Why do gamers continue to have faith in Final Fantasy?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

I thought FF13 and its two sequels showed the series was out of touch with its fans? Me, personally, I thought FFX was the last great game in the series. That was 2001. And before that, the FF series wasn't hit or miss like it is now. Back then, Square produced quality RPGs back to back to back. Yet fans are super hyped for this next final fantasy. Can I ask why? We really haven't been given a reason to think FF is back to greatness.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Grafix

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Because Final Fantasy XIV: ARR is actually a good product?.... and should be the main series now... screw the SP games.

Dissidia was good.

in short... its sometimes still good? and that 3 games out of loads of amazing ones shouldn't kill your entire faith....

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

The only quality things I expect from this series now are the music, the graphics and the cutscenes. Story, gameplay and pacing are a no go.

I never played an MMO, probably never will, but as far as SP FF goes, **** em.

Edit: Might as well pull a SolidTY and copy pasta my response from the thread that inspired this one.

---

For me, FFXIII straight up murdered the series. I didn't even think about trying its sub-sequels and in all honesty, I think FFXV looks even fucking worse. I'm done.

But yes, I do see lots of people that think FFXV is going to be some huge turn around redeem the series.. which I think is fucking stupid. It's a mismanaged development hell game that started as a spin off, but was shoe horned into being a main entry because SE didn't have anything else. Fans get to look forward to taking control of a J-pop boy band that will somehow destroy some super being while at the same time experiencing yet another terrible love story attempt from SE. All this layered on top of Kingdom Hearts gameplay.... Oh and it's a Nomura game (some people actually mistake this for being a good thing).

But it has airships! They promised!

lol

---

Even put it in classic TY bold.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

I am willing to give 15 a chance.If it's anything like the previous 5 games and it sucks then i am done with the series.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Nostalgia

/thread

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

ermm because ff15 is going to be an action rpg and not a boring turn based crap. if ff15 is anything like crisis core its going to be the greatest final fantasy ever

nihonking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nihonking
Member since 2013 • 187 Posts

Us FF fans have Stockholm syndrome we remember when FF was nice to us from 10 and down. We also just refuse to believe Japanese devs have lost there gaming touch yet sadly they have for the most part. We still have blood bourn devs and few other good Japanese devs but for the most part the sun has set on the land of the rising sun. Parts of america and eastern Europe have taken the best dev regions crown by far. This question is deeper than Square enix and goes right to Japanese game design.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I don't get it, either. FF15 looks even worse than 13. Why can't SE catch a clue and just make an isometric turn-based Final Fantasy?

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
OniLordAsmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OniLordAsmodeus
Member since 2010 • 381 Posts

One word: Nostalgia.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

in short... its sometimes still good? and that 3 games out of loads of amazing ones shouldn't kill your entire faith....

Bingo

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

there are like 20 "main" final fantasy games and to me most of them were great, they had a terrible gen with ff xiii series but i am willing to give them another chance for the past games, it is still an awesome franchise with many of the greatest games of past gens for me, people are just dumb to run and "but square is teh doomed!" because they had a bad couple games.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

Old school FF fans (FFX and earlier) dont have faith in the series...only people still with faith in the series are those who started with FFXIII and have no idea at all how good the series use to be.

If any old school FF fan buys FFXV its because they're a sucker for hype or are a graphics whore or weeaboo.

FF has gone slowly downhill ever since Sakaguchi was forced out. It has officially reached rock bottom with Nomura heading the controls. All the games are now style over substance trash. Final Fantasy use to have just enough surrealism and fantasy, now it comes off as a trashy anime with weapons that make Cloud's buster sword look tame and characters with personalities and looks so bizarre only Nomura apologists can find any redeeming qualities in them

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I don't get it, either. FF15 looks even worse than 13. Why can't SE catch a clue and just make an isometric turn-based Final Fantasy?

because fanboys like yourself have no clue. The combat system isn't what made ff xiii fail, kingdom hearts used a similar "action" combat system and the game was great, they failed where final fantasy usually shined, characters, world and story, in fact the whole ff xiii lore is great they just focused on cheesy drama and annoying characters.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PurpleMan5000

@Krelian-co said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

because fanboys like yourself have no clue. The combat system isn't what made ff xiii fail, kingdom hearts used a similar "action" combat system and the game was great, they failed where final fantasy usually shined, characters, world and story

Kingdom Hearts was an awful game, actually. It's one of the most disappointing games I have ever played. Simple, ridiculous combat system, bad level design, poor RPG elements, etc. Final Fantasy used to be a very good franchise up until FFX. X really wasn't that bad, but it wasn't as good as everything before it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

Old school FF fans (FFX and earlier) dont have faith in the series...only people still with faith in the series are those who started with FFXIII and have no idea at all how good the series use to be.

