Which particular video game are you most hyped for in 2018?

• 125 results
rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@aigis said:
@heirren said:

@aigis:

Quality was on the wiiu, believe it or not. Going by your logic the wiiu should not have been a failed product. You are basing your argument on an absolute; that Zelda guarantees a successful product. Hypothetically speaking, if skyward Sword was put in place of breath of the Wild as a launch Zelda game, people would not be going ape shit for the switch.

The wuu had a terrible launch for a lot of different reasons, the main one being a poor marketing campaign, and I say this as a wuu owner. People dont like the switch because BotW, they like it because the hardware is actually neat for once and they made a good push for not having droughts. If SS were on the switch people would go crazy for it, the critical reception for SS on media sources were very warm, 93 metacritic. Would it get panned by fans still? Probably, but it was not a risk, people would still buy it and a switch to play it. Zelda games sell, its not indicative of its quality, but there is no doubt you are shipping units

^ This , people still think Switch is selling because of 1-2 games? it really isn't ... sure that is a big part, but the biggest part, and the reason I like it so much, is that this is "Handheld gaming done right" for what I feel is the first time ever. It feels 1:1 with with a full console experience on the go. It merges to markets into 1.

I have pleanty of indie games on PC? I've bought a few of them again on Switch because they are the kind of games that suit a small screen when I'm relaxing. When I'm sitting at my PC however... I'd be playing something else.

Tons of Japanese support moving forward.

Console + 3DS library moving forward.

This was never just "Hur dur I NEED ZELDA!" I could Emulate it or buy it for my dust collecting Wii U if that mattered.

I broke down and purchase one just for Zelda so your wrong and I could care less about using it as a handheld.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f997be0dd5ae
deactivated-5f997be0dd5ae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By deactivated-5f997be0dd5ae
Member since 2017 • 58 Posts

There was no such game during the last 5 years, that i was "hyped" about prior to release. I am just not too excited about new games anymore in general. Before I'd buy a knew expensive Triple AAA title for 50 or 60 bucks, I'd rather pull an good old timeless classic I haven't played for 3 or 4 years from the shelf and have a good time with that one, then get the AAA title a year later or two, through a steam sale or a bargain table. There are a couple of those "bargain"-titles in 2018 that I am quite curious about, namely...

Far Cry 5

Metro Exodus

the Secret of Mana-Remake

the Unreal Tournament-Reboot in April.

Apart from that I think 2018 would be just as boring as every other year since 2013, wouldn't it be for this one game:

THE NEW SYSTEM SHOCK.

I got System Shock 2 back in 1999 when it was released and since then it has been my favorite game of all time up until this very day. IF the new System Shock really comes out in 2018 and it's only half as good as System Shock 2 back in 1999, it's going to be the best game of the last 10 years.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#103 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321: critically its a risk, commercially it is not is my point

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@rrjim1 said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@aigis said:
@heirren said:

@aigis:

Quality was on the wiiu, believe it or not. Going by your logic the wiiu should not have been a failed product. You are basing your argument on an absolute; that Zelda guarantees a successful product. Hypothetically speaking, if skyward Sword was put in place of breath of the Wild as a launch Zelda game, people would not be going ape shit for the switch.

The wuu had a terrible launch for a lot of different reasons, the main one being a poor marketing campaign, and I say this as a wuu owner. People dont like the switch because BotW, they like it because the hardware is actually neat for once and they made a good push for not having droughts. If SS were on the switch people would go crazy for it, the critical reception for SS on media sources were very warm, 93 metacritic. Would it get panned by fans still? Probably, but it was not a risk, people would still buy it and a switch to play it. Zelda games sell, its not indicative of its quality, but there is no doubt you are shipping units

^ This , people still think Switch is selling because of 1-2 games? it really isn't ... sure that is a big part, but the biggest part, and the reason I like it so much, is that this is "Handheld gaming done right" for what I feel is the first time ever. It feels 1:1 with with a full console experience on the go. It merges to markets into 1.

