Why do HD gamers go into meltdown when Wii gets an AAA quality, mature title?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheNextOrder
Member since 2009 • 1510 Posts

Nobody pays much mind to the kiddie or casual crap on the Wii, but when it gets a quality mature title like Madworld, there are literally scores of enraged HD gamers freaking out in the Madworld threads trying cite reasons why this game that they have never played deserves to flop. Games like The Conduit and Madoworld are the last games on the Wii that deserved to be bashed, yet they are bashed the most? Anybody care to explain?

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Because this is System Wars

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 1

#3 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 48785 Posts

Because everyone were off the walls when Manhunt 2 came out on the Wii, right? :roll:

strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts

So you are hyping The Conduit?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

strudel420
He does believe it looks better than Halo 3 ... :| :lol: I'm not kidding either.
TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheNextOrder

Because everyone was off the walls when Manhunt 2 came out on the Wii, right? :roll:

Stevo_the_gamer

Manhunt 2 wasn't quality. So nobody cared.

Thanks for proving my point.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]

Because everyone was off the walls when Manhunt 2 came out on the Wii, right? :roll:

TheNextOrder

7.0 which stands for "GOOD" isn't quality? :|
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 48767 Posts

Having a **** load of blood doesn't make a game mature.

And who cares? Buy the game and enjoy it.

And btw, you're in other threads for Ps3 doing the exact same, so how about you don't point fingers.

Prydes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Prydes
Member since 2008 • 559 Posts
[QUOTE="strudel420"]

Stevo_the_gamer
He does believe it looks better than Halo 3 ... :| :lol: I'm not kidding either.

He or some other sheep said it was on par or better looking than Killzone 2. And he was serious. I agree, actually, put it up with Crysis, I want to see those two champions compete with each other.
TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheNextOrder

strudel420

I'm hyping it to be better than most games on the Wii. It's an ambitious title on the Wii by a small developer and it really doesn't deserve to be hated on.

I'm not a Sheep btw. Just a 360 owner who recently bought a Wii and decided to take it upon himself to stick up for the underdog.

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"][QUOTE="strudel420"]

:|other sheep said it was on par or better looking than Killzone 2. And he was serious. I agree, actually, put it up with Crysis, I want to see those two champions compete with each other.Prydes

I put the Conduit up with Crysis?:|

Making things up I see.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

I put the Conduit up with Crysis?:|

Making things up I see.

TheNextOrder

You took his post out of context, he was sarcastically saying that you SHOULD compare it with Crysis considering how good you believe the visuals are.

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]

Stevo_the_gamer

7.0 which stands for "GOOD" isn't quality? :|

Manhunt 2 was complete crap. What the hell are you talking about?

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

Nobody pays much mind to the kiddie or casual crap on the Wii, but when it gets a quality mature title like Madworld, there are literally scores of enraged HD gamers freaking out in the Madworld threads trying cite reasons why this game that they have never played deserves to flop. Games like The Conduit and Madoworld are the last games on the Wii that deserved to be bashed, yet they are bashed the most? Anybody care to explain?

TheNextOrder

Ill explain.

This is system wars...

A whole 'nother world in which Wii regardless of its great library is considered the epitome of trash, while the PS3 regardless of its sub-par library is the holy grail.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

Manhunt 2 was complete crap. What the hell are you talking about?

TheNextOrder

Apparently, Gamespot disagrees with you.

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]I put the Conduit up with Crysis?:|

Making things up I see.

Stevo_the_gamer

You took his post out of context, he was sarcastically saying that you SHOULD compare it with Crysis considering how good you believe the visuals are.

So why are all of you backpedaling and making things up about me rather than answering the question I asked? :lol:

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chutebox

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]Manhunt 2 was complete crap. What the hell are you talking about?

Stevo_the_gamer

Btw, AWESOME sig!
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#18 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

Because the Wii is a kiddy system incapable of anything more mature then Okami...

Just kidding, I have no idea considering The Gamecube arguably had some of the most mature titles last generation like Resident Evil 4 and Eternal Darkness..I'm sure the Wii has the capability to have titles of similar caliber

dr_octagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 dr_octagon
Member since 2003 • 625 Posts

[QUOTE="strudel420"]

TheNextOrder

I'm not a Sheep btw. Just a 360 owner who recently bought a Wii and decided to take it upon himself to stick up for the underdog.

Explain to me how the Wii is an underdog. Other than it's majority of shovelware titles, I hear it's doing pretty good for itself. I think the fact some "HD-Gamers" are mad at Madworld coming out only on the Wii probably means their jealous. Which means you should be glad you have a Wii right?

I could honestly care less, this game is waaaay to over-hyped - but that doesn't mean I want it to flop.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
So why are all of you backpedaling and making things up about me rather than answering the question I asked? :lol:TheNextOrder
What the hell are you talking about? :? [QUOTE="Chutebox"] Btw, AWESOME sig!

Thanks! :P ... see the hidden message? :twisted:
TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]Manhunt 2 was complete crap. What the hell are you talking about?