If any old school FF fan buys FFXV its because they're a sucker for hype or are a graphics whore or weeaboo.

FF has gone slowly downhill ever since Sakaguchi was forced out. It has officially reached rock bottom with Nomura heading the controls. All the games are now style over substance trash. Final Fantasy use to have just enough surrealism and fantasy, now it comes off as a trashy anime with weapons that make Cloud's buster sword look tame and characters with personalities and looks so bizarre only Nomura apologists can find any redeeming qualities in them

OR its because they liked Kingdom Hearts and like a FF concept of it....

Instead of the nostalgia ridden fanboys that like ridiculously easy pseudo turn based games where you line up and spamm attack + cure until the very end of the game where you actually have to use tactics on probably 1-2 side bosses.

welcome to the past of final fantasy ... ridiculous overblown.

@PurpleMan5000 yeesh well opinions and all that... quite frankly Kingdom Hearts did Sephiroth fights better than final fantasy did... ironically.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Eh, I enjoyed FFXIII enough. More to the point, that's one time Square-Enix has faltered in their mainline games in my opinion. Supposedly FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns are even worse crap than XIII, but if I were to look at the mainline games I'm impressed more often than I'm not. Do you really let one bad egg ruin the entire batch just because it is the last egg you looked at or tried (remember, FFXIV: ARR is newer than the FFXIII games and it's a success.)

My feedback on the recent releases aside from the FFXIII series:

Final Fantasy XII is one of my favorite games of all time. The gameplay is top-notch, I absolutely love its Gambit system, Ivalice is a wonder to explore and the characters are great (sure, its easy to be annoyed with Vaan and Penelo but Basch, Balthier, and many side characters are fantastic.)

If I played more Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on my PS4 (unable to atm) I would be in heaven. It astounds me how much that game hooked me, and it felt so much like an actual Final Fantasy game, and more. Honestly it's what I've wanted from a video game for a while, has enthralled me more than most other games have recently, and I can't wait to continue playing soon.

Bravely Default, which I haven't tried yet, gets positive feedback aside from it's late-game stuff. The Dissidia games are addictive, and going back to replay FFIX on my Vita is great. I also think that fan feedback on Type 0 has generally been positive, hence why a bunch of fans wanted the localization which is why we are now getting the HD game.

Square-Enix is a fucking stupid company at times. They used to be great with all of their top-notch releases in the SNES and PSOne days, but then something happened. They began to slow down in their releases and how the company is run has made them just look like crap. But their games have been solid. And now Nomura is directing; while Nomura gets a bad rap for his focus, I love his work on the Kingdom Hearts games. He may not be the best director but his record has shown that I enjoy his work more than I don't, so that still leaves me excited for his next project, FFXV.

I'll mention again though that I refuse to buy FFXV new. Square-Enix's management of this game has been piss-poor, and there's no reason it shouldn't be out eight years after its initial announcement, with little information after all this time. Hell, when they announced at 2013's E3 (or TGS? I can't remember) that it would be FFXV, they said there would be more updates on the game. How long has it been since we've had a decent update now?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ConanTheStoner

@jg4xchamp said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Bingo

Faith still destroyed. XIII was a masterclass in being out of touch.. then they follow it up not once, but twice.

XV looks like incoming shit and though FF has always been sort of a gamble, at least if you weren't too fond of one, the next one would be out soon enough. I don't even want to know how far off FFXVI is.

Being the non-MMO guy that I am, I can't help but call my interest in the series dead. FFXII was what, 8 years ago? Shit.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jg4xchamp

@MBirdy88 said:

Instead of the nostalgia ridden fanboys that like ridiculously easy pseudo turn based games where you line up and spamm attack + cure until the very end of the game where you actually have to use tactics on probably 1-2 side bosses.

