why are people not more pissed about ps4 having a subscription to play online no

This topic is locked from further discussion.

akdiuuuryttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 akdiuuuryttt
Member since 2005 • 2854 Posts

yeah i dont want to pay to play online

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

akdiuuuryttt
Are you upset that Sony has to make money in order to stay in business?
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Because cows love bending over for Sony
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Cows ignore anything negative Sony related.

guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#5 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts

It was expected for some time now

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

60$ per year averages out to just 18 cents per day, if you can't afford that you should find another hobby. A hobo on the street can get more money than that.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#7 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Because cows love bending over for SonyRR360DD
QFT yeah, I'm not happy, but at least we get free games out of it,
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

60$ averages out to just 18 cents per day, if you can't afford that you should find another hobby. A hobo on the street can get more money than that.

Bigboi500

Always that excuse. It's about the principle. :|

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

I already pay psn+ and have no intentions to stop paying it, so it doesnt bother me.

Its amazing value for the price.

My HDD is getting filled very quickly with the free games. If i had a VITA i would be over the moon because of PSN+. And i have used the psn+ discounts a few times already.

Since i dont intend to stop having psn+, i wont lose the games, but i usually only play a game once, so it wouldnt really affect me.

Avatar image for ShoulderOfOrion
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShoulderOfOrion
Member since 2013 • 3379 Posts
They call them Sony drones for a reason.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
Three months ago paying for online was the greatest crime against humanity for cows, now its all "Thank you based Kaz!" Gotta love SW. On a personal note I've no issue with it, esp as PS+ is a great deal.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AHUGECAT
Member since 2006 • 8967 Posts

Three months ago paying for online was the greatest crime against humanity for cows, now its all "Thank you based Kaz!" Gotta love SW. On a personal note I've no issue with it, esp as PS+ is a great deal.blue_hazy_basic

It's not just system wars - it's all over the internet. Even on "neutral" gaming websites, they were calling for Microsoft to stop charging for Xbox Live. Now that Sony is charging for online, no one cares all of a sudden.

I made a thread about this a month or so ago... and it was nothing but excuses. I think it's worse to be giving something away for free then charging, it's almost like bait and switch.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

60$ averages out to just 18 cents per day, if you can't afford that you should find another hobby. A hobo on the street can get more money than that.

Hexagon_777

Always that excuse. It's about the principle. :|

you mean the one MS started, was rhe sole company supporting for years (about a decade now), and demonstrated to the entire world people at large still don't care? at least sony doesn't require it for all games, charges $10 less per year, doesn't hide non-related services like netflix behind their paywell, and offers several benefits that more than make up for the cost of the subscription.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

Because unlike XBL, its totally worth it. We get free games :cool:

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Ye it is BS.

MightyMuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MightyMuna
Member since 2008 • 1766 Posts
Totally agree. Also, the hypocrisy in Sony fans is astounding. Nevertheless, the 'free' games is great value.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

Because most of the people who it'd actually make mad already haev the service, so they it doesn't really effect them.

Simple logic.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Cheleman
AC2 ... thank you MS :lol:
Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

sony-playstation-4-xl.jpg

Live. Love. Learn.

Sony.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Cheleman

No, no you don't.

XBL would now have more of an argument about getting "free" games than PSN would.

Just admit you're a hypocrite and people would respect the admission.

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5467 Posts

I am unhappy about it but given the 2 choices i have i sadly have little in the way of choice. I have a new state of the art PC already. I would prefer a server system for online Console games rarther than P2P if we are paying. I would rarther pay a little more to have that. No not happy about it but given the choices i will stick to Sony so far. 

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Because the xbone sucked so hard, this shit went relatively unnoticed.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RR360DD

Because most of the people who it'd actually make mad already haev the service, so they it doesn't really effect them.

Simple logic.

lx_theo

Such a pathetic excuse.

People always bash XBL for trivial things like netflix being behind a paywall. Well there are millions already paying for Gold anyway, so I guess thats a non issue now ...

xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

Hypocrites..hypocrites everywhere.Motokid6

AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AHUGECAT

Totally agree. Also, the hypocrisy in Sony fans is astounding. Nevertheless, the 'free' games is great value. MightyMuna

It's surreal. I can bring up HUNDREDS of threads, websites, etc. etc. that were saying Microsoft is evil for charging for Xbox Live.

