Why buy the PS3 as an investment?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HelloJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 HelloJon
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts
I'm so tired of cows, Sony execs and other people saying "buy the ps3 now cuz it'll be good in a few years." I got a question why buy it as an investment? Why not buy it when it's good? You'll probably get a price cut and you wouldn't have to wait around for the "killer apps." If the PS3 ever gets good i'll buy it, but i'm not gonna buy it as an investment.
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
[/agree]
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
Couldn't agree more.
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts

A house is an investment.

Land is an investment

PS3 is a game console, not an investment.

Agree

HelloJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HelloJon
I think the greatest thing coming from this post is the fact that i'm right. Honestly you can't argue the oposition for this.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

A house is an investment.

Land is an investment

PS3 is a game console, not an investment.

Agree

fixer293

Nah....houses and vehicles aren't investments. I pay for it all with upfront cheddar.

But a PS3? I put that stuff on plastic.

Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts
PS3:Buy me because Im called Playstation and wait two years for the games you want to come out!!
DGM09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DGM09
Member since 2003 • 432 Posts
I think the greatest thing coming from this post is the fact that i'm right. Honestly you can't argue the oposition for this.HelloJon

You got yourself a winning thread. Cheater :P
HelloJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HelloJon
I'd really like to see the reasons i'm wrong from the one person who voted no.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Well if You prefer Sony's exclusives and don't have the money for multiple consoles and are craving for something new to play when You've played all the last gen stuff already, i can understand.
Maybe if You want to support + enjoy a company's direction... but sony hasn't really upped their image lately.
Though I'm sure there are more than 2 people who got a reason for it.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Nah....houses and vehicles aren't investments. I pay for it all with upfront cheddar.

BioShockOwnz

An investment is usually something that holds its value over time. Like a house, land or guitar. Sometime, as with houses and land, they improve over time.

The PS3, just like mostly any car, will depreciate the second you pull take it "off the lot" [or in the case of the PS3, out of the box].

The PS3 is nowhere near an investment... it would just be better to not get one and wait, then to buy one and be stuck with something that you have no use for.
ZeLeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZeLeam
Member since 2006 • 726 Posts
I'd really like to see the reasons i'm wrong from the one person who voted no.HelloJon
it's not that you buy it, and save it for 2 years. You use it, gets better over time. Happens with all consoles at release, even the "flops" (unless it's a dreamcast-flop lol). So basicaly the reasons to buy a ps3 at launch are the same than a 360 at launch. Some even care about the BR player. Oh and save the "but 360 had better games at launch bla bla bla" . I bough it at launch too, (done that already with many consoles), it was a bit better but the diference was barely any, and some of the launch games for 360 were overhyped (just note that they arent mentioned anymore). BTW i havent voted.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
I would say something logical on why to buy one now, but it will get effected by lemming logic. On this forum lemmings rules all.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Nah....houses and vehicles aren't investments. I pay for it all with upfront cheddar.

foxhound_fox

An investment is usually something that holds its value over time. Like a house, land or guitar. Sometime, as with houses and land, they improve over time.

The PS3, just like mostly any car, will depreciate the second you pull take it "off the lot" [or in the case of the PS3, out of the box].

The PS3 is nowhere near an investment... it would just be better to not get one and wait, then to buy one and be stuck with something that you have no use for.

Well I am scerrr-ued, because I already bought one. :)
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BioShockOwnz
I would say something logical on why to buy one now, but it will get effected by lemming logic. On this forum lemmings rules all.shungokustasu
Yes we do. I'm glad you know that. :)
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vyse_The_Daring
I don't have any response to thatshungokustasu
Is all I'm hearing until you post your logic.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I would say something logical on why to buy one now, but it will get effected by lemming logic. On this forum lemmings rules all.BioShockOwnz

acknowledge it, but don't respect it. You support things like "buh, buh the cell", "waitstation3", "flopstation3", goes to show who's really the immature ones. No, I don't support Wii or 360 bashing also.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I would say something logical on why to buy one now, but it will get effected by lemming logic. On this forum lemmings rules all.shungokustasu

acknowledge it, but don't respect it. You support things like "buh, buh the cell", "waitstation3", "flopstation3", goes to show who's really the immature ones. No, I don't support Wii or 360 bashing also.

I don't support it, that is why I bought into the PS3. But I see multiple posts from you bashing the 360.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I don't have any response to thatVyse_The_Daring

Here is a logically point of view. How many people waited for 360? How many peopl waited for the Dreamcast? How many people waited for the NES? I can go on all day.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I would say something logical on why to buy one now, but it will get effected by lemming logic. On this forum lemmings rules all.BioShockOwnz

I don't support it, that is why I bought into the PS3. But I see multiple posts from you bashing the 360.

