Why do you think (insert current gen system) will come last in the console war?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
I'd like to hear the reasons of why people believe (insert system name, ie. Wii or PS3 or 360) will come last in this console war.

Do you think PS3 will come last?
Do you think 360 will come last?
Do you think Wii will come last?

All consoles have their pros and cons but which console has more cons than the rest, something that could force it to come last in the console war.

My personal opinion is that Wii will come last in this console war, but probably not by much. I think the main reason will be due to no big name 3rd party titles like GTAIV, RE5, Burnout etc, one of the major reasons the GC also lost.

But that's just my view. What do think will be the least selling console this gen and why do you believe this?
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
it will be wii 360 ps3
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
I'd say the PS3 will be last.  It's hard to pry that much money from people.
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tristam22
Member since 2006 • 1598 Posts
I'd say the PS3 will be last. It's hard to pry that much money from people.RahnAetas
TargetDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 TargetDog
Member since 2003 • 10076 Posts
[QUOTE="RahnAetas"]I'd say the PS3 will be last. It's hard to pry that much money from people.Tristam22

hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hellzhitman
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts
    The Evo :)
carl2tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 carl2tan
Member since 2003 • 1385 Posts

Wii>360>PS3

360 had a head start with 10 million sold. Wii is catching up to 360 fast (~5 million sold i think) and is still selling out.  PS3 had a weak launch and is currently sitting on shelves, not catching up to 360 as fast as Wii (>2 million sold).

Tony_aaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tony_aaaa
Member since 2007 • 475 Posts
I think that PS3 will be on the market the longest, but Wii will have the highest profit. 360 will be right in the middle of total sales and (lifetime) profit. Mainly due to PS3 being sold at such a huge loss. Sony HAS to keep it on the market to make their $$$ back. Wii has already "won" in that it always was sold for a profit. Even if it is discontinued today, it has still "won." 360 crossed over into profitability last year. It'll still take some time to make up MS's investment.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
[QUOTE="RahnAetas"]I'd say the PS3 will be last. It's hard to pry that much money from people.Tristam22

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts

[QUOTE="Tristam22"][QUOTE="RahnAetas"]I'd say the PS3 will be last. It's hard to pry that much money from people.MTBare

My thoughts and comments since PS3 was unveiled...

nacademy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nacademy
Member since 2004 • 227 Posts
*raises flameshield* I personally think the 360 could screw itself... they really need to realize that they need more than just great shooters and mediocre games in other genres to succeed.
Avatar image for LanceUppercut77
LanceUppercut77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LanceUppercut77
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts
I believe that the PS3 will come in last. Its true killer apps are far off, and I believe that by the time they are released everyone will have chosen one of the other consoles. If a console is not selling, it will get less support, which means less games. Less games means that less people will buy it. The fact that it is being sold for a loss doesn't help either. The price point isn't exactly attractive, and Sony cannot afford to drop it any time soon.
chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chester706
Member since 2007 • 3856 Posts
*raises flameshield* I personally think the 360 could screw itself... they really need to realize that they need more than just great shooters and mediocre games in other genres to succeed.nacademy
Oblivion isnt a mediocre RPG and they have Mass Affect coming out too. Also they could make more great RTS games like LOTR Battle for Middle Earth II. Another hit like Viva Pinata wouldnt hurt either. Those are some of the games that are not shooters that are good. Also shooters are actually working. And you know the saying. If it aint broke, dont fix it.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
360 lack of diversity when compared to PS3 and Wii library.
fartgorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fartgorilla
Member since 2005 • 785 Posts
There are too many undetermined factors to consider -- like the Wii's 3rd party support. They're effectively forcing developers to make every Wii game an exclusive. If it continues to whoop the competition the big publishers will jump on board and we'll see tons of crazy new stuff. Some of it will likely kick ass. The PS3 hasn't launched in Europe yet or dropped a single great title...there's no predicting the effect that either of those will have. Blu Ray could explode and ten million people might buy a PS3 for it...it could also implode, though. MS kicked off what already looked like the best year of software the Xbox division had ever seen by selling a million copies of Lost Planet -- the third (fourth? did Saint's Row...?) brand new IP to reach a million sales since the system's launch. And, of course, there's a new GTA this year, and it's coming to two consoles at once. Love it or hate it, there's never been a better system-seller than GTA (in the "West", anyway). This gen's still up in the air.
chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chester706
Member since 2007 • 3856 Posts
I cant see the 360 coming in last. The Wii either. That leaves the PS3.:)
Avatar image for deactivated-5d560a230ad3c
deactivated-5d560a230ad3c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 deactivated-5d560a230ad3c
Member since 2004 • 1546 Posts

The PS3 will finish last in mind for the follwoing reasons:

-Not enough bang at launch.  Launch day was the time when Sony had to proove to the world that what it said about its console was true and that it is worth the big price tag.  I'll let you determine whether they did that...

-Too much momentum surrounding the 360 and Wii:  word is out about what each of these consoles brings to the table.  The wii has enjoyed a HUGE band of early adopters, and the 360 timed its release of Gears of War to steal all of the next-gen thunder from the PS3. 

-Price Price Price:  The emperor has no clothes.  When Sony finally does drop their price, it will be a clear sign of weakness and show of no-confidence in its own product.  It'll happen, you just hold tight.

The games industry is pretty fickle, and the race is far from over.  Sony isn't out yet...but if asked to look at my crystal ball, the aforementioned is what it says to me.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
I would guess the 360.

Reasons

1) Japan - non factor
2) Europe -  The xbox didn't do very well , and the 360 hasn't exactly blown up thereyet either.

Nintendo can jump to second or first through the controller hype , sexy design , price , and the rising female demographic.