Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

Combat is pure awesome ....Check

Protagonist and antagonist are epic awesome including bro team .... Check

Graphics and open world ,Regalia free roam are great .... Check

OST too good.... Check

Storyline .... Not great as FF X but not bad either.Tragic.

New game plus replayability .... Check

Well?

Why do some of you hate FF XV?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Combat is terrible. World is uninspired. Story is average. Character design is mediocre. It's among the worst games I've played this gen and one of the few I truly regret buying. Would score it 5/10.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

I have watched that Kingslaive movie and it wasn't that good imo.

As for FF XV , I haven't played it but I haven't heard good things about it either.

I have heard open world isn't that good and the story is a mess.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

I liked it, the cast reminded me of TMNT. It was also the first FF I finished.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Is this some kind of joke thread? Pretty much every point in the OP is the reason the game gets so much hate oO

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

Because it fckin sucks? It's a bit better than XIII, but that's saying cow shit is better than dog shit.

The boy band crew looks like a bunch of metrosexuals and are all devoid of any personality.

Open world is absolute barren boring land.

Combat is OK but nothing special

Game is very easy

Story is shit and convoluted between different media, movies, anime, DLC

Shit side quest design, mostly fetch quests

Second worst FF ever. Burn it and let's pray Square Enix doesn't **** up the FF VII remake

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I enjoyed it for a few hours but the whole part after the train when the blonde lad goes missing seemed rushed and I was left very disapointed.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#8 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@carljohnsoncj:

I found the characters extremely boring and uninspiring and the story felt cut and paste of various other Final Fantasy games. I beat the game twice and I still don't like Noctis as a main character.

I do love the combat system and the overall gameplay. But everything I saw, I just told myself, "I sure can't wait to do this in the Final Fantasy VII Remake!" Or, "This will look great in the Final Fantasy VII Remake!" And then I'd get pissed when I remember that I'm not actually playing Final Fantasy VII Remake. Nostalgia is basically what kept me playing it. I bought all the FF soundtracks in game and played them over the game's music.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#9 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

It was inflicted with the development hell curse. After 10 years of development, there was no way it was going to live up to expectations. Still a fairly good game, but not a great game, falling short of previous FF games (pre-XIII).

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50547 Posts

I loved it

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

I enjoyed it myself but it’s not one of my more favourite Final Fantasy games.

Combat - I like the combat however it can become a bit of a cluster**** when you start to get 4 or more enemies at a time

Cast - I liked the protagonist and antagonist and the support cast was ok

Story - the story was pretty good but there were some points where things seemed to be missing or there were jumps that made you feel like you missed something

Graphics and Sound - I thought both were quite good

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Character designs are terrible. That guy should stop drawing. Combat is mediocre. Didn't finish the demo.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

Good Skyrim mod.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

I really enjoy'd this game at first. But the more I played I felt there were a lot of systems getting in the way.

The sprawling town was cool, I explored the whole area... then I met the dumb npc in there and she decided to take me on a tour of the place that I could not save in the middle of or get out of.

I did not enjoy the car rides everywhere. Mind you I never upgraded it. I hope it got to the point where you can just fast travel to areas without watching the ride.

Battles looked great... and when you see the giant beasts these are real epic moments. That bird early on was one of the coolest moments in gaming. But grew tired of the warping everywhere during fights. There is also a lot randomness of the group attacks and combo strikes... could not plan a precise tactic like in previous games.

In the end I think its the warping strikes that was really made me put this down. It was too necessary and just not my style. Really good looking game, but there was too much lil extra swag the game is trying to show off that slowed down the player from doing anything. Eating/ pictures/ leveling up all these systems just took one menu too many and broke up the game flow.

There is a zen to the game, really feels like a summer vacation early on. I did enjoy parts of what I played... and hope to get back into it eventually. Just got a 2k monitor so that might get me to reinstall it. But some of the things above really stopped me from getting fully hooked.

Going back and playing 12: TZA right after was a fresh of breath air :P

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts

How is the combat good? Its a boring ass open world, terrible quests and list goes on

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

It's largely uninspired and really doesn't hold a candle to some of the worse FF's, let alone the best ones. The world is largely barren, and traversing by the Regalia is slow and outright annoying.

The movie was a better Final Fantasy than the game... The fact that you had to watch the movie to get more of an understanding for the story... Yeah.

BlueIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BlueIon
Member since 2018 • 120 Posts

@carljohnsoncj: I love all the Final Fantasy games including XV. If i had to nitpick about one little thing it would be the load times - but that didnt stop me from beating it and lovin the cast of characters as well.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

I have a bittersweet relationship with this game. The story, of course, is a shitshow and I know I paid for multiple dlc's that should've been there in the first place. Combat was okay, didn't like the whole hold circle to do flashy shit, though. There was no strategy and you can just spam potion after potion. The lack of a complete party also kind of killed it for me. Who's idea was that. On the other hand the world is beautiful. Riding a chocobo has never been so fun either. I really liked the final chapter and the ending, though. It's better than a lot of other games but it doesn't add up to other Final Fantasy's. I'd give it a 6.5/10. Only Final Fantasy I liked less was Type-0

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#19 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

The soundtrack was the only good thing about FF15.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9815 Posts

@carljohnsoncj: jprg. Check. Ugh.

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 floppydics
Member since 2014 • 415 Posts

It was pretty decent but just didn't live up to the classics of the FF series. The main party didn't have much depth to them and could have done with fleshing out. None will be remembered like cloud, sephiroth, vivi, Kefka auron etc

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I watched the movie, and the anime, practically did all quests when the game came out. I spent many hours in this game. To me the combat is really good, the amount of things to do is plenty. What stopped me from going back to the game was a confusing plot. Many characters I have no idea what their purpose was and I didn't care. Lunefreya I know more about her from the movie than the game, lol. Chapter 9 and beyond was just a blob of events.

rhoadsxiommi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rhoadsxiommi
Member since 2018 • 75 Posts

I just started this game. I’m loving it. So far, i think the “warping” system is extremely cool.

This is my first FF game, though. So my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt, i guess.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 mrbojangles25  Online
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

@carljohnsoncj said:

OST too good.... Check

Well?

Combat is spastic and nonsensical.

Protagonists are a boy band.

Open world is empty and lame

OST, like pretty much all Japanese games, is overkill. Way too dramatic, lame, and not epic.

Story is typical overdone story.

Why do I hate FF XV? Mostly because I've yet to play a JRPG (or a Japanese game, for that matter) that I really enjoy. No it's not that I am racist, I Just don't find them appealing. FFXV was my "last chance" I Was giving Japanese games but for the most part I just can't stomach them because they are 100% style and flash, and 0% substance.

It's like they woke up one day and were like "Hey let's make the most over the top, disingenuous game ever!"

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Combat is terrible, it might look awesome but there is hardly any depth to it, and it creates another flaw with the game in that it is extremely easy. The way the story is delivered is a mess, not only ingame but this is one of those multimedia stories in which you have to see the movie/novel/tv series/short films/musical and who knows what else to get the whole picture, and in this case even then there are things that are yet unanswered and still don't make sense. It inherited the most annoying aspects of open world design, the world is mostly used for mindless fetch quests, with wall of text fan fiction stories, they basically feel like a Bethesda radiant quest with a new AI that takes a data base of words/phrases and arranges them to create unlimited stories.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Emo kids, runs like shit on PC.

Start of the game running a car forwards that takes forever, didn't really got me going.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jag85
@mrbojangles25 said:

Mostly because I've yet to play a JRPG (or a Japanese game, for that matter) that I really enjoy.

So you've never enjoyed any Nintendo/Sega/Capcom/Konami/Namco/FromSoft/Platinum/Tecmo games before?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mrbojangles25  Online

@Jag85 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Mostly because I've yet to play a JRPG (or a Japanese game, for that matter) that I really enjoy.

So you've never enjoyed any Nintendo/Sega/Capcom/Konami/Namco/FromSoft/Platinum/Tecmo games before?

Not really, and I've tried quite a few. From Monster Hunter World to Dark Souls, and Nioh to Nier, FF VII to FF XV...I just don't like them.

I thought I was starting to like Vanquish, but nope; the game kicked into over over-the-top mode and I just got tired of it. Dragon's Dogma was another game that was growing on me, but it couldn't hold my interest the way other games in the same vein do.

Mind you, I am not saying they are bad games, I am just saying I don't like them. And of course I enjoyed games in classic NES, SNES, and so forth from my childhood, I was referring to the past decade or so of Japanese games. The real kicker to this whole situation is I absolutely love everything else about Japanese culture. Food, movies, even certain anime. You can't really go wrong with Takashi Miike or anything from Studio Ghibli. I've been to Japan a few times, I love it.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jag85

@mrbojangles25: In other words, you meant just modern Japanese games, not classic Japanese games.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#30  Edited By Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

@carljohnsoncj said:

OST too good.... Check

Well?

Because its no longer a Playstation exclusive.

