Which system you don't own is most appealing to you?

  • 57 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Big_Red_Button
Big_Red_Button

6094

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

Now, we're all a bunch of arrogant, self important pricks who slavishly defend tech companies who don't actually care about us. Now, I can hear some of you thinking, "that doesn't describe me at all! I'm a quality poster!" Come on, it's okay.

But, outside of the consoles we are shameless consumer whores for, which one would you be most willing to get?

For example, I'm a die hard PC mustard race fellow, but the Wii U has a lot of stuff I wanna play. The other consoles have almost nothing I'm interested in (other than Bloodborne), but Wii U has some awesome Platinum games and all those Nintendo franchises that are consistently good and they push local multiplayer so that I can play them with my many, many, incredibly attractive and successful friends.

Avatar image for pook99
pook99

915

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 pook99
Member since 2014 • 915 Posts

I am like you, I am a PC gamer but if I ever do buy a console it will be the wii U. I love nintendo franchises and the other consoles have no exclusives worth owning.

Avatar image for speedfog
speedfog

4965

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#3 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4965 Posts

The 3DS, I just wish I bought one before but now I have too many games to play already.

Avatar image for clyde46
clyde46

49061

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

The X1, coz Forza. Thats why I'm getting one tomorrow. I'm a sucker for racing games but the PS4 doesn't have GT yet.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
blueinheaven

5465

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5465 Posts

I play on PC, PS4 and Xbox One and have no desire to buy a Wii U (I thought that would change with Xenoblade X but reviews aren't good) though I keep nearly buying a Vita just for Persona Golden.

You would think I would learn having bought the X1 just for MCC but no, I never learn. Ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

8822

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

N3DS, muahahahaha.

Avatar image for vvulturas
vvulturas

1249

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

The N3DS. I will also eventually grab a One, as I love Forza to death, but there's not enough incentive to go out and purchase that just yet.

Avatar image for enzyme36
enzyme36

5135

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5135 Posts

Man I remember being really jealous of the Neo-Geo as a kid...

Today tho, if I really want something to play, I would just cop it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

7221

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#9 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Ps4, but it's still not worth it yet.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
hrt_rulz01

21067

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 21067 Posts

Hmmm, I wouldn't mind a PS4 as it has a few games that I really want to play... but I still don't think it's worth the $$$. Same with Wii U actually.

But I'd probably say Wii U.

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

40140

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 40140 Posts

right now have a Wii U and Xbox One and 3DS, I'd say say PS4, as it's the last of current gen consoles I need to get

Avatar image for outworld222
outworld222

3435

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#12 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 3435 Posts

PS4. The Last of US remastered and Journey look like excellent games.

Avatar image for Gue1
Gue1

12171

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#13 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

The PS4 of-course. There is no competition this gen.

Avatar image for nyadc
NyaDC

8006

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#14 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

I own everything, I want for nothing.

Avatar image for trugs26
trugs26

7537

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7537 Posts

So I'm choosing between PS4 and Xbox One.

Basically, I'm choosing based off exclusives. And Xbox One seems to have more of those.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
Cloud_imperium

15142

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15142 Posts

Right now, it's Xbox One. I currently own Gaming PC.

Avatar image for osan0
osan0

16449

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 16449 Posts

my next PC :P.

seriously though the PS4 is starting to look a bit temping now with gravity rush 2. i have a wiiu, vita and 3DS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

1697

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

Nvidia Shield.

Avatar image for thehig1
thehig1

7480

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#19 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7480 Posts

Im a PC gamer, the x1 was the console I would have considered buying to ay halo 5, and the new tomb raider.

Im gonna wait it out for a while see what happens with cross play, if theres no chance of them being playable thpugh pc ill get an x1

Avatar image for Demonjoe93
Demonjoe93

9869

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 107

User Lists: 0

#20 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I really am interested in many of the games on the Wii-U, but I don't want to spent $250 (or whatever the current price of it is currently) on a console with a relatively tiny library and not much of a future.

Avatar image for Legend002
Legend002

13405

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#21 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Apple Tv looks mighty nice. I just might trade in my Xbone for one since it is useless to me anyway.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
blueinheaven

5465

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#22 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5465 Posts

@thehig1 said:

Im a PC gamer, the x1 was the console I would have considered buying to ay halo 5, and the new tomb raider.

