Who's HYPED up for Silent Hill 5!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts

Not me.

It isn't original developer Team Silent making the game this time around. Instead it's being created by Team Collective(american), responsible for Marc Ecko, Buffy(WTF?), and an upcoming Dirty Harry game to name a few. Which leaves us pondering exactly what Team Silent is up to at the moment.

RE5 will own this to hell and back.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/803/803856p1.html

MoneyGa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MoneyGa
Member since 2006 • 337 Posts

Yep 360 gets both games =]

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Ouch. You destroy all the joy in everything. :cry:
Banhammer3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Banhammer3000
Member since 2007 • 398 Posts

Silent hill=/=Resident evil.Everyone knows that.Re is not scary anymore.Re:4 was almost a shooter,it was awesome but it didnt scare me at all.

Silent hill and Re compete in different levels.

Also IMO Silent Hill>Resident evil.

chrisoff_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chrisoff_1
Member since 2003 • 4138 Posts
before e3 i was thinking it was gonna blow everyone away like it did last gen, but after the announcement that the team silent guys arent doing it ive given up ALL hope of it being even remotely good or silent hill esc, goodbye to one of my favorite and one of the most grownup/intelligent game series of all time, not having a silent hill 2(best in the series) like experience on a next gen console is damning blow for me just thinking of how good the graphics would have been makes me cry, these guys were the polyphony digital of horror games
kage_53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 kage_53
Member since 2006 • 12671 Posts

Silent Hill 1-3 were ownage

4 sucked

RE isn't a survival horror anymore. Its a shooter.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Comparing Silent Hill to Resident Evil is like comparing DaVinci to Dali. Two entirely different styles with almost nothing in common. Resident Evil is a b-movie horror game, while Silent Hill is a psychological thriller. Entirely different. I myself am hyped for Silent Hill, because its one of the few games that has provided an indepth, cohesive storyline that can be left to interpretation. Resident Evil is like you average Ramero movie. OMG TEH ZOMBIES IN TEH TOILET! Color me unimpressed. Besides, the new screenshot looks nice.
RacoonusDoodus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 RacoonusDoodus
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

SH>>>>>>RE

but i'm just happy that there IS a SH5, i hope it's good, and yeah WTF is team silent doing?

Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Riviera_Phantom

Silent hill=/=Resident evil.Everyone knows that.Re is not scary anymore.Re:4 was almost a shooter,it was awesome but it didnt scare me at all.

Banhammer3000

Stop all this crap about RE not being Survival Horror, it STILL is, play RE4 on PRO and you will understand why it is, it's just more action orientated to give the series less of a "boring as **** feel" . The only parts that were over the top was in Chp.5 with all those soldiers, but the regenerator bits on the same level were scary as hell. I agree it was less horror than the other games but most of the game was incredibly atmospheric and "edge of your seat" thrills, i'm pretty sure RE5 will have a more silent horror feel. Capcom know what they are doing they are the masters of the genre, they just wanted to see how people reacted to RE4 new change of style.

RE4 wasn't scary? Whatever. The whole feeling of not knowing who the **** is behind you was scary when playing RE4 for the first time.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
[QUOTE="Riviera_Phantom"] Stop all this crap about RE not being Survival Horror, it STILL is, play RE4 on PRO and you will understand why it is, it's just more action orientated to give the series less of a "boring as **** feel" . The only parts that were over the top was in Chp.5 with all those soldiers, but the regenerator bits on the same level were scary as hell. I agree it was less horror than the other games but most of the game was incredibly atmospheric and "edge of your seat" thrills, i'm pretty sure RE5 will have a more silent horror feel. Capcom know what they are doing they are the masters of the genre, they just wanted to see how people reacted to RE4 new change of style.RE4 wasn't scary? Whatever. The whole feeling of not knowing who the **** is behind you was scary when playing RE4 for the first time.

Its not crap, its the truth. Resident Evil is a B-movie horror style game while Silent Hill is psychological thriller. thats how its always been, thats how it always will be. They are entirely different sub-cultures of horror.
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts

MoneyGa

Yeah... and so does PS3. And being multiplatform is going to degrade both games, so no one really wins.

