Who's playing the COD Vanguard open beta?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45094 Posts

Played a few matches of domination and I loved it. The frantic run and gun zaniness reminds me of Allied Assault. I think I'm sold on the game! What about you, SW? Have you played the COD Vanguard open beta and what are your impressions?

Avatar image for deactivated-61654c912328d
deactivated-61654c912328d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-61654c912328d
Member since 2021 • 66 Posts

I think you're the only person I've come across so far who actually enjoys the game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

Where's my Battlefield 2042 open beta?

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

It's a worse looking 2017 ww11 clone

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38813 Posts

Is this some kind of a sick joke? TC is losing his mind.

Loading Video...
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24914 Posts

I dont. its a movie game.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#7 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

No interest whatsoever. Typical COD trash with super speed movement and animations. I hate the feel of COD.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:

Much worse than a movie game or even a movie.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Its same as last of us 2. 90% of time you are literally doing nothing.

Loading Video...

This is the real badass game. pure gamey game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Its same as last of us 2. 90% of time you are literally doing nothing.

Loading Video...

This is the real badass game. pure gamey game.

TLOU2 has much much much better animations, which means its nowhere near your CoD.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

It's typical CoD garbage. Dogs running around, random explosions from killstreaks, OP guns and lots of campers. Also, what's up with the sound? All the guns sound like cap guns that were recorded from another room; everything sounds horrible.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

lol

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ghosts4ever
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

It's typical CoD garbage. Dogs running around, random explosions from killstreaks, OP guns and lots of campers. Also, what's up with the sound? All the guns sound like cap guns that were recorded from another room; everything sounds horrible.

same as all MP games. Battlefield is not any different. except it Haz Vehiclez!!!

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

same as all MP games. Battlefield is not any different. except it Haz Vehiclez!!!

BF doesn't have killstreaks or dogs. Nor does it really have OP guns; guns are pretty well balanced. Campers yes, but if you didn't just die as soon as you spawn in like you do, you'd know that campers were easier to avoid in BF. 😉

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46231 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

BF doesn't have killstreaks or dogs. Nor does it really have OP guns; guns are pretty well balanced. Campers yes, but if you didn't just die as soon as you spawn in like you do, you'd know that campers were easier to avoid in BF. 😉

Even with the squad call-ins for Battlefield V... They still reward teamplay.

I really like that in Battlefield: it's not about your KD, it's not about you capping points... It's about rewarding teamplay.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

I don't get it. You love it, because of the run and gunning. This is new to CoD? Hasn't it been run and gun for the last 20 games or so?

I wouldn't even think about trying this shit.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

lag was my mine issue. other wise. everhting else was normal.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By Mozelleple112  Online
Member since 2011 • 11258 Posts

Not really that hyped for it, but it seems COD developers are the only developers capable of developing multiplayer FPS that have tight and responsive controls and not clunky and jarring like Battlefield or Apex.

So it will probably me my annual MP FPS game. unless Dice step up their game (no pun) and make BF2042 actually play well.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SolidGame_basic

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the killstreaks. They're pretty lame. Other than that, like the game!

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidGame_basic
@Litchie said:

I don't get it. You love it, because of the run and gunning. This is new to CoD? Hasn't it been run and gun for the last 20 games or so?

That's the difference between you and me. I actually try out games 😎

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46231 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the killstreaks. They're pretty lame. Other than that, like the game!

What are your thoughts on Blitz mode?

I think putting so many players into a small map doesn't always give the best moment-to-moment gameplay :p

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

It's aight. I'm not a big fan of the run and gun COD games. I want my deaths to mean something.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen

@lhughey said:

It's aight. I'm not a big fan of the run and gun COD games. I want my deaths to mean something.

The franchise is made for dudebros on gfuel with an attention span of a gold fish. You will never have it the way you want it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen
@SolidGame_basic said:
@Litchie said:

That's the difference between you and me. I actually try out games 😎

lol you buy everything that comes out. I don't think i ever saw you not being interested in an upcoming game😊

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 910 Posts

I'm still good with World at War and Black Ops 1 from 2008 and 2010 :P

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lhughey

@hardwenzen said:
@lhughey said:

The franchise is made for dudebros on gfuel with an attention span of a gold fish. You will never have it the way you want it.

You're right. But the Modern Warfare game of 2 years felt much better than Black Ops or this game.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8852 Posts

I have not played it. But, I am sitting here giggling at all the COD hate.

So much hate for a franchise that sells what, 15-20 million copies a year? You'd think it was a flop or something judging by these comments. There's a reason why Sony spent a boat load to get the maps released early on Playstation...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hardwenzen

@lhughey said:
@hardwenzen said:
@lhughey said:

You're right. But the Modern Warfare game of 2 years felt much better than Black Ops or this game.

It did felt like an attempt of improving the franchise. But that was the first time in how many years? Don't think we've seen that since BLOPS1

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

The game is great but definitely needs some balancing. I played since the minute the alpha went live and the alpha (in my opinion) was terrible. I was worried about the beta but also didn't like Camping Hill.. oh sorry, I meant to say Champion Hill.

From the alpha the things that were broken were auto lock on with standard aim assist, seeing people through walls, the ability to shoot through multiple objects with no damage loss, a slow terrible slide, and broken sound.

They have addressed all of those things except for the sound, but they say it will be fixed before the game launches.

