Why can't gamers accept the Xbox One X is a good console?

• 143 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5ebd39d683340
deactivated-5ebd39d683340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5ebd39d683340
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

@BassMan: bait comment. Is PUBG using an old build. Is PUBG in it's final release? Is PUBG even a good optimized game to begin with. Is the low fps in origins happening frequently. bait bait bait. I am out of this childish forum.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#102 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts
@jahnee said:

@BassMan: bait comment. Is PUBG using an old build. Is PUBG in it's final release? Is PUBG even a good optimized game to begin with. Is the low fps in origins happening frequently. bait bait bait. I am out of this childish forum.

Both those games are 30fps target on X1X which in itself is bad. The fact that they dip that low is pathetic. PUBG may not be well optimized overall, but I would have to try really hard to make the game that cinematic on my PC. So, X1X definitely has PC beat if you are looking for the cinematic experience. I5fps and 12fps... man... those games may get nominated for an Oscar.

Wydocq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By Wydocq
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

Dont undertand hype about exclusives. Blah-blah-blah, xbox one dont have exclusives, all other games you can play on PC. Hell yeah, Console 400 euros and gaming PC for 2000 euros. And buy every year new graphic card for 400 euros.

Some people use consoles just to play games. It is gaming platform. I purchased my desktop for 1800 euros, but solely for engineering purposes, i can run any game on it right now, but i am not crazy enough to do it. And some people are not interested in games that PS4 can offer to customer.

So exclusive point is too subjective. Xbox is amazing platform, with or without some games.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#104 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34595 Posts

@wydocq said:

Dont undertand hype about exclusives. Blah-blah-blah, xbox one dont have exclusives, all other games you can play on PC. Hell yeah, Console 400 euros and gaming PC for 2000 euros. And buy every year new graphic card for 400 euros.

Some people use consoles just to play games. It is gaming platform. I purchased my desktop for 1800 euros, but solely for engineering purposes, i can run any game on it right now, but i am not crazy enough to do it. And some people are not interested in games that PS4 can offer to customer.

So exclusive point is too subjective. Xbox is amazing platform, with or without some games.

Jesus Christ. You don't need to buy a new graphics card for 400 euros every year. Stop being a fucking idiot.

BluFalconUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 BluFalconUltra
Member since 2014 • 459 Posts

@wydocq said:

Um exclusives are the difference. I can play the same games you play on PC and more on PS4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a411408acdf8
deactivated-5a411408acdf8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#106  Edited By deactivated-5a411408acdf8
Member since 2010 • 390 Posts

@jahnee said:

@LasDK: 12-12-2017 patch origins. Check benchmarks for GTX 1070 on high for all mentioned games. Check I said 1800-2160p which indicated dynamic scaling (check DifitalFoundry for asset comparisons as well). Check the rest of my comment. Stop cherry picking please and start doing your own research before you jump to conclusions.

A 1070 will beat the One X without a sweat. One X struggles to maintain 30 fps with custom settings in demanding AAA games. Ultra preset on PC looks way better, so you can't compare them anyway. The view distance on Xbox One X is laughable in AC Origins, compared to PC. Lots of NPC's onscreen on One X and fps takes a nosedrive. CPU can't handle it. A Sandy Bridge i5/i7 from 2012 is simply much much faster than the weak Jaguar architechture used in One X. Fact. Any newer CPU on PC will manhandle the One X's weak CPU. Even Pentiums and i3.

Jaguar was developed for tablets and netbooks (aka ultra low-end laptops) back in 2013. That's the CPU architechture you have inside One X... For running multi platform / PC games. It takes alot of tweaking from dev's to even hit 30 fps in demanding games with such a weak CPU. That's why they raise resolution instead of fps. Higher resolution = more GPU load, but easy on the CPU.

Hitting 1800-2160p with 15-30 fps is much easier for dev's than hitting 1080p with 45-60 fps on weak Jaguar tech. CPU vs GPU bottleneck.

