why are people not more pissed about ps4 having a subscription to play online no

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

My best guess is because PSN offers alot more than just online multiplayer where as XBOX LIVE offers only online multiplayer and access your already-paid-for apps.Bread_or_Decide

Please don't make excuses or defend it. Let's leave that to the Lems, as they're so darn good at it. 

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
Cuz cow's are hypocrites and will bend over whenever sony commands them too. The_Pacific
Lems aren't exactly the same as Cows? The only difference between a Cow and a Lem is the corporation they worship. Its no different than hillbillies and their Mopar vs Chevy shit. If you ask me, you all suck and if the logos were switched, the things you guys claim to hate about the other console are the things you would be defending to the death about your own. Its so pathetic, you guys could be on a Tru TV reality show.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] The original quote you hilightee said XBox Live Gold. Nothing about XO however you can bet they will be locked just like everything else. And Happy Wars is F2P but requires Gold to play. I believe the one and only multiplayer game that doesn't require Gold is Final Fantasy because it connects through a 3rd party service. Funny hiw they never let that happen again. http://m.gamespot.com/news/free-to-play-xbox-live-game-hits-2-million-players-6405103 Though Happy Wars is free to play, gamers can purchase "happy tickets" with real-world money to upgrade their characters' appearance and equipment. This can also be achieved by unlocking "happy stars" through play. Additionally, gamers must hold an Xbox Live Gold subscription ($60 per year) to download Happy Wars.Murderstyle75

Sounds like alot of assumptions and wishful thinking on your end, why you would want that is beyond me, i guess your fanboyism knows no bounds.

Why would I want what? Happy Tickets? I don't. I was just quoting the article. My only point is that F2P PSN games are free for everybody while ones of Xbox Live require the premium subscription. Fanboy? What in the hell are you talking about? I'm probably one of the only people here who is not a fanboy.

You're assuming that all F2P games will be behind the XBLG paywall because of one XBLA title that is. And yes you most certainly are a fanboy, i've seen your posts bub.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#204 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58831 Posts

It's a well known factually based fact console users don't mind being ripped off. It's why gaming went from expansion packs to paying $5 for skin. Withheld content on launch. And digtial aids. They will pay for these overcharged "next generation" (read: 2007 pc games) and pay for these subscriptions. meanwhile, ze master race will enjoy steam, sip sherry and enjoying being superior.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Sounds like alot of assumptions and wishful thinking on your end, why you would want that is beyond me, i guess your fanboyism knows no bounds.

Snugenz

Why would I want what? Happy Tickets? I don't. I was just quoting the article. My only point is that F2P PSN games are free for everybody while ones of Xbox Live require the premium subscription. Fanboy? What in the hell are you talking about? I'm probably one of the only people here who is not a fanboy.

You're assuming that all F2P games will be behind the XBLG paywall because of one XBLA title that is. And yes you most certainly are a fanboy, i've seen your posts bub.

