Why can't we just have a great system?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

Why does there always have to be something less than stellar with all of these game systems?

The Xbox one has the perfect controller and the best online and awesome backwards compatibility, but the system is too weak, with far fewer games than the ps4.

The ps4 is a nice, powerful system with the best game lineup this gen and a good online service, but it's controller is a complete disaster with that abysmal battery life, that goofy analog sick setup, and that annoying touchpad. Plugging your controller into your console ended in 2005. To hell with that nonsense.

The switch is a gaming tablet that will get some good Nintendo games, but not much else, making it only worth a purchase for playing Mario, Metroid, and Zelda. It's got those odd controllers, it's the weakest system available, and it's basically a reiteration if the failed Wii u, having Incorporated all of its features.

The PC is probably the closest to being perfect with is variable performance options, control schemes, software lineup, and free online play, but it's big problem is the complexity of having to interface with its OS and the problems that brings with it - incompatibilities with hardware, driver problems, OS problems, tweaks and fixes that should be a thing of the past, etc.

Seems like it's too​ hard for the gaming market to figure out that people want great games, great controllers, and great online play on powerful machines.

Avatar image for 666BumbleBee666
666BumbleBee666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 666BumbleBee666
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

We have the greatest system the Xbox One.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

PC gaming is significantly easier nowadays.

If there is a driver problem, OS problem, etc., it's usually the dev's fault for sidelining PC develpment and porting. And besides, consoles also have firmware problems. AC Syndicate used to be running smoothly on PS4 until Sony f*cked it up with their firmware.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

Just get a PC and Nintendo console, and you're all set. You get the best of everything. Ignore those other two wannabe PCs and get the real shit.

666BumbleBee666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 666BumbleBee666

@Litchie said:

Just get a PC and Nintendo console, and you're all set. You get the best of everything. Ignore those other two wannabe PCs and get the real shit.

Excuse me, you are talking a bunch of shit. Nintendo consoles are lame as hell and computers are a fucking head ache.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

Yeah, it's called a PC.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Litchie

@666BumbleBee666: Lol. Have fun with your shitbox without games. If you like gaming, you're severely hampering yourself.

666BumbleBee666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 666BumbleBee666

@Litchie said:

@666BumbleBee666: Lol. Have fun with your shitbox without games. If you like gaming, you're severely hampering yourself.

It has plenty of games and it is called Xbox One. Not shitbox. I do not need thirty devices to call myself a gamer, just one device to rule them all.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jebus213

@666BumbleBee666 said:
@Litchie said:

Excuse me, you are talking a bunch of shit. Nintendo consoles are lame as hell and computers are a fucking head ache.

Yes, PC is a headache when you're a moron.

I don't have problems with the things you people have stated with my PC's over the past 8 years. Sorry.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

It's coming and it's called Scorpio.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Litchie

@666BumbleBee666: And you chose the worst. XD At least it's not me..

Also, I don't agree two devices equals thirty.

666BumbleBee666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 666BumbleBee666

@Jebus213 said:
@666BumbleBee666 said:
@Litchie said:

I don't have problems with my PC's. Sorry.

The hole in your theory is that I am not a moron. Why play games on the same device you use for work? Makes no sense.

666BumbleBee666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 666BumbleBee666

@Archangel3371 said:

Indeed, fanboys are coming all out the woodwork to cast doubt on it's glory. I just do not see how people can look at themselves in the mirror and disrespect Xbox.

@Litchie said:

@666BumbleBee666: And you chose the worst. XD At least it's not me..

Also, I don't agree two devices equals thirty.

No I didn't, Xbox One is the best. The Switch is garbage that is designed worse than the Wii U which is a feat within itself.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Just buy all the systems.

Problem solved.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Archangel3371

@666BumbleBee666: Judgement day is coming at this year's E3 and they're all running around in a fevered panic.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jebus213

@Archangel3371 said:

shilling to MS is very unhealthy.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Archangel3371

@Jebus213: It's not "schilling" if it's true.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jebus213
@xdude85 said:

Just buy all the systems.

Problem solved.

Everything except my PC would collect dust though.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

That's why many of us are on PC, for the best all-around experience.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Litchie

@666BumbleBee666: Why are you saying you're not a moron, and then put the dumbest comment I've ever seen in the same post? Am I talking to a minor?