GPU in Xbox One X is decent, but the CPU is severely outdated. And this is why Microsoft only talked about the GPU / TFLOPS.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

It's ripe for picking from all sides really. The only thing it has going for it is that it plays multi-plat games slightly better than a Pro. Otherwise, Sony and Switch fans mock because they have more exclusives and PC owners laugh because they get the same games and their 2012 CPU beats it in performance.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Because most people who buy consoles buy it for their exclusives , which the Xbox this generation lacks.

The only people who defend the xb1x are lemmings here whom somehow convinced themselves that exclusives doesn't matter ands all about playing Xbox 360 games in 4K or play games that pc is able to play atv4K @ 60fps but they rather play it at 4K @12fps-30fps . Lemmings are in a bad state this gen ?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@jahnee said:

@LasDK: 12-12-2017 patch origins. Check benchmarks for GTX 1070 on high for all mentioned games. Check I said 1800-2160p which indicated dynamic scaling (check DifitalFoundry for asset comparisons as well). Check the rest of my comment. Stop cherry picking please and start doing your own research before you jump to conclusions.

A GTX1070 smashes X in AC:O..... even dynamic scaling can't help X.

Wydocq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Wydocq

@Litchie:

@Litchie said:
@wydocq said:

Jesus Christ. You don't need to buy a new graphics card for 400 euros every year. Stop being a fucking idiot.

Wow, what an argument, need ass extinguisher or some drugs? :'D Another fool, who think that he can play games on 400$ PC?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#111 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34595 Posts

@wydocq said:

@Litchie:

@Litchie said:
@wydocq said:

Wow, what an argument, need ass extinguisher or some drugs? :'D Another fool, who think that he can play games on 400$ PC?

No, I'm just not a fucking idiot going online saying you need to upgrade your graphics card for 400 euros every year. So again, stop being an idiot.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44048 Posts

@wydocq said:

Indeed, Real gamers play on the Mightiest Gaming console, X1X MonsterBox MasterRace and not Word processing/Excel spreadsheet, Pee Salty Seas. :P

Wydocq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Wydocq

@Litchie said:
@wydocq said:

@Litchie:

@Litchie said:
@wydocq said:

No, I'm just not a fucking idiot going online saying you need to upgrade your graphics card for 400 euros every year. So again, stop being an idiot.

I will ask your opinion about it, if i ever need it :) Thanks.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#114 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Dark_sageX said:

I will accept that the Xbox ONE X is a great console for 1080p gaming, and I will accept that it is the most powerful console on the market. I will however not accept that:

- It performs on par with a PC that has a GTX 1070

- That its a "proper" 4k system

- That it is in any particular way an "impressive" machine.

Because all those claims are rubbish. There is absolutely nothing advanced about the Xbox ONE X.

Come on now, compared to other consoles it is advanced. You gotta remove PC's from the equation. Console v Console.

And there are games that have 4K textures and run at 1440P 60FPS. Sure, it's just one, but that's not nothing.

Even if we look at consoles vs consoles, it isn't advanced. It is slightly better than a Pro. It has nothing special in it. It has a decent GPU with a terrible CPU. Nothing advanced there. But we should compare these to PCs as these consoles are coming more and more to PC-like generation after generation. And if you do that, then it is an unbalanced PC.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#115 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I would say every console that has ever been somewhat popular has been a good console. You would have to go back in time for decades or find an offbrand type console to not get your money's worth.

I just don't think it's a very good console compared to what else you can buy right now. But I'm sure there are cases where the Xbox One makes the most sense. (Like all your friends use Xbox One, or you don't care about good games.)

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@blufalconultra said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@LasDK said:

A good console has exclusives.

Except for when the PS4 launched with lousy exclusives and only had price and power on its side for a solid 3-4 years.

Right? No?

Please shut the heck up already. PS4 destroys Xbox when it comes to exclusives. Stop bringing up the pat. Bloodborne was better than any game that MS had since Gears of War way back in 2006. So was The Last of Us, Uncharted, Infamous Second Son, Until Dawn, Beyond 2 Souls and Puppeteer. LOL. I love how you fanboys love to cherry pick and move the goal posts. Only thing Xbox One had at launch was Forza. Nothing else mattered as everything flopped. Even Gears and Halo didn't sell that much this generation. You can not win this battle kid so let it go. Bloodborne is worth more than all the games MS own combined quality wise LOL. The Last of Us Remastered and Uncharted the Nathan Drake collection both outsold Halo The Master Chief Collection. MS biggest franchise couldn't sell the Xbox One ROFL. Stop already or I will destroy you more. You cock roaches will be crushed. After November NPD you have nothing to talk crap about. You lost.

