Why are xbox fans not happy with the series X power?

• 193 results
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Ok i make this thread because it is far to obvious now to me,that lemmings are not happy with the xbox series X been 12TF,they really wanted the xbox to be 50% minimun more powerful than the PS5.

This is quite obvious by the incredible bending of specs,trying to make gaps look larger than they will appear.

Now i just reply to Naviguy using a theory to increase the gap using Cerny comparison of GCN vs RDNA2,but that is just the lastest in what has become the norm around here.

From Ronvalencia comparing the gap between the PS4 and a 7970 which is 1.9TF to claim the gap between the xbox and PS5 is big because it is 1.8Tf,completely ignoring that the gap between the 7970 and the PS4 is actually 200%,to other lemmings like Blackshirt20 claming the gap is 30% based on nothing but his opinion,opinion shared by several other lemmings as well.

Other say the gap is a complete PS4 as if that mean anything,when the PS4 launch it was more than 2 xbox 360 more powerful than the xbox one,gaps aren't measure that way,which even Ronvalencia has use as well as argument.

To the xbox series X will have much more raytracing because it has more CU and according to some RT scale with shaders power,completely ignoring that the more the xbox push RT the more it will suffer as the RTX 2080TI has demostarted which also pack more power than the xbox series X as well and still has to drop on minecraft to 1080p.

If anything this post show that even while having the advantage power wise xbox fans simply are not happy with the gap and they want to blow it as much as they can,be happy with what you have a pretty powerful machine that will have superior hardware,don't over sell it because when the machine comes out you people don't have to make stupid excuses as to why the gap is not materializing.

Just my point of view.

And yes i rate this thread 9.2 out of 10.28 just in case.😊

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Tormy and his damage control, holy shit man get a grip...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

They all seem to be very happy with the Xbox Series X’s power to me. 🤷‍♂️

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

25% more power is going to provide a huge gap in quality over base PS5. Get used to it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tormentos

@i_p_daily said:

Remember you have no business in this thread you don't care about power..

Or do you..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

Remember you have no business in this thread you don't care about power..

Or do you..

This is just another sad attempt of damage control.

Power is what cows care about, I mean you've been damage controlling the PS5's lack since its reveal.

hey1k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 hey1k
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

🙃

KazHirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KazHirai
Member since 2019 • 433 Posts

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tormentos

@i_p_daily said:

Power is what cows care about, I mean you've been damage controlling the PS5's lack since its reveal.

Actually this post validate my thread,you are just to stupid to get it.🤣

@Archangel3371 said:

If they were happy they would not magically inflate the GPU gap.

@briguyb13 said:

25% more power is going to provide a huge gap in quality over base PS5. Get used to it.

@Archangel3371 See my point now?

There 2 misconceptions with his argument.

1-25% gap.

2-25% gap providing a HUGE gap in quality.

Lemmings are not happy with the xbox power not even while been ahead.

KazHirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KazHirai

@tormentos said:
@i_p_daily said:

Actually this post validate my thread,you are just to stupid to get it.🤣

@Archangel3371 said:

If they were happy they would not magically inflate the GPU gap.

@briguyb13 said:

@Archangel3371 See my point now?

There 2 misconceptions with his argument.

1-25% gap.

2-25% gap providing a HUGE gap in quality.

Lemmings are not happy with the xbox power not even while been ahead.

It's a better console than the PlayStation 5, they're happy and you are quite obviously not.

Mystery solved.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

A 12 tflop and a 1.3 tflop system will be playing the same games for a few years. Yikes. PS5 is gonna kill it with actual next gen games more than likely at launch. They also know their console exclusives are gonna suck or be nonexistent for a few years until those new studios finish their games. PS5 is going to be the much better choice this holiday for at least a few years. I can't predict after that but I'd venture to say if there are any advantages to either system, we'll definitely know by then.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tormentos

@kazhirai said:

It's a better console than the PlayStation 5, they're happy and you are quite obviously not.

Mystery solved.

Define better?

Power? games? what?

If you refer to power sure it is 18% more powerful paired with faster ram which clearly show hardware superiority.

If you talk about actual experiense or games probably not.

