Who here is hyped for the new Killer Instinct ?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

When i got the chance to play the Xbox One, this was by far, in my opinion from a game-play standpoint the best game on show. It was also no surprise it was the most played game among all the games on show for the system, i guess in a sense there is a great deal of nostalgia from the Killer Instinct days on the Super Nintendo filling the room. The game was running at high frames, it was fast, fluid and full of combos, with intricate visual detail to booth. Which is strange cause the reaction from the online community seem so different in contrast, people rarely talk about it, there is no hype thread even (although that can be said for most next gen games). so who in here is interested or hyped at all for the new 90's cheesecake?

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Yes! I'm not usually a big fighting game fan but this looks like something I could get into. Even pre ordered the fightstick!

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

This is the one X1 title I wish was also on PS4. I loved this series back in the day.

If I were getting an X1 instead of a PS4, this would be my first preorder.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

Everybody over the age of 25.

megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 megaspiderweb09

@danabo said:

So true, perhaps that explains why the hype is not alova the place

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By EnviousEyezOnMe
Member since 2013 • 272 Posts

Right here! I mentioned this in the other KI thread somewhere...That if you're not the least bit excited for this game, then you are either jelly or just started gaming in the X360/PS3 era. Anybody from the NyC area remember going to Nathan's Hot Dog just for the arcade area? Hahahaha I used to go all the time to play this and MK back in the day. Anyways...Bring on NoV.22

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts

The new Killer Instinct game looks awesome!!

I am getting it for sure!!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'm an oldschool KI tourney player and fan...but I'm not excited for this based on developer changes and my lifelong passion for fighters since the 1990's. I remain optimistic though.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Nope.

megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 megaspiderweb09

@SolidTy said:

I'm an oldschool KI tourney player and fan...but I'm not excited for this based on developer changes and my lifelong passion for fighters since the 1990's. I remain optimistic though.

What changes did you not like about the new one ?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidTy

@megaspiderweb09: Terrible developer choice with Double Helix with so many other fantastic quality choices were around. They spend hundreds of millions on NFL, hundreds of millions for Steven Spielburg, it would have been a great return to form to see a fantastic dev chosen to resurrect KI. Yes, I know everything there is to know about the development, as I have had huge discussions in the past.

As a HUGE KI fan, I was dissapointed in that dev choice, but I know they were cheap to hire. I don't like the animations, or the new system, but I haven't logged into the game for more than 20+ hours, but I'm not liking what I have seen. To be fair, I'll know a hell of a lot more by the end of this year, but I'm not excited at all, and I'm certainly not HYPEd.

The new and improved, but dismantled and kinect friendly RARE isn't the same anyways. I spoke about this a few times, so I'll just link one of my many other and more in-depth responses here to save work.

megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 megaspiderweb09

@SolidTy said:

@megaspiderweb09: Terrible developer choice with Double Helix with so many other fantastic quality choices were around. They spend hundreds of millions on NFL, hundreds of millions for Steven Spielburg, it would have been a great return to form to see a fantastic dev chosen to resurrect KI. Yes, I know everything there is to know about the development, as I have had huge discussions in the past.

As a HUGE KI fan, I was dissapointed in that dev choice, but I know they were cheap to hire. I don't like the animations, or the new system, but I haven't logged into the game for more than 20+ hours, but I'm not liking what I have seen. To be fair, I'll know a hell of a lot more by the end of this year, but I'm not excited at all, and I'm certainly not HYPEd.

The new and improved, but dismantled and kinect friendly RARE isn't the same anyways. I spoke about this a few times, so I'll just link one of my many other and more in-depth responses here to save work.

Are you more concerned about the business practice of these entities or the quality of the game itself?, I know sometimes it is difficult to give some development houses a chance based on previous impressions of them but the new KI is not bad at all, it is very very good actually and i think perhaps you are letting the fact that a below average development studio is at helm affect your impression of the game. Maybe you played it for a few hours, perhaps play it more with a different mindset and you might actually enjoy Solid

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Killer Instinct.............lol

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Not hyped, but I would like it not to suck. Would like the game to turn out to be good, and not a dud.

It seems primed for a dud though.

danabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 danabo
Member since 2003 • 2438 Posts

I'll stick with my original response. If they are over the age of 25 and not excited about a new KI, they got owned playing winner stays on or tournament mode as a child and don't want to relive the bad memories.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I'm getting the full game on day 1...although there's minimal hype for it on Gamespot, you'll find other sites on the web who cover it more. I'm really glad we will have a good(hopefully) fighting game on launch, this genre is usually ignored until later.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SolidTy

@megaspiderweb09:

@megaspiderweb09 said:

@SolidTy said:

As a HUGE KI fan, I was dissappointed in that dev choice, but I know they were cheap to hire. I don't like the animations, or the new system, but I haven't logged into the game for more than 20+ hours, but I'm not liking what I have seen. To be fair, I'll know a hell of a lot more by the end of this year, but I'm not excited at all, and I'm certainly not HYPEd.