Im gonna wait it out for a while see what happens with cross play, if theres no chance of them being playable thpugh pc ill get an x1

Halo 5 will hopefully deliver but the Halo MCC collection on Xbox One is just amazing. I still can't believe what they did with Halo 2.

I doubt you'll play either MCC or Halo 5 or even Tomb Raider through cross play though ROTTR is coming to PC not too long after Xbox One if that's a big deal for you.

Avatar image for M8ingSeezun
M8ingSeezun

2313

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

PS3 gamer here and still playing my PS3.

I want a PS4, but I see no reason to buy one, just yet. I'm waiting for a 1tb version, or a glacial white version, with slimmer "innards.".

I'll wait to see in the coming months or this holiday.

Avatar image for BassMan
BassMan

14140

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 0

#25  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 14140 Posts

I have everything except for the Nintendo Wii consoles which due not interest me. Mainly due to shit hardware, rehashes and lack of quality titles like Zelda and a worthy Mario platformer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

9317

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#26 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I've PC and PS4. The WiiU interests me ONLY because of Bayonetta 2 but I'm not willing to burn $300 for one game only. Xbox has nothing of interest thus far. QB looks interesting though

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

173739

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#27 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 173739 Posts

If they appeal to me....I buy them.

Avatar image for Big_Red_Button
Big_Red_Button

6094

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#28 Big_Red_Button
Member since 2005 • 6094 Posts

@Demonjoe93: This is how I feel about PS4 and Xbox One.

Wii U has maybe 10 games I think I'd get a lot out of...

The 4 and the bone have nothing at all. PS4 has Bloodborne, which as a huge Souls fan is extremely appealing, but that's it. People always cite all of these exclusives and every single one just looks like garbage. Like, yay, another Uncharted game, so I can play the same third person shooter and shitty platformer again and retread the same plot from the last two games. Oh boy, a new Halo game that doesn't have any of the magic that made the old games good. Where do I sign up!?

Avatar image for guard12
guard12

2018

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts

Probably the Xbox One for Forza and Tomb Raider.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

14157

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#30 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14157 Posts

@Big_Red_Button said:

Now, we're all a bunch of arrogant, self important pricks who slavishly defend tech companies who don't actually care about us. Now, I can hear some of you thinking, "that doesn't describe me at all! I'm a quality poster!" Come on, it's okay.

But, outside of the consoles we are shameless consumer whores for, which one would you be most willing to get?

For example, I'm a die hard PC mustard race fellow, but the Wii U has a lot of stuff I wanna play. The other consoles have almost nothing I'm interested in (other than Bloodborne), but Wii U has some awesome Platinum games and all those Nintendo franchises that are consistently good and they push local multiplayer so that I can play them with my many, many, incredibly attractive and successful friends.

My trollometer just exploded.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

173739

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 173739 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:
@Big_Red_Button said:

Now, we're all a bunch of arrogant, self important pricks who slavishly defend tech companies who don't actually care about us. Now, I can hear some of you thinking, "that doesn't describe me at all! I'm a quality poster!" Come on, it's okay.

But, outside of the consoles we are shameless consumer whores for, which one would you be most willing to get?

For example, I'm a die hard PC mustard race fellow, but the Wii U has a lot of stuff I wanna play. The other consoles have almost nothing I'm interested in (other than Bloodborne), but Wii U has some awesome Platinum games and all those Nintendo franchises that are consistently good and they push local multiplayer so that I can play them with my many, many, incredibly attractive and successful friends.

My trollometer just exploded.

lol. I didn't pay attention after the first line to his post until you quoted and bolded.

Avatar image for GarGx1
GarGx1

10934

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#32 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

As of right now, none of the consoles appeal to me, which is why I don't own any gen 8 at all.

The Xbox One has the more appealing games for me coming over the next year but I'll wait and see how many of them get announced for PC as well.

Avatar image for longclaw360
Longclaw360

115

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33 Longclaw360
Member since 2015 • 115 Posts

If it appeals to me in any way then I buy it, so I own all of them.

Avatar image for pimphand_gamer
PimpHand_Gamer

3038

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#34 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3038 Posts

Wii U. I also find the Neo Geo and Amiga 500 still appealing and wouldn't mind having any of those. Other than that I pretty much own everything else I want...actually need to get rid of some stuff since I never play them anymore.