No if you were happy you would not be making out of this world theories in order to magically increase the gap between this 2 machines,that is something done by people who are not happy with what they have.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@joshrmeyer said:

A 12 tflop and a 1.3 tflop system will be playing the same games for a few years. Yikes. PS5 is gonna kill it with actual next gen games more than likely at launch. They also know their console exclusives are gonna suck or be nonexistent for a few years until those new studios finish their games. PS5 is going to be the much better choice this holiday for at least a few years. I can't predict after that but I'd venture to say if there are any advantages to either system, we'll definitely know by then.

Well what games will Sony's devs have at launch?

ND, Sucker Punch, Media Molecule, won't have anything for the next 3yrs as they have just finished games or are still making them for the PS4 lol.

Reports are that GG are making HZD 2, but that its not coming in the first year, then there's rumours of Spiderman 2 which is not confirmed and won't be releasing for years to come, so what NEXT GEN games does Sony have, am I missing some studios? as i'm not really that up to date with them. Maybe you mean Knack 3 lol.

KazHirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KazHirai

@tormentos said:
@kazhirai said:

Mystery solved.

Define better?

Power? games? what?

If you refer to power sure it is 18% more powerful paired with faster ram which clearly show hardware superiority.

No if you were happy you would not be making out of this world theories in order to magically increase the gap between this 2 machines,that is something done by people who are not happy with what they have.

There's no magical gap, there's a baseline computational gap which elongates as the PlayStation 5 throttles itself.

This isn't science fiction theory, the Series X stays the same, the PlayStation 5 has the capability to get worse.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@briguyb13: It's about 18% which is less then half the gap between the Xb1x and PS4 pro which was around 44%.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@kazhirai: Don't leave out the fact that not one dev has dropped the GPU yet. Your taking extremely rare cases and turning it into the norm.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tormentos

@kazhirai said:

There's no magical gap, there's a baseline computational gap which elongates as the PlayStation 5 throttles itself.

This isn't science fiction theory, the Series X stays the same, the PlayStation 5 has the capability to get worse.

Yes it is a magical gap because the PS5 will not drop to 9.2Tf ever,because Cerny it self confirmed the drop was small,worse DF stated that developers they are talking to claim they had hold back thye CPU to ENSURE the GPU stays at 2.23Ghz.

Now if the GPU is always at 2.23ghz what is the size of the gap?

By the way what make you think developers will choose 5% more CPU power than 5% more GPU power? Give me something something other than your opinion on which your argument can stand by it self.

The PS4 GPU is relatively powerful compare to the CPU side,even more the xbox one X 6TF GPU with the same Jaguar CPU,there is no way in hell that Ryzen 2 at 3+ghz and 16 threads will need more power to run anything.

The Cerny own comments the drop in frequerncy is small,and by developers comments to DF the GPU is staying at 2.23ghz.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JoshRMeyer

@i_p_daily: I'm not talking about just Sony studios. Many studios this gen released their games on PS and PC bit skipped xbox completely. Godfall is one example of a game releasing at launch that isn't on xbox and will be a timed exclusive, later being ported to PC. I guess we'll know more about games this summer but we do know that xbox will share its library with its weak 2013 model for a few years.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tormentos
@r-gamer said:

@kazhirai: Don't leave out the fact that not one dev has dropped the GPU yet. Your taking extremely rare cases and turning it into the norm.

And without any proof by the way,because they don't have a single developer to hold their argument,even DF claim developer are ensuring the GPU stays at 2.23ghz.

But even looking it from out side,it is easy to see that no developer will trade 5% GPU to get 5% more CPU power is just a bad trade.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JoshRMeyer

@kazhirai: Maybe I'm wrong here, but isnt the variable frequency mostly for efficiency? Who says it will throttle down when a game is too demanding? It isnt thermal controlled.

KazHirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KazHirai

@tormentos said:
@kazhirai said:

Yes it is a magical gap because the PS5 will not drop to 9.2Tf ever,because Cerny it self confirmed the drop was small,worse DF stated that developers they are talking to claim they had hold back thye CPU to ENSURE the GPU stays at 2.23Ghz.

By the way what make you think developers will choose 5% more CPU power than 5% more GPU power? Give me something something other than your opinion on which your argument can stand by it self.

The PS4 GPU is relatively powerful compare to the CPU side,even more the xbox one X 6TF GPU with the same Jaguar CPU,there is no way in hell that Ryzen 2 at 3+ghz and 16 threads will need more power to run anything.

The Cerny own comments the drop in frequerncy is small,and by developers comments to DF the GPU is staying at 2.23ghz.

You can't confirm that because the baseline of the GPU when fully unboosted is unknown, it could be 9.2 Teraflops, fact is you don't know.

