why are people not more pissed about ps4 having a subscription to play online no

This topic is locked from further discussion.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

I am pretty pissed at it. And that's why I won't buy any next gen console at launch. I will buy Playstation 4 slim though. So I guess Xbox 360/Playstation 3/PC for me for the upcoming two or three years.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Cows are bunch of hypocrites, what's new?
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I'm not happy about it but I did a year of PS+ before and got much more value from it than $50. If Sony can continue to provide that kind of value than I won't be as bothered with it

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Worth noting all F2P games are F2P on PS4 because you don't need PS Plus. F2P games require Gold on XBL. That needs to change.LordOfPoms

I assume you have a credible link to back this up?.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

Simple, when Microsoft was trying to shove DRM down everyone's throats Sony was able to come out and say "hey, we won't block used games!" and then was able to sneak in the multiplayer fee when no one was really paying attention. 

Vari3ty
Why would nobody be paying attention? If anything, its more about not seeing the majority of what you can do locked behind some kind of paywall. The fact that you only need plus for multiplayer features and not pretty much every otherwise free mobile app, makes it a lot easier to swallow. I'm sure the game downloads help out a lot as well. Now as an Xbox gamer, my biggest criticism about the Live service was that with every bullshit so called perk added to the service, almost none of it was multiplayer related. Then to add insult to injury, they spent billions of dollars hijacking our dashboards with advertising billboards.
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="LordOfPoms"]Worth noting all F2P games are F2P on PS4 because you don't need PS Plus. F2P games require Gold on XBL. That needs to change.Snugenz

Have you tried to play Happy Wars from a Silver account? Cannot be done.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="LordOfPoms"]Worth noting all F2P games are F2P on PS4 because you don't need PS Plus. F2P games require Gold on XBL. That needs to change.Murderstyle75

On Xbox One, no no i havn't, have you?.

And is that even a F2P game, just googled it and the XBLA site had a "Buy Now" button?.

Avatar image for call_of_duty_10
call_of_duty_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 call_of_duty_10
Member since 2009 • 4954 Posts

lol lems should be the last ones criticising sony for charging online.

You suckers have been paying since the last gen,and xbox live doesn't even give free games:lol:

Plus,F2P games do not require a subscription.You can play planetside 2 multiplayer for hundreds of hours on ps4 without paying a penny;)

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
Because I already payed for the service before they made it needed for online?
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Snugenz

You suckers have been paying since the last gen,and xbox live doesn't even give free games:lol:

Plus,F2P games do not require a subscription.You can play planetside 2 multiplayer for hundreds of hours on ps4 without paying a penny;)

call_of_duty_10

Learn to read, noone is criticising Sony for charging, they're calling out the hypocritical cows for being well... massive hypocrites.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Snugenz

And is that even a F2P game, just googled it and the XBLA site had a "Buy Now" button?.

The original quote you hilightee said XBox Live Gold. Nothing about XO however you can bet they will be locked just like everything else. And Happy Wars is F2P but requires Gold to play. I believe the one and only multiplayer game that doesn't require Gold is Final Fantasy because it connects through a 3rd party service. Funny hiw they never let that happen again. http://m.gamespot.com/news/free-to-play-xbox-live-game-hits-2-million-players-6405103 Though Happy Wars is free to play, gamers can purchase "happy tickets" with real-world money to upgrade their characters' appearance and equipment. This can also be achieved by unlocking "happy stars" through play. Additionally, gamers must hold an Xbox Live Gold subscription ($60 per year) to download Happy Wars.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I hope steam doesn't start charging...

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] Have you tried to play Happy Wars from a Silver account? Cannot be done.Murderstyle75

The original quote you hilightee said XBox Live Gold. Nothing about XO however you can bet they will be locked just like everything else. And Happy Wars is F2P but requires Gold to play. I believe the one and only multiplayer game that doesn't require Gold is Final Fantasy because it connects through a 3rd party service. Funny hiw they never let that happen again. http://m.gamespot.com/news/free-to-play-xbox-live-game-hits-2-million-players-6405103 Though Happy Wars is free to play, gamers can purchase "happy tickets" with real-world money to upgrade their characters' appearance and equipment. This can also be achieved by unlocking "happy stars" through play. Additionally, gamers must hold an Xbox Live Gold subscription ($60 per year) to download Happy Wars.