Are you more concerned about the business practice of these entities or the quality of the game itself?, I know sometimes it is difficult to give some development houses a chance based on previous impressions of them but the new KI is not bad at all, it is very very good actually and i think perhaps you are letting the fact that a below average development studio is at helm affect your impression of the game. Maybe you played it for a few hours, perhaps play it more with a different mindset and you might actually enjoy Solid

As a gamer, I'm concerned about the game, clearly. Since the game isn't released, I can only tell you about things that are forgotten/unknown/ignored/not considered. When the product is released, you will see my posts about the game, maybe at this site. I'm not liking the new GS.

I already said above: "I don't like the animations, or the new system..." with regards to the game.

Companies capitalize on our nostalgia all the time (not just gaming), sometimes it's great. Sometimes not. I hope this is not the case with Killer Instinct, a game/brand I adored. I already told you I will remain optimistic and gave you SOME of the reasons I don't dig the game. I didn't give you all the reasons. Partly because the game is rough/unfinished and I don't want to judge it fully until I get the released version. It's a tired subject for me and I've posted in dozens of KI topics, so if you missed all of those posts, I'm sorry but there is only so much redundancy I can stand.

There is a lot more to this issue than I posted today, I just gave you an overview. I don't like many of the actual gameplay choices, but again, my standards for fighting games are incredibly high. I buy them all either way, but not all of them get played equally. Even by last gen fighting games and By current generation fighting game standards, this game falls flat to me. Again, I'll give a comprehensive and fair reason why when I've played the game with at least a dozen hours under my belt.

Suffice to say, I'm not impressed with my time so far.

I was a master of the original Killer Instinct, having won money and played it before it ever was ported to SNES.

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EnviousEyezOnMe
Member since 2013 • 272 Posts

I haven't seen this posted anywhere and I didn't want to make a new thread...So here is KI Arcade being played on X1

http://youtu.be/MDLF36erjr8

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Nope, fighters are such a shitty genre. But the first character is free so it cant hurt to try it out. Ill probably delete it straight after though.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Not really. I loved the original KI, it's just not a game I'd buy a console solely for.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

It's a DLC infested game...

Not worth the hype

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

never hyped a fighting game in my life so no. it looks good tho

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

looks great.... but marvel vs capcom 4 and sf5 will be bigger games.

we'll have to see how evo embraces KI.

Junsei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Junsei
Member since 2004 • 723 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

no we don't. its gonna be at evo 2014 no matter what since the major titles will be on xbox 360 this season

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#25  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Not me.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

First game I am playing when I hook mine up.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Junsei said:

@KBFloYd said:

no we don't. its gonna be at evo 2014 no matter what since the major titles will be on xbox 360 this season

yea...injustice was on there too but people said it was boring....

so people dont really care about it compared to street fighter or marvel..

i think melee was slightly better liked than injustice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

cant wait for KI, looks great. picking up the stick too

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Played it at Evo and fell in love with the game. It's the only launch title for both the Xbox One and PS4 I absolutely wanna get. Double Helix has been doing a fantastic job with the game so far, it just sucks that they didn't get a lot of time to work on it.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@megaspiderweb09 said:

When i got the chance to play the Xbox One, this was by far, in my opinion from a game-play standpoint the best game on show. It was also no surprise it was the most played game among all the games on show for the system, i guess in a sense there is a great deal of nostalgia from the Killer Instinct days on the Super Nintendo filling the room. The game was running at high frames, it was fast, fluid and full of combos, with intricate visual detail to booth. Which is strange cause the reaction from the online community seem so different in contrast, people rarely talk about it, there is no hype thread even (although that can be said for most next gen games). so who in here is interested or hyped at all for the new 90's cheesecake?

I hope you mean the arcade version.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

First game I am playing when I hook mine up.

@danabo said:

Yep and yep

Junsei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Junsei
Member since 2004 • 723 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

@Junsei said:

@KBFloYd said:

yea...injustice was on there too but people said it was boring....

so people dont really care about it compared to street fighter or marvel..

i think melee was slightly better liked than injustice.

that's because injustice was barely out for 2 months. its a good game and all but it should of not been at evo but after patches the game is good to go. a lot of players are actually happy that evo switched back to xbox 360 due to the Capcom fighters being closer to arcade perfect on the console. IMO I wont change much but I guess it would bring the stress level down since the road to evo tourneys play on xbox 360

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Spartan070

in all honestly, despite the non-typical business model, it's easily the best next gen game till either Titanfall, Destiny or Infamous comes out.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Spartan070

@ankor77 said:

cant wait for KI, looks great. picking up the stick too

Was holding off on that till I heard how it plays on the controller, reports are that it plays extremely well on a controller. Even Maximillian has said that after only a few rounds he could easily pull off all of his combos pretty much just as good on the controller as he could with a fight stick.