I have pleanty of indie games on PC? I've bought a few of them again on Switch because they are the kind of games that suit a small screen when I'm relaxing. When I'm sitting at my PC however... I'd be playing something else.

This was never just "Hur dur I NEED ZELDA!" I could Emulate it or buy it for my dust collecting Wii U if that mattered.

I broke down and purchase one just for Zelda so your wrong and I could care less about using it as a handheld.

I'm wrong because there are exceptions?

Ok pal.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#105  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:
@rrjim1 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

Ok pal.

Im speechless with this statement

" It feels 1:1 with with a full console experience on the go. It merges to markets into 1. "

Lol ... Im smiling, facepalming and just starting to believe there was a serious reason behind the "sheep" nickname to Nintendo fans. Theres no other explanation.

1:1 with a full console experience on the go ? Hahaha!

Guys, from now on ( doing this for a while to be honest but for serious matters because i accused from some here playing the victim over various discussions ) i wont let such epic statements pass by. Ill screenshoting everything like that ( aside obvious trolling and butthurtism ), put them in a junk folder named Gamespot and use them after few months or when is appropriate ( because many times i want to shut some people down with their own statements but too lazy to search or others forgeting and calling me liar or talking out of my ass etc )because is hard to search every post one by one to find these kind of statements.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@AzatiS:

Yet the statement is 100% correct, as the switch will receive all the console centric software, along with the more portable 3ds side of things. This isn't opinion, it's fact.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@rrjim1 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

Ok pal.

Im speechless with this statement

" It feels 1:1 with with a full console experience on the go. It merges to markets into 1. "

Lol ... Im smiling, facepalming and just starting to believe there was a serious reason behind the "sheep" nickname to Nintendo fans. Theres no other explanation.

1:1 with a full console experience on the go ? Hahaha!

Guys, from now on ( doing this for a while to be honest but for serious matters because i accused from some here playing the victim over various discussions ) i wont let such epic statements pass by. Ill screenshoting everything like that ( aside obvious trolling and butthurtism ), put them in a junk folder named Gamespot and use them after few months or when is appropriate ( because many times i want to shut some people down with their own statements but too lazy to search or others forgeting and calling me liar or talking out of my ass etc )because is hard to search every post one by one to find these kind of statements.

Oh do tell me how my statment isn't correct:

1) It's the first handheld that has all the controller functionallity of a full console without being ultra cramped *cough* Vita *cough*

2) it's playing console games.

What further criteria do I need to be correct here?

Notice how console experience has NOTHING to do with graphics, who the f*ck cares about the console graphics experience?

BLN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 BLN1
Member since 2017 • 128 Posts

Fire Emblem Switch is honestly one of the only games I know is coming in 2018. The only other one I can think of is Project Octopath Traveler.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@aigis: but I don’t think it was stated whether we were discussing one or the other.

anhy78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By anhy78
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

I would like to play Super Smash Flash 2, Return Man 2, Monster Hunted Hunt, Spider Man, Days Gone, Monster Hunter World. Some of them i have already played at http://www.friv.plus/driving-games

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By AzatiS

@heirren said:

@AzatiS:

Yet the statement is 100% correct, as the switch will receive all the console centric software, along with the more portable 3ds side of things. This isn't opinion, it's fact.

Hahaha ! Well you are a nice troll cant take you seriously. You wont end up in my epic Gamespot screenshot folder. Try harder maybe something extraordinary thing youll say, that youre serious about, end up in there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@AzatiS:

LOL it's funny because it's everyone else that has a difficult time debating with you.... And they all view you as the troll.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By AzatiS

@heirren said:

@AzatiS:

LOL it's funny because it's everyone else that has a difficult time debating with you.... And they all view you as the troll.

