Who's going to win, sony exclusives or scorpio's power?

• 186 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Poll Who's going to win, sony exclusives or scorpio's power? (117 votes)

Sony exclusives 73%
Scorpio power 27%

It has become quite obvious that the true stakes of system wars is going to come down to sony's high scoring exclusives and scorpio's power.

It are two variables that are quite clear at the moment, sure xbox did have timed exclusives that are quite popular, but a lot of those timed exclusives are now also on the playstation platform, examples are world of tanks, smite, rise of the tomb raider and elite dangerous.

Xbox did release a lot of platform exclusives as well and you could certainly debate that sony was releasing masterpieces (like bloodborne) but xbox did have a steady output of exclusives. In the end you could certainly make a case that xbox had more releases than sony, if you don't count low cost games anyway.

Of course the ps4 superior gpu has always been a major perk for sony and it was certainly one of the major reasons people opted for a sony system, but soon the tables will be turned, anyone that's denying that are clearly ignoring the facts. The scorpio will be vastly superior than the ps4 pro.

What's also a fact is that sony is releasing successfull exclusives at a rate much higher than xbox, xbox doesn't even have a notable exclusive for the last six to eight months this while sony is releasing AAAE games pretty much every 2 months on average and there's more to come.

Even if xbox is annoucning a lot of new games, it's highly unlikely it's going to be able to compete with sony's offerings. Still a lot of multiplats are coming our way as well, multiplats that will ask for high system requirments. Even if you don't have a 4k tv, games like kingdom come deliverance will run significantly better on the scorpio. and a lot of upcoming games will scream for a lot more power than the xboxone and ps4 can give.

What do you think?

• 
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#151 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts

@dakur said:
@SecretPolice said:

That was a punch right to the gu.. erm I mean Udders, well done. Lolol :P

Are you saying the xbone is poo?? Since you claim the PS4 Pro is poo and now the Pro is the new xbone so the xbone was poo all along. Before you get fanboy rage I agree with you that the xbone is poo.

Oh no, a Sony fanboy confirming the PS4 Pro is poo. Sad day indeed.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@dakur said:

@commander: I see you keep hyping unreleased games and believing M$ smokes and mirrors crap. Smart up!

kingdom come deliverance is not from microsoft studios, but from warhorse studios.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#153 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

One thing is for certain and remains the same, I always have reasons to own both.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2029 Posts

It's always the games for me

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

"Xbox did release a lot of platform exclusives as well and you could certainly debate that sony was releasing masterpieces (like bloodborne) but xbox did have a steady output of exclusives. In the end you could certainly make a case that xbox had more releases than sony, if you don't count low cost games anyway."

Well said. I've said this before, its not like Xbox has put out NO new IPs. They have and are going to again. But the ones made by devs for them have not turned out to be great games. QB, Recore I am looking at you. Aside from that you have clear evidence that the reviewers here like weab games more, period.I'll play that anime chick that reviewed HW2 anyday. I'll crush her in that game with clearly distinguished strategies (something she said wasnt needed in the game)

Sony didnt make Nioh, nier, Persona, Yakuza. But Japanese devs arent going to forego supporting a Japanese console manufacturer that the people of Japan have voted to be a company they are proud of. https://japantoday.com/category/national/companies-japanese-people-are-most-proud-of

There are things that a nation sticks with their own on. Video games, cars, Swords and Martial Arts are a few things I think a person will have a hard time finding any Japanese person saying they prefer foreigners versions of. Whereas here in the US the consumer doesnt have any feelings of pride for the most part LOL

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Exclusives sell systems, period.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By commander

@cainetao11 said:

"Xbox did release a lot of platform exclusives as well and you could certainly debate that sony was releasing masterpieces (like bloodborne) but xbox did have a steady output of exclusives. In the end you could certainly make a case that xbox had more releases than sony, if you don't count low cost games anyway."

