Why do we continue to pretend Smash Bro is top tier?

Avatar image for TheEroica
#101 Posted by TheEroica (18328 posts) -

I'm playing it now and I don't know what happened but Im kinda loving it.... The fluidity of the Combat is more present and I'm having success using several characters. Hmmm.... Its kinda making me rethink. Will update.

Avatar image for Maroxad
#102 Posted by Maroxad (15186 posts) -

@TheEroica: To be fair... you played as Kirby ;)

Kirby is probably one of the dullest characters in the game.

Avatar image for Sevenizz
#103 Posted by Sevenizz (3214 posts) -

Is the new Smash game even new? I thought it was a deluxe version of the WiiU game?

Avatar image for Maroxad
#104 Posted by Maroxad (15186 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

Is the new Smash game even new? I thought it was a deluxe version of the WiiU game?

New Physics
Completely redesigned characters
New set of content
New Roster
Many Rules changes.

This is a new game

Avatar image for kali-b1rd
#105 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1879 posts) -
@TheEroica said:

@kali-b1rd: good post.. I used the word mundane because whether I am in smash mode, online or spirit world etc... Its still me doing the same thing every few minutes... That's not inherently bad, because lots of games operate this way, but it makes smash feel Ike it prioritizes collecting things over being immersed in great gameplay.

Take Kirby for example... I can literally spam up/down, B button and have the upper hand in every match that doesn't have some environmental traps. So I unlocked a dozen characters doing the same two moves, which admittedly was boring and also on my part maybe a little unnecessary.... Still, for me it's "why is this game special...?" I accept that it does fan service right and is a couch coop masterpiece, but a franchise that doesn't translate to compelling gameplay for everyone...

There is no hate, only perspective.

You could make the same argument about Diablo/Path of Exile etc, not really complex games, but the collecting of items is 90% of the reward mechanism. You can also say the same about any fighter really.

I can see where you are coming from though, in previous games you would get a new fighter by beating them , and they would be at "Medium" difficulty (same as ultimate really). But the spirit battles depending on their "rarity" go up to max difficulty (even 1 vs 4 sometimes) AND handicap you... or add bizarre modifiers in that make the game alot more difficult.

And as always, any real challenge in these games comes from PvP. I honestly can't imagine beating Level 9 AI with Kirby cheese alone, and definitively not players.

Unlocking characters isn't the big deal in Smash Ultimate (as there are tons, all of same medium difficulty) its the 1200+ spirit hunts with wildly different challenges, and the classic mode perfecting. I too thought "Hmm another move around the board and fight a.i over and over like DBZF, Dissidia etc"but the way it is handled is just flat out better.

@davillain- said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@TheEroica said:

Well that's because both Forza & GT are racing simulators, there's only so much you can do to a racing simulator. Kart racing is very different compare to other racing games. Karts using wacky items to pummel other racers while trying to win and both Mario Kart & Crash Team Racing just happens to be more fun cause they aren't simulators. And what makes Nintendo Sports/fighting games so much fun is, they are as close to "Extreme Sports" as we'll ever gonna get.

Yea I get that, but Smash is being compared to other fighters that you can argue are other sub-genres, so I felt it was ok to make the comparison for Kart vs Sims (both racers).

Avatar image for techhog89
#106 Posted by Techhog89 (3650 posts) -
@Sevenizz said:

Is the new Smash game even new? I thought it was a deluxe version of the WiiU game?

nice bait

Avatar image for Sgt_Crow
#107 Edited by Sgt_Crow (6050 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Smash Ultimate has diminishing returns, so spamming attacks or dodging too often will get you punished.

Avatar image for Sgt_Crow
#108 Posted by Sgt_Crow (6050 posts) -

@TheEroica: Good to hear. Just give it some time and experiment with different fighters. The game is easy to pick up, but it does have depth and is far from mundane. There’s a lot to master.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#109 Edited by KBFloYd (21509 posts) -

@Sevenizz said:

Is the new Smash game even new? I thought it was a deluxe version of the WiiU game?

a deluxe port that outsold the origianl release that was on 2 platforms in 1 month?

quite an impressive port ;-)

btw i know its not a port :P

Avatar image for Vatusus
#110 Edited by Vatusus (9218 posts) -

@kali-b1rd said:

Nathan Drake is not a good characters... and he was the poster child!

Well, he does have more personality than an italian plumber with a moustache that says nothing else than "itsa me, Mario!" Multi dimensional character right there... he's iconic because, well, there was nothing else better at the time. He's iconic cause he's old and his games are good. As a character though, tbh, he's sh*t

Arent you a PC gamer? I bet to you Nathan Drake is a bad character yet you gush all over somethin like Gordon Freeman... *rolls eyes*

Avatar image for Vatusus
#111 Posted by Vatusus (9218 posts) -

@Juub1990 said:

@Vatusus: PSAS is also trash so there’s that.