What Digital Foundry stated is also just theory, and not some kind of fact much like they said for the Series X where for most cross-generational games they could see developers target the 3.8Ghz of the CPU because multithreading won't be as important. That's also just a theory, there's no factual data driven or developer backed credence to it.

Cerny never said the drop would be small, what he said as an example is to get a 10% power reduction only a few percent in performance loss would be required, what you lot have done is run with that as if that's the worst case scenario when it was clearly and only about emphasising the power to performance scale.

Well in terms of games that need to push high refresh rates for example 60-120 FPS you're going to need all the CPU resources you can possibly throw at a game. This would obviously cripple their GPU while for the Series X they not only have more CPU resources they can still throw at this same task but also every single bit of their GPU at the render.

Come back to reality.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tormentos

@kazhirai said:

You can't confirm that because the baseline of the GPU when fully unboosted is unknown, it could be 9.2 Teraflops, fact is you don't know.

What Digital Foundry stated is also just theory, and not some kind of fact much like they said for the Series X where for most cross-generational games they could see developers target the 3.8Ghz of the CPU because multithreading won't be as important. That's also just a theory, there's no factual data driven or developer backed credence to it.

Cerny never said the drop would be small, what he said as an example is to get a 10% power reduction only a few percent in performance loss would be required, what you lot have done is run with that as if that's the worst case scenario when it was clearly and only about emphasising the power to performance scale.

Well in terms of games that need to push high refresh rates for example 60-120 FPS you're going to need all the CPU resources you can possibly throw at a game. This would obviously cripple their GPU while for the Series X they not only have more CPU resources they can still throw at this same task but also every single bit of their GPU at the render.

Come back to reality.

Ok stop inventing bullshit to sound smart.

That bold part is just stupid.

Apparently there are 2 problems here.

1-You simply don't read or can comprehend what is been presented to you.

2-You can read but prefer to ignore it and make stuff up.

The PS5 GPU doesn't run unboosted.the GPU runs at 2.23ghz if the CPU requires more Power there is a switch between both components,were power is reduce on the GPU side by a small % which drops frequency by even lower % to give power to the CPU.

There is a problem with your theory developers chose how much power they give the CPU,which is why DF claim developers are holding down the CPU to keep the GPU at sustained 2.23ghz.

So unless developers chose to lower the GPU power than will not happen period.

Which bring me to my second point.

What DF say is not a theory,is what DEVELOPERS told them,the theory part was pulled from deep deep down your buns,and is bullshit like that the reason why i make this thread thankyou for proving my point you are not happy with the xbox power you want it to be MORE.

"When that worst case game arrives, it will run at a lower clock speed. But not too much lower, to reduce power by 10 per cent it only takes a couple of percent reduction in frequency, so I'd expect any downclocking to be pretty minor," he explains.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-playstation-5-specs-and-tech-that-deliver-sonys-next-gen-vision

Redusing 10% power will drop frequency by a couple of %,the drop is not 1 to 1 which mean a 10% drop in power which is the WORSE case would only drop what 3 to 5% clocks? That is minor anything over 5% is not minor on a 10% drop.

But all this is based on developer chosing CPU over GPU which is a stupid change i am sure it will not happen.

The CPU side would be ok because even if the PS5 drop 100mhz on its clock that means nothing at 4k with probably 14 threads available.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

The premise of this thread is weird.

If you're a gamer/normal person, you typically root for things that are in your best interests. Like rooting for a console to be as powerful as possible. Unless you're a Sony fan, in which case, you root for things that are in Sony's best interests.

Like Sony fans who actively rooted against cross-game chat, and then busted out their business suits and spreadsheets, despite styling their entire identities at the start of this gen as pro-consumer advocate heroes.

Hell, make that bitch 24 teraflops, IMO.

An exclusively Cow phenomenon I've noticed (im lying, sheep do this too) is that they actively root against their own interests.

on some level, Cows understand that Sony will be on the losing end of any equal-footing arms race based on resources alone (bar some massive PS3/Xbox One level strategic miscalculation), so they distance themselves from power alltogether, or in some cases they actively root against it. They root for "price" and "load times" etc......