Well said. I've said this before, its not like Xbox has put out NO new IPs. They have and are going to again. But the ones made by devs for them have not turned out to be great games. QB, Recore I am looking at you. Aside from that you have clear evidence that the reviewers here like weab games more, period.I'll play that anime chick that reviewed HW2 anyday. I'll crush her in that game with clearly distinguished strategies (something she said wasnt needed in the game)

Sony didnt make Nioh, nier, Persona, Yakuza. But Japanese devs arent going to forego supporting a Japanese console manufacturer that the people of Japan have voted to be a company they are proud of. https://japantoday.com/category/national/companies-japanese-people-are-most-proud-of

There are things that a nation sticks with their own on. Video games, cars, Swords and Martial Arts are a few things I think a person will have a hard time finding any Japanese person saying they prefer foreigners versions of. Whereas here in the US the consumer doesnt have any feelings of pride for the most part LOL

well I wasn't exactly talking about recore and quantum break, but games before that like rise of the tomb raider, world of tanks, magic duels, elite dangerous smite. I know these aren't exactly complete exclusives but you can't play them on the playstation or couldn't at that time and if you didn't like playing on the pc, this was defenitely a big plus for the xbox.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@cainetao11: I don't know how many times I have heard the Japanese nationalism excuse thrown around, but it's flatly untrue. Their tastes in gaming might be more eclectic than the typical Johnny XBox gamer, but when you see their businessmen spend untold thousands to import American SUVs it gets dicey.

The Japanese love things like American blue jeans, music, western fashion, German cars, architecture, books. . . The list goes on. Point being, XBoxes inability to resonate beyond America (and let's NOT get this twisted, the brand is only popular in one country or two if you want to count the UK), is likely due to laziness on part of the XBox organization to be inclusive.

Bottom line is, you can't blame the Japanese or their culture for doing something the rest of gods green earth is doing.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#159  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Win what exactly? Popularity contest or shareholder profits? Seems at this point that the Switch will likely win both as it's the most sought after platform ATM and will likely sell out this holiday season as well.

However what this thread really means is which platform minus the PC, Switch and Android will the hardcore brand fanboy's feel they win to get bragging rights for their chosen champion's selling more systems and games, which is laughably retarded btw, so they can gleam in the face of the opposite platform owner's. There are only 2 winner's here, those who have a financial investment in the platform with the highest profitable margin's or those that own multiple platforms as they can play whatever game they want without the limits that fanboy's often impose on themselves.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By commander

@Shewgenja said:

@cainetao11: I don't know how many times I have heard the Japanese nationalism excuse thrown around, but it's flatly untrue. Their tastes in gaming might be more eclectic than the typical Johnny XBox gamer, but when you see their businessmen spend untold thousands to import American SUVs it gets dicey.

The Japanese love things like American blue jeans, music, western fashion, German cars, architecture, books. . . The list goes on. Point being, XBoxes inability to resonate beyond America (and let's NOT get this twisted, the brand is only popular in one country or two if you want to count the UK), is likely due to laziness on part of the XBox organization to be inclusive.

Bottom line is, you can't blame the Japanese or their culture for doing something the rest of gods green earth is doing.

xbox is quite popular outside usa, playstation is just more popular because of its better system specs

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Shewgenja

@commander: it hasn't broken 28M globally. I thought I was being generous calling it popular anywhere.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 commander

@Shewgenja said:

@commander: it hasn't broken 28M globally. I thought I was being generous calling it popular anywhere.

yeah so, it doesn't sell in japan at all, it hardly even sells in asia and playstation is of course still more popular in general, but you still find a lot of people who prefer xbox.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Shewgenja

@commander said:
@Shewgenja said:

yeah so, it doesn't sell in japan at all, it hardly even sells in asia and playstation is of course still more popular in general, but you still find a lot of people who prefer xbox.