@UssjTrunks said:

Because it's not.

Bingo! Lied about "true 4K" when it does checkerboard like the Pro, lied about 60fps when all the games are 30fps, lied about the best graphics when games look no better and most have screen tear, and lied about the most powerful console when the CPU is trash. Anymore questions?

And still no exclusives.

I will not be silenced, sir. You don't have to like my opinion but you sure as hell can't tell me to shut up. What's funny is the PS4 fanboys are the ones moving the goal post.

Power matters. Power doesn't matter. Exclusives don't matter. Exclusives are all that matter.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#117 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

PS4 is the best/amazing console with tons of awesome games.

Xbox One is a “Good console” with no games.

Switch is a terrible console with no games.

I can easily admit the Xbox one is a “good” console.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By deactivated-5ebd39d683340

@LasDK: I am aware of how bottlenecking works. I have played Origins on the X and barely noticed framedips after 12-12-2017. I

You guys on this forum see a specific word and instantly jump on it without reading further. Let me again put things in capital letters for you. ORIGINS ON X GOT PATCHED 12-12-2017, LOD AND DRAW DISTANCE IS NOW ON ULTRA.

not only that, but the fps never dips below 25. Heck it didn't even dip to 15 before the patch unless some unoptimized scene happened, which was very very rare and didn't last long. GTX 1070 stock runs origins ultra 4k avg 24fps, with dips as well. And again you nitpicked my post. 60fps pretty much stable on all the rest of the games with X running on pretty much ultra minus some shadow detail and hbao++. It's impressive, you are in denial if it isn't.

If optimized right and especially for cpu lighter games than origins, the X can outperform the GTX 1070. Just check benchmarks and assets comparisons on external websites and you can't deny this to be true.

Origins is one of the most CPU heavy games in years. I am surprised the X's cpu holds up. That's console optimization for you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-5ebd39d683340

@scatteh316: GTX 1070 stock 4k 24fps avg (ultra). Xbox one X 29-30fps 1800-2160p (avg above 2000p) Ultra with the exception of shadow set to high and hbao++ a bit lower. GTX 1070 has more dips, especially after 12-12-2017 patch for the Xbox one X. Rest of my listed games the X shreds the GTX 1070 where mentioned. The console with optimization is more capable due to the memory bandwith and 384bit bus buddy.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#120 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

A console is not just about hardware, it's about games as well.

The PS4 Pro is a much better balance of hardware and games including exclusives.

What is so impressive about the Xbox One X. t's just a graphics card upgrade. I don't have either, but the choice is so easy for me, I'd go with the PS4 Pro.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By deactivated-5ebd39d683340

@HalcyonScarlet: It's got the best multiplayer games on consoles with the best graphics matching that with ultra textures and high settings leveled to a GTX 1070 or RX 580 OC depending on the game. All developers will want to show off their multiplat games on the X. RDR2, Anthem, Metro Exodus, Far Cry 5, Monster Hunter World, Metal Gear survive will all look better on the X unless you got a good pc(wont be able to play RDR2 though).

With Forza 7, Forza Horizon 3, Minecraft, Gears of War 4, Halo 5, Halo Wars 2 ,XBL Arcade & soon Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, PubG, Halo 6. All these games aim at the multiplayer and or co-op crowd. Xbox Live is still better than PSN no doubt. Half of the Playstation crowd is into the yearly fifa/cod games when it comes to MP and that's it.

It's very unfortunate that MS lost it's co-op RPG Fable and lost it's exclusive JRPG lineup like Blue Dragon & Lost Odyssey & Eternal Sonata to name a few. Japanese games have excellent story driven games, and that's exactly what Xbox lacks.

