why are people not more pissed about ps4 having a subscription to play online no

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

uh because they don't have much other options on consoles.  And I guess at least PS+ gives them something

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
If you kept making fun of your friend about something for 7 years and then the same thing happened to you, would you tell him? Hell no, because you know what's coming. :P
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#103 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="ZIMdoom"]

OK. Let's analyze this comment then. Sony said MS is evil last gen for charging for online but not calling Sony evil this gen for charging for online with the PS4. THIS gen. The gen where MS came out an annouced no used games, no loaning games, always on, etc and that consumers had no rights at all.

If you are wondering why anyone isn't calling Sony evil for charging for online it this gen it is because MS has raised the evil bar quite a lot this past year.

handssss

You're just making alot of excuses for hyprocrisy.

what hypocrisy? Hardly anyone is jumping for joy now that both companies charge for online now. People had every right to be upset at MS being the SOLE company to charge for online and force it for multiplayer last gen and the gen before it. You honestly believe their competition wouldn't eventually get in on that market so willing to pay and unable to really refuse when they were losing money from the start? And even then, you still don't even need to pay for non-gaming services or even all of the games online. I might just find myself playing Warframe or Planetside 2 when a ps4 comes out and I wouldn't need to be a + member for either.

You are not using your brain if you can't see the hyprocrisy.

Cows were acting like it was evil for MS to charge for online play, but now that Sony does it, it is not so evil anymore. Nobody ever said anybody was jumping for joy.

I knew Sony would get it on that market, but naive Sony fanboys thought that Sony cared and would provide free online forever.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="handssss"] you mean the one MS started, was rhe sole company supporting for years (about a decade now), and demonstrated to the entire world people at large still don't care? at least sony doesn't require it for all games, charges $10 less per year, doesn't hide non-related services like netflix behind their paywell, and offers several benefits that more than make up for the cost of the subscription.

handssss

Sony is doing it much better admittedly, but paying for online multiplayer is lolz, dawg.

yes and I don't want to do it. But what choice does a console gamer have? Try some sort of tunneling service to work around it? (Do those still even exist?) go to wii u when that console doesn't even get 90% of the games I'm interested in? Console gamers can't just laugh at people who try to force them to pay online and then work around it with ease until they give up like PC gamers did with GFWL.

PC gamers gave up with GFWL? What? :?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 GreySeal9

uh because they don't have much other options on consoles.  And I guess at least PS+ gives them something

lostrib

They can game on PC if paying for online is so awful.

Also, they can be pissed about this and still purchase the PS4. But it's evident to any reasonable person that Sony fanboys are changing their tune.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

[QUOTE="handssss"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Sony is doing it much better admittedly, but paying for online multiplayer is lolz, dawg.

Hexagon_777

yes and I don't want to do it. But what choice does a console gamer have? Try some sort of tunneling service to work around it? (Do those still even exist?) go to wii u when that console doesn't even get 90% of the games I'm interested in? Console gamers can't just laugh at people who try to force them to pay online and then work around it with ease until they give up like PC gamers did with GFWL.

Yeah some people don't realize that Microsoft actually made GFWL free BECAUSE PC gamers complained. MS and Sony fans just accept whatever happens to them without putting up a fight so they have to pay.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

[QUOTE="handssss"] yes and I don't want to do it. But what choice does a console gamer have? Try some sort of tunneling service to work around it? (Do those still even exist?) go to wii u when that console doesn't even get 90% of the games I'm interested in? Console gamers can't just laugh at people who try to force them to pay online and then work around it with ease until they give up like PC gamers did with GFWL.tagyhag

Yeah some people don't realize that Microsoft actually made GFWL free BECAUSE PC gamers complained. MS and Sony fans just accept whatever happens to them without putting up a fight so they have to pay.

Indeed. Microsoft charging for GFWL on the PC...It would be a lemming's dream come true. :lol:

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts
And lems are happy paying $500 for shit hardware, huh.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 lostrib

And lems are happy paying $500 for shit hardware, huh.heeweesRus

sony fanboys happy paying $400 for shit hardware

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 heeweesRus

[QUOTE="heeweesRus"]And lems are happy paying $500 for shit hardware, huh.lostrib

PS4 is stronger than your $10,000 PC
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#111 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

Because unlike XBL, its totally worth it. We get free games :cool:

balfe1990

No, no you don't.