You misspelled:

Europe

Africa

Middle East

South America

...and for the record, the population of Japan is twice as large as the entire UK.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 commander

@Shewgenja said:
@commander said:
@Shewgenja said:

You misspelled:

Europe

Africa

Middle East

South America

...and for the record, the population of Japan is twice as large as the entire UK.

yeah and...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By cainetao11

@commander said:
@cainetao11 said:

well I wasn't exactly talking about recore and quantum break, but games before that like rise of the tomb raider, world of tanks, magic duels, elite dangerous smite. I know these aren't exactly complete exclusives but you can't play them on the playstation or couldn't at that time and if you didn't like playing on the pc, this was defenitely a big plus for the xbox.

Dude, to quote Animal-mother on Point insertion, last night "I spent 10 years on Gamespot SW. And I realized its all bullshit" Its bitch shit. Like what you like, buy what you want to, because you dont owe anyone a reason. **** Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft unless you have a personal reason. Otherwise, you're a corporate bitch.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By commander

@cainetao11 said:
@commander said:
@cainetao11 said:

Dude, to quote Animal-mother on Point insertion, last night "I spent 10 years on Gamespot SW. And I realized its all bullshit" Its bitch shit. Like what you like, buy what you want to, because you dont owe anyone a reason. **** Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft unless you have a personal reason. Otherwise, you're a corporate bitch.

what does that have to do with anything.

The whole manticore thing is a philopsophy that doesn't work for everyone. I support the platform that I own because it fits my needs. I care about microsoft because it caters my needs. Solitary gaming is all well and good, but I mostly prefer online company when I'm gaming and I cannot just switch between friends like they are products , it doesn't work like that.

It's also annoying, multiple systems, is too much hassle for me.

And last but not least, having multiple systems just cost way more money, money I can spend on different stuff, games for instance, or in game transactions, or god forbid, something non-gaming related.

I can understand if you're a gamer with no online community and with enough money to buy everything that system wars has become a bit pointless but guess what, not everyone is a family guy, or is still stuck in the nineties with better graphics, or isn't willing to spend a thousand dollar plus on gaming.

Yeah that's right the world isn't just about you, and it's kinda odd with the amount of times you went around the sun that you haven't realized that yet.

CraftBrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#167  Edited By CraftBrood
Member since 2017 • 50 Posts

Power is nice, but Xbox One exclusives have been weak. Microsofts E3 can't be just about Scorpio tech specs. Show some new ip's running on the new box. Not a Forza tech demo. That's lame. PS4 will have lots of good things to show.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 cainetao11

@commander said:
@cainetao11 said:
@commander said:
@cainetao11 said:

The whole manticore thing is a philopsophy that doesn't work for everyone. I support the platform that I own because it fits my needs. I care about microsoft because it caters my needs. Solitary gaming is all well and good, but I mostly prefer online company when I'm gaming and I cannot just switch between friends like they are products , it doesn't work like that.

And last but not least, having multiple systems just cost way more money, money I can spend on different stuff, games for instance, or in game transactions, or god forbid, something non-gaming related.

I can understand if you're a gamer with no online community and with enough money to buy everything that system wars has become a bit pointless but guess what, not everyone is a family guy, or is still stuck in the nineties with better graphics, or isn't willing to spend a thousand dollar plus on gaming.

Yeah that's right the world isn't just about you, and it's kinda odd with the amount of times you went around the sun that you haven't realized that yet.

LOL so serious

TigerDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#169 TigerDragon
Member since 2017 • 128 Posts

I like how we are assuming Xbox One won't have games ready for Scorpio because...?

Also this question doesn't make sense/ In terms of what? The Holidays?

@bowserjr123 said:

Sony's exclusives, bar none. If Scorpio is overpriced with no exclusives, I think it will flop.

Why would Scorpio have exclusives? Or do you mean Xbox One?

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#170 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

For me, PS4's exclusives. Mainly because I have a more than capable PC which offers Xbox One games with free online, at least equal performance to X1 games, it offers games not available on the Xbox One, and it offers multiple controller options.

Xbox Play Anywhere saves me money on future MS consoles and paid online, so thank you MS.

TigerDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#171 TigerDragon
Member since 2017 • 128 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

at least equal performance to X1 games,

Are you talking about multiplats because the Xbox One still has a good number of games not on PC and the ones that are on PC run like shit.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By commander

@cainetao11 said:
@commander said:
@cainetao11 said:

LOL so serious

Who said I was serious...

