Why all the hype for Mega Man 9?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
I was hyped for this game when I heard that there was a new mega man game coming out but then when I saw pics of the game it turns out this is a game with nes graphics and then I about **** my pants and thats when all hype and thought of even wanting the game went out the window. I thought the game would have graphics from the snes days and if the game did then I would like to get my hands on it but I don't do mega man from the nes days......sorry. Gotta keep mega man at least snes thats when he was in his prime.
fishfake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 fishfake
Member since 2007 • 1135 Posts
maybe its a test and the platform were it sells the most get a new version of mega man ;)
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Because if its successful, Capcom can stop putting effort into games and just make money off 8-bit titles.
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 odin2019
The game should be in snes graphics. If it was made for like snes I would be completely happy with it but I pissed off after finding out about this because now I have no reason to want to touch the game because I know I will only walk away with disappointment because I don't do mega man from the nes days. Gotta keep snes. Also, I truely believe that the Capcom board or who ever decided to make mega man 9 with nes graphics really screwed up because kids in general will not want an nes game....I feel as though someone from Capcom wanted to make an nes mega man just to please themselves as an older adult to have a new 8bit game of mega man to play because most kids are not gonna want this because of the graphics its a major turn off where as if it was snes graphics then most kids aint gonna be *******. If it was snes then the kids would want the game and would not really be talking about graphics so much because I can play mega man X, 2X, and 3X without complaining about the graphics.
effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 effthat
Member since 2007 • 2314 Posts

I was hyped for this game when I heard that there was a new mega man game coming out but then when I saw pics of the game it turns out this is a game with nes graphics and then I about **** my pants and thats when all hype and thought of even wanting the game went out the window. I thought the game would have graphics from the snes days and if the game did then I would like to get my hands on it but I don't do mega man from the nes days......sorry. Gotta keep mega man at least snes thats when he was in his prime.odin2019

I believe that this was when X was in his prime.

The true mega man line is nes. More importantly, the games were great! There should be no complaints and any real gamer should be willing to roll out the red carpet for a legend.

Xelacht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xelacht
Member since 2008 • 54 Posts

Because it's a Megaman game without some retarded arrangement of letters after it that serve no purpose and have nothing to do with the plot of the game.

effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 effthat

The game should be in snes graphics. If it was made for like snes I would be completely happy with it but I pissed off after finding out about this because now I have no reason to want to touch the game because I know I will only walk away with disappointment because I don't do mega man from the nes days. Gotta keep snes. Also, I truely believe that the Capcom board or who ever decided to make mega man 9 with nes graphics really screwed up because kids in general will not want an nes game....I feel as though someone from Capcom wanted to make an nes mega man just to please themselves as an older adult to have a new 8bit game of mega man to please because most kids are not gonna want this because of the graphics its a major turn off where as if it was snes graphics then most kids aint gonna be *******. If it was snes then the kids would want the game and would really be talking about graphics so much because I can play mega man X, 2X, and 3X without complaining about the graphics. odin2019

Graphics was never what Mega Man did! It's all about playability and controls and being challenging!

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 odin2019

Because it's a Megaman game without some retarded arrangement of letters after it that serve no purpose and have nothing to do with the plot of the game.

Xelacht

There was a mega man 7 on snes and I'm more than happy with that game so.....

I just don't like mega man from the nes days nothing is going to change that. I have tried mega man from the nes days and then I play the snes game and the snes games blow it to hell.

Speaking of that I tried playing final fantasy on the nes and I didn't like it much either but there are tons of great rpgs that I like playing on the snes. The games on the snes are way more advanced and have much more fan support than the nes will ever have.

Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#9 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
Funny because I wasn't hyped for this game until I saw the graphics.
effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 effthat

Xelacht

It's only got one number after it. A 9. Even if they do Roman Numerals, that's two letters; IX.

These denote that this is the 9th installment in the original megaman series. It has a lot to do with the plot (at least as much as megaman has a plot).

POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
I wish it had updated graphics as much as the other guy, but I will play the hell out of this game, and love it!! The only thing that would make this better is if it will work with Remote Play
Xelacht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xelacht
Member since 2008 • 54 Posts
[QUOTE="Xelacht"]

effthat

It's only got one number after it. A 9. Even if they do Roman Numerals, that's two letters; IX.

These denote that this is the 9th installment in the original megaman series. It has a lot to do with the plot (at least as much as megaman has a plot).

Exactly. There's no X, no XZ, no ZX, no QY, just a nice little number to remind us where it falls in the series.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 odin2019

The only people that will be interested in mega man 9 are older adults who played the game as kids on the nes. As a kid I played the snes and genesis. Therefore when I did get around to mega man on the nes days....I didn't like it just because of the graphics. I would be willing to bet that kids of today would play snes games and not complain much about the graphics but if you showed them an nes game they most likely are not gonna want to play it for more than 5 min. With an snes game they will play it for over an hour at least thats the way I am.