Who is everyone else ? Butthurt sheep ? Of course they have a difficult time debating with me with the stupid things they saying when i countering them with either facts, common logic or things they said themselves once. And their reactions towards me, even i got banned from a well known sheep of this board first time in 13 years here because many mods are sheep nowdays ( then people wondering why this board is nowhere near to what it was in the past ), tells the whole story.

X sheep coming in System Wars, i repeat System wars forum, to either praise or troll or make a thread about Nintendo. Z guys having a different opinion, point of view, trolling back or just dont agree with the whole point = Omg the haters, gtfo, you are this, you are that, BAN BAN, your english, your mother is a ..... ( heard that too not from a sheep but i had to add that ) and so many other tragic things ive seen in this board the last few years, its so sad. Thats the story in a nuttshell in SW the last few years.

So, view me as you want i dont care !! Thats the last thing i care about in here and specially when it comes to sheep. Now go play with your handheld in a dock = console and have fun. Youre a good guy i can tell and a decent troll but you dont know many things happening or happened in here.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23706 Posts

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Out in January and has looked great from the moment it was announced.

Haven't really looked ahead beyond that. So many games, even if nothing released in 2018 I'd still be good lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: Just in time for my new arcade stick! :)

I wish I knew more about DBZ but I am still excited to play it. Also Krillin and Android 18 will be my first picks.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#117 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

RDR2 yakuza kiwami 2 yakuza 6 god of war ni no kuni 2 spiderman Detroit become human days gone shenmue 3 metro exodus kindoms hearts 3 darksiders 3 biomutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@AzatiS:

You don't debate because you don't counter the points people make. Valid or not, you address them and explain how/why you believe they are as such. You do not do this. Your rebuttal is "duuuuuuuhhhhh you wrong you fanboy Nintendo."

.... Also you take all this FAR too seriously.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#119  Edited By AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

Monster Hunter World.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By AzatiS

@heirren said:

@AzatiS:

You don't debate because you don't counter the points people make. Valid or not, you address them and explain how/why you believe they are as such. You do not do this. Your rebuttal is "duuuuuuuhhhhh you wrong you fanboy Nintendo."

.... Also you take all this FAR too seriously.

Beeeh, thats bad trolling again ! But ill answer to that.

I take all this far too seriously ? Hahaha ! Im not the one flagging people , not calling their mothers b"$$"s, calling out their girlfriends, want people banned over video games debates, calling people idiots because ( like you do right now ) trying to have fun or troll a bit ... ( i can prove everything im saying ) In fact i didnt even report those guys for talking epic shit.

So, in the end, if you cant take it leave System Wars and if different opinions or whatever making you that mad or sad or upset, just stop making threads or engage in System wars. Problem solved.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@AzatiS:

There's nothing troll related in what I had said.

As for the other things you said, it is a VIDEO GAME forum. How on earth things would ever escalate to that degree is beyond me.

pop2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122  Edited By pop2
Member since 2017 • 14 Posts

Dragon Quest XI For PS4 and Switch , Yoshi For Switch , Kingdom Hearts for PS4 , Star Citizen (No News Recently ) , Dreams For PS4 , Moss PS4 VR , Project Octopath Traveler For Switch And Lots Of indie Titles For PC And PS4

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#123 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

There's not a whole lot on my 2018 radar tbh.

Maybe System Shock 3 if it releases.

Otherwise I'm just doing a whole lot of catchup. There's plenty of gems from the the last 5 years or so that I haven't gotten round to playing yet.

TheGameWing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 TheGameWing
Member since 2017 • 20 Posts

Monster Hunter World and God of War

Lilseb93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Lilseb93
Member since 2015 • 392 Posts

Kingdom Hearts 3... I hope lol

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#126 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@indzman said:

CODE VEIN

Vampires check. Animu check. Challenging as any SOULS games check.

Very hyped for CODE VEIN on 2018.Hope it releases on Q1 2018.

wbu?

There can be only one RDR 2