Umm I primarily play on the 360 which I have thousands of dollars invested in. Meanwhile I own maybe 4 playstation games and only bought the console because it came from a pawn shop. Hell. I was a Gold Subscriber starting with the beta back when most of you Xbox fanboys were worshipping the shitty PS2. What would make me a fanboy would be ignoring the bullshit this company has unleashed over the past three or so years and act like an obedient little lemming. But lets just say I'm a fan of J Allards Xbox and vision. Not Steve Ballmers corporate reinvention. Microsofts policies suck, their schemes suck and they treat their game developers like complete garbage as well as their staff. There is a reason most of the prominent names from the Xbox team jumped ship. And the ones who didnt quit were fired and replaced by middle managers from other divisions within the company with zero gaming experience. But as a gamer, I have to game somewhere and right now that's leaning towards a PS4. But since I'm not a dumbass, I also won't blindly jump into a launch console from anybody until I know what everything's about. And I'm not assuming anything. There is only one game in the history of Xbox that didnt require a Gold sub and that's only because it didnt use a single one of Microsofts services. So until said otherwise, Online Xbox games require Gold to play. Its been this way for over 10 years yet you are trying to argue with me based on a fantasy speculation that doesn't even coincide with rumors let alone facts. Who is the real fanboy here?
FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts
I don't have the stomach to pour over the countless old cows bashing XBL threads, but there should be a catalog of those who said they'd dump $ony if they charged for online play on the P$4. I'm concerned about their gaming well-being and am curious about what gaming options they will entertain next gen since they swore never to let their gaming habits get in the way of their principles.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
I don't have the stomach to pour over the countless old cows bashing XBL threads, but there should be a catalog of those who said they'd dump $ony if they charged for online play on the P$4. I'm concerned about their gaming well-being and am curious about what gaming options they will entertain next gen since they swore never to let their gaming habits get in the way of their principles. FastEddie2121
IDK why people were so bothered by the fee to begin with if it was your main platform and you played it all the time.. XBL amounted to less then $7 a month... My lunch most times is more expensive than that..
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Murderstyle75
[QUOTE="FastEddie2121"]I don't have the stomach to pour over the countless old cows bashing XBL threads, but there should be a catalog of those who said they'd dump $ony if they charged for online play on the P$4. I'm concerned about their gaming well-being and am curious about what gaming options they will entertain next gen since they swore never to let their gaming habits get in the way of their principles. sSubZerOo
IDK why people were so bothered by the fee to begin with if it was your main platform and you played it all the time.. XBL amounted to less then $7 a month... My lunch most times is more expensive than that..

Well it is the principle of the matter. Some people spin it as a cheap fee that everybody can afford. Others see it as an $800 subsidized console over the course of an 8 year generation.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

I don't have the stomach to pour over the countless old cows bashing XBL threads, but there should be a catalog of those who said they'd dump $ony if they charged for online play on the P$4. I'm concerned about their gaming well-being and am curious about what gaming options they will entertain next gen since they swore never to let their gaming habits get in the way of their principles. FastEddie2121

I'd be willing to bet that 99% of cows who ever swore they'd never get a PS4 if Sony charged for online are getting a PS4.

Avatar image for Resultsmayvary0
Resultsmayvary0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Resultsmayvary0
Member since 2011 • 98 Posts
Because it's logical? It was logical when MS did it, they offered a superior product at a premium, I think in the end a majority of people would rather go that route than to rely on a less stable or secure system that was included.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"][QUOTE="FastEddie2121"]I don't have the stomach to pour over the countless old cows bashing XBL threads, but there should be a catalog of those who said they'd dump $ony if they charged for online play on the P$4. I'm concerned about their gaming well-being and am curious about what gaming options they will entertain next gen since they swore never to let their gaming habits get in the way of their principles. Murderstyle75

Well it is the principle of the matter. Some people spin it as a cheap fee that everybody can afford. Others see it as an $800 subsidized console over the course of an 8 year generation.

:|With that logic why game to begin with? It is going to turn into a thousands to tens of thousands of dollars hobby through the decade.. There are far cheaper hobbies.. You can turn any kind of trivial cost into a gigantic sum if you add enough years on to it.. If that bothers you now, how the hell can you operate as a human being with some of the bills you have to pay?

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"] IDK why people were so bothered by the fee to begin with if it was your main platform and you played it all the time.. XBL amounted to less then $7 a month... My lunch most times is more expensive than that.. sSubZerOo

:|With that logic why game to begin with? It is going to turn into a thousands to tens of thousands of dollars hobby through the decade.. There are far cheaper hobbies.. You can turn any kind of trivial cost into a gigantic sum if you add enough years on to it.. If that bothers you now, how the hell can you operate as a human being with some of the bills you have to pay?

because that argument doesn't hold weight when compared to the PS3 where you didn't have to pay online...It's something extra that people feel like they shouldn't have to pay or would rather not pay. Thus, I myself won't be a psn+ member for that very reason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] Well it is the principle of the matter. Some people spin it as a cheap fee that everybody can afford. Others see it as an $800 subsidized console over the course of an 8 year generation.josephl64

because that argument doesn't hold weight when compared to the PS3 where you didn't have to pay online...It's something extra that people feel like they shouldn't have to pay or would rather not pay. Thus, I myself won't be a psn+ member for that very reason

Yet the PS3 didnt' have services and features that XBL had... My point still stands in this regard, of how people who actually pay bills could find this cost even remotely bothersome.. Owning a single cable box on a tv usually costs $5 to $10 a month to run..

