Who is the current KING of MOVIE GAMES?

• 84 results
rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Poll Who is the current KING of MOVIE GAMES? (70 votes)

Sony 74%
Microsoft/Zenimax 7%
Rockstar 7%
Capcom 0%
Crystal Dynamics 1%
EA 0%
Other (specify) 10%

Who is the current KING of MOVIE GAMES?

Decide on your own what a MOVIE GAME is.

• 
HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 9343 Posts
@zaryia said:

Sony is the king of this non-gamer genre.

And this is the genre that gives cows their strange superiority complex. So I get PSNow on the PC and I'm thinking, let me check out the AMAZING GAMES I'm told about. Man, the gameplay must be STUNNING the way Sony fans carry on about them.

I try Uncharted 1, crap third person shooting mechanics early on, and pretty basic adventure gameplay.

The Last of Us, I think I was walking around for what felt like 30min. And the problem with me is, if you don't sell the gameplay to me before I get bored I move on.

Beyond 2 Souls, just heavily QTE based like Heavy Rain.

Pre-PS4 God of War games, with the QTE boss fights, I'm like wtf sort of hack and slash is this. This is supposed to compete with DMC, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden? Who thought QTE boss fights was a good idea?

I don't even care that people like these games, I'm glad people enjoy them. But these are a lot of the games cows use to act like their games are better than anyone else's. The way they spoke, I thought the gameplay was going to be the best ever. They were the ones who set my expectations high.

From what I've played, Sony's games aren't better than Nintendo's or MS's or any good 3rd party game.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 20445 Posts
@HalcyonScarlet said:

This is supposed to compete with DMC, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden?

Ha, yeah to be fair at least the series creator never thought GoW was on that level. Knew his games were more about the instant power fantasy rather than earning it through a deeper combat system.

As usual, just fans making it out to be more than what it is. Same fanbase that legit tried to argue LBP was a better platformer than SMG2 at one point. 😬

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 8857 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@zaryia said:

And this is the genre that gives cows their strange superiority complex. So I get PSNow on the PC and I'm thinking, let me check out the AMAZING GAMES I'm told about. Man, the gameplay must be STUNNING the way Sony fans carry on about them.

I try Uncharted 1, crap third person shooting mechanics early on, and pretty basic adventure gameplay.

The Last of Us, I think I was walking around for what felt like 30min. And the problem with me is, if you don't sell the gameplay to me before I get bored I move on.

Pre-PS4 God of War games, with the QTE boss fights, I'm like wtf sort of hack and slash is this. This is supposed to compete with DMC, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden? Who thought QTE boss fights was a good idea?

I don't even care that people like these games, I'm glad people enjoy them. But these are a lot of the games cows use to act like their games are better than anyone else's. The way they spoke, I thought the gameplay was going to be the best ever. They were the ones who set my expectations high.

From what I've played, Sony's games aren't better than Nintendo's or MS's or any good 3rd party game.

Yeah dude god of war 1-3 was all QTE fights. You got it. I'm sure you really played those games.

This game smashes DMC/Ninja Gaiden/Bayonetta!
This game smashes DMC/Ninja Gaiden/Bayonetta!

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 sheep99
Member since 2020 • 506 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: frontnite is mindless game free to play fur dummies that buy accessories in the game only mindless idiots play it. EA gets blamed for loot boxes because of mindless gamers that keep buying them. Tribes and Unreal 2004 were great online games

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 57989 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Is Sony's Spiderman a game that sold 20+ million on 1 platform really a "movie game though"? It seems like insomniac styled Sunset Overdrive 3rd person beatem up comic book game with a few cutscenes here and there.

A movie game is like Detroit become Human...Spiderman is not even close to that as a movie game lund

Righto. Read my post again... I said typically, not that they do something 100%.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 295 Posts

a lot of Sony games feel like movies where i occasionally press buttons during certain scenes.

Norri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Norri
Member since 2020 • 28 Posts
Clearly Microsoft, although you mostly only watch trailers and promises, rarely the full movie

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@ProtossRushX said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@zaryia said:

Yeah dude god of war 1-3 was all QTE fights. You got it. I'm sure you really played those games.

"QTE boss fights" I said it right there.

"This game smashes DMC/Ninja Gaiden/Bayonetta!" Was that you that wrote that?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@ConanTheStoner said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

This is supposed to compete with DMC, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden?

Ha, yeah to be fair at least the series creator never thought GoW was on that level. Knew his games were more about the instant power fantasy rather than earning it through a deeper combat system.

As usual, just fans making it out to be more than what it is. Same fanbase that legit tried to argue LBP was a better platformer than SMG2 at one point. 😬

The fans still talk old GOW up though.

For real? Why? XD

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 14753 Posts

@sargentd said:

a lot of Sony games feel like movies where i occasionally press buttons during certain scenes.

There's nothing wrong with this. This is for people who never really play video games or never played them before. These people deserve enjoyment too. Sony is the ultimate casual experience, with little to no hardcore alternative or any type of real competitive scenes.

This is fine, many Sony Gamers™ here do only play 1 or 2 games a year, each which last around 6-8 hours. They are also good quick rentals to save on money due to this.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61  Edited By Telekill  Online
Member since 2003 • 10298 Posts

@zaryia: If you play games on easy, expect it to feel casual. Try Uncharted on crushing or brutal difficulties. Go ahead. I'll be waiting here for you to come back crying that you couldn't beat any of them quoting mechanics as an excuse for your lack of skill. The games have gameplay.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Zaryia

@Telekill said:

@zaryia: If you play games on easy, expect it to feel casual. Try Uncharted on crushing or brutal difficulties. Go ahead. I'll be waiting here for you to come back crying that you couldn't beat any of them quoting mechanics as an excuse for your lack of skill. The games have gameplay.

lol

Loading Video...