Show me a post me bashing the 360. And I will personal paypal you 100 dollars.
PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
I'm so tired of cows, Sony execs and other people saying "buy the ps3 now cuz it'll be good in a few years." I got a question why buy it as an investment? Why not buy it when it's good? You'll probably get a price cut and you wouldn't have to wait around for the "killer apps." If the PS3 ever gets good i'll buy it, but i'm not gonna buy it as an investment.HelloJon
You're supposed to get some sort of return from an investment, which doesn't seem to be the case with the PS3 as it is right now.
ZeLeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ZeLeam
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I don't have any response to thatVyse_The_Daring

I think my previous post sums up his logic (and mine, and many other ppl) "it's not that you buy it, and save it for 2 years. You use it, gets better over time. Happens with all consoles at release, even the "flops" (unless it's a dreamcast-flop lol). So basicaly the reasons to buy a ps3 at launch are the same than a 360 at launch. Some even care about the BR player. Oh and save the "but 360 had better games at launch bla bla bla" . I bough it at launch too, (done that already with many consoles), it was a bit better but the diference was barely any, and some of the launch games for 360 were overhyped (just note that they arent mentioned anymore)."
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="HelloJon"]I'm so tired of cows, Sony execs and other people saying "buy the ps3 now cuz it'll be good in a few years." I got a question why buy it as an investment? Why not buy it when it's good? You'll probably get a price cut and you wouldn't have to wait around for the "killer apps." If the PS3 ever gets good i'll buy it, but i'm not gonna buy it as an investment.PikaPichu
You're supposed to get some sort of return from an investment, which doesn't seem to be the case with the PS3 as it is right now.

blur-ray, Tiger Woods, Genji, Sixaxis. I'm getting a great enjoymeny (investment value) in these product.
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vyse_The_Daring
[QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I don't have any response to thatshungokustasu

Here is a logically point of view. How many people waited for 360? How many peopl waited for the Dreamcast? How many people waited for the NES? I can go on all day.

I waited for a 360. The TC is talking about people buying a PS3 and saying "wait for some good games to come out, then it'll show its power." Why do that when you could get it later with great games at a (hopefully) reduced price?
HelloJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HelloJon
[QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I don't have any response to thatZeLeam

I think my previous post sums up his logic (and mine, and many other ppl) "it's not that you buy it, and save it for 2 years. You use it, gets better over time. Happens with all consoles at release, even the "flops" (unless it's a dreamcast-flop lol). So basicaly the reasons to buy a ps3 at launch are the same than a 360 at launch. Some even care about the BR player. Oh and save the "but 360 had better games at launch bla bla bla" . I bough it at launch too, (done that already with many consoles), it was a bit better but the diference was barely any, and some of the launch games for 360 were overhyped (just note that they arent mentioned anymore)."

Ok, but why should I buy a PS3 NOW (key word) when everything good is coming out LATER? (another key word)
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="ZeLeam"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I don't have any response to thatHelloJon

Ok, but why should I buy a PS3 NOW (key word) when everything good is coming out LATER? (another key word)

You can't determine LATER is good. Prime example Gears of War.
ZeLeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ZeLeam
[QUOTE="ZeLeam"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I don't have any response to thatHelloJon

Dont know, did you buy a 360 at launch? if so, why? do peeps in this forum that bough it at launch regret it?. Doesnt seems so. If you dont want to be an early adopter, dont be, but unless you go and buy a "previous-gen" system, you're making the same kind of investment with all the new systems. If everyone waited till the "good stuff" is out all systems would flop. I had fun with the 360, but the true good games have started to roll out not long ago.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I would say something logical on why to buy one now, but it will get effected by lemming logic. On this forum lemmings rules all.shungokustasu

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25063500&msg_id=278599848 I'll be waiting for that $100. :)
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#29 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts

[QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I don't have any response to thatshungokustasu

I waited a year for 360.

I'm waiting a year for Wii.

I'm never getting a PS3.

I want to hear exactly what you have to say.

DaddyDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaddyDC650
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts
If you have the money to spend, Why not? There's nothing wrong with buying a brand new piece of hardware if that's what you want to do. I use my PS3 on a regular basic. Playing videogames, surfing the net and watching BluRay movies. Btw, if you need some cash to afford a PS3, just ask dude. =P
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#31 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts

Btw, if you need some cash to afford a PS3, just ask dude. =PDaddyDC650

Can I have some extra cash to afford a PS3? 

>_>

If you need to see my receipt the deal's off

DaddyDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaddyDC650
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts
I will need to see some pay stubs from your work. I will then determine if you're poor enough to not be able to afford a PS3. I will not give out money to bums!!! =P
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shungokustasu
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I would say something logical on why to buy one now, but it will get effected by lemming logic. On this forum lemmings rules all.BioShockOwnz

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25063500&msg_id=278599848 I'll be waiting for that $100. :)

I see no bashing in that statment. That was my honest opinion. I think Xbox360 will be last.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shungokustasu

[QUOTE="shungokustasu"][QUOTE="Vyse_The_Daring"][QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I don't have any response to thatcheezisgoooood

I waited a year for 360.

I'm waiting a year for Wii.

I'm never getting a PS3.

I want to hear exactly what you have to say.

I have a question in your response. Do you think the people who didn't wait a year for the 360 dumb now?
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
I'm so tired of cows, Sony execs and other people saying "buy the ps3 now cuz it'll be good in a few years." I got a question why buy it as an investment? Why not buy it when it's good? You'll probably get a price cut and you wouldn't have to wait around for the "killer apps." If the PS3 ever gets good i'll buy it, but i'm not gonna buy it as an investment.HelloJon
that why i bought it as great