Not that some of their turn based combat engines weren't that, but let's not overreact to Kingdom Hearts being any more nuanced or sophisticated than that. That battle engine is triangle the video game, it's not like the bosses ask the player of anything other than the most basic of strategies.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ConanTheStoner

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

because fanboys like yourself have no clue. The combat system isn't what made ff xiii fail, kingdom hearts used a similar "action" combat system and the game was great, they failed where final fantasy usually shined, characters, world and story

Kingdom Hearts was an awful game, actually. It's one of the most disappointing games I have ever played. Simple, ridiculous combat system, bad level design, poor RPG elements, etc. Final Fantasy used to be a very good franchise up until FFX. X really wasn't that bad, but it wasn't as good as everything before it.

Well beyond that, FFXIII didn't really play like KH at all... maybe he's thinking of the upcoming FFXV?

But yeah, KH is shit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@jg4xchamp said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Not that some of their turn based combat engines weren't that, but let's not overreact to Kingdom Hearts being any more nuanced or sophisticated than that. That battle engine is triangle the video game, it's not like the bosses ask the player of anything other than the most basic of strategies.

Ofcourse I agree, my main issue with the old formular is.... that just standing there taking turns.... was fun years ago.... when limitations existed. but FF milked the hell out of it.

I dont think we will see anymore fantastic long tales like we use to.... seems to be a trend in gaming now because of the expected production values most of the time is spent making games look perfect as apposed to degree of content/gameplay/lenght.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

10 was the last good traditional Final Fantasy. I would hope they get back to that style eventually, since that is what built the fan base. 14 isn't bad, but it is good for different reasons unrelated to FF.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jg4xchamp

@ConanTheStoner said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Bingo

Faith still destroyed. XIII was a masterclass in being out of touch.. then they follow it up not once, but twice.

XV looks like incoming shit and though FF has always been sort of a gamble, at least if you weren't too fond of one, the next one would be out soon enough. I don't even want to know how far off FFXVI is.

Being the non-MMO guy that I am, I can't help but call my interest in the series dead. FFXII was what, 8 years ago? Shit.

And Realm Reborn was how long ago? Allegedly not a bad game

Dissidia was how long ago? not a bad game

The World Ends With You? Fucking terrific

Bravely Default? admittedly not just Square, and only for one half, but still a good game.

Any great studio can make a fucking stinker, Blizzard made Diablo 3, Miyamoto made Sunshine, Aunoma made Zelda's that aren't Majora's Mask, mother fucking Valve made boring ass Half Life 2 (OH SNAP!), it happens, and it should happen. True greatness is supposed to be rare, and it's not like FF8's junction system wasn't grade A bullshit, it's not FF12 wasn't MMO combat for dummies and didn't take an international version to make that game not dog trash, it's not like FF stories haven't been some of the stupidest shit you could ever experience. They've misfired plenty, I'd like to see how they bounce back.

If they choke they choke, but I wouldn't write them off just because FF13 sucked, and because KH gameplay never appealed to me.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

because not everyone thinks its a horrible series. critics may have ripped into it, but not everyone hates it. I for one had fun with ffxiii i just got stuck, but otherwise i didnt think it was horrible

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

For the same reason people think Call of Duty will stop being same-old-same-old or that it will eventually die out for good

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

The last great Final Fantasy was FFVIII. FFX was good. The others since have been so-so at best. I would love for them to get back to a game like FFVI (the best in the series to me) but that doesn't seem like that will happen. Not sure why they are making games such as FFXIII:LR. They have completely lost touch of what made the games so good from the 90's.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jg4xchamp

@MBirdy88 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Ofcourse I agree, my main issue with the old formular is.... that just standing there taking turns.... was fun years ago.... when limitations existed. but FF milked the hell out of it.

I dont think we will see anymore fantastic long tales like we use to.... seems to be a trend in gaming now because of the expected production values most of the time is spent making games look perfect as apposed to degree of content/gameplay/lenght.

Hmm honestly that's sort of their problem is that they aren't willing to adjust to their budgets.