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jebus213
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

That's why many of us are on PC, for the best all-around experience.

Watch out, TC had a bad time with his shitty PC.

>FX series CPU

>Complains about performance

That should be enough right their.

666BumbleBee666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 666BumbleBee666

@Litchie said:

@666BumbleBee666: Why are you saying you're not a moron, and then put the dumbest comment I've ever seen in the same post? Am I talking to a minor?

No I am not a kid. I should be asking you the same question as you seem so packed full of venom towards Xbox. How old are you because you post like a teenager? Face it Xbox wipes the floor with anything Nintendo has to offer.

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

You're talking about the Snes there.. ;) that's a great system.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Hey TC, you do know there are ways around your "problems"? You do know, for example, you can use other controllers on your PS4? With an adapter you can even use an xBox One controller on it?

How is the xOne too weak (compared to the PS4)? They are both weak PCs and pretty close together and far away for a modern PC with a 1080Ti.

The Switch pretty much just released and already has some 3rd party support. How can you predict the future? Sure it MIGHT not get some AAA titles, but did you see the library of the 3DS for example? There are tons of fantastic 3rd party games on it.

Issues on PC are exaggerated. I have over 1000 games on Steam and only had issues with very few games, probably less than 10. Sure sometimes they release broken and get fixed later, but you can fix them at least when they are broken. I had PS3 and PS4 games that were unplayable and had no way to fix them, as the PS3/4 has no mod support.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

My PC is perfect.

I get the best graphical games, the biggest library and the most options, emulators are very close to doing PS3's and 360s efficiently, and at this point there are virtually zero "exclusives" worth a damn on consoles, sooooo..... Im good.

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26 Kjtc1979
Member since 2017 • 365 Posts

@666BumbleBee666 said:
@Litchie said:

No I am not a kid. I should be asking you the same question as you seem so packed full of venom towards Xbox. How old are you because you post like a teenager? Face it Xbox wipes the floor with anything Nintendo has to offer.

The inability to imagine that others may reach a different conclusion than you about what is best for them is quite child-like.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@666BumbleBee666 said:
@Jebus213 said:
@666BumbleBee666 said:
@Litchie said:

The hole in your theory is that I am not a moron. Why play games on the same device you use for work? Makes no sense.

Lol, what complete tosh. It's blatantly obvious you have never played a game on high end PC. Besides what exactly do you think a PS4 or Xbox One are, if they are not low/mid tear X86 PC's in custom box?

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts

@666BumbleBee666 said:
@Jebus213 said:
@666BumbleBee666 said:
@Litchie said:

why play games on device you watch shitty shows and movies ? :P

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#30 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I really like the PS4. It's powerful enough, the library is simply massive, and while i do prefer the Xbox controllers, the latest dualshock design is pretty good.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@666BumbleBee666 said:

Why play games on the same device you use for work? Makes no sense.

Why go through the trouble of making a troll account only to out yourself with ancient bait? Makes no sense.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@tjandmia said:

Why does there always have to be something less than stellar with all of these game systems?

The Xbox one has the perfect controller and the best online and awesome backwards compatibility, but the system is too weak, with far fewer games than the ps4.

The ps4 is a nice, powerful system with the best game lineup this gen and a good online service, but it's controller is a complete disaster with that abysmal battery life, that goofy analog sick setup, and that annoying touchpad. Plugging your controller into your console ended in 2005. To hell with that nonsense.

The switch is a gaming tablet that will get some good Nintendo games, but not much else, making it only worth a purchase for playing Mario, Metroid, and Zelda. It's got those odd controllers, it's the weakest system available, and it's basically a reiteration if the failed Wii u, having Incorporated all of its features.

The PC is probably the closest to being perfect with is variable performance options, control schemes, software lineup, and free online play, but it's big problem is the complexity of having to interface with its OS and the problems that brings with it - incompatibilities with hardware, driver problems, OS problems, tweaks and fixes that should be a thing of the past, etc.

Seems like it's too​ hard for the gaming market to figure out that people want great games, great controllers, and great online play on powerful machines.

I like how you think your opinion or just an opinion you pulled out of lemming assholes is justified. I have played the xbox one, it's controller sucks, the ps4 is better. The ps4 is the most comfy one out there.

