Why do people hate the ps3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-PS360FTW-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -PS360FTW-
Member since 2007 • 628 Posts

I have been roaming around here lately and I have seen loads of negative ps3 threads and comments...the number one negative comment about the ps3 is that there is no game....which isnt true.

Heavenly sword, Uncharted, Folklore, Ratchet and clank, Resitance, Motor storm, Warhawk, Eye of judgement, Ninja gaiden sigma, unreal tournament, and Haze. Theres also lots of other games but are multiplat.

and the 2008 release game lst for 08 looks sick for the ps3 so far....

so why all the hate on the ps3?

and no I didnt make an account just to say this I joined cause i liked the community and im sick of ign's horrible forums

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
people do it for the lulz
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
It killed my family and burned my village.
Medic_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Medic_B
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts
there is nothing on the ps3 that would make you want to buy one if you have either a wii or 360.
-PS360FTW-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -PS360FTW-

there is nothing on the ps3 that would make you want to buy one if you have either a wii or 360.Medic_B

resitance,ratchet,and uncharted made me want to buy one...and I did and i dont regret it at all.

my 360 has been collecting dust lately and I bet i would barely play the wii if i had one

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts
I don't agree with this, but it doesn't have a AAAE. Also, it's sales are bad, both hardware and software. It just doesn't have enough going for it right now, and the Sony spokes people certainly did not help the situation...
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Because it's everything the PS2 isn't. The PS2 was this wonderful, cheap, simple, plug in and play machine with great games.

The PS3 on the otherhand is this convoluted, exspensive, wanna-be PC/home theatre with games that focus on great graphics and been there, done that gameplay that designed to sneak HDTVs and bluray movies into your house.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Because of the hype in E305 and 06, and the fact that the PS3 didn't not deliver its promises. It's a good console to own right now but some people out there had huge expections. Or maybe because the lemmings want to rub it in after the cows taunted their console, calling it the "1.5", and they're pissed off. :P

Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

I have been roaming around here lately and I have seen loads of negative ps3 threads and comments...the number one negative comment about the ps3 is that there is no game....which isnt true.

Heavenly sword, Uncharted, Folklore, Ratchet and clank, Resitance, Motor storm, Warhawk, Eye of judgement, Ninja gaiden sigma, unreal tournament, and Haze. Theres also lots of other games but are multiplat.

and no I didnt make an account just to say this I joined cause i liked the community and im sick of ign's horrible forums

-PS360FTW-

My main gripe comes from the fact that Sony claimed, boasted, and gloated about how it was going to blow the competition away; that it was going to be more than worth the hefty price tag right out of the box. None of these arrogant claims have been met and I feel that they made complete asses out of theirselves and any product coming from their lying mouths deserves no respect from me. Savvy?

Blue-Sphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blue-Sphere
Member since 2006 • 1972 Posts

Because it's everything the PS2 isn't. The PS2 was this wonderful, cheap, simple, plug in and play machine with great games.

The PS3 on the otherhand is this convoluted, exspensive, wanna-be PC/home theatre with games that focus on great graphics and been there, done that gameplay that designed to sneak HDTVs and bluray movies into your house.

goblaa
That, and of course the price, along with Sony's arrogance, boasting about it's power instead of talking about games.
trizzle_a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 trizzle_a
Member since 2007 • 1186 Posts

goblaa

PS2 was designed to sneak DVD into your house.

youngtongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 youngtongue
Member since 2006 • 990 Posts
:| idk honestly I don't hate the PS3 I just have something against cows. Why? I have no idea. Maybe I secretly hate the ps3? :| but then if i did I wouldnt have fun playing heavenly sword at my friends house. Whatever....
-PS360FTW-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -PS360FTW-

I don't agree with this, but it doesn't have a AAAE. Also, it's sales are bad, both hardware and software. It just doesn't have enough going for it right now, and the Sony spokes people certainly did not help the situation...nintendofreak_2

exlsuive game scores are all a matter of opinion

people who play ps3 games would agree that the ps3 does have an exlusive AAA somewhere

so basicly people hate the ps3 because gamespot review scores?

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
You act like everyone is just supposed to love the PS3. Just because the PS2 won last gen does not mean everyone is supposed to love the PS3. Fact is PS2 had a lot of great things but so far the PS3 is VERY far from what the PS2 was.
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
people do it for the epic lulzSonick54
Fixed. :)
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
[QUOTE="goblaa"]

trizzle_a

PS2 was designed to sneak DVD into your house.

DVDs were already in people's houses...just not as mainstream as VHS. Also, DVD was not a Sony propritary format.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

-PS360FTW-

That's how it always has been here. Sure, the Sony fans will rise up occasionally, but they are simply outnumbered.

The Hate I find entertaining though.

M$, Nintendo, and Sony are trying to entertain us, yet some people here get NUTS about all of it. Rather funny.

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#19 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts

It killed my family and burned my village.mo0ksi

:o You too? Did the priest in your town reveal the Anceint Relic? And most people hate things that are bad.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
I don't hate the PS3 , I just was getting fed up with all the negative comments and public disses of the 360 by top Sony execs. Calling it XBOX 1.5, etc. I will eventually purchase a PS3, but I feel that Sony was a bit arrogant with their remarks.
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
A lot of the hate is because there is so many that are nervous about it being on top of the gaming market within the next year or two. When this happens there will be more and more developers coming over to the PS3.
walter429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 walter429
Member since 2007 • 392 Posts

goblaa

ROFL. I thought that was the Furby. They infiltrated every home and were gonna receive a signal to switch to human eradication mode at the millennium change and destroy anyone that didn't give Tiger 1 million dollars.

The ps3 is easier to plug in and play, because it has an hdmi input. I think it's funny that you think it won't have every single PS franchise from Red Dead Revolver to God of War on it.You think these games won't come out? What does it matter when? I don't understand. Price is relative you know? Some people spend $5,000 on sunglasses and jeans. You may think they're snotty, or dumb, or whatever, and they may think you're a poor jealous idiot who doesn't know the first thing about economics.

I wish people wouldn't take things so seriously.

And Microsoft lies more than sony.

King_of_Sorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 King_of_Sorrow
Member since 2007 • 1193 Posts
Name someone or something that was successful that wasn't hated on?
accameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 accameron
Member since 2004 • 1521 Posts
I hate the PS3.
Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 Erkidu
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

goblaa
Couldn't have said it better myself. On another note, I have more of a problem with Sony than with the PS3. "next-gen doesn't start until we say it does" "we could sell 5 million PS3s without any games" It's quotes like these that piss me off.
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#26 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts

Name someone or something that was successful that wasn't hated on?King_of_Sorrow

Hmm, I believe Dragon Warrior IV answers your question. A commercially successful game in Japan and its considered the greatest RPG on the NES, and rightfully so. Pretty damn awesome game with very few haters.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendofreak_2"]I don't agree with this, but it doesn't have a AAAE. Also, it's sales are bad, both hardware and software. It just doesn't have enough going for it right now, and the Sony spokes people certainly did not help the situation...-PS360FTW-

exlsuive game scores are all a matter of opinion

people who play ps3 games would agree that the ps3 does have an exlusive AAA somewhere

so basicly people hate the ps3 because gamespot review scores?

I didn't say I agree with it, but yeah, that's why the PS3 is hated here.
Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

I think PS3 gets a lot of hate because of how their fans have been over the years. They are in your face all the time. They are a lot like PC fanboys. Everything they have is better and thats all they think.

I for one have many many systems and will continue to support them all. But im not getting a PS3 cause they should have come out at 400$ to begin with instead of being greedy. So im "punishing" Sony by not supporting them this gen.