priced very well when you consider the specs over the 3DS. The Vita is more powerful than an IPAD 3.

A second gen iPad still sells used for over $300, even the weaker mini retails for over $300. this is a bad example. A Vita is not more powerful than an iPad 3
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 illmatic8582
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="emgesp"] Here's the problem. The games that actually sold well on the 360 were core games. Not 1 Kinect game outsold Halo, Gears, or COD. Kinect Adventures doesn't count because it came bundled in with every Kinect. The best selling Kinect game is Kinect Sports at 5 million units sold worldwide. Casuals aren't going to embrace the 720+Kinect like they did with the original Wii. Casuals don't spend $400+ on a console. Casuals spend $400 on IPADs because they are portable all-in-one devices. The 720 with Kinect would need to be priced at $299 max to get that Wii like success.emgesp

Best selling games on the 360 since 2010. Halo: Reach, Halo 4, Black Ops, Black Ops 2, Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Kinect Sports, Gears of War 3, FZM 4, BF3, RDR, Fable lll. These are games that sold 5+ million units worldwide. There was only one Kinect game in that list. So tell me again how Microsoft is only focused on the casual gamer?

I hate to use the 3rd party excuse but are you really relying on 3rd party games to bail out XBOX while they focus on their kinect B.S., would you really be ok with that another 6-7 years?...That's crazy
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="emgesp"] Here's the problem. The games that actually sold well on the 360 were core games. Not 1 Kinect game outsold Halo, Gears, or COD. Kinect Adventures doesn't count because it came bundled in with every Kinect. The best selling Kinect game is Kinect Sports at 5 million units sold worldwide. Casuals aren't going to embrace the 720+Kinect like they did with the original Wii. Casuals don't spend $400+ on a console. Casuals spend $400 on IPADs because they are portable all-in-one devices. The 720 with Kinect would need to be priced at $299 max to get that Wii like success.emgesp

Plus these are the games that drive live gold subscriptions and sell lots of dlc. MS just wants to have all the bases coverd by having good motion control support.
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 emgesp
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"] I agree, so I don't know why you used this as an example..

The 3DS is a dedicated handheld for gaming and it has worse specs than even a 2nd Gen IPAD. The Vita is actually priced very well when you consider the specs over the 3DS. The Vita is more powerful than an IPAD 3.

A second gen iPad still sells used for over $300, even the weaker mini retails for over $300. this is a bad example. A Vita is not more powerful than an iPad 3

IPAD 3 has a dual core ARM Cortex-A9 and quad core PowerVR SGX543MP4. Vita has a Quad Core ARM Cortex-A9 and a Quad Core SGX543MP4+. Both also have 1 GB of ram.
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 illmatic8582
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Tired of these threads.

Michael0134567
Then why are you here?

U can post but you do realize you can into a specific thread topic to complain about the specific thread topic...Do you go to a basketball game and complain about how much you hate the sport? Just seems stupid to me...
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 illmatic8582
[QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="emgesp"] The 3DS is a dedicated handheld for gaming and it has worse specs than even a 2nd Gen IPAD. The Vita is actually priced very well when you consider the specs over the 3DS. The Vita is more powerful than an IPAD 3.

IPAD 3 has a dual core ARM Cortex-A9 and quad core PowerVR SGX543MP4. Vita has a Quad Core ARM Cortex-A9 and a Quad Core SGX543MP4+. Both also have 1 GB of ram.

Technical jargon brain overload.....bottom line Vita might be more powerful but you have to take into account the iPad 2's screen. This really isn't a good comparison
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"] Then why are you here?

U can post but you do realize you can into a specific thread topic to complain about the specific thread topic...Do you go to a basketball game and complain about how much you hate the sport? Just seems stupid to me...