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#173  Edited By bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

@tigerdragon said:

I like how we are assuming Xbox One won't have games ready for Scorpio because...?

Also this question doesn't make sense/ In terms of what? The Holidays?

@bowserjr123 said:

Sony's exclusives, bar none. If Scorpio is overpriced with no exclusives, I think it will flop.

Why would Scorpio have exclusives? Or do you mean Xbox One?

I meant Scorpio and Xbox One.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

let's see...

Killzone Shadow Fall. Knack. Infamous Second Son. Littlebigplanet 3. Driveclub. The Order 1886. Bloodborne. Until Dawn. Uncharted 4. Ratchet and Clank. The Last Guardian. Gravity Rush 2. Nioh. Nier Automata. Persona 5. Horizon Zero Dawn. God of War. Days Gone. Last of Us Part II. Detroit Become Human. Wild. Spiderman. Death Stranding. Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy. Uncharted the Lost Legacy.

I think Sony has officially crushed Microsoft and Nintendo regardless of what they do lmao

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Games always win...ALWAYS.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

let's see...

Killzone Shadow Fall. Knack. Infamous Second Son. Littlebigplanet 3. Driveclub. The Order 1886. Bloodborne. Until Dawn. Uncharted 4. Ratchet and Clank. The Last Guardian. Gravity Rush 2. Nioh. Nier Automata. Persona 5. Horizon Zero Dawn. God of War. Days Gone. Last of Us Part II. Detroit Become Human. Wild. Spiderman. Death Stranding. Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy. Uncharted the Lost Legacy.

I think Sony has officially crushed Microsoft and Nintendo regardless of what they do lmao

Lol, there's probably like 2 games that I actually want to play out of that list...

Each to their own.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 jcrame10

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@jcrame10 said:

let's see...

Lol, there's probably like 2 games that I actually want to play out of that list...

Each to their own.

yeah, still you cant deny the large amount of games with a diverse in genre and art styles tho.

thats more than can be said for the competition.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@jcrame10 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@jcrame10 said:

let's see...

Each to their own.

yeah, still you cant deny the large amount of games with a diverse in genre and art styles tho.

Yet, I still prefer the Xbox lineup. Hence why I said each to their own.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 jcrame10

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@jcrame10 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@jcrame10 said:

let's see...

Each to their own.

Yet, I still prefer the Xbox lineup. Hence why I said each to their own.

okay, your opinion versus the facts of reality.

wth was the point in even replying?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 cainetao11

@commander said:
@cainetao11 said:
@commander said:
@cainetao11 said:

LOL so serious

obviously not me.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

This will be interesting to see play out over the next year.

Most of this gen PS4 skated by because despite their lacking exclusives until recently (even mentioned by their own execs) some multi plats ran better (slightly) because of the power.

Look at the highest selling console bundles for PS 4. Batman, Call of Duty, Star Wars Battlefront. The Uncharted collection was no where close.

Sony has proved exclusives matter, but not as much as they used to. But now they are trying to change the narrative and say it's all about games, when they are losing the power advantage.

We know damn well Microsoft will be showing new games next month.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 commander

@cainetao11 said:
@commander said:
@cainetao11 said:

LOL so serious

obviously not me.

you're too easy

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 cainetao11

@commander said:
@cainetao11 said:
@commander said:
@cainetao11 said:

LOL so serious

obviously not me.

you're too easy

luv u 2

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

It says a lot when Phil Spencer is telling people not to preorder Scorpio til they see the games.

He knows they are going to kill it at E3.

Avatar image for TheMisterManGuy
TheMisterManGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 TheMisterManGuy
Member since 2011 • 264 Posts

Same thing that always makes people buy consoles, Games. At the end of the day, specs don't sell systems, games do. Games are the reason people buy these machines in the first place, so if you got compelling games, people will buy your system. Microsoft can brag about how powerful the Scorpio is all they want, but if they don't have games nobody's going to care.