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts
[QUOTE="Banhammer3000"]

Riviera_Phantom

Stop all this crap about RE not being Survival Horror, it STILL is, play RE4 on PRO and you will understand why it is, it's just more action orientated to give the series less of a "boring as **** feel" . The only parts that were over the top was in Chp.5 with all those soldiers, but the regenerator bits on the same level were scary as hell. I agree it was less horror than the other games but most of the game was incredibly atmospheric and "edge of your seat" thrills, i'm pretty sure RE5 will have a more silent horror feel. Capcom know what they are doing they are the masters of the genre, they just wanted to see how people reacted to RE4 new change of style.

RE4 wasn't scary? Whatever. The whole feeling of not knowing who the **** is behind you was scary when playing RE4 for the first time.

RE4 definitely wasn't scary. That kind of feeling you mentioned is felt in a lot of games. I play HL2 and headcrabs attack behind me and I get freaked, but Silent Hill throws you in a dimension of fear where you feel alone and you're like, "GET ME OUT OF THIS NIGHTMARE!" and you're ready to shut off your console at any time.

alcarazo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 alcarazo9
Member since 2005 • 7104 Posts

RE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SH

i play silent hill 1 and it didnt scare, the RE remake on the other hand did scare me, and the RE story is very complicated, silent hill story is complicated because much of the time you cant even figure out whats going on

chrisoff_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chrisoff_1
Member since 2003 • 4138 Posts

RE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SH

i play silent hill 1 and it didnt scare, the RE remake on the other hand did scare me, and the RE story is very complicated, silent hill story is complicated because much of the time you cant even figure out whats going on

alcarazo9

wrong on many levels imo

Krisgebis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Krisgebis
Member since 2004 • 277 Posts

Resident evil doesn't scare you as such, it only SHOCKS you. Clips to some monster jump in your face. Thats a common B-Horror movie trick, and its old as sh*t. Until RE4 the most "scary" thing about RE was the horrible controls, because you moved around like a tank while trying to outrun zombies.

Sry, the story of RE is shallow like an a**. At least the old games.

Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Riviera_Phantom

[QUOTE="Riviera_Phantom"] Stop all this crap about RE not being Survival Horror, it STILL is, play RE4 on PRO and you will understand why it is, it's just more action orientated to give the series less of a "boring as **** feel" . The only parts that were over the top was in Chp.5 with all those soldiers, but the regenerator bits on the same level were scary as hell. I agree it was less horror than the other games but most of the game was incredibly atmospheric and "edge of your seat" thrills, i'm pretty sure RE5 will have a more silent horror feel. Capcom know what they are doing they are the masters of the genre, they just wanted to see how people reacted to RE4 new change of style.RE4 wasn't scary? Whatever. The whole feeling of not knowing who the **** is behind you was scary when playing RE4 for the first time.Vandalvideo
Its not crap, its the truth. Resident Evil is a B-movie horror style game while Silent Hill is psychological thriller. thats how its always been, thats how it always will be. They are entirely different sub-cultures of horror.

I don't give a monkeys what Silent hill is, both games main purpose is to scare, so they are similar. And thats not what i was referring "crap" too.

[QUOTE="MoneyGa"]

Lazy_Boy88

Yeah... and so does PS3. And being multiplatform is going to degrade both games, so no one really wins.

This "multiplatform so it's degraded" BS needs to stop. Only thing that's degraded is the fact fanboys can't squeel at exclusivity.

[QUOTE="Riviera_Phantom"][QUOTE="Banhammer3000"]

NobuoMusicMaker

RE4 definitely wasn't scary. That kind of feeling you mentioned is felt in a lot of games. I play HL2 and headcrabs attack behind me and I get freaked, but Silent Hill throws you in a dimension of fear where you feel alone and you're like, "GET ME OUT OF THIS NIGHTMARE!" and you're ready to shut off your console at any time.

Just because you didn't think it wasn't scary doesn't mean it actally wasn't. YES re4 was less scary than previous RE games but it did have it's moments.SH is more scary but too bad only half the games are any good, I thought with next gen graphics this game would tunr out god but it's being made by an average dev who make mediocre licensed games..