Sounds like alot of assumptions and wishful thinking on your end, why you would want that is beyond me, i guess your fanboyism knows no bounds.

Benny_Blakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#165 Benny_Blakk
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts

yeah i dont want to pay to play online

akdiuuuryttt

It sucks even though it was expected

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

Fanboys, that is all.

smokingsbad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 smokingsbad
Member since 2004 • 38455 Posts

JangoWuzHere
never.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#168 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

i don't like it either to be honest.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
That's why I'm not getting a PS4. I may get one later if it has any worthwhile exclusives, though.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

JangoWuzHere
Valve cares about its fanbase; there's the difference.
HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

[QUOTE="MightyMuna"]Totally agree. Also, the hypocrisy in Sony fans is astounding. Nevertheless, the 'free' games is great value. AHUGECAT

It's surreal. I can bring up HUNDREDS of threads, websites, etc. etc. that were saying Microsoft is evil for charging for Xbox Live.

This came up first couple pages on Google: http://www.techhive.com/article/153729/xbox_live_free.html

http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/can-microsoft-get-away-with-charging-for-online-pl-560491/

http://www.change.org/petitions/microsoft-stop-charging-for-the-service-of-xbox-live

http://n4g.com/news/230414/why-microsoft-should-stop-charging-for-xbox-live

Now that Sony is charging, no one cares. And not only that, but Sony announced they were charging in a dirty, sneaky way - right when they were "owning" Microsoft's policies at E3. And then the fine print in their "share games" ad.

They couldn't even announce it straight out. A dirty company.

Yeah, I found the cows acceptance absolutely shocking considering the astronomical deal Sony fans made out of XBL fees.

I particularly like "you have to pay to unlock half your games" and "half your games are held at ransom", say this now, and it's silence.

I'd LOVE to know why it's now OK to pay to unlock half your games?

Also, are half your games still held at ransom?

ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#172 ShadowofSonic
Member since 2009 • 24616 Posts

60$ per year averages out to just 18 cents per day, if you can't afford that you should find another hobby. A hobo on the street can get more money than that.

Bigboi500
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#173 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

because you get other stuff with PS+.

Also it's not that big of a deal anymore.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts
Because this is SW, where people complain about things until its "their" company doing it. Then its the best thing since bread that has precut slices.
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Because unlike XBL, its totally worth it. We get free games :cool:

Cheleman
Do some more research please.
ShadowofSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#176 ShadowofSonic
Member since 2009 • 24616 Posts
I'm sure Sony will balance value with price.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I'm sure many like myself are still not happy with being forced to pay extra in order to play online... 

But having been a PSN+ member for 2 yrs should Sony keep improving the service with those 'free' games then its not that bad for gamers..

Having said that I was hoping for Sony to keep online gaming free for all those future PS4 owners who may not be interested in PSN+ service.. 

Finally its SW so we know how ppl change their opinions :P  

Apparently to cows its now ok to pay for online just like for lemmings its not a problem that Xbox One is focusing on being a Multimedia system, offering many non gaming related features + Bluray.. 

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#178 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts
Because so many people just like sucking Sony's dick and wont accept that Xbox One is the far superior console, with far superior games, and a far superior online community!
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#179 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Because this is SW, where people complain about things until its "their" company doing it. Then its the best thing since bread that has precut slices.lhughey

Or maybe because Sony isn't charging you to do the basic functions of online.

(you could still Netflix without paying PS+)

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#180 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

60$ per year averages out to just 18 cents per day, if you can't afford that you should find another hobby. A hobo on the street can get more money than that.

ShadowofSonic

this is what is fvcking wrong with the games industry, it's people like you

this is not about if we can afford it or not, it's about weather the value for money is there, if there is a reason to pay for something that used to be free before, you are no different to those who buy Call of Duty every year aswell as every single map for pack for them.

Dragerdeifrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#181 Dragerdeifrit
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

im a sony fanboy and im pissed about it... but its either that or getting a wii U for free online play lol...

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

From what I've heard it's not "as bad" and the rewards you get overtake the "risks" involved with it.

