Why do Sony exclusives have so many cutscenes...

• 79 results
#1 Posted by DonaId (96 posts) -

Even the ones where story looks like it was put on the back burner have an abundance of cutscenes.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/days-gone-cutscenes-length-time-beat/amp/

6 hours of the tale of Deacon St John the biker lol.

I can’t fathom how long the cutscenes for a story heavy game like the Last of Us 2 will be and last gen had MGS4... Death Stranding will probably take the crown.

Only exception is the wipeout games which the developer was shut down.

#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (52749 posts) -

You need to stop...

#3 Edited by DonaId (96 posts) -

@lundy86_4:

Why because I like playing games and not watching movies?

#4 Posted by XVision84 (15802 posts) -

Because they're awesome

Avatar image for superfluousreal
#5 Posted by SuperfluousReal (253 posts) -

Ehh i kinda find it more annoying that the highly rated ones like Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls & Detroit are literally like saying here is a controller, now repeat after me, when this happens, twist your thumb stick in some awkward way so that we can pretend you have any interaction in this movie.

God of War & Horizon though, great games.

Don't get me started on the trash that has become Gran Turismo Sport.

RIP GT 1996 - 2005.

#6 Edited by DonaId (96 posts) -

@XVision84:

According to rejected movie reviewers who most game critics are.

To true gamers we value pure unadulterated gameplay.

Sony and Hideo Kojima are the anti christ to video games , I am seething with anger thinking of them

#7 Posted by ahmedkhan1994 (713 posts) -

Because they add depth to the game? How else do you expect to learn the story of a game? I assume you loved destiny 1 for having barely any worthy cutscenes and having all the lore on the bungie website....

#8 Posted by lundy86_4 (52749 posts) -

@DonaId: No, solely because this is a stupid thread. Days Gone is reported to have 6hrs of cut scenes in a 30hr game. Plus, you're playing a tired cliché at this point.

#9 Posted by SuperfluousReal (253 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

@DonaId: No, solely because this is a stupid thread. Days Gone is reported to have 6hrs of cut scenes in a 30hr game. Plus, you're playing a tired cliché at this point.

6 hours is half a day.

#10 Posted by XVision84 (15802 posts) -

@DonaId: Then it feels good to be a fake gamer :P

I hear green tea and meditation helps with anger.

#11 Edited by Pedro (34012 posts) -

I wish it was exclusive to Sony but its not, Kingdom Hearts 3 comes to mind. They refuse to allow the play to game for more than 15 minutes consecutively.

#12 Posted by BoxRekt (980 posts) -

@superfluousreal said:
@lundy86_4 said:

6 hours is half a day.

Stay in school bud.

#13 Edited by SuperfluousReal (253 posts) -

@boxrekt said:
@superfluousreal said:
@lundy86_4 said:

6 hours is half a day.

Stay in school bud.

Well nobody stays awake 24 hours normally.

Common sense >>>>> school.

#14 Posted by Gatygun (1431 posts) -

Reason i play mmo's/moba's/rts Pure gameplay. For story's i will just watch a movie on the side and have a better experience.

#15 Posted by DonaId (96 posts) -

The average male body needs 8 hours of sleep and the female needs 12 I believe. So if the poster is a female than 6 hours is half a day

#16 Posted by lundy86_4 (52749 posts) -

@superfluousreal: It's... Not.

#17 Posted by npiet1 (2104 posts) -

@superfluousreal: hr, b2s and Detroit are all ment to be like that though. It's just a choose your own adventure game.

#18 Posted by lundy86_4 (52749 posts) -

This is officially the fucking dumbest thread i've been in. There is a debate that 6-hours is equal to half a day. The math is absurd.

#19 Posted by RicanV (2607 posts) -

@superfluousreal said:
@lundy86_4 said:

6 hours is half a day.

This thread is wonderful. Honestly, I thought it was going to be the same ol' cutscene complaint thread that pops up every 3 or so months and it very much is but there may be some gems here.

#20 Posted by DonaId (96 posts) -

@lundy86_4:

It is half the day for over 50% of the population so going by majority rule it is a correct assumption.

#21 Posted by lundy86_4 (52749 posts) -

Let's get all the mods in here and ride this until the wheels fall off.

#22 Posted by lundy86_4 (52749 posts) -

@DonaId said:

@lundy86_4:

It is half the day for over 50% of the population so going by majority rule it is a correct assumption.

Based on what evidence? Here's why you're completely wrong, and holy shit... I have no words.

#23 Posted by DonaId (96 posts) -

@lundy86_4: surveys are self reported ask any scientist and they will tell you women need more sleep to heal their more fragile bodies and minds.

Not saying women are less capable than men as they are just as smart if not smarter but it’s a fact they are weaker

#24 Posted by lundy86_4 (52749 posts) -

@DonaId said:

@lundy86_4: surveys are self reported ask any scientist and they will tell you women need more sleep to heal their more fragile bodies and minds.

Not saying women are less capable than men as they are just as smart if not smarter but it’s a fact they are weaker

I'm fucking dead, mate. This thread has delivered the comedy for me tonight.

#25 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (5072 posts) -

@DonaId:

No matter how much anti-cows want to talk shit about Sony exclusives, none of them will compare to the snooze fest that was Metal Gear Solid 4.