Nice opinion m8. One I dont share but... good to know

Avatar image for Juub1990
#112 Posted by Juub1990 (8366 posts) -
@Vatusus said:
@Juub1990 said:

@Vatusus: PSAS is also trash so there’s that.

Nice opinion m8. One I dont share but... good to know

Of course you don't share it, it's a Sony game and any trash they put out, you like.

Avatar image for Vatusus
#113 Posted by Vatusus (9218 posts) -

@Juub1990 said:
@Vatusus said:
@Juub1990 said:

@Vatusus: PSAS is also trash so there’s that.

Nice opinion m8. One I dont share but... good to know

Of course you don't share it, it's a Sony game and any trash they put out, you like.

If you had paid any attention you would know I dont like David Cage's games, or Persona 5 (not a sony game but an exclusive still)

try again

Avatar image for kali-b1rd
#114 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1879 posts) -
@Vatusus said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Nathan Drake is not a good characters... and he was the poster child!

Well, he does have more personality than an italian plumber with a moustache that says nothing else than "itsa me, Mario!" Multi dimensional character right there... he's iconic because, well, there was nothing else better at the time. He's iconic cause he's old and his games are good. As a character though, tbh, he's sh*t

Arent you a PC gamer? I bet to you Nathan Drake is a bad character yet you gush all over somethin like Gordon Freeman... *rolls eyes*

Spoken like someone that doesn't understand what makes a great character.

"more personality" ah yes, a b grade indiana jones wannabe so amazing...

No, Gordon Freeman isn't a tier I would accept, and hes been inactive since what 2004? Mario has consistantly pumped out great games for many years. Uncharted 4 was barely a game.

Avatar image for Vatusus
#115 Edited by Vatusus (9218 posts) -

@kali-b1rd said:

Mario has consistantly pumped out great games for many years. Uncharted 4 was barely a game.

Irrelevant. We're talking about characters, not games. Mario is a sh*t character by todays standards

also, being a variant of some other good character isnt a bad thing. Han Solo is just Indiana Jones in space and he's also loved

Avatar image for kali-b1rd
#116 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1879 posts) -
@Vatusus said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Mario has consistantly pumped out great games for many years. Uncharted 4 was barely a game.

Irrelevant. We're talking about characters, not games. Mario is a sh*t character by todays standards

also, being a variant of some other good character isnt a bad thing. Han Solo is just Indiana Jones in space and he's also loved

Oh do elaborate. "By today's standards" ... your outlook on what makes an iconic characters is short sighted.

Avatar image for omegamaster
#117 Posted by omegaMaster (1167 posts) -

It is top tier, but not god tier.

Avatar image for Vatusus
#118 Edited by Vatusus (9218 posts) -

@kali-b1rd said:
@Vatusus said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Mario has consistantly pumped out great games for many years. Uncharted 4 was barely a game.

Irrelevant. We're talking about characters, not games. Mario is a sh*t character by todays standards

also, being a variant of some other good character isnt a bad thing. Han Solo is just Indiana Jones in space and he's also loved

Oh do elaborate. "By today's standards" ... your outlook on what makes an iconic characters is short sighted.

Nah, its rational sighetd. Mario has the personality of a rock. He probably has some mental deficiency. He lives to save princess peach over and over again only to let her being kidnapped by Bowser for the 100th time. Some great multi-layered character right there. He has a catch phrase and does what some mushrooms tells him to without even questioning his reasonings... thats it (btw, I'm not talking out of my a**, I actually played the first Super Mario Bros game and Super Mario Galaxy, so I have some experience with the character). He became iconic because he was one of the first videogame characters to come out, nothing else. Was it today and it would be lost in memory, surpassed by dozens of other greater characters then him but who got forgotten

Now I want you to explain why you think Mario is a good character

Avatar image for deactivated-5c3254787e106
#119 Posted by deactivated-5c3254787e106 (16 posts) -

Well compared to the Wii and Wii U Smash games it's top tier. :P

Avatar image for nintendoboy16
#120 Posted by nintendoboy16 (35765 posts) -
@Vatusus said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Vatusus said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Mario has consistantly pumped out great games for many years. Uncharted 4 was barely a game.

Irrelevant. We're talking about characters, not games. Mario is a sh*t character by todays standards

also, being a variant of some other good character isnt a bad thing. Han Solo is just Indiana Jones in space and he's also loved

Oh do elaborate. "By today's standards" ... your outlook on what makes an iconic characters is short sighted.

