Which was the bigger Microsoft blunder for you as a gamer?

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Which was the bigger Microsoft blunder for you as a gamer? (55 votes)

(Xbox One) Don Mattrick: If you want an offline device get a 360. 53%
(Xbox Series X) Matt Booty: We won't have exclusives for the Xbox Series X launch 7%
These weren't blunders everything is fine 18%
There both equally bad and cost them sales 22%

Sony is going to come out swinging. Exclusives and its an OFFLINE device everything you want.

What the hell is the Microsoft brand doing?

Theres going to be huge hitting exclusives on ps5 everyone I talked to in real life said there going ps5 after this news. THIS IS A HUGE HIT ism talking about XBOX ONE owners saying they didn't like what booty said.

People like getting dead rising 3 and ryse, people like getting those games how dare you Microsoft you turned your back on many fans who are now going ps5 and angry and pissed.

SONY IS JUST GONNA BE LIEK HERES KILLZONE here's a next gen resistance here's a next gen horizon zero dawn an infamous there exclusives are gonna be flowing all over the place and won't have the ps4 holding them back.

I remember games like dead rising 3 couldn't run on 360 cause it had so many zombies on screen and certain games couldn't run the single player campaigns on 360. Same thing should happen to the original xbox one. WE NEED TO MOVE FOWARD. PS5 will move forward xbox series x isn't moving forward.

• 
robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 3590 Posts

It's a tough one for me the 360 comment was terrible one of the worst quotes anybody could have said going into a new gen. No exclusives going into the new generation is just as bad.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 523 Posts

I’ll go with 360’s large scale RROD problem. That ruined the Xbox brand for me.

I voted anyway though, for both.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1804 Posts

The 360 was a piece of shit. Launched without hdmi and wifi and DVD rom. Multiplats ran a bit better, whoopdidoo. Most scrubs didn’t even have hdtvs.

RROD was the biggest blunder of the gaming world. And they followed up with the xbone.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 4422 Posts

What do we do with this guy people? I mean, he's good for a laugh and such...but boasting that the ps5 will be an offline device? Or is he?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 6730 Posts

Even with 360 horrible RROD case, I still enjoyed the machine so I guess my vote goes to the Xbox one Reveal fiasco.

SirLeoTheLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6 SirLeoTheLion
Member since 2020 • 28 Posts

I'm not sure Sony will have as much of a lead this time around with the prices of the PS5 and the Xbox Series X being roughly equivalent based upon predictions. I think that extra hundred dollars for the Kinect feature gave Sony the lead last time around.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25852 Posts

Being a kinect based machine was one of the biggest blunders they did, imo. Saying it wasn't a gaming console, but a media machine.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 17429 Posts

Roughly mid way through gen 7 when they stopped trying to compete on the games front, that's when they lost me.

Not complaining though, just one less box to buy. If they happen to put out a game that interests me, it'll likely be on PC too. It's funny, I have no interest in their consoles, yet in a way they're my favorite console maker because of it. Wish Nintendo and Sony would let me play their shit on PC too.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 61990 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: fax

Avatar image for deactivated-5e20304971dd5
deactivated-5e20304971dd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5e20304971dd5
Member since 2020 • 67 Posts

Lol the Booty interview wasn't even a blunder... Just cows only reading titles instead of articles.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1766 Posts

If you think Sony will have great games ready with the PS5 your dreaming. How many years does it take to make a good game, and with the new console it will take even longer.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45400 Posts

No one cares. People will buy Xbox because they want it, people will buy PS because they want it.

Don't kid yourselves, we are the minority, the people that actually care to argue about it.

Most people only care as far as price goes.

Anyway, MS biggest blunder (for me) was closing up their Combat Flight Sim division.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39999 Posts

MS biggest blunder for me was they stop being aggressive in the gaming department at the start of 2011 during the 360 era, MS really drop the ball and favoring Kinect as if it'll be the game changer and the whole motion wand gaming was losing it's steam as the times went on. And gamers wonder why & how PS3 catch up to them, because MS let it happened and stop competing aggressively. Xbox One reveal was really the final nail in the coffin and Sony just took advantage of the situation. Can't say I blame Sony for that, it's fair game in the competition.

At the end of the day, at least MS will always have my thanks for letting me play their games on my PC and that's as much MS support as they'll ever get from me. No more buying an Xbox console when I have a PC.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 24899 Posts

The Xbox One launch. Total miscalculation.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 6730 Posts

@davillain-: 25million or so Kinect sold by 2013, it just make sense at the time for xbox to focus on that. What a blunder Kinect has become.

SaltSlasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SaltSlasher
Member since 2015 • 1433 Posts

Its weird how badly simple things completely butthurts people. Everyone knows both PS4 and One sucked ass at launch, but people got way way way too butt hurt over what happened, and still holding grudges against MS when they fixed things by following holiday, which is when I got a One, cause PS4 still sucked ass.