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50541 Posts

It's a well known factually based fact console users don't mind being ripped off. It's why gaming went from expansion packs to paying $5 for skin. Withheld content on launch. And digtial aids. They will pay for these overcharged "next generation" (read: 2007 pc games) and pay for these subscriptions. meanwhile, ze master race will enjoy steam, sip sherry and enjoying being superior.

uninspiredcup

It's a factually based fact?  That's almost as stupid as the rest of your comment.  Almost.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50541 Posts
[QUOTE="FastEddie2121"]I don't have the stomach to pour over the countless old cows bashing XBL threads, but there should be a catalog of those who said they'd dump $ony if they charged for online play on the P$4. I'm concerned about their gaming well-being and am curious about what gaming options they will entertain next gen since they swore never to let their gaming habits get in the way of their principles. sSubZerOo

Because the cost was never the point.
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#216 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58831 Posts

[QUOTE="uninspiredcup"]

Chutebox

It's a factually based fact?  That's almost as stupid as the rest of your comment.  Almost.

But i'm right.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#217 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

because most people never said anything about the precious xbox live subscription. The people falling over themselves to call everyone who owns a playstation a hypocrite is pathetic, I pay for psn+ already and will for the ps4. Stupid xbox fanboys hurt my brain with their stupidity, go play your console and have fun instead of being pathetic losers that need to make arguments out of nothing. People complaining about the principle will change their tune when they get more than they paid for back in free games.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts
Because cows love bending over for SonyRR360DD
just like you've been doing for M$ for the past decade?
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

I was majorly disappointed when I first heard the PS+ stuff at E3.

But then, I'm still saving $100 compared to XB1 buyers. So, that extra $100 buys me 2 years online with PS+, and includes a bunch of games with it.

No-brainer really.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#220 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

I blame Lemmings for Letting M$ get away with too many things. In Fact M$ is still trying to implement DRM in their games and lemmings are all over it... what's gonna happen int he future ? Nintendo and Sony might implement DRM seeing how well it works out for M$. See how it works ? it's all up to the consumers.... What they want is what they get....... and what they wanted was to pay for online because of "you get what you pay for, we pay for online we don't get hacked"

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Hypocrites..hypocrites everywhere.Motokid6
This. When the shoe is on the other foot, they find ways to try to make it seem reasonable. Still, I won't be paying for online.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] Why would I want what? Happy Tickets? I don't. I was just quoting the article. My only point is that F2P PSN games are free for everybody while ones of Xbox Live require the premium subscription. Fanboy? What in the hell are you talking about? I'm probably one of the only people here who is not a fanboy.Murderstyle75

(snipped all the shite talk)There is only one game in the history of Xbox that didnt require a Gold sub and that's only because it didnt use a single one of Microsofts services. So until said otherwise, Online Xbox games require Gold to play. Its been this way for over 10 years yet you are trying to argue with me based on a fantasy speculation that doesn't even coincide with rumors let alone facts. Who is the real fanboy here?

2 games actually, FFXI and PSU, and whats to say there won't be F2P games that don't use MS servers (not like that XBLA game you're claiming as proof).

I'm well aware of MS's change, luckily i was never a fanboy to begin with so i still had all the other systems to enjoy when the 360 went to shit, you're the one throwing hissy fits if anyone says anything positive about the X1, so you are the real fanboy here afaic.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="josephl64"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

sSubZerOo

Yet the PS3 didnt' have services and features that XBL had... My point still stands in this regard, of how people who actually pay bills could find this cost even remotely bothersome.. Owning a single cable box on a tv usually costs $5 to $10 a month to run..

