• 56 results
skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

Edited By skipper847

Poll Which one Forza 7 or project cars 2 (46 votes)

Forza 7 72%
Project cars 2 28%

As seen as both coming very soon Project cars 2 Tomorrow and Forza 7 October 3. Ive played forza series be for but not project cars.

• 
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

FM7 takes the checkered flag with all other racers 10 or more laps down. :P

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

They both have amazing gameplay of round and round like the wheels on a bus.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

For racing simulation Project Cars by a landslide, for just having some fun I guess any is ok.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Forza 7 for me hands down. The franchise has easily been my favourite racing games ever since the first one came out and that doesn't look to be changing any time soon.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Hard to say. F6 is better than Pcars 2. Not sure how F7 will be, since all the Porsche will take the spotlght this year.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

FM7 is the obvious choice. Forza is the best racer ever, and if you play it, you'll realize how shit other racing sims are.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Different experiences. Forza is far more of a video game that lets you do batshit insane customizations to cars (in terms of performance and handling) and has much more proper progression and whatnot. Project CARS is a much more detailed racing sim that focuses on racing and driving. It's got a completely different set of objectives. It's not the best racing sim ever, but it's far more sim-like than Forza and is on the consoles while supports VR and whatnot on the PC.

Those who say Forza is a good racing sim are just incorrect. The driving physics and whatnot are tuned for a controller and to be more accessible. Even turning off all of the assists nets the game with a less-intense simulation. It's a series that's always been a video game first and racing game second and that's not a bad thing. That's always been the more popular approach (see Gran Truismo). Games that focus on the sim aspects of driving tend to be overwhelming for newcomers and stale for car enthusiasts since it lacks the gamey elements like customization and progression.

So I'm not going to pick one. It really comes down to your tastes. The original Project CARs had some rough edges that it looks like Project CARS 2 fixes so that could be the go-to racing sim now even on the PC.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I only played a little of PC, own the game, but haven't had the time to play it much.

Based on that and what I read about it, I believe it is a little more "simulation" in comparison to Forza, overall. I have no idea how content and features compare though, and that plays a huge part in a racer. Will have to read up on it more, its an interesting series but I prefer the accessibility of Forza to be honest and I know they are feature rich games which run on the dedicated Microsoft servers, online is where I play Forza a lot so Id have to test PC online to get an idea how it compares. Campaign seems robust. I like how the game starts you out with Go Karts. Controls are solid.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Forza 7 by a mile

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

I prefer simulation. So Project Cars 2 for me.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#11 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Racing enthusiasts will go for Project Cars 2 because it's an excellent simulation of racing and having the career experience of a real world race driver.

Forza isn't about being an exact replication of real life races. But it aims to be a much better video game, and it succeeds wildly. The customization and progression make it much more enjoyable to a wider audience (Me included)

Kavy777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kavy777
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

Forza7 looks amazing and they never dissapoint.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

But GT Sport will sell MILLIONS

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Cows are desperate lmao

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

GT Sports

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tigerbalm

A racing game is the pinnacle of a console exclusives for 2 years in a row by default.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts
@tigerbalm said:

GT Sports

Lmao... thanks, I needed a laugh.

Anyway, going on the last entries in the series for both, I definitely preferred FM6. I didn't like the first Project Cars, mainly because it felt horrible to drive using a controller... but I've heard that this is supposed to be improved in the second one.

But Forza has never disappointed me.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tigerbalm

@hrt_rulz01: I honestly don't care what you think.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#19  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17805 Posts

I will get them both, but I am holding off on Project Cars 2 until they iron out bugs and technical issues. I also recommend anybody who plays on PC with a wheel to get Assetto Corsa. That game has the best driving feel of any game I have played.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hrt_rulz01

@tigerbalm: Lol ok, child. Maybe next time don't post a game that the OP didn't even list. Especially one that is looking as lame as GT Sport.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

PCars 2 for VR support. I can't play racing games on a flat screen any more. It feels last-gen to me.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BassMan

@Shewgenja said:

PCars 2 for VR support. I can't play racing games on a flat screen any more. It feels last-gen to me.