Sheep even did it last gen. "power doesnt matter"

"Nintendo makes pick up and play games" now sheep gush over 360 ports.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#24 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

See people are still self interpreting info to push their own narratives/desires. People should just wait and see when games land.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@joshrmeyer said:

@i_p_daily: I'm not talking about just Sony studios. Many studios this gen released their games on PS and PC bit skipped xbox completely. Godfall is one example of a game releasing at launch that isn't on xbox and will be a timed exclusive, later being ported to PC. I guess we'll know more about games this summer but we do know that xbox will share its library with its weak 2013 model for a few years.

Ah so Xbox is not allowed third party but Sony's PS5 can rely on them with little to none first party games for the first couple of years. it the PS4 all over again lol.

PS...Godfall is not a PS5 exclusive and getting "ported" later on PC, where do you get your FACTS from???

#doublestandards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos: Yes I validate that you're stupid, you're welcome.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JoshRMeyer

@i_p_daily: What 3rd party games come to xbox but not PS? Maybe theres a couple but not nearly the amount that go to PS and not xbox. My source is https://www.spieltimes.com/original/godfall-everything-we-know-about-the-first-ps5-exclusive-title/

https://www.gamesradar.com/big-in-2020-godfall/

Edit: Ok maybe they release at the same time. Not sure but my points the same. It's a next gen game that wont run on current gen or the next xbox.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@joshrmeyer said:

@i_p_daily: What 3rd party games come to xbox but not PS? Maybe theres a couple but not nearly the amount that go to PS and not xbox. My source is https://www.spieltimes.com/original/godfall-everything-we-know-about-the-first-ps5-exclusive-title/

https://www.gamesradar.com/big-in-2020-godfall/

I linked you the OFFICIAL site stating and I quote

"PlayStation 5 & Epic game store HOLIDAY 2020"

So the official site out does the links you have, unless you want to argue with the people making it???

There are third party games that Sony money hatted to keep off of the Xbox this gen or are you going to argue against that also?

So you're saying its ok for the PS5 to skate by for the first year or two with third party games while having little of its own???

I know you're trying to tow the company line but geez dude you're making a mockery of yourself in the process LOL.

EDIT: I just saw your edit and fucking hell its LOL worthy.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JoshRMeyer

@i_p_daily: The point was not when the game releases on PS5 or PC. The point was it's not coming to Xbox. There were many games that released on PS4 this gen that didn't release on Xbox and not because sony paid for them. Everyone knows PS4 has more games. Call it a guess, but next gen is looking to be the same.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@joshrmeyer said:

@i_p_daily: The point was not when the game releases on PS5 or PC. The point was it's not coming to Xbox. There were many games that released on PS4 this gen that didn't release on Xbox and not because sony paid for them. Everyone knows PS4 has more games. Call it a guess, but next gen is looking to be the same.

More doesn't mean better, and Sony did pay for some of these exclusives. It still doesn't negate the fact that we know of 3 games coming to the SeX from MS, now you can believe they will be held back by the XB1, its all you cows have atm because not only have Sony shown no first party games they haven't even shown what it looks like yet lol.

So at this stage all you cows have to cling onto is a multiplat that is is God Fall and if it rates poorly they will nick name it Godawfall LOL.

Your first post was full of tears and it has only gotten worse for you since then :(

KazHirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KazHirai
@StrongDeadlift said:

If you're a gamer/normal person, you typically root for things that are in your best interests. Like rooting for a console to be as powerful as possible. Unless you're a Sony fan, in which case, you root for things that are in Sony's best interests.

Like Sony fans who actively rooted against cross-game chat, and then busted out their business suits and spreadsheets, despite styling their entire identities at the start of this gen as pro-consumer advocate heroes.

An exclusively Cow phenomenon I've noticed (im lying, sheep do this too) is that they actively root against their own interests.

on some level, Cows understand that Sony will be on the losing end of any equal-footing arms race based on resources alone (bar some massive PS3/Xbox One level strategic miscalculation), so they distance themselves from power alltogether, or in some cases they actively root against it. They root for "price" and "load times" etc......

This is by far one of the most accurate posts, to shield their gods from criticism these wackos advocate against their own self interests. It's the most bizarre behavior I've ever seen.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

It's better than a lot of current PC's.

I'm happy.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@joshrmeyer: In order for your post to be true, you'd have to tell me which titles Sony are launching for ps5...because so far, I see nothing that suggests they will be killing it. Also, Hellblade 2 would need to disappear because that doesnt fit into your 12tfp/1.8tflp scenario...its a series x/pc only game.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sealionact

@tormentos: Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems to me that you've been on edge since the ps5 deep dive.

