Why are gamer's so insecure when Nintendo has a good year?

• 97 results
jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Are they out to get your children, or something?

In a stark contrast, When Xbox has a bad year they get a free-pass it seems.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

What are you talking about?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Let's just say no one doesn't like to pay top cash on a Nintendo console and don't want to shell-out to play just one single game.

Also, no one get's a free pass in the gaming industries, NOT even MS!

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

I know they're great but it also feels like the industry is biased towards them when the only games getting perfect 10's in 2017 came from them.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#5  Edited By Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2948 Posts

I'm not sure I really follow because Xbox is frequently bashed around here.

Posters are generally not candid about any merits it might have and act like the fact that it's still a thing is preposterous.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jaydan

The fact of the matter: When Nintendo does poorly, it brings blissful joy to gamer's.

When Nintendo does well: They're just getting a free pass with inflated reviews.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Because Nintendo only does rehashes

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

I think some can't accept a good game when its made on a system that does not push the best resolution and the fastest frames. A lot of people dont see the graphics on the Switch as "good enough."

I always get a chuckle when there is a screen comparison between a Switch and PS4 version of a game... and the Switch is missing a sparkle somewhere or a scratch on a piece of armor... and people write off the graphics as trash. I come from a time where you hit the attack button, and a blue diagnol line cuts across an enemy and that was fun to me.

Sometimes I am amazed by how far gaming has come. I am truly impressed by how games look across all platforms. Some dont see it the way I do though. There are those that wont accept a weaker system having excellent games.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Maybe limit you target more. Gamers is too broad a term.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jaydan

@valgaav_219 said:

I know they're great but it also feels like the industry is biased towards them when the only games getting perfect 10's in 2017 came from them.

Does Divinity: Original Sin 2 not count as an AAAA game?

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

*They hate us cause they anus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#13 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Most people are not; some are salty, but then again, there will always be some people who are salty at any company's success, not just Nintendo's

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@jaydan said:

You cant be serious

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Valgaav_219

@jaydan said:

The fact of the matter: When Nintendo does poorly, it brings blissful joy to gamer's.

When Nintendo does well: They're just getting a free pass with inflated reviews.

There's a difference between doing well and being the only one that even has a chance of getting a 10. I've seen gaming sites like IGN give Persona 5 a 9.7 for minimal complaints like an endgame difficulty spike and The Witcher 3 a 9.3 for side quests that act as story padding. If you're gonna give a game a 9.7 just give it 10 dude or have a solid complaint and take away a .5 or a whole point lol

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jaydan

@LJS9502_basic said:

Maybe limit you target more. Gamers is too broad a term.

If you read the title and it does not feel like it relates to you, then it's not targeted towards you.

If you read the title and you feel like it struck you directly - yeah - I'm talking to you.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#17 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2948 Posts

@jaydan said:

When Nintendo does poorly, it brings blissful joy to gamer's.

Haha nah dude... You have it all wrong.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@valgaav_219 said:
@jaydan said:

There's a difference between doing well and being the only one that even has a chance of getting a 10. I've seen gaming sites like IGN give Persona 5 a 9.7 for minimal complaints like an endgame difficulty spike and The Witcher 3 a 9.3 for side quests that act as story padding. If you're gonna give a game a 9.7 just give it 10 dude or have a solid complaint and take away a .5 or a whole point lol

Nintendo is the only one with a chance to get 10s? What about Naughty Dog? Kojima? Rockstar? Bethesda? CD Projekt RED? From Software?

Top tier developers usually get 10s for their games (assuming those games are actually good, which in Nintendo's case, they have been this year). Why single out Nintendo right now?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jaydan

@AzatiS said:
@jaydan said:

You cant be serious

I'm being semi-serious. A lot of people throw the "free-pass" term at Nintendo all the time, and while I don't agree with the term at all for any platform, it's funny to see how it's reactive when applied to the other platform.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jaydan

@charizard1605 said:
@valgaav_219 said:
@jaydan said:

Nintendo is the only one with a chance to get 10s? What about Naughty Dog? Kojima? Rockstar? Bethesda? CD Projekt RED? From Software?

Top tier developers usually get 10s for their games (assuming those games are actually good, which in Nintendo's case, they have been this year). Why single out Nintendo right now?

I think this is just proving the point, the amount of bias people are having. They see that only when Nintendo accomplishes an AAAA it's a problem, and the forgetfulness that AAAA games have come from many other devs too. Hell, the other guy in this thread just said "the only games getting perfect 10's in 2017 came from [Nintendo]" when I'm looking at Divinity: Original Sin 2 also getting a perfect 10/10...or wait, was that game Nintendo too??