If you own a good gaming pc with anything above a GTX 1060 then the Xbox one X is not worth it if Halo or couch gaming is not your thing. Most games are available on PC, it's the jack of all trades platform this gen unlike last gen's Xbox 360.

Playstation 4 has the best story based games, and it has a ton of them so there is no doubt about wanting such a console if that is your thing. If you want near ultra pc graphics at 4k with a library of 150 enhanced games with a total library of 1400 games and with a uhd blu ray icing on top and care of exciting co-op multiplayer or are a couch gamer and love split screen. The X could just be the very best console out there. 1400 games is nowhere close to having no games.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Because I still haven't forgiven them for this.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#123  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

@jahnee said:

@HalcyonScarlet: It's got the best multiplayer games on consoles with the best graphics matching that with ultra textures and high settings leveled to a GTX 1070 or RX 580 OC depending on the game. All developers will want to show off their multiplat games on the X. RDR2, Anthem, Metro Exodus, Far Cry 5, Monster Hunter World, Metal Gear survive will all look better on the X unless you got a good pc(wont be able to play RDR2 though).

With Forza 7, Forza Horizon 3, Minecraft, Gears of War 4, Halo 5, Halo Wars 2 ,XBL Arcade & soon Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2, PubG, Halo 6. All these games aim at the multiplayer and or co-op crowd. Xbox Live is still better than PSN no doubt. Half of the Playstation crowd is into the yearly fifa/cod games when it comes to MP and that's it.

It's very unfortunate that MS lost it's co-op RPG Fable and lost it's exclusive JRPG lineup like Blue Dragon & Lost Odyssey & Eternal Sonata to name a few. Japanese games have excellent story driven games, and that's exactly what Xbox lacks.

If you own a good gaming pc with anything above a GTX 1060 then the Xbox one X is not worth it if Halo or couch gaming is not your thing. Most games are available on PC, it's the jack of all trades platform this gen unlike last gen's Xbox 360.

Playstation 4 has the best story based games, and it has a ton of them so there is no doubt about wanting such a console if that is your thing. If you want near ultra pc graphics at 4k with a library of 150 enhanced games with a total library of 1400 games and with a uhd blu ray icing on top and care of exciting co-op multiplayer or are a couch gamer and love split screen. The X could just be the very best console out there. 1400 games is nowhere close to having no games.

'best multiplayer games' what do you mean, pretty much all games are on the PS4 and PC as well. The only real benefit to developing on the XXbone first, is that under DX12 they can port games to the Xbone and PC from there. But developers go where the sames are usually, so that may mean PS4, or because of DX12, they may combine the sales of Xbox and PC as sort of one development platform if that makes any sense?

Xbox live could be a good sole reason to some gamers to get an Xbone instead. In fact that could be one of the biggest main reasons.

I don't know what "&" means.

The misconception about the PC is that it's just about graphics, it's about anything you need it to be. There's nothing 'jack of all trades' about it, it has the most games spanning decades and the most options for any needs. Jack of trades makes it sound like it isn't particularly good at anything, where as actually it excels at nearly everything.

Huge unfounded generalisations about 'half the PS crowd' baseless to say the least.

No, it doesn't have 'ultra PC settings'. 'High setting leveled at a GTX 1070'? My ass is it somehow as powerful as a graphics card priced the same as the entire console, not to mention the XXbones cpu bottleneck. The games seem to perform mid to high with dynamic resolution, usually not actually coming at native 4K. But here's the thing, console performance has never meant anything to gamers, consistently they just follow the one with the games and exclusives. I remember I said to PS2 gamers that the Xbox was more powerful, they didn't care in the least.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@wydocq said:

Exclusives are actually bad for consumers because it takes away your preferences and choices for hardware. For some dumb reason rooted in psychology, too many consumers here are just too biased and stupid to realize that. They want to latch onto a brand and nut hug it because they feel like they belong to a group and they want to belong to a group that they perceive as superior in some way...just like Apple users once did, it made them feel like part of an elite special class when really it was just an elite special ed class because brands don't mean anything, it's all about the products and how it appeals to ones preference.