Could it be that it's actually you that are unhappy with ps5's power?

It seems like you're no longer the happy-go-lucky Cow strutting around it's field, laughing in the face of Lems and their puny 720p consoles. You're lashing out at phantom alts, raging about people downplaying the difference between x1 and ps4 and accusing others of saying things they never said.

As news began to filter through that series X was going to be the real deal, you created a hopeful thread suggesting it was actually ps5 that was going to hold the "powah" Crown....13.2tflps wasn't it?

If that had happened, I wonder what your threads would have been like today? Surely - being the level headed person you are - you would have also downplayed the difference in power.....just like you did at the start of this gen.

Oh....wait.

Power? They're both powerful enough, and the difference alone isn't enough to sway me one way or the other...but...I would rather have more grunt than less, and so would you.

Unlucky.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@tormentos:

Embarrassing

HaH

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Wait, where’s this overwhelming angry X1X owners?

Did a bunch of cows make a Reddit thread claiming they own one?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos:

PS4 vs XBO = 0.52‬TFLOPS GCN difference <---------- LOL

7970 vs PS4 = 1.94 TFLOPS GCN difference

X1X vs PS4 Pro = 1.8‬ TFLOPS GCN difference

XSX vs PS5 = 1.87 TFLOPS RDNA difference** (restricted PS5 CPU usage)

PS4's 1.84 TFLOPS ~= 1920x1080 or 1600x900 pixels.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@tormentos:

That's cool but for the 15th time, where are the sources for GDDR is better than DDR for CPUs?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts
@tormentos said:
@kazhirai said:

Mystery solved.

Define better?

Power? games? what?

Really? Because I remember you admitting you don't know the base frequency.

@tormentos said:
@pc_rocks said:

That's cool and all but what are the base or as DF calls it core clocks for PS5's CPU and GPU? Why did Cerney refused to answer it when asked point blank?

In case you still have difficulty understanding it, what's the lowest the clocks can go on each component to compensate the full clocks of other?

I don't know but judging by how much you know than freaking Mark Cerny about the PS5 maybe you can tell me.

So what do you think it will be zeeshanhaider.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

:P

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

I'm no Xbox fan, and not getting XSX due to owning a high-end PC but I'll say this.

Xbox fans are happy what they are getting out of XSX when it launches, but its the games they are looking for the most. Power of a console has always been subjective/perspective but it really depends on the games that you want to play it on and what benefits comes with it. At this rate, this is all dead weight because we haven't seen both XSX & PS5 gameplay live action to get a clear idea what to expect.

In short, they're just more interest in games and what MS will launch. I'm sure May 7th will answer your question.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

'xbox fans' = 2-3 forum fanboys?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tormentos

@StrongDeadlift said:

NO is not weird and is confirmed for the amount of bullshit theories even brought into this thread.

We didn't root against cross game chat,we root againts paying $50 a year then $60 just for party chat,when online on PS3 was free and more games on PS3 actually supported dediated servers which is why you never got an exclusive like Resistance 2 with 60 players online at once and 8 players co-op,,we have features like gamesharing on games and even worked on DLC,we had mods,we even got cross play with PC and it was MS the one blocking cross play,and PS home all this FREE while lemmings were charge for Party chat,Netflix,hulu,pizzahut app and other stupidity and claim live was better.

We are not rooting against our own interest,but it was pathetic how for 2 generations in a row lemmings care about power and at the start of this gen they surely didn't.

How 720p vs 640p was HUGE on GTA4 and RDR on 360,but some how could not see a gap of 1080p vs 720p.

Any equal footing arm race will end with MS been owned again,the xbox brand and PS brand have never been on equal footing,sony had a much higher price tag on the PS3 that wans't equal footing,if the PS3 by any chance would have been $299 and $399 on 2006 the xbox 360 would have been destroy.

Even o equal footing MS can't catch sony.

But is funny that you say we root for loading and price,when is proven a $600 machine will not sell great,hell at $500 the xbox one didn't.

But lets analize this complain of your and put some of them into perspective.

on the 360 generation lemmings care about.

1-Scores it was 90 or better and games such as Resistance first uncharted warhawk and several others were tag as trash by lemmings,simply because they could not reach a 9.

2-Power i don't need to explian it twice.

3-Sales as the 360 is the closes thing to success you lemmings have you bragged constantly about UK and US sales,but world wide sales didn't matter it was epic.