Nah, its rational sighetd. Mario has the personality of a rock. He probably has some mental deficiency. He lives to save princess peach over and over again only to let her being kidnapped by Bowser for the 100th time. Some great multi-layered character right there. He has a catch phrase and does what some mushrooms tells him to without even questioning his reasonings... thats it (btw, I'm not talking out of my a**, I actually played the first Super Mario Bros game and Super Mario Galaxy, so I have some experience with the character). He became iconic because he was one of the first videogame characters to come out, nothing else. Was it today and it would be lost in memory, surpassed by dozens of other greater characters then him but who got forgotten

Now I want you to explain why you think Mario is a good character

I'm sorry, but most anyone who calls themselves "rational" tend not to be.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#121 Edited by BenjaminBanklin (4126 posts) -
@Sgt_Crow said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Of course cows wouldn’t spend any time with Splatoon. It’s a game where you actually have to control your character 100% of the time. That shit is like next level when you’re used to interactive movies that constantly take away control to show you cutscenes or flashy scripted moves.

The only multiplayer games you've been exposed is the same ol' split-screen multiplayer crap that's been around since the 90s. Pretending like you're a real multiplayer vet when Nintendo's online have been a shambles from the jump. You're talking way too big for a group of people that only just now got past friend codes.

@KBFloYd said:

i bet you if call of duty 4 was a wii game no one would have bought it either.

Nintendo fans don't get CoD games, or most big games because they don't buy 'em anyway. If it doesn't have mushrooms and princesses you're totally at a loss how to play it.

Avatar image for FireEmblem_Man
#122 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19286 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Of course cows wouldn’t spend any time with Splatoon. It’s a game where you actually have to control your character 100% of the time. That shit is like next level when you’re used to interactive movies that constantly take away control to show you cutscenes or flashy scripted moves.

The only multiplayer games you've been exposed is the same ol' split-screen multiplayer crap that's been around since the 90s. Pretending like you're a real multiplayer vet when Nintendo's online have been a shambles from the jump. You're talking way too big for a group of people that only just now got past friend codes.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Sony isn't good with Multiplayers neither! Sony sucked in split screen as well sucks in Online.

Avatar image for FireEmblem_Man
#123 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19286 posts) -
@nintendoboy16 said:
@Vatusus said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Vatusus said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Mario has consistantly pumped out great games for many years. Uncharted 4 was barely a game.

Irrelevant. We're talking about characters, not games. Mario is a sh*t character by todays standards

also, being a variant of some other good character isnt a bad thing. Han Solo is just Indiana Jones in space and he's also loved

Oh do elaborate. "By today's standards" ... your outlook on what makes an iconic characters is short sighted.

Nah, its rational sighetd. Mario has the personality of a rock. He probably has some mental deficiency. He lives to save princess peach over and over again only to let her being kidnapped by Bowser for the 100th time. Some great multi-layered character right there. He has a catch phrase and does what some mushrooms tells him to without even questioning his reasonings... thats it (btw, I'm not talking out of my a**, I actually played the first Super Mario Bros game and Super Mario Galaxy, so I have some experience with the character). He became iconic because he was one of the first videogame characters to come out, nothing else. Was it today and it would be lost in memory, surpassed by dozens of other greater characters then him but who got forgotten

Now I want you to explain why you think Mario is a good character

I'm sorry, but most anyone who calls themselves "rational" tend not to be.

Wait what did I just read? Are Cows really salty on how successful Main Mario games have been that they go attacked how "Under-developed" his personality does? LOL! At least Mario games don't need long and boring cutscenes to explain who he is. Why Mario games have been successful isn't nostalgia, but how they're more fun than watching a wannabe movie that is Uncharted.

Avatar image for 93BlackHawk93
#124 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (8598 posts) -
@ajstyles said:

It’s just another overrated Nintendo game by their delusional fanboys.

Nintendo makes 7/10 quality games but their rabid insane fan base hypes them as 11/10 games causing reviewers to inflate their scores because they are scared of losing page hits.

Are you butthurt Smash is not the niche franchise you thought it was, Stuff?

FASTEST SELLING EXCLUSIVE OF 2018

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#125 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4126 posts) -
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Of course cows wouldn’t spend any time with Splatoon. It’s a game where you actually have to control your character 100% of the time. That shit is like next level when you’re used to interactive movies that constantly take away control to show you cutscenes or flashy scripted moves.

The only multiplayer games you've been exposed is the same ol' split-screen multiplayer crap that's been around since the 90s. Pretending like you're a real multiplayer vet when Nintendo's online have been a shambles from the jump. You're talking way too big for a group of people that only just now got past friend codes.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Sony isn't good with Multiplayers neither! Sony sucked in split screen as well sucks in Online.