Stevo_the_gamer

Manhunt 2 had no hype behind it. Nobody cared. It averaged a score of about 6.5. It's pathetic that your using it as an example to prove me wrong. Go play it if you like it so much :lol:

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]I put the Conduit up with Crysis?:|

Making things up I see.

TheNextOrder

So why are all of you backpedaling and making things up about me rather than answering the question I asked? :lol:

First, why do you think madworld is a "mature" game?

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

Manhunt 2 had no hype behind it. Nobody cared. It averaged a score of about 6.5. It's pathetic that your using it as an example to prove me wrong. Go play it if you like it so much :lol:TheNextOrder
*yawn* Again, looks like Gamespot disagrees with you.

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]

[QUOTE="strudel420"]

dr_octagon

Explain to me how the Wii is an underdog. Other than it's majority of shovelware titles, I hear it's doing pretty good for itself. I think the fact some "HD-Gamers" are mad at Madworld coming out only on the Wii probably means their jealous. Which means you should be glad you have a Wii right?

I could honestly care less, this game is waaaay to over-hyped - but that doesn't mean I want it to flop.

Wii is clearly at underdog at systemwars because there 50-60 x more fanboys supporting theother consoles here.

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]Manhunt 2 had no hype behind it. Nobody cared. It averaged a score of about 6.5. It's pathetic that your using it as an example to prove me wrong. Go play it if you like it so much :lol:Stevo_the_gamer

*yawn* Again, looks like Gamespot disagrees with you.

Is that your argument? :lol:

Great_Ragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Great_Ragnarok
Member since 2007 • 3069 Posts
the only criticism I've had about madworld was about its painful visuals. which is fair considering it has a very low gradient of black and white shades. but I've never seen people make unfair criticisms of conduit tho. I have seen a lot of sheep exaggerate its graphics. lmao.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 63732 Posts
[QUOTE="-Oath"]

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]

Ill explain.

This is system wars...

A whole 'nother world in which Wii regardless of its great library is considered the epitome of trash, while the PS3 regardless of its sub-par library is the holy grail.

I would say the PS3s library is dramatically superior to the Wii if we were to compare the consoles directly
TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]You took his post out of context, he was sarcastically saying that you SHOULD compare it with Crysis considering how good you believe the visuals are.

FragTycoon

I don't know... because it has a M rating maybe? :lol:

duuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

Is that your argument? :lol:TheNextOrder
What exactly am I arguing for -- you can say the game is crap all you so please, but that won't change the review Gamespot gave for it in which they labeled it as a "good" game; and if you still fail to recognize that, then how come no one went off the walls when Resident Evil 4 was released? Or RE: Chronicles? or World at War? :roll:

dr_octagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 dr_octagon
Member since 2003 • 625 Posts

Wii is clearly at underdog at systemwars because there 50-60 x more fanboys supporting the other consoles here. TheNextOrder

That's all a matter of perception. I'll agree with you on the virtually less amount of enthusiasm for the Wii on System Wars, but System Wars is just a small part of a really big picture.

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]Is that your argument? :lol:Stevo_the_gamer

What exactly am I arguing for -- you can say the game is crap all you so please, but that won't change the review Gamespot gave for it in which they labeled it as a "good" game; and if you still fail to recognize that, then how come no one went off the walls when Resident Evil 4 was released? Or RE: Chronicles? On Rails or World at WarDowngraded multiplat:roll:

RE: Chronicles, World at War, and Manhunt 2 are the games you are using as your example???

Clearly those games are not the same pedigree as Madworld. And thats why the HD fanboys didnt care about them.

Your basically just proving my point.

Games like Madworld and NMH on the other the hand, are two of Wii's best, and also most hated on mature exclusives ;)

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]

[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]*yawn* Again, looks like Gamespot disagrees with you.

OICWUTUDIDTHAR

Is that your argument? :lol:

... So are you trying to say games need hype to score well and to actually be a good game? I wouldn't be surprised if everyone said yes here.

No I'm saying that the HD defence force didn't bother launching a hate campaign against Manhunt 2 because it had no hype and nobody cared about it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 59813 Posts

I don't... I think it's great that the Wii can get some more mature games... Kudos

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

RE: Chronicles, World at War, and Manhunt 2 are the games you are using as your example???

Clearly those games are not the same pedigree as Madworld. And thats why the HD fanboys didnt care about them.

Games like Madworld and NMH on the other the hand, are two of Wii's best, and also most hated on mature exclusives ;)

TheNextOrder

Wow. I get to use this .gif yet again tonight. *sigh*

Those games must all be E rated because there's no way they're mature titles! Nope! No way. World at War is actually about flowers fighting little bumble bees worldwide, and Resident Evil is ... about mean grandparents that childen are trying to get rid of? AMIRITE? :P

*looks for amirite gif*

-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts

Judging by the gameplay vids of Conduit im seriously expecting the game to get a 5-6,5.

Dont hype it.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

If madworld was on an HD console, do you really think it would get a score above an 8? A 7.5 even?

What's funny is you're the one who's making the threads for people to talk about Mad World being so great - naturally some people are going to express their opinions that may be less than positive.