All i'm saying is that you're a fool to think RE has turned into action shooter because of one game. RE's genre isn't going to change.

Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Riviera_Phantom

Resident evil doesn't scare you as such, it only SHOCKS you. Clips to some monster jump in your face. Thats a common B-Horror movie trick, and its old as sh*t. Until RE4 the most "scary" thing about RE was the horrible controls, because you moved around like a tank while trying to outrun zombies.

Sry, the story of RE is shallow like an a**. At least the old games.

Krisgebis

Lisa Trevor following you in REmake was scary, i don't care what anyone says. And yeah i agree the old gamepaly style was getting old and boring especially with RE0.

0bscurity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 0bscurity
Member since 2005 • 836 Posts

the RE story is very complicated, silent hill story is complicated because much of the time you cant even figure out whats going on

alcarazo9

Maybe if your a complete moron with poor reading skills :p , RE is everything but complicated.
Avatar image for playstation2004
playstation2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 playstation2004
Member since 2004 • 4928 Posts
Resident Evil is more better.
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
RE5? Ohh and Mikami is out of the picture for RE5... What does that mean? That according to your logic it will suck completely, and it will be the worst RE game in existence... :P . Nah but in all seriouness, this is bad news... :(
AbusementPark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AbusementPark
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts

There's a Silent Hill 4?

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

Just because you didn't think it wasn't scary doesn't mean it actally wasn't. YES re4 was less scary than previous RE games but it did have it's moments.SH is more scary but too bad only half the games are any good, I thought with next gen graphics this game would tunr out god but it's being made by an average dev who make mediocre licensed games..

All i'm saying is that you're a fool to think RE has turned into action shooter because of one game. RE's genre isn't going to change.

Riviera_Phantom

I thought 1-3 were excellent. 4 was a bit different. I still ponder about the invisible babies with knives from SH1 and that hella crazy innovation that was that radio thing to tell you enemies are coming when you're in the middle of fog town.

RE4 was more shooter than scary. I never really had to conserve ammo like previous RE and there were times you could clearly see that the shooting elements take over like those ranged bowman were like target practice rather than trying to scare you.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f57dce0e802
deactivated-62f57dce0e802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-62f57dce0e802
Member since 2006 • 199 Posts
resident evil 4 was nothing like the other 4 (4 if you include zero) its just a lot more action oriented, and less puzzles. its not scary at all because leons to much of a badass.
AbusementPark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AbusementPark
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts
[QUOTE="Banhammer3000"]

Riviera_Phantom

I disagree. Remember the Phendrana Drifts Space Pirate base in Metroid Prime? That place was scarier than anything in RE4. And Metroid Prime wasn't even a horror game.
jkmetalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jkmetalf
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts
I love silent hill series and the music but I cannot be hyped until a p.c version exists.
jkmetalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jkmetalf
I love silent hill series and the music but I cannot be hyped until a p.c version exists.
jkmetalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jkmetalf
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

I disagree. Remember the Phendrana Drifts Space Pirate base in Metroid Prime? That place was scarier than anything in RE4. And Metroid Prime wasn't even a horror game.AbusementPark

:lol: Sure it is considered by many as one of the best atmospheric games ever created... but I think you're pushing it a little :P... Then again, it's true that nothing in RE4 was that scary to beggin with.

Hell in comparison the other RE, or even series like SH or Fatal Frame...2 :P it was a comedy at best :lol:

Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Riviera_Phantom
[QUOTE="Riviera_Phantom"][QUOTE="Banhammer3000"]

AbusementPark

I disagree. Remember the Phendrana Drifts Space Pirate base in Metroid Prime? That place was scarier than anything in RE4. And Metroid Prime wasn't even a horror game.

No. But i'll admit those levels in MP were incredibly atmospheric( Not phendrana but Phazon mines) and Ghost Pirates appearing randomely(area goes black and they appear) was amazing too. But that regenerator in RE4(one after that merchant) was incredibly scary, you could hear him..but you had no idea where the **** he was.