4-Exclusives this is one of the biggest aloneside power,you people bragged endlessly about the xbox exclusives,including but not limited to Halo,gears,forza,fable,crakcdown,and even brag about time exclusive ones like Mass Effect bioshock ghost recon oblivion before they hit the PS.

The only thing weird i find here is how much you have forgot how things were,and how much DC you people ran for the xbox 360 short comming,oh i forgot to mention blu-ray as somethig you lemmings rooted againts,because it wasn't need it when the xbox 360 ended been the machine with most games on multiple disc by far outdoing the PS1.

And i am sure that MS comes tomorrow and say xbox games will be exclusive to xbox again you people will dance of joy.

@i_p_daily said:

@tormentos: Yes I validate that you're stupid, you're welcome.

No it validates that you care about power since you are always in thread about power but claim you don't care that the equivalent of eating shit while claiming you don't like it.

@i_p_daily said:

Ah so Xbox is not allowed third party but Sony's PS5 can rely on them with little to none first party games for the first couple of years. it the PS4 all over again lol.

PS...Godfall is not a PS5 exclusive and getting "ported" later on PC, where do you get your FACTS from???

#doublestandards

If the game on day 1 is not on any platform but the PS5 it is an exclusive,irrelevant of hitting PC latter like FF7 is,when the game comes out on other device yeah it stopped been an exclusive.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ronvalencia

@kazhirai said:
@tormentos said:

Come back to reality.

------------------

Loading Video...

Without AMD's Smartshift technology,

• GPU's 2 Ghz was almost unreachable with a fixed frequency strategy. GPU has ~9.24 TFLOPS fixed frequency mode.
  • CPU was running at 3 Ghz with a fixed frequency strategy.

Mark Cerny has revealed PS5's fixed frequencies for CPU and GPU. .

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ronvalencia
@r-gamer said:

@briguyb13: It's about 18% which is less then half the gap between the Xb1x and PS4 pro which was around 44%.

PS4 GPU has 39% higher TFLOPS over XBO GPU, but XBO has the capability to be worst i.e. unstable performance levels.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tormentos

@kazhirai said:

This is by far one of the most accurate posts, to shield their gods from criticism these wackos advocate against their own self interests. It's the most bizarre behavior I've ever seen.

Sure it is for you because he is rooting for the same crap you do.

Let me put it this way if you and him were alcohol you would be a bud light and he would be Bacardi 101 he is a lemming 10 years proven of the blindest.

@sealionact said:

@tormentos: Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems to me that you've been on edge since the ps5 deep dive.

Could it be that it's actually you that are unhappy with ps5's power?

It seems like you're no longer the happy-go-lucky Cow strutting around it's field, laughing in the face of Lems and their puny 720p consoles. You're lashing out at phantom alts, raging about people downplaying the difference between x1 and ps4 and accusing others of saying things they never said.

As news began to filter through that series X was going to be the real deal, you created a hopeful thread suggesting it was actually ps5 that was going to hold the "powah" Crown....13.2tflps wasn't it?

If that had happened, I wonder what your threads would have been like today? Surely - being the level headed person you are - you would have also downplayed the difference in power.....just like you did at the start of this gen.

Oh....wait.

Power? They're both powerful enough, and the difference alone isn't enough to sway me one way or the other...but...I would rather have more grunt than less, and so would you.

Unlucky.

Ok how the PS5 deep dive explain it this should be good.🤣

1-Your argument hold no ground taking into account that since 2017 there is a much stronger xbox,and that one actually has more ram,faster bandwidth and 45% power gap,this one has the same amount of ram,faster on one side slower in another,much slower SSD and 18.3% more GPU power.

Actually you are an alt you joined this place and didn't post for YEARS until the 720p blew over and several of this place lemmings went into deep hiding because of the shame,and guess what you are on all power threads now but you don't show on any old topic about the xbox one why?

Oh i am sure you have some bullshit excuse to justify your lack of posting,but in reality we know you were probably kneed deep defending the xbox one on another account to actually root for the xbox now,which is why poster like Blackace,and many other vanish.

2-Please again explain how the xbox is the real deal while the PS5 isn't,so should i assume you are talking just about that shitty 18.3% power gap? So again i am right you people want to BLOW up the gap and act like the PS5 is a joke based on a shitty gap.