Imo, madworld is just the next logical step in the childish games the wii usually puts out.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

TheNextOrder

The bashing is a result of sheeps coming into System Wars and calling it the greatest game ever, the graphics own, and it's better than anything on the PS3/360 etc. It's called cause and effect, and you cant blame anyone but yourselves.

It's too early to say if it's a quality title. It has potential, but until the game is out and we get to seethe game forfirsthand,it'd be wise to withheld all the crazy claims about it.

Everything happens for a reason.

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]RE: Chronicles, World at War, and Manhunt 2 are the games you are using as your example???

Stevo_the_gamer

Wow. I get to use this .gif yet again tonight. *sigh*

Those games must all be E rated because there's no way they're mature titles! Nope! No way. World at War is actually about flowers fighting little bumble bees worldwide, and Resident Evil is ... about mean grandparents that childen are trying to get rid of? AMIRITE?

Where did I say those games weren't mature? :lol:

I said that one was on rails, and the other was a downgraded multiplat game.

and that clearly those games are not the same pedigree as Madworld. And thats why the HD fanboys didnt care about them.

Do you need me to say the same thing again?

Should I draw you a graph next time?

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gxgear

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]Is that your argument? :lol:TheNextOrder

What exactly am I arguing for -- you can say the game is crap all you so please, but that won't change the review Gamespot gave for it in which they labeled it as a "good" game; and if you still fail to recognize that, then how come no one went off the walls when Resident Evil 4 was released? Or RE: Chronicles? On Rails or World at WarDowngraded multiplat:roll:

There's one of the reason. Replies like this attract all the hate you "supposedly" are against.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#41 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

They don't.

It's just the Wii fanboys that get overexcited when they finally get a quality game after swimming through tons of shovelware trash.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

Where did I say those games weren't mature? :lol:

and that clearly those games are not the same pedigree as Madworld. And thats why the HD fanboys didnt care about them.

TheNextOrder

Time to put it in layman's terms -- no problem, mate. Your topic title stated the following: "why do HD gamers go into meltdown when Wii gets a quality, mature title?" I gave you four examples of mature "quality" titles in which gamers did not go off the walls hating on. And yes, you did say that -- but I fail to see where that somehow says that the game isn't quality or isn't mature.

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]

Gxgear

The bashing is a result of sheeps coming into System Wars and calling it the greatest game ever, the graphics own, and it's better than anything on the 360 PS3 etc. It's called cause and effect, and you cant blame anyone but yourselves.

It's too early to say if it's a quality title. It has potential, but until the game is out and we get to seethe game forfirsthand,it'd be wise to withheld all the crazy claims about it.

Wow you just completely made the underlined portion up. There are barely any Sheep who post here, and even less who hype games, and I've never heard any of them say the things you describe in your post.

Perhaps you can provide a link to some of your made up claims? ;)

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

[QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]So why are all of you backpedaling and making things up about me rather than answering the question I asked? :lol:

TheNextOrder

I don't know... because it has a M rating maybe? :lol:

duuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrr

why do you think madworld is a "mature" game?

Or is "because they rated it that way" your answer?

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]

TheNextOrder

The bashing is a result of sheeps coming into System Wars and calling it the greatest game ever, the graphics own, and it's better than anything on the 360 PS3 etc. It's called cause and effect, and you cant blame anyone but yourselves.

Wow you just completely made the underlined portion up. There are barely any Sheep who post here, and even less who hype games, and I've never heard any of them say the things you describe in your post.

Perhaps you can provide a link to some of your made up claims? ;)

Check the next post I made.

And you're definitely one of the sheep I was talking about. If I'm going to here proving every fanboy crap I read that was posted here, then we'd be stuck here for a really long time.

You say people bring the hate to Madworld. You started the thread, why don't you start us off and PROVE that with a link?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Because it disturbs the haters little SW fantasy world when the Wii gets a good game. Most of 'em can't accept the idea that dedicated gamers could enjoy games that are not graphically and technically high end so they tell themselves only casuals, soccer moms, and the elderly own the system. When good games come out for it and people buy them it blows that weak theory out of the water.

TheNextOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheNextOrder

[QUOTE="TheNextOrder"]Where did I say those games weren't mature? :lol:

Stevo_the_gamer

Time to put it in layman's terms -- no problem, mate. Your topic title stated the following: "why do HD gamers go into meltdown when Wii gets a quality, mature title?" I gave you four examples of mature "quality" titles in which gamers did not go off the walls hating on. And yes, you did say that -- but I fail to see where that somehow says that the game isn't quality or isn't mature.

None of the titles you listed were AAA quality, and that's why they were not hated on. Madworld and NMH are both AAA quality, mature rated titles, and both have received much hate from HD fanboys. What are you disputing?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Chutebox

TheNextOrder

None of the titles you listed were AAA quality, and that's why they were not hated on. Madworld and NMH are both AAA quality, mature rated titles, and both have received much hate from HD fanboys. What are you disputing?

AAA? Only AAA titles are quality titles? Are you serious?
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#50 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

TheNextOrder

Oh you've played Madworld? How is it?