Yet Sony confirmed in 2011 that the only reason the service didnt have those features was because the systems ram could not support them. And cross game chat was never locked behind the Gold membership to begin with. And I think its actually the people who pay bills who have more of a problem with it. With real bills also comes a greater responsibility with money. People already have a lot of bills. From mortgage to auto insurance to utilities to cell phone. Its actually the people in my circle who have these responsibilities that I couldn't talk into a 360 console.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#224 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

They can charge all they want, I don't care I could careless of multiplayer or online gaming

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Murderstyle75

Snugenz

(snipped all the shite talk)There is only one game in the history of Xbox that didnt require a Gold sub and that's only because it didnt use a single one of Microsofts services. So until said otherwise, Online Xbox games require Gold to play. Its been this way for over 10 years yet you are trying to argue with me based on a fantasy speculation that doesn't even coincide with rumors let alone facts. Who is the real fanboy here?

2 games actually, FFXI and PSU, and whats to say there won't be F2P games that don't use MS servers (not like that XBLA game you're claiming as proof).

I'm well aware of MS's change, luckily i was never a fanboy to begin with so i still had all the other systems to enjoy when the 360 went to shit, you're the one throwing hissy fits if anyone says anything positive about the X1, so you are the real fanboy here afaic.

What am I a fanboy of? What am I promoting? I just like to beat the shit out of fanboys in system wars and right now, the current X0 defenders here are really easy targets. Meanwhile I have much more mature debates and discussions in the general Xbox section which none of you f*ckers even go to because you are too busy comparing penis sizes. Most people here aren't fans of games. They are fans of corporations and everything that is supposed to be right about the Xbox One would be completely wrong about the PS4. This rule can be reversed of course but at least this time around, cows aren't trying to promote gimmicks like they were in 2006. Xbox fans sure in the hell are though.
The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Pacific"]Cuz cow's are hypocrites and will bend over whenever sony commands them too. Murderstyle75
Lems aren't exactly the same as Cows? The only difference between a Cow and a Lem is the corporation they worship. Its no different than hillbillies and their Mopar vs Chevy shit. If you ask me, you all suck and if the logos were switched, the things you guys claim to hate about the other console are the things you would be defending to the death about your own. Its so pathetic, you guys could be on a Tru TV reality show.

I'm a sheep. Lemmings feel in line when M$ boned them for 10 extra dollars for XBL and now cow's are falling in line next generation for milkage online fees.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts
[QUOTE="PS4TrumpsXbox1"][QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="guard12"]

It was expected for some time now

Not by cows it wasn't. For years they've been talking about how Sony would NEVER charge for online play. That is was and should always be free. Don't say it was expected for sometime cause for cows it wasn't.

No disrespect, but thats an ignorant generalization to make against playstation users or "cows". With Sony now requiring subscription for online, they will be able to streghten their online infrastracture. As a soon to be graduate in a BS in Information Technology I understand that companies needs to do all they can to keep their networks secure, and honestly a degree in this field isnt needed to understand that. With the extra money they should be able to strengthen security and provide better services. I never expected online to always be free, but there is so much value in plus it honestly pays for itself within in the first month or so for a 1 year subscription.

How is that a generalization? Cows said it all gen, Sony would never charge for online. I'm not the one that said it, cows did. Now cows are acting like it's all ok because it's Sony AFTER making fun of lems for Live. Do you have reading comprehension problems or something? BTW, value is subjective
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Murderstyle75
[QUOTE="PS4TrumpsXbox1"][QUOTE="kingtito"] Not by cows it wasn't. For years they've been talking about how Sony would NEVER charge for online play. That is was and should always be free. Don't say it was expected for sometime cause for cows it wasn't.kingtito
No disrespect, but thats an ignorant generalization to make against playstation users or "cows". With Sony now requiring subscription for online, they will be able to streghten their online infrastracture. As a soon to be graduate in a BS in Information Technology I understand that companies needs to do all they can to keep their networks secure, and honestly a degree in this field isnt needed to understand that. With the extra money they should be able to strengthen security and provide better services. I never expected online to always be free, but there is so much value in plus it honestly pays for itself within in the first month or so for a 1 year subscription.

