Which PS4 game is most likely to flop?

• 77 results
jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Which PS4 game is most likely to flop? (93 votes)

God of War 5%
Spiderman 12%
Detroit: Become Human 33%
Days Gone 44%
The Last of Us: Part II 5%

Got to give it to Days Gone seeing as how it looks like it's trying to hard to be a TLOU spin off. Also this is the first time Sony Bend has made a console game in well over a decade.

(Didn't count Dreams because it's too niche or Death Stranding because it's most likely to not release this year)

• 
Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#51 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24847 Posts

@johnmclane26 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Spiderman. making exclusive game based on worst super hero of all time and ultimately put too many QTEs in it, with batman arkham one button combat. if that is not faliure written than i dont know what is.

To many qte's are you basing your opinion on the 10 minute e3 demo?

as for batman one buttton combat.....

counter with Triangle, attack with square, double jump press x twice, cape stun with circle, super cape stun circle x3, grapple enemy R2 + triangle, explosive R2 + square, shoot electrical bolt R2 + circle. there can be more to the combat if you choose so.

which playing batman. i was click click click, then counter then click.

arkham games in nutshell.

Johnmclane26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Johnmclane26
Member since 2016 • 255 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@johnmclane26 said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Spiderman. making exclusive game based on worst super hero of all time and ultimately put too many QTEs in it, with batman arkham one button combat. if that is not faliure written than i dont know what is.

To many qte's are you basing your opinion on the 10 minute e3 demo?

as for batman one buttton combat.....

counter with Triangle, attack with square, double jump press x twice, cape stun with circle, super cape stun circle x3, grapple enemy R2 + triangle, explosive R2 + square, shoot electrical bolt R2 + circle. there can be more to the combat if you choose so.

which playing batman. i was click click click, then counter then click.

arkham games in nutshell.

Well then you chose to play it like that your choice there are plenty of other attacking options then just a punch and i would be surprised if your just clicking when the enemy's have different ability's as you get further into the game.

Yeah in a nutshell i suppose other than the fantastic characters and story, the awesome stealth sections, the detail that goes into each location asylum city and even Knight but lets just sum up the best ever selling super hero games to the fact you clicked in combat.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#53 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24847 Posts
@johnmclane26 said:

Well then you chose to play it like that your choice there are plenty of other attacking options then just a punch and i would be surprised if your just clicking when the enemy's have different ability's as you get further into the game.

Yeah in a nutshell i suppose other than the fantastic characters and story, the awesome stealth sections, the detail that goes into each location asylum city and even Knight but lets just sum up the best ever selling super hero games to the fact you clicked in combat.

they are best super hero game of all time because rest of superhero games suck. superman games has been bad, even superman 64 consider worst game of all time. spiderman game have been suck always and new one looks joke of the game.

that remain batman arkham games. arkham asylum was praised because it was first ever good batman game plus first ever good super hero game.

Johnmclane26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Johnmclane26
Member since 2016 • 255 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

they are best super hero game of all time because rest of superhero games suck. superman games has been bad, even superman 64 consider worst game of all time. spiderman game have been suck always and new one looks joke of the game.

that remain batman arkham games. arkham asylum was praised because it was first ever good batman game plus first ever good super hero game.

Yeah i agree alot of super hero games do suck i think thats because a lot of them are lazy ass movie tie-ins that need to come out around the same time as the movie.

The Arkham games had nothing to do with the movies and those arkham games stand up against some of the best games in general not just super hero genre.

I'm not going to judge the spiderman game untill i play it or see more gameplay But i think it can only be a good thing that its not some lazy movie tie-in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#55 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Commercialy or criticaly?

Comercialy:

Out of those I think only Detroit Become Human can (not saying it will) flop. People got tired of these "multiple choices/QTE" riddled videogames. The recent flops of Telltale Games point at that.

But without counting those then Dreams is the one I think it'll flop sales wise. Looks unique but idk it'll have the legs to push some good sales, sadly

Criticaly:

Days Gone. I dont see yet another zombie game that, by the looks of it, doesnt present anything new getting good scores

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@metalboi said:

Detroit because its star is a known racist

?

Tommy2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Tommy2X
Member since 2007 • 58 Posts

@UssjTrunks: Let me guess. You have a 5000$ Uber PC setup and it outputs 12000K at 600FPS. OK. Why bother coming to this section to spout off about how nothing is good enough for you. Change your name to Sir Dorkalot.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

No idea, all look great.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

None. Maybe Days Gone but I doubt it by the reviewers.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@Tommy2X said:

@UssjTrunks: Let me guess. You have a 5000$ Uber PC setup and it outputs 12000K at 600FPS. OK. Why bother coming to this section to spout off about how nothing is good enough for you. Change your name to Sir Dorkalot.