It's crazy how a simple little quote is like the biggest news and everyone blowing it out of proportion as if they want Xbox to fall, its pretty sad and pathetic, but not surprising since most people still think Xbox is stuck in 2013. Its whack especially since people are believing every good rumor about PS5 when we haven't heard from Sony in like 2 years...like people think they'll be playing PS1 and PS3 discs on PS5.

As Xbox user, I'm looking forward to the seamless transition into 9th generation, and could care less if every game plays on my X, it will just be even more incentive to keep it, which I will.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 25018 Posts

Original Xbox controller being designed for giants.
360 being built by monkeys.
Kinect being forced down people's throats.
The names they give their consoles.
The non utilization of aquired developers.
Windows Vista.

I'm not sure. There's much to choose from. But as a PC gamer who don't care for shits about Xbox, probably Windows Vista.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 13629 Posts

Mattrick was way worse. Booty isn't actively telling people not to get a Series X. He's just saying they'll make cross gen titles for a while before they cut off the old boxes. Mattrick wanted people to go online or don't but the Xbox One.

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#19 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4613 Posts

I still find it strange people still scape goat Mattrick, he follows orders from above, they all do.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 14006 Posts

@ProtossRushX: So you claim to be a PC/Switch gamer and here you are talking about PS5 & Xbox.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39999 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

Mattrick was way worse. Booty isn't actively telling people not to get a Series X. He's just saying they'll make cross gen titles for a while before they cut off the old boxes. Mattrick wanted people to go online or don't but the Xbox One.

Mattrick was ahead of his time and he jump the whole go online way too soon and the world wasn't ready for that. It's pretty much why Sony always stated PS4 was always going to be a gaming console with little to do with go online.

@sakaixx said:

@davillain-: 25million or so Kinect sold by 2013, it just make sense at the time for xbox to focus on that. What a blunder Kinect has become.

25 million Kinect sold is good & all, but we the gamers didn't ask for MS to continue with Kinect after the 360 ended.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2195 Posts

E3 2013 followed closely by RRoD.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 51489 Posts

This entire gen. Game pass is alright, and I would've put up backwards compatibility as a plus, but they dropped that faster than Playstation cuts multiplayer servers.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 5822 Posts

Opting for 8gb DDR3 and 32mb eSRAM instead of 8gb GDDR5 for the X1.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1804 Posts

@rrjim1: “how many years does it take to make a good game”

In Xbox’s case everyone’s still waiting after 6+ years

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 13629 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Mattrick was ahead of his time and he jump the whole go online way too soon and the world wasn't ready for that. It's pretty much why Sony always stated PS4 was always going to be a gaming console with little to do with go online.

I don't think mandatory online will ever be popular. Even with streaming services, companies have to make offline downloads available. And it wasn't for any feature specifically, it was literally to make sure you weren't a pirate. There was no consumer benefit.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clone01
Member since 2003 • 27656 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@davillain- said:
@Zero_epyon said:

I don't think mandatory online will ever be popular. Even with streaming services, companies have to make offline downloads available. And it wasn't for any feature specifically, it was literally to make sure you weren't a pirate. There was no consumer benefit.

I agree. There's just too many situations where a user doesn't have reliable online access.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 5612 Posts

A lot of people don't seem to think it matters, but it matters to me that there are no next gen exclusives at launch. It might not be as big of a deal as I'm making it out to be in my head, and if that winds up being the case then that's cool, but the other things they did/said in the past they either fixed or did away with altogether. I don't know if that's because they listen to their fanbase or because their bottom line was being hurt, and I don't really care. All I care about is that they get it right one way or the other. It's not like a blunder here or there is going to put MS out of business anytime soon. I do know that I want them to succeed, and I don't care one bit whether MS or SONY has more sales as long as it's close. The closer things are the more both of them will keep pushing. If another large divide happens then I feel either of the two will just coast for the last couple/few years like I feel SONY has done this gen.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#29 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 36585 Posts

LOL at only 7% against Series X non exclusive games. The loud minority has been owned. Time to pad them votes.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19709 Posts

Lol, geez you cows are extra rabid lately. Wow.

It has to be the rumour about XSX being significantly more powerful than PS5... It's turning your brains in mush.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 63 Posts

Not a fan of Microsoft but not a fair comparison either

The always online thing was an aberration. the moment they announced it a huge number of people decided against buying the console.

The new strategy of having only cross platform titles the first year has good and bad things. It’s probably meant to not exclude the people that just bought an Xbox 1 x for the price of a new console, and it makes sense from that point of view.

The main problem with it is that all first year titles will have to also run on the extremely slow cpu of the previous generation so programmer will still be very limited in some gameplay mechanics (like better AI and more npcs), but I don’t think the graphics will be affected, so at least there is that .

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3794 Posts

This one, TV, TV, TV, TV ,TV, sports,sports, sports,sports,Call of Duty,Call of Duty,Call of Duty,Call of Duty,Call of Duty.

Loading Video...
PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 2870 Posts

The biggest blunder is getting ghost to hype Halo Infinite.