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts

There was so little salt in the hype thread so now sheeps are looking for a fight lol

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ant_17

@ivangrozny said:

There was so little sault in the hype thread so now sheeps are looking for a fight lol

Maybe he can borrow some salt from the GT hype thread.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Valgaav_219

@charizard1605: I'm not singling them out but I've heard gamers like that have played BOTW say it's great but not 10/10.It's not the reinvention of the wheel like some made it out to be. I can't speak on Mario because it just came out but I've heard positives and negatives about it. People and gaming sites seem more ready to overlook those negatives, though. That's all I'm saying.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

people get salty when their console and exclusives are not #1

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#26 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41528 Posts

Simple, those kind of people, even when they make the claim that they're a "fan" of Nintendo, are actually lying and never cared at all, even to go as far as to make up some conspiracist BS on how their reviews are "paid" and "nostalgia blown". LIke they're some gaming version of Alex Jones... oh wait, some posters here think that of ME!

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jaydan

@Ant_17 said:
@ivangrozny said:

There was so little sault in the hype thread so now sheeps are looking for a fight lol

Every sheep is now Russell Crowe.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ant_17

@jaydan said:
@Ant_17 said:
@ivangrozny said:

Yeah, pretty much.

Fire Emblem Warriors scored a 6 here, but neither cows or lems care to make fun of that. We got our own sh*t to defend and make fun of.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jaydan

@Ant_17 said:
@jaydan said:
@Ant_17 said:
@ivangrozny said:

Yeah, pretty much.

Fire Emblem Warriors scored a 6 here, but neither cows or lems care to make fun of that. We got our own sh*t to defend and make fun of.

Lol that's funny, when a Nintendo game actually does score lower everyone keeps quiet about it. I guess when it boils down to it, gamer's would rather pick fights with the bigger games (Mario and Zelda) because that seduces their pride wagons more greatly than picking on a Fire Emblem game that wasn't really hyped at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@valgaav_219 said:

@charizard1605: I'm not singling them out but I've heard gamers like that have played BOTW say it's great but not 10/10.It's not the reinvention of the wheel like some made it out to be. I can't speak on Mario because it just came out but I've heard positives and negatives about it. People and gaming sites seem more ready to overlook those negatives, though. That's all I'm saying.

I've heard many gamers play TLOU and say it's not 10/10 or the epitome of video game storytelling that it's made out to be- does that negate its larger scores?

Right now, without even thinking about it, I can tear any praised and acclaimed game to shreds by listing out its flaws. The Last of Us, Dark Souls, Skyrim, Bioshock, Fallout 3, Metal Gear Solid (any of them), Persona 5, The Witcher 3- name the game, I'll rip it to shreds as long as I have played it. Because everything has flaws.

You will find detractors for everything. You will find criticism for everything. Nothing will appeal to every single person, ever.

But you want to know about BotW, and how it does reinvent the wheel? So, let's say you ignore the gamers. Let's say you ignore the media. Game developers can't and won't stop gushing about BotW, and its reinvention of open world game design. And it's not like small time game developers either, I'm talking Naughty Dog, Bethesda, Ubisoft, Irrational, EA, Square Enix, and even CD Projekt RED. That's because BotW is a reinvention of the open world concept, at least on its scale. Now, you can not like that reinvention, I know there are many people who don't (which brings us back to 'everything cannot appeal to everyone'). Claiming that it isn't an elevation of open world games is basically fallacious downplaying and demonstrably false, done probably either by fanboys who don't like an exclusive on an other system doing this well, or by people who personally didn't like the game as much (which, again, fine), and feel the need to speak louder against the otherwise overwhelming rapturous praise that it received.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ant_17

Damn, char is pissed in here.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Ant_17 said:
@ivangrozny said:

I know right, cows are soooooo salty right now :)

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jaydan

@kingtito said:
@Ant_17 said:
@ivangrozny said:

Why should cows be salty, though? They had a pretty stellar year, too. They just want everything for themselves I know it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#35 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69449 Posts

Nintendo's success is a cancer to the industry. It allows them to fill the market with the most junk hardware than any other gaming manufacturer. Their games are great and because of that their shit hardware continues to survive. The mini console bullshit coupled with their amibo content locking trash further adds to this problem.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Wha? Every platform here gets crapped on. Its system wars. In the real world, I don't think gamers care unless they have a switch, then they're excited about it.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jaydan

@Pedro said:

Nintendo's success is a cancer to the industry. It allows them to fill the market with the most junk hardware than any other gaming manufacturer. Their games are great and because of that their shit hardware continues to survive. The mini console bullshit coupled with their amibo content locking trash further adds to this problem.

Can a Nintendo system really be described as "shit hardware"? I mean, are they buggy? Do they consistently break down the way an Xbox 360 did? I mean, they're technologically weaker than the competition but from what I can tell you is they work and run just the way they were intended. To call them "shit hardware" just because they're not as strong as another is a load of hyperbole.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@MonsieurX: correction everyone does rehashes. The yearly sports games and Vod are a prime example if not even bigger rehashes

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jaydan

@metalboi said:
@jaydan said:
@Pedro said:

Can a Nintendo system really be described as "shit hardware"? I mean, are they buggy? Do they consistently break down the way an Xbox 360 did? I mean, they're technologically weaker than the competition but from what I can tell you is they work and run just the way they were intended. To call them "shit hardware" just because they're not as strong as another is a load of hyperbole.