Completely different things.
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 emgesp
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"] Microsoft has been on the casual train for almost 2-3 years..now after putting so much money and time into kinect there just going to drop it?...I don't think so. New XBOX might be more of a casual system, and you can't see it. But they have been less hardcore for the past few years, that can't be denied

I hate to use the 3rd party excuse but are you really relying on 3rd party games to bail out XBOX while they focus on their kinect B.S., would you really be ok with that another 6-7 years?...That's crazy

Halo and Forza won't be going anywhere. You'll see a new exclusive I.P. that is targeted to core gamers on the 720. Don't you worry.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]it would be pretty comical to see those new consoles sport 1.6Ghz CPUs (which wouldn't be bad), 4GB RAM with like multiple GBs taken up by Kinect or OS. And most people wouldn't bat an eyelash if those consoles only have 1GB more RAM than the Wii U, but when Nintendo does it its so very bad,...

I'm expecting 8GB in the next consoles. 2GB with half taken by OS is bad, yes.
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 emgesp
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"] A second gen iPad still sells used for over $300, even the weaker mini retails for over $300. this is a bad example. A Vita is not more powerful than an iPad 3

Technical jargon brain overload.....bottom line Vita might be more powerful but you have to take into account the iPad 2's screen. This really isn't a good comparison

That's Apple's problem not Sony's. If the Vita ever gets pushed to the max you will see some amazing games that could almost rival some Xbox 360 games. It's just too bad there aren't any amazing games on the Vita yet. Oh well.
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 illmatic8582
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"] What? I'm not allowed to post?

how so? You came into a thread and said your tired off it. U do have the option to not click it if you are tired of it, but u didn't lol
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"] U can post but you do realize you can into a specific thread topic to complain about the specific thread topic...Do you go to a basketball game and complain about how much you hate the sport? Just seems stupid to me...illmatic8582

how so? You came into a thread and said your tired off it. U do have the option to not click it if you are tired of it, but u didn't lol

You're comparing posting in a thread to going to a basketball game. Posting those four words doesn't exactly waste a lot of my time :|.

illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 illmatic8582
[QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="emgesp"] IPAD 3 has a dual core ARM Cortex-A9 and quad core PowerVR SGX543MP4. Vita has a Quad Core ARM Cortex-A9 and a Quad Core SGX543MP4+. Both also have 1 GB of ram.

That's Apple's problem not Sony's. If the Vita ever gets pushed to the max you will see some amazing games that could almost rival some Xbox 360 games. It's just too bad there aren't any amazing games on the Vita yet. Oh well.

That's Sony fault for dropping the ball. Sony still hasn't learned from overpricing their PS3 6 or 7 years ago. They released an over priced system with features that aren't necessary, and they did the samething with the Vita. It's overpriced bc of those terrible memory cards, and so are the games on PSN. No wonder the Vita is dying and this is coming from a Vita owner! So I know how good this system could be potentially. But potential is not always realized...
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#175 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
Well, I think it has to do with Nintendo's track record of not going with the most powerful tech available, Instead opting for "innovative" control schemes , or their own proprietary format(GameCube) . Some devs are already calling the WiiU's tech low end, or insufficient(metro devs) . I think the Playstation and Xbox brands have already showed that they've tried to release their consoles with the higher end hardware. Personally I don't think Nintendo has to pursue the high end route, although they may become alienated by third party support later on, especially if Sony, and Microsoft release powerhouse systems, which will cause ports to the wiiU less than probable.
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 illmatic8582

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"] Completely different things.Michael0134567

You're comparing posting in a thread to going to a basketball game. Posting those four words doesn't exactly waste a lot of my time :|.

But going back and forth with me isn't a waste of your time? lol good luck kid
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 emgesp
[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"] Microsoft has been on the casual train for almost 2-3 years..now after putting so much money and time into kinect there just going to drop it?...I don't think so. New XBOX might be more of a casual system, and you can't see it. But they have been less hardcore for the past few years, that can't be denied

Plus these are the games that drive live gold subscriptions and sell lots of dlc. MS just wants to have all the bases coverd by having good motion control support.