XBL would now have more of an argument about getting "free" games than PSN would.

Just admit you're a hypocrite and people would respect the admission.

He is an idiot. You are wasting your time. Ignore the douche.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="heeweesRus"]And lems are happy paying $500 for shit hardware, huh.heeweesRus

PS4 is stronger than your $10,000 PC

I know :cry:

Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts
Don't like it at all. Hate paying to play online, it's the worst. But I guess it sort of makes up for it with the free games.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#114 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

It turned me off the PS4, that's for sure.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 GreySeal9

Don't like it at all. Hate paying to play online, it's the worst. But I guess it sort of makes up for it with the free games.Oil_Rope_Bombs

The games are not free because they are accessed via paid subscription. Free games would be if Sony credited your PSN account without you paying for PSN+.

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 heeweesRus

[QUOTE="Oil_Rope_Bombs"]Don't like it at all. Hate paying to play online, it's the worst. But I guess it sort of makes up for it with the free games.GreySeal9

The games are not free because they are accessed via paid subscription. Free games would be if Sony credited your PSN account without you paying for PSN+.

You pay for the subsription, not the games.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 lostrib

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Oil_Rope_Bombs"]Don't like it at all. Hate paying to play online, it's the worst. But I guess it sort of makes up for it with the free games.heeweesRus

So free with purchase...not really free

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Oil_Rope_Bombs"]Don't like it at all. Hate paying to play online, it's the worst. But I guess it sort of makes up for it with the free games.heeweesRus

lol. You don't really believe this logic, do you?

If you can only get the "free games" through the subscription, you are indeed paying money in order to receive them.

Again, free games would be completely free.

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts

already a plus member so it doesn't affect me. do i wish it was still free, sure, but if they step up the service to live levels, i'm good with it.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

[QUOTE="handssss"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]Sony is doing it much better admittedly, but paying for online multiplayer is lolz, dawg.

Hexagon_777

no. they made MS give up trying to charge for it. Sorry for the confusion.
speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Cus cows are fools.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

It's a new console and doesn't affect any current customers.  What is there to be pissed about?

Now, anyone who buys a PS4 and doesn't want to pay should probably just not buy one.  Same with the Xbox. 

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#123 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

For those who dont want to pay for online multiplayer we have a perfect product for them, its called the PS3

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

Yeah, I don't like the idea of pay for it either, but I understand some of the reasons why.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#125 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Yet i don't see people complaining about a service that only allows online and just recently started adding games. I am fine with it, they should rather bash MS for a crappy Live service
p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts

60$ per year averages out to just 18 cents per day, if you can't afford that you should find another hobby. A hobo on the street can get more money than that.

Bigboi500

Does a hobo have to pay rent/mortgage?

Does a hobo have to pay utility bills?

Does a hobo have to pay for a car/insurance?

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
Some people are mad, myself included since I've never had PS+. However, the service offers more value then XBL Gold which I've had for around 4 years now so, it's not as bad.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
because i get hundreds and hundreds of dollars of savings.
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

60$ per year averages out to just 18 cents per day, if you can't afford that you should find another hobby. A hobo on the street can get more money than that.

p3anut

Does a hobo have to pay rent/mortgage?

Does a hobo have to pay utility bills?

Does a hobo have to pay for a car/insurance?

Believe it or not, the Hobos up the road from me have a house and a car. From what I hear, the bastards are banking $200 to $300 a day pretending to be homeless.
double_a73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 double_a73
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts

I'd say because after leaving Gamespot having paid my $50 for PS+, I can download Driveclub, a full retail $60 game, for free.

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts
Console gamers in general should be furious they pay for online. If you put the price of a next gen console with all the online fees over a gen you would be able to buy a high end PC and enjoy free online play forever.
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts
I've never had a problem with paying for XBL and I wont have a problem paying for PSN+
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 AD216
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts
Because cows love bending over for SonyRR360DD
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Murderstyle75
Console gamers in general should be furious they pay for online. If you put the price of a next gen console with all the online fees over a gen you would be able to buy a high end PC and enjoy free online play forever.Zoso813
More money to spend on hemmroid cream from sitting in that computer chair for extended hours.
Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#135 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

yeah i dont want to pay to play online

akdiuuuryttt
It sucks that they are requiring it for online play. BUT if it means better service I'll do it. Also if they keep the awesome benefits i'll keep paying for it. What really makes me laugh is the lembots trying to claim ownage... when they've been paying for about 8 years now. The best part is that PS+ doesn't have EVERYTHING behind a paywall.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#136 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

why are people riots about some single person getting off the hook then the entire NSA ?????????????