I have the Oculus Rift and I tried it with Project Cars and Assetto Corsa. It was cool, but I prefer to play with my racing rig in front of a big 4K TV. The low resolution of VR headsets ruins the immersion for games that demand clarity. When you can't see the road and cars ahead clearly, that is a big problem.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

I prefer simulation. So Project Cars 2 for me.

Same. I'm not too much of a fan of the way Forza games handle. They are still excellent games just not my cup of tea.

PCars 2 will also have VR support so it will be an automatic purchase for me just like the original was.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Alucard_Prime

On a side note it's definitely an amazing time for racing fans. Earlier in the year we received critically acclaimed Dirt 4 & Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Forza 7 might be the best Forza Motorsport game ever created, because it represents a culmination of everything that came before it and it will have both content and features along with a juicy graphical upgrade.

Project Cars is a relative newcomer and was created by passionate fans, the first game is well received and good luck to them on the 2nd, they've got stiff competition so they need to do something to distinguish themselves, and their focus on Sim is surely an aspect many people will Appreciate.

Then you have Gran Tourismo coming back into the scene, I enjoyed this series on the PS2 and it will be interesting to see what it brings to the table today. I was reading earlier about an exclusive McLaren Prototype car that will be featured in the game, looking forward to seeing the full roster.

And with the extra options like VR, there are just so many choices now for racing game fans, different ways to experience the genre. I'll try to support stuff outside of Forza but it will keep me busy for a while, and I'm not even done with Horizon 3 yet. It's interesting reminiscing about this genre and my days in the Arcades and looking where we are at today, good times ahead.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zero_epyon

@Alucard_Prime said:

On a side note it's definitely an amazing time for racing fans. Earlier in the year we received critically acclaimed Dirt 4 & Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Forza 7 might be the best Forza Motorsport game ever created, because it represents a culmination of everything that came before it and it will have both content and features along with a juicy graphical upgrade.

Project Cars is a relative newcomer and was created by passionate fans, the first game is well received and good luck to them on the 2nd, they've got stiff competition so they need to do something to distinguish themselves, and their focus on Sim is surely an aspect many people will Appreciate.

Then you have Gran Tourismo coming back into the scene, I enjoyed this series on the PS2 and it will be interesting to see what it brings to the table today. I was reading earlier about an exclusive McLaren Prototype car that will be featured in the game, looking forward to seeing the full roster.

And with the extra options like VR, there are just so many choices now for racing game fans, different ways to experience the genre. I'll try to support stuff outside of Forza but it will keep me busy for a while, and I'm not even done with Horizon 3 yet. It's interesting reminiscing about this genre and my days in the Arcades and looking where we are at today, good times ahead.

I'm really curious to see how PC2 pulls off snow in addition to all the other weather related upgrades they've made.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

Try out F1-2017, such an under appreciated racer.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zero_epyon

@VERTIGO47 said:

Is there a demo?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Alucard_Prime

@Zero_epyon: That will be interesting to see, always enjoy seeing how snow is done in racers and some of their promo pics in the snow look really cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-5f26ed7cf0697
Member since 2002 • 7110 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@VERTIGO47 said:

Is there a demo?

It's already out, but I'm not sure about the demo

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

@tigerbalm said:

GT Sports

lol Gran Turismo Sport is a joke. Lets see them side by side

Loading Video...

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

@tigerbalm said:

GT Sports

lol here is another comparison video

Loading Video...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

@CanYouDiglt: other than graphics, are we supposed to be looking for some drastic difference?

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Wizard
Member since 2015 • 940 Posts

With Forza's car list I don't really think Project Cars comes close. I don't think Forza is the best "driving game" per se but it has the most cars, a lot of options, and a great community. 4k HDR is just the icing on the cake.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@VERTIGO47 said:

I'm definitely keen to get this too (I played the sh** out of 2016), but I heard the screen tearing is just as bad in this years' game... so I'm waiting to play it on X maybe early next year.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I hear Forza 7 is a step backwards to the series, whereas Project Cars 2 looks to be big leap forwards, and an amazing game all round.

