Why all of the hate....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

I cant seem to come to grips as to why there is all the animosity between the BF3 and MW3 camps. I mean cant both games be enjoyed? Why is there this war as to which game is better or more realistic. Doesnt it really come down to things like play style, the game your friends are getting and things like that? Personally, I plan on owning both and enjoying both.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Getting both too. They're not even remotely the same games.
kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

People should just play whatever they enjoy. All the bickering is pointless. If you like MW, get MW3; if you like Battlefield, get Battlefield 3; if you like both, get both.

Basically, I agree with you.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

If you like COD you're evil and want the industry to die

If you like BF you're a snob

If you like both you're indecisive

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
Getting both, but I wont pretend that I dont Have a biased. CoD's gameplay has been great, BUT ITS GETTING INCREDIBLE OLD. hell I play Team fortress 2 the most at the moment because its the most unique and depth shooter this generation as far as im concerned. (regarding class and weapon vareity, and fun fleshed out game modes.).
Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

Getting both too. They're not even remotely the same games.LustForSoul

okay well i'm with you guys in that I fully believe in both games and will be enjoying them equally. But I can't agree with you on this statement. The two games are incredibley similar. They're both first realistic first person online military shooters. Sure one will be better than the other but that doesn't mean they aren't very very similar.

NOTE: it is important to note the difference between the word "similar" and the word "identical". That is all.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

Im getting both most likely as the now i've got a nice tidy stash of £100 away for the holidays for everything in general and prolly have like £400 by the times rolls round(games,present budget,christmas nights out etc).

Altho Skyrim seems the more likely bet for me when they both launch.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

They're the two most popular shooters out there, the clash between fanboys was bound to happen.
I have nothing against COD but I'm gonna wait this one out and see what the opinions are after a few months. I predict it practically won't have changed from BO so yea....

IF it has a riot shield, It will be an instant buy for me though.
Freaking loved that thing in MW2.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

The Battlefield 3 vs. Modern Warfare 3 debate is tame compared to the League of Legends vs. Heroes of Newerth debate. Wander into a thread with the debate going on to see what I mean.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

[QUOTE="LustForSoul"]Getting both too. They're not even remotely the same games.Darth-Samus

okay well i'm with you guys in that I fully believe in both games and will be enjoying them equally. But I can't agree with you on this statement. The two games are incredibley similar. They're both first realistic first person online military shooters. Sure one will be better than the other but that doesn't mean they aren't very very similar.

NOTE: it is important to note the difference between the word "similar" and the word "identical". That is all.

I'm just saying. Besides the word FPS there's nothing the same.

COD is fast paced, small maps, no vehicles, close corner combat, kill streaks.

BF is slower paced than COD, big maps, vehicles, battlefield like battles and no kill streaks.

Homefront and COD could be compared but BF is just another dimension if you ask me.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

I don't know but to me they look about as different as PS3 and Xbox 360 graphics so its all pretty petty, I prefer a strong single player really and both CoD and BF have equally crap campaigns.

yellerbelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yellerbelly
Member since 2008 • 1008 Posts
I'm in the camp that will be getting both. I don't see the need for all the arguments. They're both FPS games set in the modern theatre, but the styles and gameplay are completely different. There's room for them both in the world. I love both series of games. I may even REALLY mix it up and get one on PS3 and one on Xbox!
Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

tomarlyn
What if you get neither?
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Eh, Im only getting BF3, but never had any REAL problem with the MW series, I have had alot of problems with Activision, but not the game itself, and I have had ALOT of peoplems with some of the MW fanboys (who aperrently think MW3 is the first fps game ever).

But the average fan of MW and the game itself? I have no problem whatsoever with either. I can se that the MW series is a good series, it is not in my taste, but that does not mean its less impressive. Considering that I am a bit Iffy of BF3 allready, I would say that I am fairly neutral.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

Getting both too. They're not even remotely the same games.LustForSoul

really? seem pretty close to the same to me from what ive played of the past titles...Even my wife sees me playing new games and she says.."looks like the same games over and over"..I have to take her word for it..:)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44289 Posts

Likely skipping both unless somehow, some way the 360 version of BF3 isn't too far off from it's PC counterpart. :shock: :P

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

It's all part of EA's propaganda machine tbh (which is ironically fueling Activision's aswell).

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]

Loegi
What if you get neither?

thats what i was wondering :P
peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 peterw007
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]

Loegi

What if you get neither?

Then you're a pretentious hipster who won't like good games just because they're popular.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21708 Posts

EA started this war. I don't recall people fighting over COD or BF until EA tried to make it seem the games were up against each other.

punchacku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 punchacku
Member since 2003 • 278 Posts

Personally i think that both games have verydifferent goals....cod is and always will be a arcade style shooter say what you will but it's not realistic...while battlefield is very realistic....slow paced lots of destruction...the guns are more difficult to use and it has realistic vehicles.....i just think the cod fan boys are a little delusional thinking that realism is cods goal....when it's not...fast pace fun lots of gun fights.....choas...thats cods goal...i just wish it was more team based but that would change everything. The cheating is what kills cod...ppl will do anything for a better score. Controller mods like rapid fire and the drop shot button are cheating...and blant wimpy cheating at that...lag switches and hacking is also wimpy....what kind of person cheats on a game that really doesn't matter???? the kind of person who has no real accomplishments in their "real life" i would assume.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

[QUOTE="Loegi"][QUOTE="tomarlyn"]

peterw007

What if you get neither?

Then you're a pretentious hipster who won't like good games just because they're popular.

What if you like neither but also consider the super popular GTA series to be the greatest franchise of the decade?