Avatar image for thehig1
thehig1

7480

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#35 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7480 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@thehig1 said:

Im a PC gamer, the x1 was the console I would have considered buying to ay halo 5, and the new tomb raider.

Im gonna wait it out for a while see what happens with cross play, if theres no chance of them being playable thpugh pc ill get an x1

Halo 5 will hopefully deliver but the Halo MCC collection on Xbox One is just amazing. I still can't believe what they did with Halo 2.

I doubt you'll play either MCC or Halo 5 or even Tomb Raider through cross play though ROTTR is coming to PC not too long after Xbox One if that's a big deal for you.

I love the new style Tomb Raider, theres a chance I wont wait for PC release and get an X1 when its released.

Avatar image for Pikminmaniac
Pikminmaniac

11456

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#36 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11456 Posts

I own a Wii U and PS4.... So their's only one console option left. Or can I pick PC?

Avatar image for razik
Razik

965

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#37 Razik
Member since 2015 • 965 Posts

An ipad since i own all the consoles, handheld's and PC

Hearthstone on ipad in bed sounds good

Avatar image for emgesp
emgesp

7834

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#38  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7834 Posts

Right now I would say Sega Saturn.

In terms of this generation of consoles I'm just fine with my PS4. I might get an XB1 later down the road if there are enough worthwhile exclusives.

As far as the Wii U is concerned, I wouldn't keep it if it was given to me for free.

Avatar image for pimphand_gamer
PimpHand_Gamer

3038

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#39 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3038 Posts

@emgesp said:

Right now I would say Sega Saturn.

In terms of this generation of consoles I'm just fine with my PS4. I might get an XB1 later down the road if there are enough worthwhile exclusives.

As far as the Wii U is concerned, I wouldn't keep it if it was given to me for free.

Why Saturn? I mean what is it about that system that appeals to you? I know they had a few gems for sure but most of their titles...imo of course, were a bit lacking or poorly done for their time.

Avatar image for emgesp
emgesp

7834

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#41 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7834 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:
@emgesp said:

Right now I would say Sega Saturn.

In terms of this generation of consoles I'm just fine with my PS4. I might get an XB1 later down the road if there are enough worthwhile exclusives.

As far as the Wii U is concerned, I wouldn't keep it if it was given to me for free.

Why Saturn? I mean what is it about that system that appeals to you? I know they had a few gems for sure but most of their titles...imo of course, were a bit lacking or poorly done for their time.

One word, importing. The Sega Saturn's Japanese library is very impressive.

Avatar image for mr_huggles_dog
Mr_Huggles_dog

7805

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#42 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

WiiU.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

173739

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#43 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 173739 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:
@emgesp said:

Right now I would say Sega Saturn.

In terms of this generation of consoles I'm just fine with my PS4. I might get an XB1 later down the road if there are enough worthwhile exclusives.

As far as the Wii U is concerned, I wouldn't keep it if it was given to me for free.

Why Saturn? I mean what is it about that system that appeals to you? I know they had a few gems for sure but most of their titles...imo of course, were a bit lacking or poorly done for their time.

Don't slag off the Saturn.

Avatar image for darklight4
darklight4

2094

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#44 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

Pc for me, hopefully this time next year I'll have a nice rig under my tv. I have gamed on pc before but it mainly was used for college work. Games like Xcom 2 and total war warhammer are reasons why I want a pc as well as the other benefits.

I own a ps4, ps3 and N64. If I am to add X1 to the collection MS needs to come up with something better than what they got already.

Avatar image for Whiteblade999
Whiteblade999

5847

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#45 Whiteblade999
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

I wouldn't mind playing Bloodborne, but like hell I'm buying a console for 1 game.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

18733

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#46 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Right now, the Wiiu

Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

961

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#47 deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

Gamecube or PS3

Avatar image for LegatoSkyheart
LegatoSkyheart

29733

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#48 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Both PS4 and Xbox One appeal to me in someway.

PS4 has Bloodborne and better version of DOA5LR, Uncharted 4 and Destiny.

Xbox One has Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive and the Rare Collection so There's reasons to own them, but I don't want to spend $500 on each system just yet.

Avatar image for SOedipus
SOedipus

13518

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#49 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 13518 Posts

None. I have everything I want.

Avatar image for SexyJazzCat
SexyJazzCat

2796

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#50 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

3DS I guess.