How the hell do you know with your little Mario Kart playing butt? Sony was SOCOM, MAG, Warhawk, Everquest, Uncharted multi, The Last of Us multi, Resistance multi, The Show, as well as having access to all the big third-party games with multi on their consoles. Nintendo systems are "My child's first online" except the people playing them are old people too goofy to know any better. HAHAHA! You'll never get to wear big boy pants.

Avatar image for jeezers
#126 Posted by jeezers (2362 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: sony hasnt done shit as far as multiplayer games this, everything you listed is from last gen except mlb the show

Avatar image for jeezers
#127 Edited by jeezers (2362 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: seeing a detailed report on why Mario is a bad video game character from cows has me cracking up, this is why I still come to system wars if only link was nathan drake lol

Hell donkey kong is a more develeped character than nathan draken would wooop his indiana jones ass as well lmao

Avatar image for Jag85
#128 Edited by Jag85 (13167 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Smash Bros is like the Mario Kart of fighting games. Its controls are simplified and easier for casuals than Street Fighter. You don't have to do any motions on a D-pad or stick to do special moves, but could do them with simple button presses/combinations. There are also optional power-ups which give noobs a chance of beating skilled players... But of course those power-ups can be turned off for competitive skill-based matches. It has just enough depth for skilled players as well.

...With that said, I haven't played the latest Smash, so not sure about its online mode.

Avatar image for FireEmblem_Man
#129 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (19286 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Of course cows wouldn’t spend any time with Splatoon. It’s a game where you actually have to control your character 100% of the time. That shit is like next level when you’re used to interactive movies that constantly take away control to show you cutscenes or flashy scripted moves.

The only multiplayer games you've been exposed is the same ol' split-screen multiplayer crap that's been around since the 90s. Pretending like you're a real multiplayer vet when Nintendo's online have been a shambles from the jump. You're talking way too big for a group of people that only just now got past friend codes.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Sony isn't good with Multiplayers neither! Sony sucked in split screen as well sucks in Online.

How the hell do you know with your little Mario Kart playing butt? Sony was SOCOM, MAG, Warhawk, Everquest, Uncharted multi, The Last of Us multi, Resistance multi, The Show, as well as having access to all the big third-party games with multi on their consoles. Nintendo systems are "My child's first online" except the people playing them are old people too goofy to know any better. HAHAHA! You'll never get to wear big boy pants.

So you have to damage control by listing PS3 games no one is playing anymore to one up Nintendo's current multiplayer? LOL!

Besides, how active is the Last of Us as well as Uncharted 4's multiplayer? Probably non-existent as at least Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 DX, and Smash Bros. Ultimate are considered worthy E-Sports titles, something Sony doesn't have LOL

Avatar image for FireEmblem_Man
#130 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19286 posts) -
@jeezers said:

@FireEmblem_Man: seeing a detailed report on why Mario is a bad video game character from cows has me cracking up, this is why I still come to system wars if only link was nathan drake lol

Hell donkey kong is a more develeped character than nathan draken would wooop his indiana jones ass as well lmao

Pretty much! They're iconic for a reason, Sony has no iconic characters which has them foaming mad cow disease

Avatar image for FireEmblem_Man
#131 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19286 posts) -
@93BlackHawk93 said:
@ajstyles said:

It’s just another overrated Nintendo game by their delusional fanboys.

Nintendo makes 7/10 quality games but their rabid insane fan base hypes them as 11/10 games causing reviewers to inflate their scores because they are scared of losing page hits.

Are you butthurt Smash is not the niche franchise you thought it was, Stuff?

FASTEST SELLING EXCLUSIVE OF 2018

Wait who is he? Also does he not know that WWE's AJ Styles is both a huge Nintendo and Xbox Fanboy?

Avatar image for Gamerno6666
#132 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6568 posts) -

I find everyone else enjoyable from the uncharted series apart from Nathan Drake. I hate him.

Avatar image for 93BlackHawk93
#133 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (8598 posts) -
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@93BlackHawk93 said:
@ajstyles said:

It’s just another overrated Nintendo game by their delusional fanboys.

Nintendo makes 7/10 quality games but their rabid insane fan base hypes them as 11/10 games causing reviewers to inflate their scores because they are scared of losing page hits.

Are you butthurt Smash is not the niche franchise you thought it was, Stuff?

FASTEST SELLING EXCLUSIVE OF 2018

Wait who is he? Also does he not know that WWE's AJ Styles is both a huge Nintendo and Xbox Fanboy?

The dumbass that got banned for joking about the earthquake hitting Nintendo.

Avatar image for FireEmblem_Man
#134 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19286 posts) -
@93BlackHawk93 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@93BlackHawk93 said:
@ajstyles said:

It’s just another overrated Nintendo game by their delusional fanboys.

