Why can't the consoles run old PC games?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by MaskedPlayer (892 posts) -

why cant pc play red dead redemption (one of the best games this gen)

and why is there a petition to get GTAV (one of the biggest games this gen) a pc release?

OldSnakePS3
GTA V will relese a few months after consoles. I dont know what idiot made a petition
#52 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

why cant pc play red dead redemption (one of the best games this gen)

and why is there a petition to get GTAV (one of the biggest games this gen) a pc release?

OldSnakePS3

It is coming to PC eventually, with Red Dead, I heard development was difficult and the team dissolved which may have made it a pain to port to PC, while as a new IP (though I like to think of it as "Grand Theft Horse") it didn't have an established fanbase on PC so to speak, especially with it's predecessor (in name and setting only) Red Dead Revolver being console only.

GTA V will come to PC eventually, PC gamers just want their voice heard and want more equality. I think the problem is that Rockstar wants to get the game out sooner rather then later, and while PC WILL get it eventually, if Rockstar wanted it to come out the same time as on consoles they'd end up forcing console players to wait longer instead of being able to move up the PC date, unless they were willing to release a half broken PC port same day as on consoles.

I mean, PC development is hard, and Rockstar tends to be incredibly ambitious and stringent with what they do. I guess they are rich enough though that they could just throw more money and devs for the PC port and not force the console version to come out later or force the PC version to be suckier. That's just a theory since I don't think there are a lot of other valid reasons apart from "teh piracy", and it's something developers do when they have difficulty for a system but don't want to delay all versions (plus they did do that with GTA IV when the PS3 was giving them issues and so they delayed all versions, my guess is it would be like that, but with PC holding back the release).