The only people that will really be happy with mega man 9 are older adults who had childhood exp with nes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Nostalgia

/Thread

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

I was hyped for this game when I heard that there was a new mega man game coming out but then when I saw pics of the game it turns out this is a game with nes graphics and then I about **** my pants and thats when all hype and thought of even wanting the game went out the window. I thought the game would have graphics from the snes days and if the game did then I would like to get my hands on it but I don't do mega man from the nes days......sorry. Gotta keep mega man at least snes thats when he was in his prime.odin2019

Without any intention of being offensive or anything: did you play Mega Man in the NES days? I mean, I grew up with it, and the games on the NES were by far the best of the series (especially 1-3, IMO). The ones released on the SNES / PS1 really were nothing, except the one with 'treble and bass'. That one was great.

But seriously, I always wished that there had been more of the 8 bit titles. They were awesome. I can't believe they really went back to that s-tyle with Mega Man 9. It's a small gamer's dream come ture for me. :)

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 110million

Nostalgia

/Thread

Aljosa23

Yeah, it definatly reminds me of Megaman 7 and 8.

effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 effthat
[QUOTE="Xelacht"]

odin2019

There was a mega man 7 on snes and I'm more than happy with that game so.....

I just don't like mega man from the nes days nothing is going to change that. I have tried mega man from the nes days and then I play the snes game and the snes games blow it to hell.

There was one mega man on snes. It was generally poorly recieved and did more to over complicate the series than anything else.

It's fine if you can't handle 8-bit graphics. It still is a bit disheartening to me that this is the kind of reaction that somme people have. If all the Wii does is stop the misguided opinion that looks matter most in gaming, then I'll be happy.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
Keiji Inafune wanted to make an 8-bit game for awhile and when Nintendo announced Wiiware he felt he could realize his dream. Because he he thinks about making 8-bit games he thinks about all the found memories he has from making games for when he just started making games, also when he sees Megaman in 8-bit it makes him remember those times since his first success was with the Blue Bomber. That was from Nintendo Power interview with him it might not be that exact but that is basically what he said.
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 odin2019

[QUOTE="odin2019"]I was hyped for this game when I heard that there was a new mega man game coming out but then when I saw pics of the game it turns out this is a game with nes graphics and then I about **** my pants and thats when all hype and thought of even wanting the game went out the window. I thought the game would have graphics from the snes days and if the game did then I would like to get my hands on it but I don't do mega man from the nes days......sorry. Gotta keep mega man at least snes thats when he was in his prime.Nightflash28

Without any intention of being offensive or anything: did you play Mega Man in the NES days? I mean, I grew up with it, and the games on the NES were by far the best of the series (especially 1-3, IMO). The ones released on the SNES / PS1 really were nothing, except the one with 'treble and bass'. That one was great.

But seriously, I always wished that there had been more of the 8 bit titles. They were awesome. I can't believe they really went back to that s-tyle with Mega Man 9. It's a small gamer's dream come ture for me. :)

yes, I already mentioned that I tried playing some nes games like mega man and final fantasy and I didn't like either of them yet I play the games released on the snes and I'm completely happy. The only games I can really play on an nes and be happy with are like Mario brothers 3 and kung fu and even then I don't really want to play those games very long.

jojo198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 jojo198
Member since 2005 • 1924 Posts
i don't mind paying the game for 10 bucks or less, it looks like a good little game, graphic doesn't bother me.
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 odin2019
So let me get this straight mega man 9 with 8bit graphics has awsome story but if mega man 9 was made with snes graphics the story would blow?
effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 effthat

So let me get this straight mega man 9 with 8bit graphics has awsome story but if mega man 9 was made with snes graphics the story would blow?odin2019

Not at all! Mega Man isn't known for it's epic story line. It's known for it's great game mechanics and level design. It's generally a fun and challenging title.

I'm not saying that the game wouldn't be just as wonderful if it was done with 16-bit visuals. I'm saying that it's a shame that a self proclaimed gamer is going to discount the creator of one of the most recognizable characters in video games because he's using the original 8-bit visuals.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 odin2019

[QUOTE="odin2019"]So let me get this straight mega man 9 with 8bit graphics has awsome story but if mega man 9 was made with snes graphics the story would blow?effthat

Not at all! Mega Man isn't known for it's epic story line. It's known for it's great game mechanics and level design. It's generally a fun and challenging title.