It makes no logical sense to own an X1X and then to spend more for weaker hardware just to play God of War or Mario but the fanboy's love it. Only a corporate thinking capitalist society would prefer you have multiple pieces of hardware ranging in performance that all use either x86 or ARM based soc architectures. They market it, push it and now you have all these sheep that just say bahh

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#125 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Well for me personally, the Xbox One never had a strong library. Piss poor number of exclusives, and any third party titles I wanted, I bought on the PS4. The Xbox One X is just a shinier version of a console I already have that I don't play. Doesn't matter how powerful the thing is or how well it sells. I don't have a 4K TV either, and there's not a single game in Xbox One's library that requires an X so there's zero reason for me to buy one. MS should have just scrapped the Xbox One X and saved their resources for their next system.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@LasDK said:

A good console has exclusives.

Except for when the PS4 launched with lousy exclusives and only had price and power on its side for a solid 3-4 years.

Right? No?

Yup, and that's why I only bought the ps4 this year. Once there were actually enough exclusives to justify it.

That will probably never happen for the xbox unfortunately.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@jahnee said:

@scatteh316: GTX 1070 stock 4k 24fps avg (ultra). Xbox one X 29-30fps 1800-2160p (avg above 2000p) Ultra with the exception of shadow set to high and hbao++ a bit lower. GTX 1070 has more dips, especially after 12-12-2017 patch for the Xbox one X. Rest of my listed games the X shreds the GTX 1070 where mentioned. The console with optimization is more capable due to the memory bandwith and 384bit bus buddy.

So GTX1070 is performing better then.... thanks for proving my point..... And no X doesn't shred the 1070 in the other games you listed.

Memory bandwidth and bus have **** all to do with it.....you jackass acting like you know how hardware works....lmao..

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

I'm still surprised the die hard console gamers are drooling over a hardware upgrade when they knocked PC in the past for having to "upgrade hardware". That goes for both the Pro and X1X.

Quite ironic.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:
@wydocq said:

Exclusives are actually bad for consumers because it takes away your preferences and choices for hardware. For some dumb reason rooted in psychology, too many consumers here are just too biased and stupid to realize that. They want to latch onto a brand and nut hug it because they feel like they belong to a group and they want to belong to a group that they perceive as superior in some way...just like Apple users once did, it made them feel like part of an elite special class when really it was just an elite special ed class because brands don't mean anything, it's all about the products and how it appeals to ones preference.

It makes no logical sense to own an X1X and then to spend more for weaker hardware just to play God of War or Mario but the fanboy's love it. Only a corporate thinking capitalist society would prefer you have multiple pieces of hardware ranging in performance that all use either x86 or ARM based soc architectures. They market it, push it and now you have all these sheep that just say bahh

Horse shit. Exclusives often take advantage of the strengths of a system. No one gave a shit about Live until Halo 2 came out. Blast processing would be hollow words without Sonic the Hedgehog. Hell, 3D graphics wouldn't exist if the "Super FX" chip didn't blow our minds on Super Nintendo games. The pages of gaming history are filled with these shining examples of how exclusives not only shaped our systems but shaped gaming itself. Console gaming spent an entire generation living in the shadow of DX10 and Crysis. You are smoking crack.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@drlostrib said:

Where do you think you are?

My thoughts exactly.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#131 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

The One X is a great system. I love mine. You can tell a lot of engineering and design went into it as it is a well made device compared to the original Xbox one. I love the flexibility of playing Microsoft games on my PC and One X. Sometimes I want to sit at my PC and play and other times I want to lounge on my couch and play the same game on my 4K tv.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Just fanboys being fanboys.

We all know that cows wish deep down that Sony had've built a mid-gen refresh to the standard of the X rather than the rushed out Pro.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

@dxmcat said:

When has "most powerful" made a console "good" in the past?

Takes a bit more than just "power"

This. Through and through. Good means that a console meets/exceeds several categories/expectations. And power is just one component.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

I dont know if MS made a good console or not, consoles in my opinon are ridiculous gaming devices only for casuals, however, Microsofts focus on Cable TV for a gaming console looses focus on two levels 1. not understanding gamers and 2. not understanding the decline of cable.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@Sgt_Crow said:

It has no exclusives. All the games it has can be played better on PC, since Microsoft didn't deliver on their whole "True 4K console" thingy.