Nintendo makes 7/10 quality games but their rabid insane fan base hypes them as 11/10 games causing reviewers to inflate their scores because they are scared of losing page hits.

Are you butthurt Smash is not the niche franchise you thought it was, Stuff?

FASTEST SELLING EXCLUSIVE OF 2018

Wait who is he? Also does he not know that WWE's AJ Styles is both a huge Nintendo and Xbox Fanboy?

The dumbass that got banned for joking about the earthquake hitting Nintendo.

Makes a lot of sense

Avatar image for jeezers
#135 Posted by jeezers (2362 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: they used to have spyro, crash, solid snake, now they got nothing for real

Avatar image for kali-b1rd
#136 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1879 posts) -
@Vatusus said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Vatusus said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Mario has consistantly pumped out great games for many years. Uncharted 4 was barely a game.

Irrelevant. We're talking about characters, not games. Mario is a sh*t character by todays standards

also, being a variant of some other good character isnt a bad thing. Han Solo is just Indiana Jones in space and he's also loved

Oh do elaborate. "By today's standards" ... your outlook on what makes an iconic characters is short sighted.

Nah, its rational sighetd. Mario has the personality of a rock. He probably has some mental deficiency. He lives to save princess peach over and over again only to let her being kidnapped by Bowser for the 100th time. Some great multi-layered character right there. He has a catch phrase and does what some mushrooms tells him to without even questioning his reasonings... thats it (btw, I'm not talking out of my a**, I actually played the first Super Mario Bros game and Super Mario Galaxy, so I have some experience with the character). He became iconic because he was one of the first videogame characters to come out, nothing else. Was it today and it would be lost in memory, surpassed by dozens of other greater characters then him but who got forgotten

Now I want you to explain why you think Mario is a good character

Thanks for proving my point.

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Of course cows wouldn’t spend any time with Splatoon. It’s a game where you actually have to control your character 100% of the time. That shit is like next level when you’re used to interactive movies that constantly take away control to show you cutscenes or flashy scripted moves.

The only multiplayer games you've been exposed is the same ol' split-screen multiplayer crap that's been around since the 90s. Pretending like you're a real multiplayer vet when Nintendo's online have been a shambles from the jump. You're talking way too big for a group of people that only just now got past friend codes.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Sony isn't good with Multiplayers neither! Sony sucked in split screen as well sucks in Online.

How the hell do you know with your little Mario Kart playing butt? Sony was SOCOM, MAG, Warhawk, Everquest, Uncharted multi, The Last of Us multi, Resistance multi, The Show, as well as having access to all the big third-party games with multi on their consoles. Nintendo systems are "My child's first online" except the people playing them are old people too goofy to know any better. HAHAHA! You'll never get to wear big boy pants.

SOCOM - was small time MP

Warhawk - was small time MP - literally cows desperate to say "look we have a good MP focused game" ... only it competed with nothing.

Everquest - Ah you mean back when they made PC centric games 20 years ago? yea... not selling MODERN Sony there pal.

Uncharted multi LOL even when UC2 Multi went free it was still small time unmemorable.

Last of Us - same again, different, but still lost as a "nothing MP" in time.

Resistance - really.... hes talking GOOD mp games.

Honestly I'm suprised you didnt do the cliche "Killzone 2 MP was great!" even though it had HIT DELAY ... jesus.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#137 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4126 posts) -
@jeezers said:

@BenjaminBanklin: sony hasnt done shit as far as multiplayer games this, everything you listed is from last gen except mlb the show

Uncharted 4 isn't from last gen, genius. They've already had Killzone MP, Gran Turismo Sport, Bloodborne etc, not to mention playing host to all the huge third party games that Nintendo will never see. You know, the reason that Nintendo is talking about mobile games again because they can't get the licensing from other publishers to make the same money as their rivals,

Nintendo's competitors have better networks than Nintendo does by a long shot because they're still in the stone age as to how to get it right. AND they want you to pay for it now which is ridiculous.

@FireEmblem_Man said:

So you have to damage control by listing PS3 games no one is playing anymore to one up Nintendo's current multiplayer? LOL!

Besides, how active is the Last of Us as well as Uncharted 4's multiplayer? Probably non-existent as at least Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 DX, and Smash Bros. Ultimate are considered worthy E-Sports titles, something Sony doesn't have LOL

I'm saying you're still playing super chintzy games that are the same variants of the stuff you played in the 90s on a worse network, and you have to cough up money for it now. Worthy E-Sports titles! HA! Mario Kart is basically a game of Uno on wheels. That crap is so random and really meant for kids. You guys keep trying to adultify all of Nintendo's kid friendly content on a competitive level. You probably think Mario Party and Mario Tennis are E-sports worthy titles too. WAHAHAHA! You people would get creamed in real muliplayer games.