How is that a generalization? Cows said it all gen, Sony would never charge for online. I'm not the one that said it, cows did. Now cows are acting like it's all ok because it's Sony AFTER making fun of lems for Live. Do you have reading comprehension problems or something? BTW, value is subjective

No different than Lems defending the Netflix fee calling the 360 superior because it had parties. Then when they took it away and the PS3 had 1080p and surround sound first, Lems pretended like it never happened. Fact of the matter is, you are all a bunch of fanboys.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 kingtito
[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]

lol lems should be the last ones criticising sony for charging online.

You suckers have been paying since the last gen,and xbox live doesn't even give free games:lol:

Plus,F2P games do not require a subscription.You can play planetside 2 multiplayer for hundreds of hours on ps4 without paying a penny;)

Are all cows this stupid? Lems are not criticising cows for PS+, they're criticising your hypocricy. All gen cows were laughing at and making fun or lems for Live, all the while claiming Sony would never charge for something will should be free. Now they're charging and YOU cows are all smitten with Sony and thanking Kaz for the chance to pay for it. That is what we call hypocricy.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
360 fans took a stand against DRM. Sony fans just bent over like usual and accepted everything Sony did. Pathetic.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 kingtito

[QUOTE="lhughey"]Because this is SW, where people complain about things until its "their" company doing it. Then its the best thing since bread that has precut slices.LegatoSkyheart

Or maybe because Sony isn't charging you to do the basic functions of online.

(you could still Netflix without paying PS+)

So basically you're being charged ONLY for online play? How is that better? You can get everything for free right now with PSN+ but once the PS4 launches you only get multiplayer. At least going from Silver account to Gold you actually do get something for your money.
Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts
because i already have PS+
PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

[QUOTE="LordOfPoms"]Worth noting all F2P games are F2P on PS4 because you don't need PS Plus. F2P games require Gold on XBL. That needs to change.Snugenz

I assume you have a credible link to back this up?.

If they charge people to use apps like netflix and hulu why wouldnt they charge to use their free to play games (requiring XBL). Check this funny article: http://gizmodo.com/xbox-live-gold-is-still-one-of-the-biggest-ripoffs-in-t-513093573
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Murderstyle75
[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="lhughey"]Because this is SW, where people complain about things until its "their" company doing it. Then its the best thing since bread that has precut slices.kingtito

So basically you're being charged ONLY for online play? How is that better? You can get everything for free right now with PSN+ but once the PS4 launches you only get multiplayer. At least going from Silver account to Gold you actually do get something for your money.

What kind of something? A select number of apps that are already on my iPhone?
PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 PS4TrumpsXbox1

On Xbox One, no no i havn't, have you?.

And is that even a F2P game, just googled it and the XBLA site had a "Buy Now" button?.

Snugenz

The original quote you hilightee said XBox Live Gold. Nothing about XO however you can bet they will be locked just like everything else. And Happy Wars is F2P but requires Gold to play. I believe the one and only multiplayer game that doesn't require Gold is Final Fantasy because it connects through a 3rd party service. Funny hiw they never let that happen again. http://m.gamespot.com/news/free-to-play-xbox-live-game-hits-2-million-players-6405103 Though Happy Wars is free to play, gamers can purchase "happy tickets" with real-world money to upgrade their characters' appearance and equipment. This can also be achieved by unlocking "happy stars" through play. Additionally, gamers must hold an Xbox Live Gold subscription ($60 per year) to download Happy Wars.

Seems like your denial knows no bounds....
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
I love how people hated MS for it.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

it was only a rip off when ms did it.

now it is a tremendous value that sony gets thanked for a lot.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 kingtito

Why would I want what? Happy Tickets? I don't. I was just quoting the article. My only point is that F2P PSN games are free for everybody while ones of Xbox Live require the premium subscription. Fanboy? What in the hell are you talking about? I'm probably one of the only people here who is not a fanboy.Murderstyle75