The First 4 Hours of... Uncharted 4 - YouTube

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Telekill  Online

@zaryia: So you decided to confirm you have zero capability to play the game on a decent difficulty so you just sit here making fun of what you're incapable of doing.

*slow claps for the helpless*

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Zaryia

@Telekill said:

@zaryia: So you decided to confirm you have zero capability to play the game on a decent difficulty so you just sit here making fun of what you're incapable of doing.

*slow claps for the helpless*

You're saying UC is a hardcore title lol.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Telekill  Online

@zaryia: I doubt you could beat it on crushing. You've confirmed you basically know next to nothing about the series.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Zaryia

@Telekill said:

@zaryia: I doubt

UC is a very casual series no matter what you say.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Telekill  Online

@zaryia: You get what you put in. Thanks for proving my point.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 21442 Posts

@blamix said:

@i_p_daily: i actually almost got an Xbox One, 3 years ago to play Ori and Cuphead. But luckily they came out on the Switch. I loved Halo 2 and 3 and the first Gears, but i heard they wen't downhill after the 3rd. What games do you play?

So you almost played games 3yrs ago but when Sony instead, what a shame.

Seriously though, when Sony has a new release save yourself some money and look for it on YouTube a week later.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By blamix
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts

@i_p_daily: nah i don't wanna watch a Masterpiece like God of War or Bloodborne on youtube. I think games that scored below 84 on MC will be alright to watch on youtube. But those are more likely Xbox games. Games with no taste that never won GOTY or even nominated at TGA.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 8857 Posts

@blamix said:

@i_p_daily: nah i don't wanna watch a Masterpiece like God of War or Bloodborne on youtube. I think games that scored below 84 on MC will be alright to watch on youtube. But those are more likely Xbox games. Games with no taste that never won GOTY or even nominated at TGA.

Who the hell wants to watch bloodborne on youtube theres no story really its a video game. IP is insane.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 17987 Posts

@lundy86_4: "Sony/ND or Crystal Dynamics. Not that I dislike the games, but more that they typically follow the "movie game" formula."

Uncharted 4 and Shadow of The Tomb Raider were 2 of worse games I played in the last decade. Both were absolutely snooze fest.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 I_P_Daily

@blamix said:

Ah so you watch games based off of scores, who's your favourite movie reviewer?

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 blamix

@i_p_daily: well yeah you can say that, but i don't have a favourite reviewer though. I go with MC, if not i think IGN. You still haven't answered my question. What type of games/movie do you play/watch?

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#74 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 464 Posts

Do people actually believe the BS that they post here? It's like they try extra hard. How butthurt can you be?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11207 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@zaryia said:

It's funny how playstation fans for years have claimed that the cinematic experience they get from their games make them superior to others but now that they get made fun of for not having diverse lineups they want to distance themselves as much as possible from the cinematic/movie game label even though know that is their sole strength.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 17098 Posts

Why is Capcom even on that list ? anyways ... the only one i can think of is Quantic Dream and is not even on the list ...

Daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 2981 Posts

I would say Sony, only because MS tries so hard, but always fail :(

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 I_P_Daily

@blamix said:

@i_p_daily: well yeah you can say that, but i don't have a favourite reviewer though. I go with MC, if not i think IGN. You still haven't answered my question. What type of games/movie do you play/watch?

I'll give any genre a try, except for music games and puzzle games.

Here is a list of the last 10 games i've played, AC Valhalla, Panzer Dragoon Remake, Terminator Resistance, Control, Minecraft Dungeons, Forza Horizon 4, A Way Out, Hotshot Racing, Tembo the Badarse Elephant, The Division 2.

So as you can see i play different things, and didn't enjoy all those games either, but i will at least try new games that don't always grab my attention like A Way Out for instance, i bought it for like $5 and played it co-op with a friend, it was to put it plainly boring and i was real annoyed that you can't skip cutscenes, but finished it anyway.

Hopefully that answers your question.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 blamix

@i_p_daily: well im not gonna lie, those are descent games but nothing special. I understand that everyone has different taste. BS aside do you really think a game like Bloodborne and God of War should be watched on youtube? Maybe if it was a TTG i agree, cause the ending is the same no matter what. But man you should here yourself sometimes. There's a reason why the Xbox One was way behind the Nintendo and PS. Also weird that you're playing AC Valhalla, don't you think that's like a movie game for you too?

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 I_P_Daily

@blamix said:

@i_p_daily: well im not gonna lie, those are descent games but nothing special. I understand that everyone has different taste. BS aside do you really think a game like Bloodborne and God of War should be watched on youtube? Maybe if it was a TTG i agree, cause the ending is the same no matter what. But man you should here yourself sometimes. There's a reason why the Xbox One was way behind the Nintendo and PS. Also weird that you're playing AC Valhalla, don't you think that's like a movie game for you too?

In your opinion, see God of War & bloodborne are nothing special to me, just hack n slash games, nothing against those type of games, but hardly exciting.

And why would Valhalla be considered a movie game when unlike certain Sony games a third of the game isn't made up of cutscenes.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 5772 Posts

Damn this thread got me missing the old hack and slash God of War... Shame what happened to it 😔

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 blamix

@i_p_daily: i never consider any games to be a movie game, maybe Erica or them other games similar. What kind of brain would think Sony games are movies and should be watched on youtube? Lol really?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 37710 Posts

Phony, the one and only, of course.

C'mon, everyone knows that. :P

mojito1988

Forum Posts