Why Did They Have To Sex Up Cortana?

• 198 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for black_chamber99
#1 Posted by black_chamber99 (1696 posts) -

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCcu3JkW6eL9UhR8wHYNi

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuyQ3r0QY5FDTiz-lAut8

2821593-web_preview.png

sexing up A.I characters is just unnecessary. its even more egregious what bioware did to EDI..computer programs don't need to be sexed up

she went from this

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0DnBDGsiGZPPT8D7YmoR

to this

edi.jpg

34r8xus.jpg

819_stream.jpg

and to top it off made her joker's personal sex toy. devs have no shame nowadays

child characters aren't even gonna be safe soon :?

#2 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -
Yummy.
#3 Posted by FPSfan1985 (2174 posts) -
Sex sells.
#4 Posted by AcidSoldner (7051 posts) -
So basement dwelling neckbears can rub one off during the cutscenes. Keeps them invested in the game.
#5 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
I consider that an improvement. Awesome camel toe. :P Seriously though, people will cry about anything these days won't they.
#6 Posted by madsnakehhh (16393 posts) -

Lol, that's really shameless...however it all has to do with Video Games main audience according to companies which are boys from 14 to 18 years old.

And maybe it kind of works, i remember having a huge crush on Jill.

jill

#7 Posted by the_bi99man (11250 posts) -

34r8xus.jpg

black_chamber99

Sportin' toe.

#8 Posted by Led_poison (10146 posts) -
Because Chief gets lonely.
#9 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -
[QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]So basement dwelling neckbears can rub one off during the cutscenes. Keeps them invested in the game.

Or because they want the character models to look realistic? Women have boobs. Maybe you never see any so you didn't know.
Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
#10 Posted by Raymundo_Manuel (4641 posts) -

To attract more lesbian gamers

#11 Posted by Basinboy (13837 posts) -

*exits before obligatory YOLO*

#12 Posted by FrozenLiquid (13557 posts) -

Raymundo_Manuel
:lol: Frickin' genius.
#13 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
dat camel toe
#14 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -
[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"][QUOTE="AcidSoldner"]So basement dwelling neckbears can rub one off during the cutscenes. Keeps them invested in the game.

Or because they want the character models to look realistic? Women have boobs. Maybe you never see any so you didn't know.

Someone's mad.
#15 Posted by chunkowookie (270 posts) -

Raymundo_Manuel

Unlike certain other folks on these forums, this man, in fact, speaks facts.

#16 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

As a heterosexual male, I don't like it when they do this. It alienates female players, and warps the mind of younger males into thinking that this is what women have to look like. I have intercoursed many different body shapes, colours, and ages of women. Boy that takes me back, that was a great day.

Short story - they do it because sex sells and is an easy stimuli to prod. I don't like it.

#17 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

I don't really care much, but what they did to Ashley in Mass Effect 3 was ridiculous. It's like she got breast implants or something.

#18 Posted by madsnakehhh (16393 posts) -

[QUOTE="Raymundo_Manuel"]

chunkowookie

Lol...

#19 Posted by Pittfan666 (8638 posts) -
Thanks for the mass effect spoilers. :(
#20 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

Fap material, what else?

#21 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

Why can't they have more games which feature more realistic looking women? Like Fat Princess? This is one area where Sony has the right idea.

fat-princess-fatness-concept-art.png

#22 Posted by XVision84 (15570 posts) -

The fanbase would've sexed her up anyways, might as well save them the trouble and do it yourself.

#23 Posted by AdobeArtist (25096 posts) -

You act as if this is anything new? Cortana was "sexed up" from the very day she debut. Even as a hologram/ai, whether you looked at her character design as "naked" or in a skintight blue suit, it was still derived from the "ideal" feminine physique (at least by most cultural standards) and it really showed in a completely unobscured display of all the curves of a womans "body".

Sex appeal was pretty obviously deliberate in Cortana's design from the get-go. Hell she's always made a spot in any of those "Hottest Game Characters" Top 10 (or at least Top 20) lists from any number of web sites over the years, going as far back as Halo CE.

And let's be honest, she's no different from most other female leads and support characters (Jill Valentine, Lara Croft, Samus Aran, Tifa, Aya Brae... take your pick) in the medium.

#24 Posted by platniumgamer (3960 posts) -

she is hotter than jonwh.

#26 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -
who cares? she looks better, whats the problem?
#27 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

the one with the camel toe, are you sure it wasn't some scrub that shopped it? Because that's ridiculous.

#28 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I don't know, I don't think they should do that to video game girls anyway, who wants to watch cartoon boobs? Especially a computer one? Only reason why Master Cheif has a computer girl friend is because he cannot get a real one. He is boring, his personality is super shallow and he is monotone.

Same dull voice, what does he look like under the helmet? Does anyone really care? Probably just some bald genric army guy. He wears it all the time, he is probably super pale now, and since he obviously can't shave with it on he has a HUGE beard, he probably doesn't brush his teeth either.