I'm not saying that the game wouldn't be just as wonderful if it was done with 16-bit visuals. I'm saying that it's a shame that a self proclaimed gamer is going to discount the creator of one of the most recognizable characters in video games because he's using the original 8-bit visuals.

yeah it is too bad but I just don't like Mega man from the stone age

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

Mega Man peaked in 1989 or 1990, depending on whether you liked 2 or 3 better. The best Mega Man games came from that era, with possibly an exception made for Mega Man X... so why not go the nostalgia route?

Seriously, which Mega Man is more recognizable? This?

Or this?

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 110million

Mega Man peaked in 1989 or 1990, depending on whether you liked 2 or 3 better. The best Mega Man games came from that era, with possibly an exception made for Mega Man X... so why not go the nostalgia route?

Seriously, which Mega Man is more recognizable? This?

Or this?

TDLlama

Both. Why is one of them not megaman or something? Do I lose? :(

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
Because if its successful, Capcom can stop putting effort into games and just make money off 8-bit titles. 110million
You do know that Capcom is putting alot of Effort into this game they had to redo everything, also Inafune san wanted to go back to this Megaman because it was the one he actually worked on.
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
maybe its a test and the platform were it sells the most get a new version of mega man ;)fishfake
I'll download 1000 copies then :)
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 110million

[QUOTE="110million"]Because if its successful, Capcom can stop putting effort into games and just make money off 8-bit titles. Nintendo_Ownes7
You do know that Capcom is putting alot of Effort into this game they had to redo everything, also Inafune san wanted to go back to this Megaman because it was the one he actually worked on.

Great, I'm sure this 8-bit title pushes Capcom to their artistic, musical and programming limits, I'm sure every one in the company speant hundreds of sleepless nights to put together a game like this, how could I have been so wrong, please forgive me for my ignorance.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 odin2019

[QUOTE="110million"]Because if its successful, Capcom can stop putting effort into games and just make money off 8-bit titles. Nintendo_Ownes7

I don't think its gonna sell that well. I think its a wasted effort when all you gotta is up the graphics a little and the game will sell at least twice as well.

I want to play as zero as well and I don't how to get ahold of the game unless I go to download a rom which I don't really want to go out of my way for saturn emulator for just one game series.

Also, it might be cool if they added another playable character besides zero but even if they didn't it would still be cool as long zero is playable.

Vyyral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Vyyral
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts

I think it's a brilliant idea and those of use who played the originals are in for a huge nostalgia trip. I hope it's really successful and other companies follow suit.

Imagine a new Mario game on the Mario 3 / Mario World engine, or a new Final Fantasy in the Final Fantasy VI engine! OMG it gets me to excited just thinking about it!

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 110million

I think it's a brilliant idea and those of use who played the originals are in for a huge nostalgia trip. I hope it's really successful and other companies follow suit.

Imagine a new Mario game on the Mario 3 / Mario World engine, or a new Final Fantasy in the Final Fantasy VI engine! OMG it gets me to excited just thinking about it!

Vyyral

Appealing to nostalgia only leads to temporary satisfaction, people have all these fond memories of old games, but most of them don't age well, and aren't nearly as fun now. A tactic like that would lead to a company looking like it was only in it for the money (which is exactly what Megaman 9 looks like).

AgileNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AgileNate
Member since 2003 • 2999 Posts

Because if its successful, Capcom can stop putting effort into games and just make money off 8-bit titles. 110million

I see it already...

This one wont hurt the Mega Man franchise but Capcom really needs to start the series over with this gen. of consoles. If Mario can adapt so can a character like Mega Man. I actually liked the Mega Man Legends series for its time.

Avatar image for Stancel_Spencer
Stancel_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 Stancel_Spencer
Member since 2008 • 129 Posts

I agree...it's stupid how they have 2D games on the DS when games like Transformers: Autobots, Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario 64 DS all manage to pull off 3D. Mega Man 9 looks like a Game Boy Color game and so does Chrono Trigger. LAZY BASTARDS :-/

if GTA Chinatown Wars is in 2D or top down I will be PISSED.

Vyyral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Vyyral
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts
[QUOTE="Vyyral"]

110million

Appealing to nostalgia only leads to temporary satisfaction, people have all these fond memories of old games, but most of them don't age well, and aren't nearly as fun now. A tactic like that would lead to a company looking like it was only in it for the money (which is exactly what Megaman 9 looks like).

I think the one era of games that is truely timeless are 2d sidescrollers. I just beat Mega Man X and X2 and they are still a blast.

Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
[QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="Vyyral"]

Vyyral

I think the one era of games that is truely timeless are 2d sidescrollers. I just beat Mega Man X and X2 and they are still a blast.

X3 is good to, but after than things start to go downhill with X4.