This came up first couple pages on Google: http://www.techhive.com/article/153729/xbox_live_free.html

http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/can-microsoft-get-away-with-charging-for-online-pl-560491/

http://www.change.org/petitions/microsoft-stop-charging-for-the-service-of-xbox-live

http://n4g.com/news/230414/why-microsoft-should-stop-charging-for-xbox-live

Now that Sony is charging, no one cares. And not only that, but Sony announced they were charging in a dirty, sneaky way - right when they were "owning" Microsoft's policies at E3. And then the fine print in their "share games" ad.

They couldn't even announce it straight out. A dirty company.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

balfe1990

No, no you don't.

XBL would now have more of an argument about getting "free" games than PSN would.

not when the games are typically valued far less due to sheer age and the deal only lasts till the new console launch.
muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

I don't really play online much nowdays as everything is just turning into COD but I still pay for PSN+ due to the great value and rented games collection.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

akdiuuuryttt
Nor do I, which is why I wont
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ManatuBeard

sony-playstation-4-xl.jpg

Live. Love. Learn.

Sony.

Douevenlift_bro

Got all moist with that image... need to change undies now.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

handssss

No, no you don't.

not when the games are typically valued far less due to sheer age and the deal only lasts till the new console launch.

It's a matter of perspective. Though I agree, offering a game that you could pick up for less than the price of a latte is hilarious.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I think there are a few reasons for it.

1) Everyone is convinced that it is pretty much just PSN+ made mandetory, and yes while PSN+ have a proven trackrecord of ultimately being kind of worth it, there is no garantee that that is what we get, it is just what some people assumed.

2) Alot of people are silent (like me) because this signaled that the consumers on a whole lost. It was expected, but no shock, I feel no need to point out how bad this is, because I did it when the 360 started to do it, now PS4 does it aswell, so if you want one of the "twins" you are doomed either way.

Basicly I think alot of people are holding their breath to see if this can be somewhat justified, or if it is a failure and a detrement for us consumers.

I mean I still remember how MS silver accounts COULD play games, but gold just offered advantages, I remember how the gold accounts WERE worth it back then, or atleast on paper. I then remember how th silver pretty much vanished atleast if you wanted to play online. And I also remember how the service of the gold account deminished when there were no other options on the platform, It was basicly a textbook example of why the console walled garden does not work like it should, tht it punished the consumer more then helps now.

IF Sony is doing the same move, then you WILL hear it on here, people will get frustrated and angry.

Atleast that is my guess. (Ignoring cows, since well, honestly like all other insane people they are best left alone)

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

Simple logic.

RR360DD

Such a pathetic excuse.

People always bash XBL for trivial things like netflix being behind a paywall. Well there are millions already paying for Gold anyway, so I guess thats a non issue now ...

You miss the point. Hey, I'm a person who would never pay for PS+ if all it gave me was online play. I'll enjoy the access as long as PS+ makes it worth the money without that feature ever being considered as part of it. If it ever isn't anymore, then bye bye PS+ and online. People just are not as hard hit by the announcement as they would have been otherwise. That's why are not mad. Is it a good thing? No. Do people have an issue with it? Yeah. Does it make it any less of a flaw in the system because people are not as mad? Also no. Did Sony play their cards in a way that outrage was at the low end of possible ranges? That would be the case.
Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Im not pissed. PS3 and vita free online is great and all but it is a bit lackluster because it is free. Online takes a lot of money to do properly so instead of giving users inferior for free they are charging to have superior.

Considering it costs less than XBLG and they start you off with 18 games, give you 5 new games a month, online game save backups, full game trials, discounts on the PSN store and more is a great value for what youre paying for.

But things like netflix will continue to be free to use. Free to play games like planetside 2, warframe, dc universe online and such will be free to all even if they dont buy PS+.

And sony isnt making all online games require PS+. They are leaving it up to publishers if they want their games behind a PS+ paywall.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chutebox

[QUOTE="MightyMuna"]Totally agree. Also, the hypocrisy in Sony fans is astounding. Nevertheless, the 'free' games is great value. AHUGECAT

It's surreal. I can bring up HUNDREDS of threads, websites, etc. etc. that were saying Microsoft is evil for charging for Xbox Live.