It's also a stupid mentality to obsess with power. What good is having more power and when is a gaming system powerful enough?

The only "cancer" I see is what's coming from the gamers' themselves.

With so many AA-AAAA games to release this year, a good portion of them also happened to be 2D games and ones that completely go back to the retro style. Hmmmm, it makes me wonder how these games managed to be so amazing in 2017 without boasting power.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#41 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

I don't want anyone to fail or whatever, but I do like seeing people get what they deserve, good or bad; With Nintendo would be that they got lucky with the fad of motion controls with the Wii and tried to repeat it with Wii U with its tablet controller; and it was obvious from my point of view that that won't be the case, then I preached to exhaustion why I thought and still think it was a bad idea and why it was meant to fail; but its no ill intention towards Nintendo just to bad decisions; also I'm more vocal about Nintendo because even when I don't consider myself a fan of them anymore they were a crucial part of my childhood and the reason I love videogames and I do want them to succed.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Yay Mario got a 10/10. I can't wait to play it.

BotW should have been docked a point for poor performance though.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jaydan

@Celsius765 said:

@MonsieurX: correction everyone does rehashes. The yearly sports games and Vod are a prime example if not even bigger rehashes

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is just a shorter version of every other Uncharted game but with a different character you play as.

Persona 5? It's literally the same as every other Persona game but with prettier visuals.

I guess when we talk about Forza's and Gran Turismo's and which one is better, I think, these franchises are just doing what they've always been doing.

How many Assassin's Creed games have we had now that are pretty much the same as every other one and always a penchant for horrible cliffhanger endings?

^^^ These all range from great to amazing games yet...they follow the same blueprints they've always followed.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

@jaydan said:
@Pedro said:

You are factually paying more for grotesquely inferior hardware couple with bullshit gimmicks. Folks were unforgiving with MS and its bullshit Kinect but they willing deep throat Nintendo's equally bullshit motion control gimmicks.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@jaydan said:
@kingtito said:
@Ant_17 said:
@ivangrozny said:

Why should cows be salty, though? They had a pretty stellar year, too. They just want everything for themselves I know it.

Did I really need to highlight and bold that part of my post for you?

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jaydan

@Pedro said:
@jaydan said:
@Pedro said:

You are factually paying more for grotesquely inferior hardware couple with bullshit gimmicks. Folks were unforgiving with MS and its bullshit Kinect but they willing deep throat Nintendo's equally bullshit motion control gimmicks.

Notice your bias and the amount of hyperbole. Let's go back to earlier:

Nintendo is shit hardware.

So

is

We are all factually paying grotesque amounts of money for things that are completely unnecessary for humans living.

One pointless piece of expensive junk does not outpace another. It's all pointless at the end of the day.

So instead of condescending your biases onto the preferences of others as you always do, often equipped with your same collection of GIF's you post in attempt to shut arguments, maybe you're better off indulging in that pointless hardware of your preference.

People were certainly not deepthroating the Wii remote other than maybe a couple porno videos. In fact, the Wii's motion controls were rightfully criticized to hell as a lazy "waggle" thing that inspired an era of shovelware. Kinect sucked because it sucked and not a single game came out on it that justified why Kinect was worthwhile in the first place. There was at least a few Wii games that got praised for having good motion controls.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jaydan

@kingtito said:
@jaydan said:
@kingtito said:
@Ant_17 said:
@ivangrozny said:

Did I really need to highlight and bold that part of my post for you?

Oh shit, I didn't realize how happy you are that they are salty.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

"Making movies, singing songs.... and fightin 'round the world!!"

Excellent gif @jaydan

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pedro

@jaydan said:

Notice your bias and the amount of hyperbole. Let's go back to earlier:

Nintendo is shit hardware.

So

is

We are all factually paying grotesque amounts of money for things that are completely unnecessary for humans living.

One pointless piece of expensive junk does not outpace another. It's all pointless at the end of the day.

So instead of condescending your biases onto the preferences of others as you always do, often equipped with your same collection of GIF's you post in attempt to shut arguments, maybe you're better off indulging in that pointless hardware of your preference.

People were certainly not deepthroating the Wii remote other than maybe a couple porno videos. In fact, the Wii's motion controls were rightfully criticized to hell as a lazy "waggle" thing that inspired an era of shovelware. Kinect sucked because it sucked and not a single game came out on it that justified why Kinect was worthwhile in the first place. There was at least a few Wii games that got praised for having good motion controls.

Don't matter how much you try you cannot get around the fact that the hardware Nintendo has released has been inferior to its competitors for decades. Your argument is so weak that you resorted to arguing that everything is pointless but in the same breath tried to defend Nintendo's overpriced inferior hardware. LOL. Cute. Couple that by trying to argue that motion controls was a meaningful addition while the Kinect wasn't and I am the one that is biased. Ah!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@jaydan: MS gets a free pass? Wtf are you talking about?! No company cops as much criticism as MS ffs.