Still bullshit either way, they're still the same just one evil is (or was, I don't know) greater than the other. Doesn't matter, they're still evil and very, very wrong.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#183 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

While they've done something shitty- online paywall -it's incorporated into something great (PS+). It's a mixture of Sony's greed and the hilarious lack of competition the Wii U and Xbone provide.

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts
I'll pay but they better speed up downloads and updates and don't make me install something after I download it be more like Xbox
handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts
I'll pay but they better speed up downloads and updates and don't make me install something after I download it be more like Xbox onewiththegame
dunno about the speeds, but plus downloads updates for everything automatically based on a specific time you set (I set mine to autoupdate at 4am. every night if updates are available, it updates up to like 4 different games. don't even have to have the discs in) Think they also said you can play while downloading stuff on the ps4 as well. (In addition to choosing if you want to DL the multiplayer or singleplayer first)
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Because cows are the biggest hypocrites in the gaming world.

Rage010101
bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I think it's the fact that Sony came out and said listen we ain't struggling but we can't afford to give you the best experience online without a subscription, so from next gen you will have to have ps+ but all the benefits of ps+ are staying, alos any free to play games, and the shop will be free. 

Which unlike Microsoft who charge you to get anything from the online aspect, plus Microsoft came out and just went right we have online but you have to pay end of. 

I'd just rather go with the more honest and whats going to benefit me, than whats going to benefit the company.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

call_of_duty_10
Ah not long ago all F2P games were being smashed by the console crowd, now all of a sudden they are being hailed.... :lol: (Not just calling you out here, but lots of people)
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Absolute, unadulterated hypocrisy :?

But I think you and just about everyone here already knows this. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
I'll pay but they better speed up downloads and updates and don't make me install something after I download it be more like Xbox onewiththegame
It's pretty much guaranteed to be better. 1) The main issue with the PS3 was the awful wifi in the box, that's been sorted. 2) There'll be a PS+ esque option to download updates automatically either at a set time or whenever the console is in it's low power state so you can download at non peak times. I'm hoping they'll add pre-loading to more titles too so you can download before release day for full titles. 3) They've got new hardware that handles compression plus they'll have learnt a few things from the Gaikai guys who're supposedly top of their field in compression tech. 4) You can play as you download so it never holds you up anyway. Hopefully this is for patches too.
shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

I'm a bit upset about it, but 1) I don't game online, so I wouldn't be affected -- 2) I would consider picking it up for the free games. Just glad they didn't block other services with a paywall, that would have been ridiculous.

bigbaldwolf86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 bigbaldwolf86
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I'm going from X360 to PS4 so it doesn't bother me. If it helps them to make a better online experience then I'm all for it. It's only the price of a game and you will be given games anyway. Didn't the last year of PS+ save people about £1300 according to what the SixthAxis had researched?

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Murderstyle75

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Snugenz

Sounds like alot of assumptions and wishful thinking on your end, why you would want that is beyond me, i guess your fanboyism knows no bounds.

Why would I want what? Happy Tickets? I don't. I was just quoting the article. My only point is that F2P PSN games are free for everybody while ones of Xbox Live require the premium subscription. Fanboy? What in the hell are you talking about? I'm probably one of the only people here who is not a fanboy.
The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
Cuz cow's are hypocrites and will bend over whenever sony commands them too.
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

I'd say because after leaving Gamespot having paid my $50 for PS+, I can download Driveclub, a full retail $60 game, for free.

double_a73

Derp, you don't get the full version; you get a stripped, gimped "free-to-play" version.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Not happy at all. At least PSN+ is a great service. At least :?
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
My best guess is because PSN offers alot more than just online multiplayer where as XBOX LIVE offers only online multiplayer and access your already-paid-for apps.
josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

I know I'm upset about it, so I won't be playing online...

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Because cows love bending over for SonyRR360DD

You wish! I don't like having to pay. I don't defend it like idiotic Lems do! 

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I DON'T WANT TO PAY & HAVE ALWAYS SHOWN THIS. I HAVE NEVER SHOWN THAT I'VE WANTED TO PAY OR DEFEND COMPANIES MAKING GAMERS PAY!!Â