Umm I primarily play on the 360 which I have thousands of dollars invested in. Meanwhile I own maybe 4 playstation games and only bought the console because it came from a pawn shop. Hell. I was a Gold Subscriber starting with the beta back when most of you Xbox fanboys were worshipping the shitty PS2. What would make me a fanboy would be ignoring the bullshit this company has unleashed over the past three or so years and act like an obedient little lemming. But lets just say I'm a fan of J Allards Xbox and vision. Not Steve Ballmers corporate reinvention. Microsofts policies suck, their schemes suck and they treat their game developers like complete garbage as well as their staff. There is a reason most of the prominent names from the Xbox team jumped ship. And the ones who didnt quit were fired and replaced by middle managers from other divisions within the company with zero gaming experience. But as a gamer, I have to game somewhere and right now that's leaning towards a PS4. But since I'm not a dumbass, I also won't blindly jump into a launch console from anybody until I know what everything's about. And I'm not assuming anything. There is only one game in the history of Xbox that didnt require a Gold sub and that's only because it didnt use a single one of Microsofts services. So until said otherwise, Online Xbox games require Gold to play. Its been this way for over 10 years yet you are trying to argue with me based on a fantasy speculation that doesn't even coincide with rumors let alone facts. Who is the real fanboy here?

Not to hijack your convo but you are most certainly a cow. Every post you put up is either putting down MS or praising Sony. Just because you play on your 360 doesn't mean you're not a cow.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 kingtito
Because it's logical? It was logical when MS did it, they offered a superior product at a premium, I think in the end a majority of people would rather go that route than to rely on a less stable or secure system that was included.Resultsmayvary0
You MUST be new here cause that's not what cows have been saying all gen.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 kingtito

[QUOTE="josephl64"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

sSubZerOo

Really? Weren't cows saying PSN was just as good as Live minus cross game chat? Weren't cows posting new threads almost everyday talking about how PSN == LIVE?

Why are cows always changing your stories?

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 PS4TrumpsXbox1
[QUOTE="PS4TrumpsXbox1"][QUOTE="kingtito"] Not by cows it wasn't. For years they've been talking about how Sony would NEVER charge for online play. That is was and should always be free. Don't say it was expected for sometime cause for cows it wasn't.kingtito

How is that not a generalizaiton? Your saying every playstation owner never expected for sony to charge for online and that it should always be free. Haha really? Insulting me for reading comprehension? Saying one type of group (in this case, cows) all think and say the same thing about one specific subject isn't generalizing? Maybe it is you SIr that have the problem, maybe you should go back to grade school.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 kingtito
[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="PS4TrumpsXbox1"] No disrespect, but thats an ignorant generalization to make against playstation users or "cows". With Sony now requiring subscription for online, they will be able to streghten their online infrastracture. As a soon to be graduate in a BS in Information Technology I understand that companies needs to do all they can to keep their networks secure, and honestly a degree in this field isnt needed to understand that. With the extra money they should be able to strengthen security and provide better services. I never expected online to always be free, but there is so much value in plus it honestly pays for itself within in the first month or so for a 1 year subscription.Murderstyle75

No different than Lems defending the Netflix fee calling the 360 superior because it had parties. Then when they took it away and the PS3 had 1080p and surround sound first, Lems pretended like it never happened. Fact of the matter is, you are all a bunch of fanboys.

I'm not talking about Lems am I? Cows were claiming all gen Sony wouldn't charge and if they did they'd leave Sony. Lems did no such thing so no point in bringing them up.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 kingtito
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

What kind of something? A select number of apps that are already on my iPhone?

Again you're bringing up something that has NO business in the conversation. All apps can be found on the PC but since we're talking about MS and Sony what you're saying has no point.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#244 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I see the cow defense squad is out in full force.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 kingtito

[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="PS4TrumpsXbox1"] No disrespect, but thats an ignorant generalization to make against playstation users or "cows". With Sony now requiring subscription for online, they will be able to streghten their online infrastracture. As a soon to be graduate in a BS in Information Technology I understand that companies needs to do all they can to keep their networks secure, and honestly a degree in this field isnt needed to understand that. With the extra money they should be able to strengthen security and provide better services. I never expected online to always be free, but there is so much value in plus it honestly pays for itself within in the first month or so for a 1 year subscription.PS4TrumpsXbox1

How is that not a generalizaiton? Your saying every playstation owner never expected for sony to chargefor online and that it should always be free. Haha really? Insulting me for reading comprehension? Saying one type of group (in this case, cows) all think and say the same thing about one specific subject isn't generalizing? Maybe it is you SIr that have the problem, maybe you should go back to grade school.