Exactly, people forget about DLC profit. This is why the 720 could be sold at a loss because they know they can make it up in software sales, DLC content and other Xbox Live purchases.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 godzillavskong
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"] Microsoft has been on the casual train for almost 2-3 years..now after putting so much money and time into kinect there just going to drop it?...I don't think so. New XBOX might be more of a casual system, and you can't see it. But they have been less hardcore for the past few years, that can't be denied

Microsoft relies on 3rd party support, while Nintendo is abandoned by it.
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 illmatic8582
Well, I think it has to do with Nintendo's track record of not going with the most powerful tech available, Instead opting for "innovative" control schemes , or their own proprietary format(GameCube) . Some devs are already calling the WiiU's tech low end, or insufficient(metro devs) . I think the Playstation and Xbox brands have already showed that they've tried to release their consoles with the higher end hardware. Personally I don't think Nintendo has to pursue the high end route, although they may become alienated by third party support later on, especially if Sony, and Microsoft release powerhouse systems, which will cause ports to the wiiU less than probable.godzillavskong
I know some devs have spoken bad about the Wii U, but I am waiting for a more respected dev i.e. Rockstar, 2K etc to say something negative. Even if Metro was on the Wii U or any system I owned, i wouldnt even be on my radar, same with Crysis 3. Not to say that I don't care about 3rd party games bc I do, but who cares what some B level studio thinks.
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 emgesp
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"] Technical jargon brain overload.....bottom line Vita might be more powerful but you have to take into account the iPad 2's screen. This really isn't a good comparison

That's Sony fault for dropping the ball. Sony still hasn't learned from overpricing their PS3 6 or 7 years ago. They released an over priced system with features that aren't necessary, and they did the samething with the Vita. It's overpriced bc of those terrible memory cards, and so are the games on PSN. No wonder the Vita is dying and this is coming from a Vita owner! So I know how good this system could be potentially. But potential is not always realized...

Actually, the Vita is priced well for the hardware you get. The 3DS is overpriced if anything. Nintendo is selling a console that probably costs them $80-90 to make for $200 (3DS XL). The Vita is an expensive unit to make. I mean was Sony even selling the Vita at a profit when it launched?
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 illmatic8582
[QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="emgesp"] Best selling games on the 360 since 2010. Halo: Reach, Halo 4, Black Ops, Black Ops 2, Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Kinect Sports, Gears of War 3, FZM 4, BF3, RDR, Fable lll. These are games that sold 5+ million units worldwide. There was only one Kinect game in that list. So tell me again how Microsoft is only focused on the casual gamer?

Exactly, people forget about DLC profit. This is why the 720 could be sold at a loss because they know they can make it up in software sales, DLC content and other Xbox Live purchases.

I see a lot of people going to another hardware if they have to pay another live subscription for the next 6+ years. Microsoft can't rely on people paying live forever. Customers are starting to smarten up. If all your competitors offer these services for free
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 illmatic8582
[QUOTE="godzillavskong"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="emgesp"] Best selling games on the 360 since 2010. Halo: Reach, Halo 4, Black Ops, Black Ops 2, Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Kinect Sports, Gears of War 3, FZM 4, BF3, RDR, Fable lll. These are games that sold 5+ million units worldwide. There was only one Kinect game in that list. So tell me again how Microsoft is only focused on the casual gamer?

Yea that's pretty much been how it was for the past 3 gens. But I think that is attributed to Nintendo's weird controllers they used since the n64. It is as if they planned their system with only their first party games in mind. Now with the Wii U more traditional control scheme, I see this changing.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Michael0134567
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"] how so? You came into a thread and said your tired off it. U do have the option to not click it if you are tired of it, but u didn't lolillmatic8582

But going back and forth with me isn't a waste of your time? lol good luck kid

Sorry for responding to somebody who quoted me :roll:.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 godzillavskong
[QUOTE="godzillavskong"]Well, I think it has to do with Nintendo's track record of not going with the most powerful tech available, Instead opting for "innovative" control schemes , or their own proprietary format(GameCube) . Some devs are already calling the WiiU's tech low end, or insufficient(metro devs) . I think the Playstation and Xbox brands have already showed that they've tried to release their consoles with the higher end hardware. Personally I don't think Nintendo has to pursue the high end route, although they may become alienated by third party support later on, especially if Sony, and Microsoft release powerhouse systems, which will cause ports to the wiiU less than probable.illmatic8582
I know some devs have spoken bad about the Wii U, but I am waiting for a more respected dev i.e. Rockstar, 2K etc to say something negative. Even if Metro was on the Wii U or any system I owned, i wouldnt even be on my radar, same with Crysis 3. Not to say that I don't care about 3rd party games bc I do, but who cares what some B level studio thinks.