In the beta the gameplay itself is solid and very reminiscent of Modern Warfare 2019, which happens to be my favorite CoD game ever made. People will say they hate it because they are bad and can't adapt their playstyle... what's new? I'm a balls to wall rusher and I've enjoyed making people rage so far and I don't use the typical meta weapons everyone else uses in any new shooting game. I actually have all but 2-3 guns completely capped. I personally prefer multi-route maps over traditional camping ass 3 lane generic design.

People say their is more camping in MW2019 and Vanguard, but they are full of it. The camping is as bad as ever, but rushers have the upper hand when there are 10 different ways to get to you, and they hate that.. lol.

At this point the balancing and sound are the two biggest things that need to be worked on now that they fixed the matchmaking for the most part.

Guns like the auto pistol, Thompson, Volk, MG42, BAR, and possibly the sniper rifles (most notably the Kar98) will likely get a nerf of some sort heading into the full game release along with streaks like the Deathmachine and Flamenaut, and guns like the Itra, shotguns, Bren, Sten, and M1 Garand will likely get a buff along with the kill streak Attack Dogs.

The weapons that are already pretty well balanced include the STG44, MP40 (which people regard as two of the best weapons in the game but I personally prefer the Volk and Thompson/Sten over), NZ-41, DP27, 1911, and Ratt.

I've played the hell out of the beta and I'm really enjoying it. There are FINALLY some new shooters coming to the market along with several other games I want to play. Although things aren't looking great for Battlefield 2042 at the time being we also have Insurgency Sandstorm and 6 Days in Fallujah on the way.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WitIsWisdom
@hardwenzen said:
@lhughey said:

All you have to do is play one life game modes or ranked league. Problem solved.

Those are pratically about the only modes I play once I have everything unlocked.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

Another WW2 cod didn't they just do that feels like a throwaway cod compared to bf2042

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 WitIsWisdom
@templecow90999 said:

World at War is currently my 2nd favorite CoD game ever made behind MW2019. However I'm not including Vanguard on the list yet because it hasn't fully released. Did you know that Vanguard is bringing back WaW maps like Dome and Castle.

The game feels as though WaW and MW19 had a baby. It's a good game. I hated the last WW2 CoD game by the way.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 WitIsWisdom
@R4gn4r0k said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

What are your thoughts on Blitz mode?

I think putting so many players into a small map doesn't always give the best moment-to-moment gameplay :p

I much prefer the 6v6. Even on the PS5 the larger more chaotic amount of players make the game lag pretty bad, not to mention the spawns are terrible right now on anything above that. On 14v14 you can spawn and die like 5-7 times in a row without taking as much as two steps.

We have only seen 4 of the 16 6v6 maps available at launch although we know a couple/few will be remade maps that is still the most content ever for the release of a CoD game. Also 40 weapons have leaked with only 22 being available in the beta.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WitIsWisdom
@lhughey said:
@hardwenzen said:
@lhughey said:

Have you played the beta or just the alpha?

Try the beta on 6v6 (go into quick play and select your own playlist) on Patrol, Search and Destroy, TDM, or Domination. Kill Confirmed in this game is an absolute camp fest.. well, then again it always is.. lol.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

No interest in this game at all.

@SolidGame_basic said:

Played a few matches of domination and I loved it. The frantic run and gun zaniness reminds me of Allied Assault. I think I'm sold on the game! What about you, SW? Have you played the COD Vanguard open beta and what are your impressions?

Sounds terrible. I don't want my games to be "frantic run and gun zaniness", sounds like some arcade nonsense.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Good god what garbage. Campers delight, no announcer callouts for enemy killstreaks, and I can't see what I'm shooting with the ridiculous muzzle flash.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lhughey

@WitIsWisdom said:
@hardwenzen said:
@lhughey said:

All you have to do is play one life game modes or ranked league. Problem solved.

Those are pratically about the only modes I play once I have everything unlocked.

Thanks for the rec! I'll do that.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lhughey

@WitIsWisdom said:
@lhughey said:
@hardwenzen said:
@lhughey said:

Have you played the beta or just the alpha?

Try the beta on 6v6 (go into quick play and select your own playlist) on Patrol, Search and Destroy, TDM, or Domination. Kill Confirmed in this game is an absolute camp fest.. well, then again it always is.. lol.

I've been playing the beta the last couple of days. I've not played patrol yet. And you're right, Kill confirmed is a camp fest!

templecow90999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 templecow90999
Member since 2021 • 910 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:
@templecow90999 said:

World at War is currently my 2nd favorite CoD game ever made behind MW2019. However I'm not including Vanguard on the list yet because it hasn't fully released. Did you know that Vanguard is bringing back WaW maps like Dome and Castle.

The game feels as though WaW and MW19 had a baby. It's a good game. I hated the last WW2 CoD game by the way.

That's cool! But I'm still good with the old ones, I won't be spending my money on the new ones.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WitIsWisdom

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Good god what garbage. Campers delight, no announcer callouts for enemy killstreaks, and I can't see what I'm shooting with the ridiculous muzzle flash.

They all but eliminated muzzle flash (for now) until the end of the beta. Campers are in every shooting game, and yes they need to have call outs for enemy killstreaks.. I mean that damn announcer calls out everything else, and I do mean EVERYTHING else.. lol. It's kind of funny he is screaming the entire time all game long except for killstreaks and the game has bugs that makes the audio inaudible, so all you hear is him screaming about the enemy all game long.. lol.