Like okay you want to be this well produced thing, and you have these gameplay ideas, but then you can't seem to accept that maybe a jrpg doesn't need to 40 plus hours long, which kind of is their recent issue. Like Bravely Default with it's job system is pretty legit from the combat department, but no one on that team could accept that they made what was essentially a 15-20 hour game. So they just copied paste a bunch of shit to make it 40 because it's a "genre" standard, and so you get this game that has this atrocious second half that's just there for the sake of the game being long.

I actually don't think limiting themselves would hurt their cause necessarily, but they would need to have the gameplay to justify it, and the pacing to justify it. Personally I don't mind turn based combat when it's done right, the best ones should have some genuine tactical depth to them, with encounters that ask you to learn about the battle engine (Resonance of Fate for instance had some cool gameplay ideas, some dumb missions though). After playing something like Divinity I wouldn't bury the idea of turn based gameplay, but they need to be willing to let it expand past spectacle and all that shit, and actually look at it in a different way. Where is this strategy for this battle engine vs Hey look at this cool shit he's doing that you're watching for pressing one button :/

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PurpleMan5000
@jg4xchamp said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Bingo

Bravely Default? admittedly not just Square, and only for one half, but still a good game.

Any great studio can make a fucking stinker, Blizzard made Diablo 3, Miyamoto made Sunshine, Aunoma made Zelda's that aren't Majora's Mask, mother fucking Valve made boring ass Half Life 2 (OH SNAP!), it happens, and it should happen. True greatness is supposed to be rare, and it's not like FF8's junction system wasn't grade A bullshit, it's not FF12 wasn't MMO combat for dummies and didn't take an international version to make that game not dog trash, it's not like FF stories haven't been some of the stupidest shit you could ever experience. They've misfired plenty, I'd like to see how they bounce back.

If they choke they choke, but I wouldn't write them off just because FF13 sucked, and because KH gameplay never appealed to me.

SE makes good games that aren't Final Fantasy. The Last Remnant was one of my favorite games last gen. Final Fantasy is the series they use to recycle tired ideas and showcase graphics, though. It has been a very long time since they have made a good single player Final Fantasy video game.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ConanTheStoner

@jg4xchamp said:

And Realm Reborn was how long ago? not a bad game

Oh well sure, all of my favorite series have had at least one shit entry and most of my favorite studios have managed to drop the ball on occasion.

Realm Reborn is my own problem of course, I just don't dig MMOs.

Outside of that though, FF series specifically? Nothing left for me man. Single player main series FF spent last gen in the shitter... a long last gen. FFXV looks even less appealing. MAYBE FFXVI will change my mind some time in the next decade, but for the time being? I'm out.

I would love to be wrong about FFXV. Damn that would be great. I'm not one of these guys that are opposed to the series evolving. When everyone was crying over FFXII I was having a good time. I just don't see anything to be hopeful for at the moment.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jg4xchamp

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

SE makes good games that aren't Final Fantasy. The Last Remnant was one of my favorite games last gen. Final Fantasy is the series they use to recycle tired ideas and showcase graphics, though. It has been a very long time since they have made a good single player Final Fantasy video game.

And I'm not disagreeing with any of that, but I also wouldn't bury them just because it's not "consistent" or whatever the ****, mostly because I don't subscribe to the notion that even the best are consistent. They make games that are from great, glorified field fillers that have excuses made for them because the franchise must be treated like it's beyond reproach. FF and Square was no different during their glory days in that context, they had a rough stretch.

If the game actually starts showing something for starters, and that stuff sucks, then I feel more justified in saying I'm doubting the game.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

My guess is expecting a good game or to relive their past favorite FF game.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

All the lovely memories I have from Final Fantasy 7 to Crisis Core etc.

I won't buy FFXV new because they don't deserve my money. I will buy it from gamestop used because how dare you make us wait 10 years!!!! for a game?!

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I didn't even hate FFXII or even FFXIII that much. Both were admittedly mediocre, but I still had some fun with both and felt both had their positive aspects. Contrary to popular belief SE has made some good games last gen, and then Bravery Default this gen (along with some other stuff I'm maybe not thinking about this gen, but eh). For that reason I am still MILDLY interested in FFXV. Not really "hyped" or completely excited for it though, because SE has definitely done some stupid shit, and FFXII and FFXIII were, again, mediocre and still disappointing. And then of course there's the whole FFXV has taken decades to get finished part that certainly kills off some hype.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SolidGame_basic

@Netret0120 said:

I won't buy FFXV new because they don't deserve my money. I will buy it from gamestop used because how dare you make us wait 10 years!!!! for a game?!

true

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

after how many 13+? and no Versus or 15? People lost any hope and faith with Square Enix !