So you just have a tall big guy with super pale skin like a corpse, a giant piarte/santa beard, ugly brown or missing teeth, and a boring shallow personality where his only hobbies include shooting purple and green aliens with guns that feel like super soakers at best.

No girl would ever like him, so he has to make a computer girl friend instead.

#29 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

I don't know, I don't think they should do that to video game girls anyway, who wants to watch cartoon boobs? Especially a computer one?

Only reason why Master Cheif has a computer girl friend is because he cannot get a real one. He is boring, his personality is super shallow and he is monotone. Same dull voice, what does he look like under the helmet? Does anyone really care? Probably just some bald genric army guy. He wears it all the time, he is probably super pale now, and since he obviously can't shave with it on he has a HUGE beard, he probably doesn't brush his teeth either.

So you just have a tall big guy with super pale skin like a corpse, a giant piarte/santa beard, ugly brown or missing teeth, and a boring shallow personality where his only hobbies include shooting purple and green aliens with guns that feel like super soakers at best.

ShadowMoses900
terrible troll bait and embarrassing attempt at being funny. i told you dude, you have an awful sense of humor, find a new thing.
#30 Posted by platniumgamer (3960 posts) -

I don't know, I don't think they should do that to video game girls anyway, who wants to watch cartoon boobs? Especially a computer one? Only reason why Master Cheif has a computer girl friend is because he cannot get a real one. He is boring, his personality is super shallow and he is monotone.

Same dull voice, what does he look like under the helmet? Does anyone really care? Probably just some bald genric army guy. He wears it all the time, he is probably super pale now, and since he obviously can't shave with it on he has a HUGE beard, he probably doesn't brush his teeth either.

ShadowMoses900

you're getting worse... what happen to you?

#31 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -

ShadowMoses900
Someone's mad he can't afford a new 360.
#32 Posted by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

platniumgamer

remember when people took him seriously?
#33 Posted by AdobeArtist (25096 posts) -

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

lawlessx

Since when?

#34 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -
[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

lawlessx

remember when he was conducting a super secret psychological study on SW for some company? :lol:
#35 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="platniumgamer"]you're getting worse... what happen to you?mems_1224

remember when he was conducting a super secret psychological study on SW for some company? :lol:

He might need professional help.
#36 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16679 posts) -

[QUOTE="Raymundo_Manuel"]

chunkowookie

Oh boy... was that necessary?
#37 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

Well my comment clearly rustled some Lem jimmies....that means it's true. The truth makes people mad.

You guys are just mad that you don't have PS3's and can't play as Nathan Drake. That guy not only get's one girl, but 2, and he does it because he is cool and has an interesting personality. Not like Master Chief at all.

#38 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16679 posts) -

I cant comment on Cortana because Halo...bleh, but EDI was a fine example of sexing up, we all know why, sexy characters draw more attention just take a look around check signatures, avatars etc. And you'll find a lot of good looking female characters.

#39 Posted by AdobeArtist (25096 posts) -

Well my comment clearly rustled some Lem jimmies....that means it's true. The truth makes people mad.

You guys are just mad that you don't have PS3's and can't play as Nathan Drake. That guy not only get's one girl, but 2, and he does it because he is cool and has an interesting personality. Not like Master Chief at all.

ShadowMoses900

What's ironic is that a fictional and virtual character has more personality than you :P

#40 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -

ShadowMoses900
Sounds like you got a little crush on him.
#41 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

ShadowMoses900
booooo. get off the stage
#42 Posted by platniumgamer (3960 posts) -

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

lawlessx

now he's just a loosingends... well worse than loosingends.

#43 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4365 posts) -
Who is more stale shadowmoses or ispeakfact?
#44 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

AdobeArtist

What's ironic is that a fictional and virtual character has more personality than you :P

That was a minor blow to my self esteem

#45 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -
Who is more stale shadowmoses or ispeakfact?JohnnyCageMK
ispeak occasionally posts hilarious pics. shadowmoses has bad jokes and obvious troll bait
#46 Posted by lawlessx (48753 posts) -
[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="platniumgamer"]you're getting worse... what happen to you?mems_1224

oh s**** was that him? i remember that :lol:
#47 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
why not? If im going to be staring at something... i rather it look good instead of ugly
#48 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="lawlessx"] remember when people took him seriously?lawlessx

Yes. He is telling the truth. However I do not remember the name of the thread. If I did I would link it. Mems may be a super lem, but he is not a liar, and I respect him for that.

#49 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] remember when he was conducting a super secret psychological study on SW for some company? :lol:ShadowMoses900

Yes. He is telling the truth. However I do not remember the name of the thread. If I did I would link it. Mems may be a super lem, but he is not a liar, and I respect him for that.

not a super lem. my time is about evenly split between 360 and pc lately.
#50 Posted by Cheleman (8198 posts) -

i think she looks uglier in this game for some reason...

I though she was sexier in Halo3, which i liked:P