Time will tell. It almost just seems a little too late for Nintendo, as far as joining the HD console party. The wii wasn't sufficient enough for certain popular games to come to its system, and now, they finally release a HD Wii , while Microsoft readies its next console, with Sony possibly following suit.
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 illmatic8582
[QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="emgesp"] That's Apple's problem not Sony's. If the Vita ever gets pushed to the max you will see some amazing games that could almost rival some Xbox 360 games. It's just too bad there aren't any amazing games on the Vita yet. Oh well.

Actually, the Vita is priced well for the hardware you get. The 3DS is overpriced if anything. Nintendo is selling a console that probably costs them $80-90 to make for $200 (3DS XL). The Vita is an expensive unit to make. I mean was Sony even selling the Vita at a profit when it launched?

Vita is well priced for the hardware, but when you take into account the memory cards and $40+ games the value flies right out the window.
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 emgesp
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="godzillavskong"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"] I hate to use the 3rd party excuse but are you really relying on 3rd party games to bail out XBOX while they focus on their kinect B.S., would you really be ok with that another 6-7 years?...That's crazy

Yea that's pretty much been how it was for the past 3 gens. But I think that is attributed to Nintendo's weird controllers they used since the n64. It is as if they planned their system with only their first party games in mind. Now with the Wii U more traditional control scheme, I see this changing.

Nintendo makes their consoles for Nintendo devs. If third-party wants to get on board that's fine, but Nintendo feels they can live without them. Nintendo wants to please Nintendo. They live in their own little Nintendo world.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 godzillavskong
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="godzillavskong"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"] I hate to use the 3rd party excuse but are you really relying on 3rd party games to bail out XBOX while they focus on their kinect B.S., would you really be ok with that another 6-7 years?...That's crazy

I remember enjoying the hell outta my GameCube, but watched in despair as 3rd party support ignored it in favor of Sony's Playstation 2, and Microsoft's Xbox.
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 emgesp
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="emgesp"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"] That's Sony fault for dropping the ball. Sony still hasn't learned from overpricing their PS3 6 or 7 years ago. They released an over priced system with features that aren't necessary, and they did the samething with the Vita. It's overpriced bc of those terrible memory cards, and so are the games on PSN. No wonder the Vita is dying and this is coming from a Vita owner! So I know how good this system could be potentially. But potential is not always realized...

Vita is well priced for the hardware, but when you take into account the memory cards and $40+ games the value flies right out the window.

Agreed on the memory card prices. Sony probably inflated the prices on those cards to make up for the loss on the actual hardware. A memory card should be bundled in with every unit. 4GB SD Card costs next to nothing these days.
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 illmatic8582
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="godzillavskong"]Well, I think it has to do with Nintendo's track record of not going with the most powerful tech available, Instead opting for "innovative" control schemes , or their own proprietary format(GameCube) . Some devs are already calling the WiiU's tech low end, or insufficient(metro devs) . I think the Playstation and Xbox brands have already showed that they've tried to release their consoles with the higher end hardware. Personally I don't think Nintendo has to pursue the high end route, although they may become alienated by third party support later on, especially if Sony, and Microsoft release powerhouse systems, which will cause ports to the wiiU less than probable.godzillavskong

Time will tell. It almost just seems a little too late for Nintendo, as far as joining the HD console party. The wii wasn't sufficient enough for certain popular games to come to its system, and now, they finally release a HD Wii , while Microsoft readies its next console, with Sony possibly following suit.

I see where your coming from that is something I worry about also
Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
Because they will be /thread
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 illmatic8582
[QUOTE="godzillavskong"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="godzillavskong"] Microsoft relies on 3rd party support, while Nintendo is abandoned by it.

I remember enjoying the hell outta my GameCube, but watched in despair as 3rd party support ignored it in favor of Sony's Playstation 2, and Microsoft's Xbox.