@kali-b1rd said:

Thanks for proving my point.

SOCOM - was small time MP

Warhawk - was small time MP - literally cows desperate to say "look we have a good MP focused game" ... only it competed with nothing.

Everquest - Ah you mean back when they made PC centric games 20 years ago? yea... not selling MODERN Sony there pal.

Uncharted multi LOL even when UC2 Multi went free it was still small time unmemorable.

Last of Us - same again, different, but still lost as a "nothing MP" in time.

Resistance - really.... hes talking GOOD mp games.

Honestly I'm suprised you didnt do the cliche "Killzone 2 MP was great!" even though it had HIT DELAY ... jesus.

Ah stuff it. Someone who doesn't even play video games for grown men is supposed to talk at us like he knows anything about it, or how it's supposed to be done. You people are just emerging from friend codes. Grown men who had to be baby sat on their own console can't tell anybody the value of multiplayer titles on other consoles. HAHAHA! Sony and Microsoft did this way better, as does EVERY company not named Nintendo.

Get outta here with your party games made for soccer families. Nintendo is the training wheels of home consoles, and you people have never been able to take them off.

Avatar image for kali-b1rd
#138 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1879 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@jeezers said:

@BenjaminBanklin: sony hasnt done shit as far as multiplayer games this, everything you listed is from last gen except mlb the show

Uncharted 4 isn't from last gen, genius. They've already had Killzone MP, Gran Turismo Sport, Bloodborne etc, not to mention playing host to all the huge third party games that Nintendo will never see. You know, the reason that Nintendo is talking about mobile games again because they can't get the licensing from other publishers to make the same money as their rivals,

Nintendo's competitors have better networks than Nintendo does by a long shot because they're still in the stone age as to how to get it right. AND they want you to pay for it now which is ridiculous.

@FireEmblem_Man said:

So you have to damage control by listing PS3 games no one is playing anymore to one up Nintendo's current multiplayer? LOL!

Besides, how active is the Last of Us as well as Uncharted 4's multiplayer? Probably non-existent as at least Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 DX, and Smash Bros. Ultimate are considered worthy E-Sports titles, something Sony doesn't have LOL

I'm saying you're still playing super chintzy games that are the same variants of the stuff you played in the 90s on a worse network, and you have to cough up money for it now. Worthy E-Sports titles! HA! Mario Kart is basically a game of Uno on wheels. That crap is so random and really meant for kids. You guys keep trying to adultify all of Nintendo's kid friendly content on a competitive level. You probably think Mario Party and Mario Tennis are E-sports worthy titles too. WAHAHAHA! You people would get creamed in real muliplayer games.

@kali-b1rd said:

Thanks for proving my point.

SOCOM - was small time MP

Warhawk - was small time MP - literally cows desperate to say "look we have a good MP focused game" ... only it competed with nothing.

Everquest - Ah you mean back when they made PC centric games 20 years ago? yea... not selling MODERN Sony there pal.

Uncharted multi LOL even when UC2 Multi went free it was still small time unmemorable.

Last of Us - same again, different, but still lost as a "nothing MP" in time.

Resistance - really.... hes talking GOOD mp games.

Honestly I'm suprised you didnt do the cliche "Killzone 2 MP was great!" even though it had HIT DELAY ... jesus.

Ah stuff it. Someone who doesn't even play video games for grown men is supposed to talk at us like he knows anything about it, or how it's supposed to be done. You people are just emerging from friend codes. Grown men who had to be baby sat on their own console can't tell anybody the value of multiplayer titles on other consoles. HAHAHA! Sony and Microsoft did this way better, as does EVERY company not named Nintendo.

Get outta here with your party games made for soccer families. Nintendo is the training wheels of home consoles, and you people have never been able to take them off.

That's a long winded trantrum way of saying "I can't really argue with your point". you KNOW I'm a Hermit, so yea, I do understand MP mate... long before a console-only gamer would of. I also grew up and have played both every single generation.

Nintendo have provided gamers with some fantastic multiplayer games (both LAN and Online) ... Sony has come up luke warm with MANY attempts.

Simple reality there for you. But I accept your little fake narrative as a sign of no real retort.

Avatar image for techhog89
#139 Posted by Techhog89 (3650 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:
@Sevenizz said:

Is the new Smash game even new? I thought it was a deluxe version of the WiiU game?

a deluxe port that outsold the origianl release that was on 2 platforms in 1 month?

quite an impressive port ;-)

btw i know its not a port :P

FYI it definitely hasn't outsold 3DS + Wii U combined. It will by the end of this year, but it's impossible for that to have happened in December.