Your reading comprehension sucks dude.

I said COWS......COWS.....COWS and just to clarify COWS cause not every PS owner is a cow. COWS....COWS....here on GS, claimed ALL gen Sony would never charge and that's a fact.

You must be new here kid, I think maybe you're still in grade school.

crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts

If PS+ was such a good value with its game rental service, then it should be able to stand on its own without forcing people to pay for crappy online gaming. 

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 PS4TrumpsXbox1

[QUOTE="PS4TrumpsXbox1"][QUOTE="kingtito"] How is that a generalization? Cows said it all gen, Sony would never charge for online. I'm not the one that said it, cows did. Now cows are acting like it's all ok because it's Sony AFTER making fun of lems for Live. Do you have reading comprehension problems or something? BTW, value is subjectivekingtito

How is that not a generalizaiton? Your saying every playstation owner never expected for sony to chargefor online and that it should always be free. Haha really? Insulting me for reading comprehension? Saying one type of group (in this case, cows) all think and say the same thing about one specific subject isn't generalizing? Maybe it is you SIr that have the problem, maybe you should go back to grade school.

I said COWS......COWS.....COWS and just to clarify COWS cause not every PS owner is a cow. COWS....COWS....here on GS, claimed ALL gen Sony would never charge and that's a fact.

Do you have the intellect of a rock? Your generalizing cows as playstion supporters. and generalizing that all of these 'cows' or playstation supporter have claimed Sony would never charge for online. How is that a fact?? Definition of fact: A thing that is indisputably the case. Information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article. Definition of opinion: The beliefs or views of a large number or majority of people about a particular thing. Seems more like opinion, dont you think? And yea im kind of new to these forums but that has nothing to do with it, your ignorance seems to have no limit
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#248 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
I am but on the other hand if its a huge loss for Sony which is already on billion losses the last 6 years ... they have their reason to ... I wonder what was Microsofts all these year ? Greediness... But yeah , Extra pay to play online is super annoying , whatever brand.
AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#249 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

I see the cow defense squad is out in full force.

GreySeal9

Its the reality. Sony does this because they cant stand more losses. MS doin this 8 years now cause of greediness alone. Period

Do we like it , hell no. Its as annoying as any other extra fee ... But Sonys reason is way different than MS and thats a fact.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 kingtito

[QUOTE="kingtito"]

[QUOTE="PS4TrumpsXbox1"] How is that not a generalizaiton? Your saying every playstation owner never expected for sony to chargefor online and that it should always be free. Haha really? Insulting me for reading comprehension? Saying one type of group (in this case, cows) all think and say the same thing about one specific subject isn't generalizing? Maybe it is you SIr that have the problem, maybe you should go back to grade school.PS4TrumpsXbox1

Do you have the intellect of a rock? Your generalizing cows as playstion supporters. and generalizing that all of these 'cows' or playstation supporter have claimed Sony would never charge for online. How is that a fact?? Definition of fact: A thing that is indisputably the case. Information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article. Definition of opinion: The beliefs or views of a large number or majority of people about a particular thing. Seems more

like opinion, dont you think? And yea im kind of new to these forums but that has nothing to do with it, your ignorance seems to have no limit

We're in SWs kid so yes enough cows have claimed this for me to say ALL cows in SWs.

You being new to this I wouldn't expect you to understand. Try doing some research before spewing your garbage about generalizing and realize WHERE you're posting. To be perfectly honest, I don't recall 1 single cow saying Sony WOULD charge for online. EVERY cow that did have an opinion on the subject all said the same thing "Sony would never charge for online BECAUSE Sony said so".

Not sure how this is so hard for you to understand but since you admitted to being new, I'll chalk it up to that.