Who will prevail? MAG or Dantes Inferno? Both 76 on Metacritic...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23064 Posts

I must admit that im not really a frequent metacritic watcher, though I do value the sum of review scores much more than the silliness of living by the gamespot review... its ridiculous when you think about it. Anyway, I was looking this morning at the top games of each console in 2010. Obviously (and deservedly so) Mass Effect 2 is the top of the 2010 heap at the moment... but what struck me as interesting is that Dante's Inferno and MAG on PS3 are both 76. Which is really telling when you consider Gamespot gave MAG .4 high and D.I. 1.1 less... that pretty much smokes the whole gamespot review theory anyway.

Not saying we shouldnt value Gamespot reviews. They are good... but not law. I suppose I should save this for anothe thread. My real question...

When its all said and done, will D.I. edge out MAG for better game? or vice verca?

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

I'm not sure. Haven't played either one yet. Maybe it would matter if a gamer were using the difference of the aggregate score to make a purchasing decision. Even with that, the genre will probably weigh more in the decision.

---

What's more important is DI versus Bayonetta and GOW 3. Or MAG versus some online-only multplayer such as the potential Starhawk.

Nokitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Nokitch
Member since 2010 • 178 Posts
Well you're comparing a shooter with a hack'n'slash game . What are you going by ? Just by scores ? Gameplay ? But for me , I'll go for MAG . Its not noob-friendly and you need some sort of skill to play other then CoD .
TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 23064 Posts

Well you're comparing a shooter with a hack'n'slash game . What are you going by ? Just by scores ? Gameplay ? But for me , I'll go for MAG . Its not noob-friendly and you need some sort of skill to play other then CoD .Nokitch

I think I was fairly clear with just straight up score.

solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
hmmm I dont know I can see a 3/5 from GB for D.I.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#6 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I do not really care, to be honest. All I know is that I am really enjoying DI and I currently have no plans to pick up MAG anytime soon.

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
I'd go with MAG, great game :)
Nokitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Nokitch
Member since 2010 • 178 Posts

[QUOTE="Nokitch"]Well you're comparing a shooter with a hack'n'slash game . What are you going by ? Just by scores ? Gameplay ? But for me , I'll go for MAG . Its not noob-friendly and you need some sort of skill to play other then CoD .TheEroica

I think I was fairly clear with just straight up score.

My bad . Prob go for MAG . I think theres more people that prefer shooters to hack'n'slash games .