Avatar image for techhog89
#140 Posted by Techhog89 (3650 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Nintendo fans don't get CoD games, or most big games because they don't buy 'em anyway. If it doesn't have mushrooms and princesses you're totally at a loss how to play it.

RIP Pokemon players

Avatar image for mojito1988
#141 Posted by mojito1988 (3434 posts) -

@techhog89 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Nintendo fans don't get CoD games, or most big games because they don't buy 'em anyway. If it doesn't have mushrooms and princesses you're totally at a loss how to play it.

RIP Pokemon players

Xenoblade Games have LOTS of shrooms!

Avatar image for FireEmblem_Man
#142 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19286 posts) -

Poor @BenjaminBanklin, doesn't know how to have fun with multiplayer games, only stuck with unpopular multiplayer games last gen, and is completely still salty that Nintendo makes multiplayer better than Sony

Avatar image for jaydan
#143 Posted by jaydan (1993 posts) -
@Vatusus said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Mario has consistantly pumped out great games for many years. Uncharted 4 was barely a game.

Irrelevant. We're talking about characters, not games. Mario is a sh*t character by todays standards

also, being a variant of some other good character isnt a bad thing. Han Solo is just Indiana Jones in space and he's also loved

Your shit is funny. By today's standards, Mario is still one of the most famous and beloved video game characters.

By today's standards more people will say "who?" to Nathan Drake. With today's standards I can show a picture of both Mario and Nathan Drake to strangers on the street, and more people won't even pay attention to Nathan Drake because they noticed Mario first and have actual memories with the character.

Sorry Nathan Drake, but you're not that famous.

Avatar image for jackamomo
#144 Posted by Jackamomo (2157 posts) -

@KBFloYd: it's arguably the best fighting game series of all time.

I'm not sure how you're arguing that.

I would call it a 'party brawler' and not a fighting game at all.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#145 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4126 posts) -
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Poor @BenjaminBanklin, doesn't know how to have fun with multiplayer games, only stuck with unpopular multiplayer games last gen, and is completely still salty that Nintendo makes multiplayer better than Sony

Please, Nintendo's two best games this gen aren't even multiplayer. You people only know what multiplayer is when Nintendo gives it to you, while the rest of the world just shrugs at those games.

Avatar image for KBFloYd
#146 Posted by KBFloYd (21509 posts) -

@jackamomo said:

@KBFloYd: it's arguably the best fighting game series of all time.

I'm not sure how you're arguing that.

I would call it a 'party brawler' and not a fighting game at all.

party brawler? some nice mental gymnastics your brain does to not call it a fighting game.

Avatar image for kali-b1rd
#147 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1879 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Poor @BenjaminBanklin, doesn't know how to have fun with multiplayer games, only stuck with unpopular multiplayer games last gen, and is completely still salty that Nintendo makes multiplayer better than Sony

Please, Nintendo's two best games this gen aren't even multiplayer. You people only know what multiplayer is when Nintendo gives it to you, while the rest of the world just shrugs at those games.

Look at those narrow goal posts! so desperate!

Literally the only half-decent MP game Sony has under its belt this gen is Bloodborne, and that's just a purchased re-skin of games available on all systems.... and hardly top tier in MP.

They even tried to copy Nintendo with that All Stars crapped and bombed because 1) they can't make AMAZING MP gameplay , 2) The characters were terrible in comparison.

But hey, you win the in the 3rd person action movie game department, so take that and walk away with some dignity.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#148 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4126 posts) -
@kali-b1rd said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Poor @BenjaminBanklin, doesn't know how to have fun with multiplayer games, only stuck with unpopular multiplayer games last gen, and is completely still salty that Nintendo makes multiplayer better than Sony

Please, Nintendo's two best games this gen aren't even multiplayer. You people only know what multiplayer is when Nintendo gives it to you, while the rest of the world just shrugs at those games.

Look at those narrow goal posts! so desperate!

Literally the only half-decent MP game Sony has under its belt this gen is Bloodborne, and that's just a purchased re-skin of games available on all systems.... and hardly top tier in MP.

They even tried to copy Nintendo with that All Stars crapped and bombed because 1) they can't make AMAZING MP gameplay , 2) The characters were terrible in comparison.

But hey, you win the in the 3rd person action movie game department, so take that and walk away with some dignity.

Sony people aren't the same kinds of drones as Nintendo fans when it comes to characters. You people will literally buy ANYthing with Nintendo characters in it. And every character Nintendo creates is treated like a god forged it and given to the plebs to worship. Are the Fire Emblem characters and Inklings that interesting? No.

It's weird. You people bought Amiibos in droves. Toys. Because they were made from Nintendo characters. That kind of indoctrination is just kind of odd for grown ups to display, don't you think? I mean, the Bowsette wasn't even an official creation and you guys skeeved out the internet in record time with it.