You ever think you're just used to the xbox controllers and the dualshock 4 is actually a good controller that's foreign to you like how the xbox one controller felt shitty to me?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Yeah, id just go PC and Switch. You get the best of both worlds.

grant-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 grant-12
Member since 2017 • 28 Posts

rything all at once!

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@tjandmia said:

I must own a different PS4 than you do!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Hang tight man, our Dream Machine is just months away...

Mighty Scorpio with RDR2... Baby!! :P

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@kjtc1979 said:

The inability to imagine that others may reach a different conclusion than you about what is best for them is quite child-like.

Whoa, whoa. That type of logic is not suitable for SW. Irrational thoughts and trolling is what is best for SW.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

...... Because that's life?

There is no such thing as perfection is an impossibility, perfection by it's very nature would be unchanging so we would have one console forever no change no improvement... Static.... While it would be the perfect thing there would be no change and that leads into a while ball of philosophical concepts such as if it were perfect we wouldn't even play it.... It would play the games for us.... Etc etc

But the easy answer is.... That's life.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@666BumbleBee666 said:

lol

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

I have never had any issue with the controller for the PS4, not even battery life. So the PS4 is the better system by far for me right now. I am mainly a PC gamer, with Steams Big Picture mode and the really cheap games, it has never been easier or cheaper. It's haven't had any issue with hardware or drivers since the windows Vista era. There's been a few times when Nvidia haven't updated their drivers yet but then we are talking about hours or a few days before it's fixed and that concerns just one game.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Yeah. It's called PS4. And it's pretty much all you need if you're a console gamer, who really prefers to stick to a single console.

With PS4 (and Pro), You're pretty much set if you want to buy an excellent, well rounded console.

For 4 generations in a row, the Playstation brand has been delivering a lot of things, consistently right.

1. Putting out exclusives - wide variety of them
  2. Having an excellent relationship with 3rd party dev/pubs
Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#42 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

@M8ingSeezun said:

Yeah. It's called PS4. And it's pretty much all you need if you're a console gamer, who really prefers to stick to a single console.

With PS4 (and Pro), You're pretty much set if you want to buy an excellent, well rounded console.

For 4 generations in a row, the Playstation brand has been delivering a lot of things, consistently right.

This^^^

A lot of people don't like the controller......

Just go find a good quality third party controller. Or get grip and trigger attachments for the standard controller. I'm sure if you are willing to look you can find a controller that works for you.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@666BumbleBee666 said:

Are you having a stroke? :P

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@M8ingSeezun said:

Thank You! Who cares what the failing Xbox can do if they have no good games to play and are constantly shitted on as far as exclusives. BOTW, Persona 5, Horizon, y'kno GOTY contenders. None are on Xbox. Period. I wouldn't care if it had twice the specs of my PS4; I'm good on it lol

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Something something proprietary bullshit something something anti-consumer tactics something something thank god the PC space has come so far in recent times.

Stick with PC, TC. It's going places whereas the traditional console market is a sinking ship.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#47 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

@tjandmia said:

The solution for PS4 is a Cronus Max Plus. Use my Xbox Elite controller on my PS4 regularly. I wire it to the Cronus Max but it is possible to go wireless as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

PC.. Even prebuilts are increasing in quality and price competitiveness.. Where you are not paying much more than you would build it your self.. Hell laptops this current gen has skyrocketed in performance while lowering in price.. A laptop with a 1060 gpu in it can be had for just over $1000.. Years earlier to get anything with that kind of power in a laptop you would need to spend upwards to $1800 or more easily.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I have an XB1, PS4, Wii U, and Switch, and I regret nothing.

People need to stop whining so much, seriously, between all those systems, there's more games than I have time to keep up with.

Avatar image for harnessthepower
HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 HarnessThePower
Member since 2017 • 267 Posts

Xbox One S is a very solid console. If it had a few more exclusives I would say perhaps the GOAT. That being said, Scorpio is going to cause a thunderstorm of AAA-AAAAE games to rain down on us like Mana from heaven. Microsoft knows what it is doing. I trust Bill Gates.

Also, I agree that PS4's controller is a total joke. Now only is it uncomfortable, but they haven't even innovated the vibration feedback like Xbox One. Also, the battery life is just SAD. Try playing for more than 4 hours in 1 sitting. Failathon.