Seriously though, I don't like the fact that they turned away from Turn Based RPG, we instead got an action adventure game with the added impracticality of RPG elements. I wouldn't say I'm not willing to give the game a chance but right now there isn't really anything appealing to me about it, and I hate that FF15 was used as a baseline for FF7 Remake, part of what made FF7 such a great game is that it was turn based, and adding to that they want to turn the game into an episodic series and they blew it.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

I don’t hate it, but just a very average game to be honest and well these days I have a limited playtime and there are so very many better games out there!

Of course the long ass car rides and terrible terrible side quests doesn’t help anything! Great graphic on pc though

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

I liked it better than XIII, but that's only because of the hunts. If that wasn't a major element of the game, it would have been a failure, yes. My expectations were high coming into this game because I thought we were truly getting an open world FF game ala BotW or GTA... nope. A BIG nope. It felt so restricted, and only got more linear as the story progressed. I don't think a great FF game is truly coming around ever again.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

I though it was solid and could have even been great, I recall that there were some serious pacing issues with the story though. To the point that after doing so many meaningless quests, I no longer really gave a $$^%^ by the time I got back to the story and finished the endgame. That's not something unique to FF XV, lots of open world games not named RDR2 have this issue.

Also some of the post-game hunts were MUCH better than the main game, so different and so much better it was like they were from a different game or something.... and I think this was before the DLC hit. I was going to get the "Royal Edition" as one of my black Friday purchases to replay again with the DLC, but I forgot (and I already have a pretty big queue of games anyway, so probably for the best). Maybe next time.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mrbojangles25  Online

@Jag85 said:

@mrbojangles25: In other words, you meant just modern Japanese games, not classic Japanese games.

lol ok man, sorry I insulted your precious preference in games. Yes, modern Japanese games.

*sigh* There's one in every bunch.

What about ____?
No
What about ____?
No, not that one either
What about ____?
Well...it's OK I guess
HA! GOT YOU! I KNEW YOU DIDN'T HATE ALL JAPANESE GAMES!

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Because it's shit compared to FF1-12.

Characters: they are alright.

Story: Messy, boring and already forgot what happened in the game. It's that bad.

Gameplay: I like it, but could be better if they put all the content in the first place.

Square-Enix screwed up FF13 and made it worse with FF15. When will they ever learn. I am happy they made a $30M loss because they have now moved on.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

horribad story

horribad characters

combat looks too all over the place

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#37 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

It’s terrible, that’s why.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

I got the feeling people liked the beginning because it was open and hated the later game for its linearity. I didn't mind FFXIII's linear design, I probably wouldn't mind it, just haven't played XV yet, would like to eventually, committed to replaying XIII trilogy first.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Combat sucked and the game is too hard.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts
@ajstyles said:

Combat sucked and the game is too hard.

Must have played a different version of the game

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

Because I grew up with great Final Fantasy games

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

The game is so poorly paced, and the story was kind of awful. The combat is also damn easy, and kind of boring. I tried to get into it, but just couldn't.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3347 Posts

It was ok but not really a game changer. I feel the story is abit shallow and combat can be messy at times. Overall i enjoyed the game but i expected more.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

The combat I thought was awesome but the game felt unfinished.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Never played a FF game and I doubt I’d jump-in in its 15th game

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#46 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I've yet to start my copy, but I've basically been turned off by it constantly being updated. Massive RPGs really don't need to be turned into live services, unless it wants to become an MMORPG.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts
@Sevenizz said:

Never played a FF game and I doubt I’d jump-in in its 15th game

Don't worry, you are not missing out on anything.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

I love FFXV. its awesome, the open world is great and the combat is okay-ish.... too bad the environment is not that varied in the open world map and Spoiler alert Luna's death was sad, incredibly sad for me but because she was in game for like 10mins and only interact with noctis 2-3 times via books. it made it very hard for me to care about them. Also the story is dlc bullshit. I mean in chapter 10 onwards you absolutely have no idea what happened to everybody unless you play dlc.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#49 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@carljohnsoncj: the first FF I liked and finished. No bitch-ass turn based weeb-combat made it playable

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19564 Posts

The combat was a mess with none of the series' characteristic strategy or depth.

The story was all over the place - rushed during the important parts, dragged out during the boring bits.

The open world section of the game was extremely tedious. The plot doesn't develop during that part of the game, and all of the side quests are just dull monster hunts or fetch quests.

The game picked up a bit once the linear sections (and story) began, only to immediately fall apart due to bad storytelling and bad boss battles.

Then there was that awful stealth section that was about 20 hours too long.

I enjoyed the music, I liked the Stand By Me/coming of age road trip theme, and I didn't hate the characters...but the game was a mess, and it was correctly panned by audiences.