Sweeping generalisations aside.
1) Splatoon is immensely popular so yea, inklings would be recognisnisable more so than 90% of All Star's character roster.
2) Fire Emblem games have sold 3-5 million at their peak (per, the 3DS ones), alot of them repeat in games, and are popular on phones now too. This franchise is rather big. Much bigger than half the garbage on all-stars.
I wonder if Sony will ever make characters that people would like little statues of. probably not. Since they are mostly b grade movie game characters....
I mean look at this garbage list:
- Big Daddy (BioShock) Not even a Sony thing.
- Cole MacGrath (Infamous) who? generic bald macho lead #2131244
- Colonel Radec (Killzone) WHO? nobody from that game was memorable.
- Dante (DmC: Devil May Cry) a dead series that failed the test of time.
- Emmett Gravesa (Starhawk) Who?
- Evil Cole MacGrath (Infamous) filler....
- Fat Princess (Fat Princess) Whoa, amazing... would of been an assist trophy in Smash.
- Heihachi Mishima (Tekken) No good main lead eh? would be like including M Bison without Ryu ... jesus.
- Isaac Clarkea (Dead Space) not even a sony thing. and hardly noticable/memorable
- Jak and Daxter (Jak and Daxter) Interesting... about the most credible so far.
- Kat and Dustya (Gravity Rush) Yea.. ok. Not big leagues, but a fair choice.
- Kratos (God of War) Good. Makes sense. proper A tier.
- Nariko (Heavenly Sword) B Tier ... you complain about Fire Emblem yet look.
- Nathan Drake (Uncharted) Good. Makes Sense. Proper A Tier ... but still shit.
- Parappa (PaRappa the Rapper) teh ****..?
- Raiden (Metal Gear) Couldnt get SOLID SNAKE LOL
- Ratchet & Clank (Ratchet & Clank) Good Makes, sense.
- Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet) Good Makes sense. No Mario Mario or Sonic though is he? :D
- Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil) Assist Trophy at best.
- Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper) Assist Trophy at best.
- Spike (Ape Escape)Assist Trophy at best.
- Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)Assist Trophy at best.
- Toro Inoue (Doko Demo Issyo)Assist Trophy at best.
- Zeusa (God of War) Ok.
Weak, Weak, Weak.
Who CARES? I hope Sony doesn't have to end up selling toys of their characters because that means the gamescape is dry. You can line all these characters up with the Nintendo list and it's equally as boring. Who gives a shit about a bunch of mascots? Nintendo guys do, that's who. The fact that you're droning on about Nintendo's lame lineup of characters over Smash's gameplay speaks volumes.
Tell me something. If Smash Brothers didn't have all these characters, and was a game made by a third party company, would you buy it? Or would it just come off as a goofy party game? Be truthful.