Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 Bluestars  Online
Member since 2019 • 1020 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf:

“At least 4k30”

Devs words not mine,but I’ll be happy with a dynamic 4k/60 on the XBSX for ACV HaH

I’ll bet my arse to a barn dance every MS studio game is 4k60

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 31413 Posts

@Pedro:

Many games on Xbox one X are not 4k,and many are on low settings and with shitty frames.

In fact RE3 got a patch to drop resolution bellow 4K because frames were greatly behind the Pro frames.

I remember some who claimed it would match a 1070GTX and the most derange would even claim exceed a 1080.

Depending on what they run and were ever Ray tracing is used they may miss 4k 30 let alone 4k60.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 5958 Posts

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

??? What does ultra settings mean to you, Pedro?

Nothing.

I thought you had a PC. Certainly you wouldn't be saying that if that's the case.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#104 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 39981 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I thought you had a PC. Certainly you wouldn't be saying that if that's the case.

If you game on PC you would know it has no standard, its arbitrary and it means nothing.

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#105 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5127 Posts

This thread turned out well.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#106  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 8026 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@shellcase86 said:
@davillain- said:
@shellcase86 said:
@sakaixx said:

Aside that, what is Scorn and why this game getting some media news? Does not seem like its anything different from other 1st person horror/dark fantasy game released this gen like Agony or GTFO.

No clue. I've only recently heard of it during the May event -- and this trailer shows nothing. Not sure why it's getting attention.

You guys are aware this game was announce back in 2014 right? Scorn went off the radar, I personally thought it already release like around 2016. I guess its getting new media now that the game is nearly done it seems.

No. No clue. It's possible I heard about then, but that's six years ago. I wouldn't remember this w/o more concrete/exciting game details at the initial announcement.

See? Star Citizen isn't the only game taking forever.

Unlucky for Scorn dev they didn't beg for money. Could have made a cool $300 mil while making the game.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#107  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46888 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@shellcase86 said:
@davillain- said:

You guys are aware this game was announce back in 2014 right? Scorn went off the radar, I personally thought it already release like around 2016. I guess its getting new media now that the game is nearly done it seems.

No. No clue. It's possible I heard about then, but that's six years ago. I wouldn't remember this w/o more concrete/exciting game details at the initial announcement.

Unlucky for Scorn dev they didn't beg for money. Could have made a cool $300 mil while making the game.

I know, right? I totally remember Chris Roberts going around with a tin can going "Change? Spare some change for a homeless developer?" you know, begging for money.

It's not like the gaming community was super-excited an industry veteran is making a game in a near-forgotten genre or anything and decided to support the developer, that'd just be insane.

Yup. All begging.

If we are being totally honest here*, you're right**, Scorn should have begged for money too. They've only been at it since 2013 and have had many private investors.

*we are not

**you are not

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 sakaiXx

@mrbojangles25 said:
@sakaixx said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@shellcase86 said:
@davillain- said:

I know, right? I totally remember Chris Roberts going around with a tin can going "Change? Spare some change for a homeless developer?" you know, begging for money.

It's not like the gaming community was super-excited an industry veteran is making a game in a near-forgotten genre or anything and decided to support the developer, that'd just be insane.

Yup. All begging.

IDK, some people called it a successful scam.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#109  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 46888 Posts

@sakaixx said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@sakaixx said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@shellcase86 said:

Yup. All begging.

Some people are idiots and jealous.

I get it, OK? The game has had a very public development and their financing model is....unique. I am a big supporter and even I take issue with selling ships that cost hundreds of dollars.

But the fact remains that this is a community-funded project made by an industry veteran; the amount of time and money that has been invested in it means they have reached a point of no return.

I mean, what do you think is more likely:

1. they establish multiple studios in multiple countries to develop a game; hire numerous (and extremely talented) actors with a reputation to uphold to star in their game; and host a very public development complete with an open alpha....all in the name of a scam.
  2. Or maybe they do all of the above....and intend to make the game (sooner or later).

Logic says option 2 is more likely.

I am g etting impatient, but it's not like there are no games to play in the meantime, right? Plus I have the alpha to play if I want a taste of it, which frankly is a better game than most finished games out there.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 sakaiXx

@mrbojangles25 said:
@sakaixx said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@sakaixx said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Yup. All begging.

Some people are idiots and jealous.

I get it, OK? The game has had a very public development and their financing model is....unique. I am a big supporter and even I take issue with selling ships that cost hundreds of dollars.

But the fact remains that this is a community-funded project made by an industry veteran; the amount of time and money that has been invested in it means they have reached a point of no return.

I mean, what do you think is more likely:

1. they establish multiple studios in multiple countries to develop a game; hire numerous (and extremely talented) actors with a reputation to uphold to star in their game; and host a very public development complete with an open alpha....all in the name of a scam.
  2. Or maybe they do all of the above....and intend to make the game (sooner or later).

Logic says option 2 is more likely.

I am g etting impatient, but it's not like there are no games to play in the meantime, right? Plus I have the alpha to play if I want a taste of it, which frankly is a better game than most finished games out there.

its like most scams. they have show you something, makes you yearn for it, for the scam to work. IDK mate they want to publicly fund the game its cool, lots of games and products get publicly funded as well but some never gets a release.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7202 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

You sound like you don't seem to understand life.

People drink for fun, its been a thing.

Spend less time being in-denial about things based on your insecurities or fanboy'ish choices, grab a beer order a pizza and stfu and maybe you'll get a girl to finger your butt one day.

I don't drink, so I can't relate. But at least that explains why you think having a good time is when a girl fingers your butt. 😂

A good time is what ever floats your boat and as long as it doesn't harm anyone its all good. I don't just you just came across as someone who is in need of butt play.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7202 Posts

People here are forgetting that the 360 and PS3 both ran games at 720-1080p... A generation later X1 and PS4 with 6+ times more TFLOPS are also playing games at 720-1080p.

Games get more demanding.

PC gamers have been gaming at 1080p for 15 years... Why?... Because a 7600 GT card was playing games like BF2, and a RTX 2060 is playing games like BFV.

Confusing for you guys to comprehend isn't it.

A tech demo comes out at 1440p 30FPS with fake ray tracing and a Minecraft ray traced runs at 1080p struggle to keep 60FPS and you guys are like: "nah 4K/60 is easy, that 5700 GPU can do it in a PS5 no problem".

You literally have companies creating DLS and other techniques in their engines to cut corners to create more performance.