Avatar image for jeezers
#149 Posted by jeezers (2362 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin: your a fool, you talk to Nintendo fans like they strictly only play nintendo, I play pc, ps4 and switch, sony makes the worst MP out of the 3, (actually out of the 4 including xbox) the only MP games worth playing on PlayStation are 3rd party like (rainbow six or overwatch), games that are also on pc and xbox, at least Nintendo supports MP well with thier own IPs especially local MP, I would argue Nintendo is in the lead for local couch MP out of all of them.

Nobody plays uncharted 4 mp, you cant say Nintendo fans dont know good multiplayer and then throw up uncharted 4, that multiplayer is bland and badly designed. You bring up killzone, one of the most generic borring shooters this gen, face it when sony makes a MP game its bad, makes you look like the one who doesnt know shit about MP games.

Bloodbourne is the best one, and thats a SP game with some small MP aspects, the game is good but its not good for its MP get real

Avatar image for kali-b1rd
#150 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1879 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Poor @BenjaminBanklin, doesn't know how to have fun with multiplayer games, only stuck with unpopular multiplayer games last gen, and is completely still salty that Nintendo makes multiplayer better than Sony

Please, Nintendo's two best games this gen aren't even multiplayer. You people only know what multiplayer is when Nintendo gives it to you, while the rest of the world just shrugs at those games.

Look at those narrow goal posts! so desperate!

Literally the only half-decent MP game Sony has under its belt this gen is Bloodborne, and that's just a purchased re-skin of games available on all systems.... and hardly top tier in MP.

They even tried to copy Nintendo with that All Stars crapped and bombed because 1) they can't make AMAZING MP gameplay , 2) The characters were terrible in comparison.

But hey, you win the in the 3rd person action movie game department, so take that and walk away with some dignity.

Sony people aren't the same kinds of drones as Nintendo fans when it comes to characters. You people will literally buy ANYthing with Nintendo characters in it. And every character Nintendo creates is treated like a god forged it and given to the plebs to worship. Are the Fire Emblem characters and Inklings that interesting? No.

It's weird. You people bought Amiibos in droves. Toys. Because they were made from Nintendo characters. That kind of indoctrination is just kind of odd for grown ups to display, don't you think? I mean, the Bowsette wasn't even an official creation and you guys skeeved out the internet in record time with it.

Sweeping generalisations aside.

1) Splatoon is immensely popular so yea, inklings would be recognisnisable more so than 90% of All Star's character roster.

2) Fire Emblem games have sold 3-5 million at their peak (per, the 3DS ones), alot of them repeat in games, and are popular on phones now too. This franchise is rather big. Much bigger than half the garbage on all-stars.

I wonder if Sony will ever make characters that people would like little statues of. probably not. Since they are mostly b grade movie game characters....

I mean look at this garbage list:

  • Big Daddy (BioShock) Not even a Sony thing.
  • Cole MacGrath (Infamous) who? generic bald macho lead #2131244
  • Colonel Radec (Killzone) WHO? nobody from that game was memorable.
  • Dante (DmC: Devil May Cry) a dead series that failed the test of time.
  • Emmett Gravesa (Starhawk) Who?
  • Evil Cole MacGrath (Infamous) filler....
  • Fat Princess (Fat Princess) Whoa, amazing... would of been an assist trophy in Smash.
  • Heihachi Mishima (Tekken) No good main lead eh? would be like including M Bison without Ryu ... jesus.
  • Isaac Clarkea (Dead Space) not even a sony thing. and hardly noticable/memorable
  • Jak and Daxter (Jak and Daxter) Interesting... about the most credible so far.
  • Kat and Dustya (Gravity Rush) Yea.. ok. Not big leagues, but a fair choice.
  • Kratos (God of War) Good. Makes sense. proper A tier.
  • Nariko (Heavenly Sword) B Tier ... you complain about Fire Emblem yet look.
  • Nathan Drake (Uncharted) Good. Makes Sense. Proper A Tier ... but still shit.
  • Parappa (PaRappa the Rapper) teh ****..?
  • Raiden (Metal Gear) Couldnt get SOLID SNAKE LOL
  • Ratchet & Clank (Ratchet & Clank) Good Makes, sense.
  • Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet) Good Makes sense. No Mario Mario or Sonic though is he? :D
  • Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil) Assist Trophy at best.
  • Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper) Assist Trophy at best.
  • Spike (Ape Escape)Assist Trophy at best.
  • Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)Assist Trophy at best.
  • Toro Inoue (Doko Demo Issyo)Assist Trophy at best.
  • Zeusa (God of War) Ok.

Weak, Weak, Weak.