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#137 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

For those who dont want to pay for online multiplayer we have a perfect product for them, its called the PC

Zaibach

fixed

But yeah, it was an inevitability. My only gripe about Microsoft's Gold model was that they completely made all the apps, including Netflix, linked to Gold. That was utter bullshit. 

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#138 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

why are people riots about some single person getting off the hook then the entire NSA ?????????????

k2theswiss

You can say that about any trial. OJ Simpson, Casey Anthony, Zimmerman has now joined an elite group.

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts
Because apps like netflix will still be free even if you dont have the subscription and free to play games are accessible without subscription with psn unlike xbox's online
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
I've never had a problem with paying for XBL and I wont have a problem paying for PSN+22Toothpicks
Basically this for me, however for the ps3 gen of gamers who were all bashing MS for charging, I gues htey now get to eat their words and pay up, or miss out on a generation of multiplayer and other online features.
kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

It was expected for some time now

guard12
Not by cows it wasn't. For years they've been talking about how Sony would NEVER charge for online play. That is was and should always be free. Don't say it was expected for sometime cause for cows it wasn't.
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

Lems pay for online for years but call cows stupid for paying when PS4 comes out....

:lol:

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#143 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

as a long time playstation fan i felt betrayed when sony stole free online from us gamers. it made me realize how disgusting and greedy the dying company has become. 

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

Just means I won't be playing online on TWO systems now.

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts
[QUOTE="Zoso813"]Console gamers in general should be furious they pay for online. If you put the price of a next gen console with all the online fees over a gen you would be able to buy a high end PC and enjoy free online play forever.Murderstyle75
More money to spend on hemmroid cream from sitting in that computer chair for extended hours.

Yes, because you clearly aren't sitting in any type of chair/sofa when playing a console.
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Murderstyle75
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="Zoso813"]Console gamers in general should be furious they pay for online. If you put the price of a next gen console with all the online fees over a gen you would be able to buy a high end PC and enjoy free online play forever.Zoso813

Yes, because you clearly aren't sitting in any type of chair/sofa when playing a console.

My couch and recliner is a lot more soft and comfy than a PC chair, hunched over a little monitor. Great way to game. Lol
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 GreySeal9

Lems pay for online for years but call cows stupid for paying when PS4 comes out....

:lol:

FragTycoon

Nobody's calling them stupid for paying; people are calling them out for hyprocrisy. Learn to read.

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 PS4TrumpsXbox1
[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"]I've never had a problem with paying for XBL and I wont have a problem paying for PSN+Phazevariance
Basically this for me, however for the ps3 gen of gamers who were all bashing MS for charging, I gues htey now get to eat their words and pay up, or miss out on a generation of multiplayer and other online features.

Why would playstation users that bashed microsoft for charging people to use xbox live need to eat their words? I'm note 100 percent sure but I do believe that online will still be free for ps3 and like I said in a previous post apps are still free like netflix and free to play games dont require plus to access them so they are just that, free, unlike killer instinct which is supposedly suppose to be free (after you pay for xbox live, im sure), you only get one free character (Jago), all other you have to pay (accroding to new game informer).
PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 PS4TrumpsXbox1
[QUOTE="guard12"]

It was expected for some time now

kingtito
Not by cows it wasn't. For years they've been talking about how Sony would NEVER charge for online play. That is was and should always be free. Don't say it was expected for sometime cause for cows it wasn't.

No disrespect, but thats an ignorant generalization to make against playstation users or "cows". With Sony now requiring subscription for online, they will be able to streghten their online infrastracture. As a soon to be graduate in a BS in Information Technology I understand that companies needs to do all they can to keep their networks secure, and honestly a degree in this field isnt needed to understand that. With the extra money they should be able to strengthen security and provide better services. I never expected online to always be free, but there is so much value in plus it honestly pays for itself within in the first month or so for a 1 year subscription.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Simple, when Microsoft was trying to shove DRM down everyone's throats Sony was able to come out and say "hey, we won't block used games!" and then was able to sneak in the multiplayer fee when no one was really paying attention.Â