I made a thread based on Rumors and it was stated as SO,which by the way wans't even remotely close to the crap lemmings spewed here about cloud,DX12,ESRAM,tile resoures and a bunch of crap claiming it would close the gap or worse pretend there wasn't any gap.

In fact i argue what the power difference would be here before the PS4 launch and xbox one,and in fact the gap in power ended been many times greater than i even argue,lemmings claim it would be nothing,but not only lemmings even MS it self claimed it as well in a epic rant that even made waves across the internet as Alber Panello deny any gaps on 2 machines with 40% power gap.

And so would anyone,but then again power mean shit if i can't play sony games,while i on my xbox one can play series X games as there are no exclusives,so again out of this 4 generations were the PS has been pit against the xbox in 3 the PS had weaker hardware it mean nothing because at the end the PS ended been a superior machine for a gaming perspective,even on the PS2 vs xbox days were the gap was the biggest ever recorded between a PS and xbox still that was the case.

The only reason lemmings were ridicule this gen is because after 2 generations of hyping superior multiplatforms suddenly power didn't matter,exclusives din't matter,sales didn't matter and score didn't matter.

Worse lemmings bringed shame into them with those out of this world theories about closing a 40% gap,and now the arguments are pretty much the same but apply to the xbox gap,all of the sudden the xbox Series X will perform way better than the hardware indicate,if i was a lemming i would claim Sony low level tools would close that 18.3 gap,if you lemmings believe DX12 could close a 40% one why not a smaller one?

Pathetic unlike you lemms i know more or less the gap will be minimal.

@Sevenizz said:

Wait, where’s this overwhelming angry X1X owners?

Did a bunch of cows make a Reddit thread claiming they own one?

Who say they are angry? All you have to say is that the gap will be 30% and you are part of the lemmings looney tunes squad.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ronvalencia
@joshrmeyer said:

@kazhirai: Maybe I'm wrong here, but isnt the variable frequency mostly for efficiency? Who says it will throttle down when a game is too demanding? It isnt thermal controlled.

When the cooling solution is sufficient, AMD's Smartshift throttles CPU or GPU based on usage due to shared VRM power rails.

All modern computing devices will throttle or shut down when the safety temperature limit is reached.

AMD's Smartshift is not an issue when there's enough VRM power for max CPU and max GPU usage.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I think it because they are butt hurt over the massive failure of the Xb1 brand :(

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ronvalencia
@tormentos said:

Ok i make this thread because it is far to obvious now to me,that lemmings are not happy with the xbox series X been 12TF,they really wanted the xbox to be 50% minimun more powerful than the PS5.

This is quite obvious by the incredible bending of specs,trying to make gaps look larger than they will appear.

Now i just reply to Naviguy using a theory to increase the gap using Cerny comparison of GCN vs RDNA2,but that is just the lastest in what has become the norm around here.

From Ronvalencia comparing the gap between the PS4 and a 7970 which is 1.9TF to claim the gap between the xbox and PS5 is big because it is 1.8Tf,completely ignoring that the gap between the 7970 and the PS4 is actually 200%,to other lemmings like Blackshirt20 claming the gap is 30% based on nothing but his opinion,opinion shared by several other lemmings as well.

Other say the gap is a complete PS4 as if that mean anything,when the PS4 launch it was more than 2 xbox 360 more powerful than the xbox one,gaps aren't measure that way,which even Ronvalencia has use as well as argument.

To the xbox series X will have much more raytracing because it has more CU and according to some RT scale with shaders power,completely ignoring that the more the xbox push RT the more it will suffer as the RTX 2080TI has demostarted which also pack more power than the xbox series X as well and still has to drop on minecraft to 1080p.

If anything this post show that even while having the advantage power wise xbox fans simply are not happy with the gap and they want to blow it as much as they can,be happy with what you have a pretty powerful machine that will have superior hardware,don't over sell it because when the machine comes out you people don't have to make stupid excuses as to why the gap is not materializing.

Just my point of view.

And yes i rate this thread 9.2 out of 10.28 just in case.😊

Review DXR Tier 1.1

Loading Video...

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 sealionact

@tormentos: Its sad you are unable to answer basic questions, and instead reply with The great wall of deflection.

1) Are you happy with ps5's power?

2) If ps5 had been more powerful, would you still be downplaying the difference?

3) Do you feel more upset since the deep dive?

In answer to your question, I said "real deal" because there were rumours of a 12tflp console which turned out to be true, while the 13.2 tflp rumours for ps5 turned out to be false.