It's system wars. It just so happens that PC is the best system.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@metalboi said:
@Vatusus said:
@metalboi said:

Detroit because its star is a known racist

?

Here's Jesse William's racist rant at the BET awards:

And here's a critical assessment of it:

Hum, didnt know bout that... thats pretty terrible. I'll be avoiding that game not because of what some idiot said in a worthless award show but because I dont like these types of games. Beyond Two Souls was pretty terrible and I dont see this one being good either.

I wish Sony stops giving money to Quantic Dreams, honestly. Their games are pretty terrible

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#64 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

detroit. i hope to god it flops critically but i know it won't because heavy rain and beyond were somehow lauded as masterpieces.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

where is the none option?

They are all genre defining, limousine riding, AAA exclusives.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55899 Posts

@princeofshapeir said:

detroit. i hope to god it flops critically but i know it won't because heavy rain and beyond were somehow lauded as masterpieces.

Giving the fact Detroit is another David Cage game. His games keep selling over a million units and Sony keeps giving him Millions of dollars budgets to make new games, obviously he is doing something right even if you don't like his style.

To me, David Cage talks too much. I call him, M. Night Shyamalan of games. I don't hate him in general, I did enjoy his previous games so I hope Detroit turns out to be good and I do love Sci-Fi stuff with Androids & Human morals stuff.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22369 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

where is the none option?

They are all genre defining, limousine riding, AAA exclusives.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

None of them for me i am excited for all of them

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

There has been a lot of negativity around Detroit which disappoints me after my favorite ps3 game is Heavy Rain.

Tommy2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Tommy2X

@UssjTrunks: Yeah, I know. But they were talking about what game(s) may flop. Not which system is best. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I always felt that arguing over what system is best was a moot point anyway. And if the PC is the best platform, which is largely subjective when you consider what your comparing. Is it graphics, Frames per second, version of whatever multiplatform game, exclusive, etc, etc. So considering some people will just automatically say they think every game on another platform is shit as a justification to show that their said platform of choice is best is rather idiotic. Just pointing out the obvious.

Tommy2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Tommy2X

@metalboi: That was a bit much I think. But consider the forum he's addressing. But I'm curious to know, does he think the film "Get Out" was an actual thing that happened? Sure sounds that way. LOL. I'll enjoy the game anyway as his opinion is relatively commonplace among some activist groups of actors. To each his own.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6072 Posts

I only game on X1,but I hope none of them flop,it's not good for the industry. I would hope that all consoles have Great games of their own. Why would I want games to fail?Seriously?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Without a doubt Days Gone. Looks terrible.

Also Detroit looks pretty garbage as well, but its hard to show a game like that off so hard to say at this stage.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts

I would say Days Gone. That's going by a review score, though. Doesn't mean it won't be a good game.

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#75 Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

Detroit is my most anticipated ps4 game. I loved Heavy Rain, so I'm one of those fans of that team. Not everyones cup of tea though.

Honestly, Days Gone By. It seems a bit generic, yet something also tells me it might be a shocker. I did not expect The Last of US to be one of the greatest games of all time. Who knows.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#76 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

None of them can flop because not all are hyped AAA, or will even. Except if we have something utterly broken and really flops like Last of Us 2.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10597 Posts

@UssjTrunks:

Your opinion, of course.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78  Edited By AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

I hope the new God of War flops - maybe they'll change it back to good old fashioned God of War. I feel like this new direction is a slap in the face for people who liked the originals by turning a series about decapitating and dismembering enemies into some touchy feely garbage ......... but since critics eat that S**T up it's unlikely.

I want Spiderman to be good , I'm hoping it's more then just Arkham with a Spiderman skin though. I thought Sunset Overdrive was great and that kinda raised my expectations for this game - but for now I'm skeptical.

Don't know much about or care for the others.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Poll is biased, I mean where is the option for all of the above :P

EDIT: seriously the one with the most gameplay will flop, think about that for a second.

Yeah Nioh, Persona 5 and Nier were all massive flops weren't they? Seriously, think before you post. Or maybe just start with 'think'? Baby steps...

I predict Days Gone will flop simply because it has a complete douchebag in the main role and the gameplay is 'dude kills millions and millions of zombies because they are there' the game looks seriously bad.