I'm still torn...:(

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Loved playing this the other day and will be a purchase for me. Hopefully the complete fighter list won't cost $120 like most fighters this gen are costing.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SolidTy

danabo said:

Nope.Answers above in this thread and a dozen other threads I spoke about K.I..

I did get Killer Instinct for free though, huge gamerscore and tenure paid off.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Spartan070

@kuu2 said:

Loved playing this the other day and will be a purchase for me. Hopefully the complete fighter list won't cost $120 like most fighters this gen are costing.

$20 per season. Even 3 seasons worth of content can be had for $60. All that extra stuff you get in the $40 Ultra Editions(accessories, costumes, original KI) can all be unlockable in the $20 version, well probably not the original KI but everything else.

To any X1 owner $20 for this is a steal. All in all the game isn't going to cost a lot at all, and if you do buy the $40 Ultra Editions you'll also get the original KI with Season 1 and KI: Gold with Season 2, the official arcade ROMs all with eventual online play.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

Not really a fighting game fan, but since im apparently getting the game for free im excited, but free things always get me excited.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#39  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@megaspiderweb09 said:

I liked it when I played it,..it's a lot different from the original. ...and orchid is hot btw.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

Not into fighters but I think it's come a long way. I remember when it was shown at E3 people said it looked like sh*t and was a Street Fighter rip off, now apparently it's one of the best looking next gen games and guys Miles and Acidglow who are big in the FCG have had mostly positive things to say about it.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

@danabo said:

I'll stick with my original response. If they are over the age of 25 and not excited about a new KI, they got owned playing winner stays on or tournament mode as a child and don't want to relive the bad memories.

I'm over 25 and i've been a huge fighter fan since SF2 and i'm not hyped at all for KI...It looks to much of a button mashing, all flash no substance, the animations aren't that good and the core gameplay seems broken, at least that's what i saw with Saberwulf like i'm just throwing a low punch and if it hits, then it's combo time...i do like the combo breaker stuff. Granted, i haven't seen much of it, but what i've seen...just doesn't seem to be that good.

I mean, just compare it to Guilty Gear Xrd and you will see why fighters fans are not interested in KI.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#43 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I like what I see. If/when I get an X1, I'll definitely check KI out.

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#44 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts

Not hyped in the slightest due to businesses practice. Though the original was fun to play back in the day. I'll play it when my bro get his One.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

Had the original and it was awesome. The only problem is i don't want a Xbox 1.

If and when i play and i like what i see i may purchase a one unless i go through with building a PC.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kuu2

@madsnakehhh said:

@danabo said:

I'm over 25 and i've been a huge fighter fan since SF2 and i'm not hyped at all for KI...It looks to much of a button mashing, all flash no substance, the animations aren't that good and the core gameplay seems broken, at least that's what i saw with Saberwulf like i'm just throwing a low punch and if it hits, then it's combo time...i do like the combo breaker stuff. Granted, i haven't seen much of it, but what i've seen...just doesn't seem to be that good.

I mean, just compare it to Guilty Gear Xrd and you will see why fighters fans are not interested in KI.

It is far from a "button masher".

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#47 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm hyped up for dead rising 3 and ryse

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Spartan070

They are making the game easily accessible. This does not translate to "button masher." Just watch some high-level matches with either Filthie Rich or Berserker Mike then watch vids of amateurs at various kiosk picking up the game for the first time. Yeah they can pull off a few combos but you wont see any Counter Breakers, Shadow Counters or Godlike Combos extended through manuals.

I figured this was common sense but I guess I'll just wait till everyone gets their hands on it in ranked play before I show them the light.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kuu2

@Spartan070 said:

They are making the game easily accessible. This does not translate to "button masher." Just watch some high-level matches with either Filthie Rich or Berserker Mike then watch vids of amateurs at various kiosk picking up the game for the first time. Yeah they can pull off a few combos but you wont see any Counter Breakers, Shadow Counters or Godlike Combos extended through manuals.

I figured this was common sense but I guess I'll just wait till everyone gets their hands on it in ranked play before I show them the light.

So if I purchase the $40 ultra edition what do I get? Also is season 2 pricing been rumored at all?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

I dont like fighters so I'm not and wouldn't even bother getting the free edition.