I traded my gamecube years ago for a ps2 and GTA 3 haha I remember those feelings
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 godzillavskong
[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="godzillavskong"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"] I know some devs have spoken bad about the Wii U, but I am waiting for a more respected dev i.e. Rockstar, 2K etc to say something negative. Even if Metro was on the Wii U or any system I owned, i wouldnt even be on my radar, same with Crysis 3. Not to say that I don't care about 3rd party games bc I do, but who cares what some B level studio thinks.

Well, Nintendo has the best first party stuff out, so they can probably still survive off of that alone. " possibly "
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 emgesp

[QUOTE="illmatic8582"][QUOTE="godzillavskong"] Time will tell. It almost just seems a little too late for Nintendo, as far as joining the HD console party. The wii wasn't sufficient enough for certain popular games to come to its system, and now, they finally release a HD Wii , while Microsoft readies its next console, with Sony possibly following suit.godzillavskong

Well, Nintendo has the best first party stuff out, so they can probably still survive off of that alone. " possibly "

I prefer God of War and Uncharted over Mario Galaxy and Zelda. Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I'm not 10 anymore. Nintendo games are no longer relevant to me. Nintendo has been exactly the same since the NES days. The hardware has advanced, but their thinking hasn't. I mean New Super Mario Bros U is just a glorified Mario 3 with better visuals.

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

It is not that the PS4 will be powerful... It is that the Wii U's hardware is such **** that even the PS4 will outclass it by a large margin. Of course 720 will obliterate both as Sony is near broke and can not afford to take on Microsoft.Lightning_fan

Yet Valves console is rumored to be more powerful than both and Valve doesn't have the money to shine Sonys boots. Pretty sure Sony has more than enough money to fund a PS4. There wouldn't be a point in funding a week console. Doesn't take 50 billion to fund a console MS has always had more money than Sony, doesn't stop the PS brand from being stronger worldwide than Xbox. E3 will tell all, but believe what you want to believe. You'll be very disappointed. Devs that have kits have already said PS4 is a leap over PS3.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 emgesp

[QUOTE="Lightning_fan"]It is not that the PS4 will be powerful... It is that the Wii U's hardware is such **** that even the PS4 will outclass it by a large margin. Of course 720 will obliterate both as Sony is near broke and can not afford to take on Microsoft.NineTailedGoku

Yet Valves console is rumored to be more powerful than both and Valve doesn't have the money to shine Sonys boots. Pretty sure Sony has more than enough money to fund a PS4. There wouldn't be a point in funding a week console. Doesn't take 50 billion to fund a console MS has always had more money than Sony, doesn't stop the PS brand from being stronger worldwide than Xbox. E3 will tell all, but believe what you want to believe. You'll be very disappointed. Devs that have kits have already said PS4 is a leap over PS3.

Nobody knows for sure if it's really a closed system console, or just a Valve branded budget PC that runs "Big Picture". If it's just a PC in a small form factor then it won't sell like a console.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 godzillavskong

[QUOTE="godzillavskong"][QUOTE="illmatic8582"] I see where your coming from that is something I worry about alsoemgesp

I prefer God of War and Uncharted over Mario Galaxy and Zelda. Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I'm not 10 anymore. Nintendo games are no longer relevant to me. Nintendo has been exactly the same since the NES days. The hardware has advanced, but their thinking hasn't.

I can respect that. Still, like it or not, Nintendo's flagship titles are among the top of the food chain, if not the top, in the video game market. I'm glad a lot hasn't changed , with regards to some of their key franchises. I remember when Sega gave Sonic guns in one of their installments! I can only imagine how that woulda come across with Mario. Some things are good left alone. Nintendo is my least favorite player in the console game currently, and I prefer the 360, then the ps3 over them, but I can't deny their worth in the industry.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 godzillavskong
Sega Orbi will be more powerful than all of em!! :)
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"]Because the Wiiu is barley better than 7 year old consoles now. TheEroica
Damn it heil! You fuking nailed it. I was about to say the same

Me 2
illmatic8582

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 illmatic8582

I think many people will be in a rude awkening when they see footage of PS4/XBOX. I would be shocked if it's much better than the Wii U SHOCKED