There is no point in owning a X1X.

Exclusives are pretty much the one thing a console could have over a PC lol.

Or it has to be portable, like the Switch.

On system wars, it definitely isn't a great system. PC beats it to a pulp performance wise(if you want to spend the money), and beats it in the amount of games available and exclusives.

And the PS4 and switch both beat it in exclusives and higher rated exclusives.

However, it's a great system for someone that doesn't want to invest in PC, and only wants one system. Really, it's made for casual gamers; you know, the ones that only play it socially, or just don't care all that much about gaming in general except to kill some time.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

It's a great system for *current xbox one owners who want to play their pre-invested library of games better.

For anyone who isn't already invested in the xbox ecosystem it's possibly the worst choice considering the $$$ out of all available options.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@aigis said:

I mean even if you are a powerful console, you still need games to run. MS really didnt fix the problem of why nobody wants a xbone

Yup. Pretty much lol

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@jahnee: Eternal Sonata was originally a PS3 game which was eventually released on Xbox 360. Not exclusive and wasn't even there first lol

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@blufalconultra said:
@wydocq said:

Um exclusives are the difference. I can play the same games you play on PC and more on PS4.

Really? You can play gears of war 4 on PS4? Xbox One doesn't have exclusives, but MS have exclusives that they share between all of their MS platforms. IMO that's the better way to go because it reaches more gamers, gives gamers an option on what they want (more expensive and more powerful PC, cheaper high end console with great power, even cheaper low end console with meh power).

Then next generation comes around, and surprise! All their games from this gen will still work on the new console. Unlike when PS5 comes out and it has a game drought for the first 2 years while Sony shows off trailer after trailer of games that will come using the "just wait" or "greatness waits" slogan.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

Amazon giving PUBG free with Scorpio for those interested.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@Phazevariance said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

It has no exclusives. All the games it has can be played better on PC, since Microsoft didn't deliver on their whole "True 4K console" thingy.

There is no point in owning a X1X.

Exclusives are pretty much the one thing a console could have over a PC lol.

Or it has to be portable, like the Switch.

Disagree, people who can't afford a PC or don't have the expertise to build or manage one, would definitely be in x1x market.

being the 'Dollar General' of gaming because you cant afford better is not something to brag about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a411408acdf8
deactivated-5a411408acdf8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#142  Edited By deactivated-5a411408acdf8
Member since 2010 • 390 Posts

@jahnee said:

@LasDK: I am aware of how bottlenecking works. I have played Origins on the X and barely noticed framedips after 12-12-2017. I

You guys on this forum see a specific word and instantly jump on it without reading further. Let me again put things in capital letters for you. ORIGINS ON X GOT PATCHED 12-12-2017, LOD AND DRAW DISTANCE IS NOW ON ULTRA.

not only that, but the fps never dips below 25. Heck it didn't even dip to 15 before the patch unless some unoptimized scene happened, which was very very rare and didn't last long. GTX 1070 stock runs origins ultra 4k avg 24fps, with dips as well. And again you nitpicked my post. 60fps pretty much stable on all the rest of the games with X running on pretty much ultra minus some shadow detail and hbao++. It's impressive, you are in denial if it isn't.

If optimized right and especially for cpu lighter games than origins, the X can outperform the GTX 1070. Just check benchmarks and assets comparisons on external websites and you can't deny this to be true.

Origins is one of the most CPU heavy games in years. I am surprised the X's cpu holds up. That's console optimization for you.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

AC Origins looks like a joke on One X compared to PC on ultra and fps still dips below 20.

The weak CPU in One X is the reason why fps is so low. It's severely outdated. I can see you have not played or seen the game on a high-end PC.

1070 rapes One X. And any newer desktop CPU will also rape the One X's ultra low-end CPU.

And this is why you don't play demanding multi plat AAA games on a console...

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#143  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

kinda speaks volumes when the biggest hit console of the holiday season barely runs Doom at 30 fps.

^^^^And as people have always said, it all comes down to games.