Avatar image for deactivated-6079d224de716
deactivated-6079d224de716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6079d224de716
Member since 2009 • 2567 Posts

I'd get both, but the only selling point of Forza 7 for me is local coop, but since it's not in the PC version, I'll pass. Project Cars 2 look like a much more impressive game and I loved the first one.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@VERTIGO47 said:

I'm definitely keen to get this too (I played the sh** out of 2016), but I heard the screen tearing is just as bad in this years' game... so I'm waiting to play it on X maybe early next year.

DO NOT buy F1 2017, it is not worth the money and the 9 it got on her (gamespots reviews really are the worst) the screen tearing is bad, really bad, in both the SP & MP.

Not only that, but codies couldn't even code (yet they call themselves codemasters lol) the game to track stats properly, so instead of just fixing it, they reset everyone's stats AND reset everyone's online rank, which had nothing to do with the screwed up stats, and they cost me 30hrs of game time.

Seriously codies don't deserve money for this.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BassMan

@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@VERTIGO47 said:

DO NOT buy F1 2017, it is not worth the money and the 9 it got on her (gamespots reviews really are the worst) the screen tearing is bad, really bad, in both the SP & MP.

Not only that, but codies couldn't even code (yet they call themselves codemasters lol) the game to track stats properly, so instead of just fixing it, they reset everyone's stats AND reset everyone's online rank, which had nothing to do with the screwed up stats, and they cost me 30hrs of game time.

That is why you don't buy it on console. Playing it on PC would eliminate the issues you have with it (not sure about that stats thing on PC).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@VERTIGO47 said:

That is why you don't buy it on console. Playing it on PC would eliminate the issues you have with it (not sure about that stats thing on PC).

Don't blame consoles for codies inability to live up to their namesake. And they are still patching the shit out of the game on all formats Stop smoking that PC peace pipe.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BassMan

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@VERTIGO47 said:

Don't blame consoles for codies inability to live up to their namesake. And they are still patching the shit out of the game on all formats Stop smoking that PC peace pipe.

It sucks that the game is not optimized properly on consoles, but you can avoid the screen tearing and performance issues on PC. On consoles you are shit out of luck and are at the mercy of the developer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

It sucks that the game is not optimized properly on consoles, but you can avoid the screen tearing and performance issues on PC. On consoles you are shit out of luck and are at the mercy of the developer.

Yes but at what cost?

So how well would the game run on PC that cost the same price as say an XB1, better, the same or worse?

I only ask because you are a PC guy after all.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BassMan

@i_p_daily:

I don't know as I don't recommend low budget builds. From the 1080p Ultra benchmarks, it doesn't seem that demanding. The X1 version is most likely not running Ultra either. So, the frame rates would be higher with X1 equivalent settings.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/f1_2017_pc_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,5.html

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
@BassMan said:

@i_p_daily:

I don't know as I don't recommend low budget builds. From the 1080p Ultra benchmarks, it doesn't seem that demanding. The X1 version is most likely not running Ultra either. So, the frame rates would be higher with X1 equivalent settings.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/f1_2017_pc_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,5.html

No point in linking me that, if I wanted graphs and stuff i'd ask ron :P

In the end Codies are patching all 3 versions because they are shit at making F1 games (after 8yrs) so hopefully with Codies signing a new deal to make F1 games for another 3yrs they will finally make a competent one, but I doubt it :(

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

GT Sport and PC2.

I don't have a X1 so can't really pick F7. It does look really don't good though.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I heard too that Project cars doesn't seem to play right with a controller as it more set up for the wheel.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BassMan

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

@i_p_daily:

No point in linking me that, if I wanted graphs and stuff i'd ask ron :P

In the end Codies are patching all 3 versions because they are shit at making F1 games (after 8yrs) so hopefully with Codies signing a new deal to make F1 games for another 3yrs they will finally make a competent one, but I doubt it :(

I don't know about that. F1 2017 has a high Metacritic score and has been praised by many. They must be doing something right. I will admit that I have not played the game yet, but it certainly looks good and I will probably pick it up on sale at some point. I have so many racing games and I do not regularly follow F1. So, it is not a must buy right away for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

As for the OP

Well I will have both, shame that some (PS4 only owners) have to pick just one.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

Project Cars' developers are not new comers i.e. they are the out-source source team behind EA's Need For Speed® Shift™ and Shift 2 Unleashed.