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@nihonking said:

Us FF fans have Stockholm syndrome we remember when FF was nice to us from 10 and down.

LOL

I love that!!!!!!

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

every game udner square enix name...yes including tombraider and hitman...are scripter linear nonsesne that try to much to impress instead of delvering what their predessors were famous on doing.

So which ff game was the best according to you guys?

nihonking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By nihonking
Member since 2013 • 187 Posts

@dakan45 said:

every game udner square enix name...yes including tombraider and hitman...are scripter linear nonsesne that try to much to impress instead of delvering what their predessors were famous on doing.

So which ff game was the best according to you guys?

9 and 8. 9 had clear character classes and 8 had a school and you had a job with a paycheck and so many modes of travel it felt like a complete planet I was on not just a map. Plus the story was ok the graphics were stunning esp now with mods.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#39 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Playing the remaster of X reminded me why I really loved Square back in the day, so I just cross my fingers their next installment will be good.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#40 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

This Iranian man explains very well why people like shit.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#41 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

FF XIII and its sequels were shit yes, but you shouldnt put down a whole series because of a few bad games. FF XII was good and from what I hear FF XIV ARR is aswell. FF XV looks good and is directed by Nomura (FF VII and Kingdom Hearts director). Its enough to get me excited. I'll see how it'll turn out

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts

Because FF is one of my favorite series and I loved the look of FFXV (Versus XII) when it was first announced (much much more than FFXII) and the game still looks great. Another thing I love about this FF is that it has a realtime battlesystem. I never hated turnbased gameplay but action based gameplay is much better imo.

After 8 years or so im still as hyped about the game.

Look at this trailer:

Loading Video...

And the Sountrack is God tier already:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
amillionhp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 amillionhp
Member since 2008 • 773 Posts

12 was the nail in the coffin for me. Shit was terrible. I actually made it all the way to the end and quit right before the final boss. I just... didn't care. Anyone saying "a few bad games shouldn't ruin the entire series" needs to consider its apparently all the most recent games that are pissing people off. That statement might carry a little more weight if the "bad eggs" were more sparsely distributed among the timeline. Otherwise people are inclined to think the trend will continue.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Netret0120 said:

true

so he wants a game that isnt up to their standards, polished and full of bugs/glitches?

i welcome delays for making a product better

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

It's not faith it's hope.

A big difference.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SolidGame_basic

@jsmoke03 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Netret0120 said:

true

so he wants a game that isnt up to their standards, polished and full of bugs/glitches?

i welcome delays for making a product better

between 1990 - 1994 : Final Fantasy 3, 4, 5, 6
between 1997 - 2002: Final Fantasy 7,8,9,10,11

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

FFXV looks about to be the only enjoyable FF title. Real time > Turn based.

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48  Edited By murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts

I just want Final Fantasy Tactics :'( PLZZZZ I NEED DIS

Xcom is good place holder but its not FFTactics

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@murat8 said:

I just want Final Fantasy Tactics :'( PLZZZZ I NEED DIS

Xcom is good place holder but its not FFTactics

I sincerly hope you are talking about the new Xcom and not the original...which wipes the floor with FFT

Although Tactics is a great game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Likely because I can name 2 mediocre FF games, and one bad out of... 15? And it is not faith assomeone else stated, it is indeed hope ^^ I hope they don't **** up, and the last MMO they attempted was quite good (objectively since I dislike MMOs and I found it horrible, I still acknowlage that it was a good game, just not one for me).

15 gives me a faint hope. I know that they can make good RPGs, they have been doing that on the side of the abomination that is 13, so it is not even a case of before or after. Just that 13 is so utteryly bad that alot of people felt that it was the end (states alot that one game can do that (well a game and 2 spinoffs, lets be honest, it is 3 games) So it could stand to reason that the issue with SE lies in the dna of the FF13 games? that they simply are horribly thought up and have horrible gameplay?

But prior to that ofcourse they did have a few mediocre games, so hope indeed :s