#26 Edited by BoxRekt (980 posts) -

@superfluousreal said:
@boxrekt said:
@superfluousreal said:
@lundy86_4 said:

6 hours is half a day.

Stay in school bud.

WOW!

You tried to make a snarky comment about the content of a game but it was a factually incorrect statement.

And then you tried to cover yourself by making up something that would only be used by a stand up comedian pretending to be ignorant.

I'll just conclude you're drunk and leave it at that.

#27 Edited by SuperfluousReal (253 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

This is officially the fucking dumbest thread i've been in. There is a debate that 6-hours is equal to half a day. The math is absurd.

It is math based on human perception, not perception to say a monkey or a giraffe which may or may not still be awake for merely 12 hours too.

#28 Posted by lundy86_4 (52749 posts) -

@superfluousreal: Fucking lol. In all fairness, you guys are bringing some levity to this board. It's fucking stupid, but i've had a couple laughs.

#29 Posted by SuperfluousReal (253 posts) -

@superfluousreal said:

Ehh i kinda find it more annoying that the highly rated ones like Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls & Detroit are literally like saying here is a controller, now repeat after me, when this happens, twist your thumb stick in some awkward way so that we can pretend you have any interaction in this movie.

God of War & Horizon though, great games.

Don't get me started on the trash that has become Gran Turismo Sport.

RIP GT 1996 - 2005.

@boxrekt said:
@superfluousreal said:
@boxrekt said:
@superfluousreal said:
@lundy86_4 said:

6 hours is half a day.

Stay in school bud.

WOW!

You tried to make a snarky comment about the content of a game but it was a factually incorrect statement and then try to cover yourself by making up something be used by a stand up comedian pretending to be ignorant.

I'll just conclude you're drunk and leave it at that.

?

Factually incorrect? last i checked subjective opinion is not always factual, but only factual based on the persons perception of the game?

6 hours yes, most if not all humans without a health condition start fatiguing hard around 12 hours awake.

#30 Posted by BoxRekt (980 posts) -

@DonaId said:

@lundy86_4: "to heal their more fragile bodies and minds."

LMFAO

Their minds too bro? Dang that's tough.

#31 Posted by SuperfluousReal (253 posts) -

A Day is 12 hours by human perception, a day and night cycle is 24 hours.

Based on this, 6 hours is half a day.

#32 Posted by lundy86_4 (52749 posts) -

Alright... This clearly needs to be locked down.

#33 Posted by SuperfluousReal (253 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Alright... This clearly needs to be locked down.

Well when you call people stupid and jump the gun because your ego is so fragile, don't expect people to not back it up.

#34 Posted by Ant_17 (12169 posts) -

People binge entire netflix shows and you have an issue with a total of 6 hours of videos.

You that stupid you forget you're holding a controller after 2 minutes?

#35 Edited by lundy86_4 (52749 posts) -

@superfluousreal: Dude... Just **** off. This is some of the dumbest shit i've ever seen. It was funny, but now you're just trolling with unrelated data.

#36 Posted by SuperfluousReal (253 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@superfluousreal: Dude... Just **** off. This is some of the dumbest shit i've ever seen.

Depends on your perception and how intelligent you think you are.

#37 Posted by sakaiXx (5316 posts) -

Before any lock thread, do note skip button exist.

#38 Posted by I_P_Daily (11438 posts) -

#39 Edited by lundy86_4 (52749 posts) -

@superfluousreal: Dude, this is dumb... There are no other words. Stop being a wally. It was funny before, but now it isn't.

#40 Edited by SuperfluousReal (253 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@superfluousreal: Dude, this is dumb... There are no other words. Stop being a wally.

Continued flattery of one's self and pronounced damage control.

#41 Edited by lundy86_4 (52749 posts) -

@superfluousreal: lol... Buh-bye.

#42 Posted by SuperfluousReal (253 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@superfluousreal: lol... Buh-bye.

You can't handle it, don't dish it out :)

#43 Posted by lundy86_4 (52749 posts) -

This thread is such a mess. Let us post it up in the "SW Hall of Fame."

#44 Posted by SuperfluousReal (253 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

This thread is such a mess. Let us post it up in the "SW Hall of Fame."

Well you are a part of it, as much as you try, your inescapable part of it is still here, because you cannot let your weak ego let it be.

#45 Posted by adsparky (1313 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:

I like your gif, I'm gonna steal it.

#46 Posted by lundy86_4 (52749 posts) -

@i_p_daily: lol. I genuinely don't know what's happening. It's just a disaster lol.

#47 Posted by SuperfluousReal (253 posts) -

LOL i genuinely do not have a clue either, we all did nothing, nothing happened, let's just pretend nothing happened, no one got called out and proven wrong.

LOL

LOL

#48 Edited by uninspiredcup (32823 posts) -

The Playstation replaced the PC as the "graphics" platform when production values became as important as the hardware.

Sadly, you need to sell games to justify production values, and not enough pc gamers support their platform, and thus, it's no longer the "graphics" platform unless you want to count console ports.

It's actually a boon, pc gaming can focus on smaller games with more substance while Sony users can overpay to play the next 4 hour Naughty Dog movie.

Oh and politics, that's more important than a game being a game now.

#49 Posted by lundy86_4 (52749 posts) -

Someone has a crush on me...

#50 Posted by I_P_Daily (11438 posts) -

@adsparky said:
@i_p_daily said:

I like your gif, I'm gonna steal it.

Thief lol.