This came up first couple pages on Google: http://www.techhive.com/article/153729/xbox_live_free.html

http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/can-microsoft-get-away-with-charging-for-online-pl-560491/

http://www.change.org/petitions/microsoft-stop-charging-for-the-service-of-xbox-live

Now that Sony is charging, no one cares. And not only that, but Sony announced they were charging in a dirty, sneaky way - right when they were "owning" Microsoft's policies at E3. And then the fine print in their "share games" ad.

There is much more value to psn+ than xbl
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chutebox

[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

Simple logic.

RR360DD

Such a pathetic excuse.

Well, that is bullshit
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AHUGECAT

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="MightyMuna"]Totally agree. Also, the hypocrisy in Sony fans is astounding. Nevertheless, the 'free' games is great value. Chutebox

This is about charging for online multiplayer, not "value." PSN+ is on the PS3, after all.

ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ManatuBeard

[QUOTE="AHUGECAT"]

[QUOTE="MightyMuna"]Totally agree. Also, the hypocrisy in Sony fans is astounding. Nevertheless, the 'free' games is great value. Chutebox

You are totally right!

They just took all our gaming rights and then changed policies to shut us up forcing us to accept a user agreement of a day one patch saying that they can change policies again whenever they want! Dirty company!

oh wait....

crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 crusadernm
Member since 2009 • 1609 Posts

I don't even know why PSN is charging.  The service in regards to speed actually connectivity, etc is terrible compared to blazingly fast Xbox Live.  I have both so I can judge equally.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#40 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

We dont complain because Sony gave us 7 years of free online gaming on PS3 while Xbox 360 fans paid 300-400 dollar to play.

Also, the ones who supported the idea of pay to play are the Xbox 360 fans so they are more to blame, not to mention plenty of people here are already pay for PS Plus, so they aint really suffering

in addition, it is expected from Sony since financially they ain't doing good.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
It's best to keep quiet and never bring it up if you spent an entire generation talking down a company for doing the same.
AHUGECAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AHUGECAT

We dont complain because Sony gave us 7 years of free online gaming on PS3 while Xbox 360 fans paid 300-400 dollar to play.

Also, the ones who supported the idea of pay to play are the Xbox 360 fans so they are more to blame, not to mention plenty of people here are already pay for PS Plus, so they aint really suffering

in addition, it is expected from Sony since financially they ain't doing good.

k--m--k

It was so expected that cows were making threads before E3 calling for Microsoft to stop charging.

Example: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29390631/why-do-people-pay-for-xbox-live

crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 crusadernm

I still find it quite odd cows love paying for online now.  Think of how much life they wasted complaining about it all those years.  Frigging hilarious.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

balfe1990

No, no you don't.

They get games and themes/avatars that come with the service, along with discounts on certain games. XBL users need to pay in order to play online, and there are now games that come with the service. Tell me again why you are defending XBL?
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

Simple logic.

Chutebox

Such a pathetic excuse.

Well, that is bullshit

I know its bullshit.

I just can't understand cow logic here. Bashing XBL for years now for so many reasons. One thing they ALWAYS used to say was that lems only get half the game when they buy it. Or that the multiplayer is being held hostage :lol:

Now the exact same thing is happening to them, bu but its okay guize, we get this free shit so it doesn't matter LOL

Whats funny is that when I get PSN+, it will be for the multiplayer, not the other crap.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

ofcourse im upset. Theres not question about it.

BUT you have to see it from a business perspective. Microsoft already set the standard and were able to successfully convince consumers that 50$ or w.e its cost is reasonable to pay to play online. 

SOnY: "hey well if MS can do it, why shouldn't we? Why should WE be left out on this potential profit?"

So it does make sense for SONY as well.

But like I said, paying for online is stupid since we already pay for internet. I like having maybe additional features that we can pay for but multiplayer gaming should be free

I guess we can thank MS and its stupid fanboys for that. 

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

I was pissed, but i got over it. I care too much about video games to actually stop playing because of this.

crusadernm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 crusadernm

Think of all those ps3 owners who don't frequent gaming news.  When they find out they gotta pay for online now for ps4.  hahahahaha. 

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

Cause anyone with half a brain saw it coming

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

Because cows are the biggest hypocrites in the gaming world.