Which of these Friday releases will have the best MC?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
Posted by SolidGame_basic (23946 posts) 2 months, 12 days ago

Poll: Which of these Friday releases will have the best MC? (62 votes)

Crackdown 3 11%
Far Cry New Dawn 10%
Jump Force 6%
Metro Exodus 73%

Damn, this Friday is jam packed with games. I gotta admit, Jump Force came out of no where. I thought this game wasn't even ready yet. Also, had no clue Spike Chunsoft was working on it. I thought they only did visual novels. At any rate, the question remains.. which of these Friday releases will have the best MC, SW?

I will go with.. Jump Force. Namco Bandai has been on a hot streak.

#1 Edited by R4gn4r0k (30519 posts) -

Honestly dude, I'm counting down the days until Metro Exodus releases, it doesn't happen every year that a game of that magnitude releases.

#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (52362 posts) -

Probably Metro.

#3 Posted by MirkoS77 (13975 posts) -

Metro Exodus came out of the blue for me, so, yea......that one I guess. I thought its release was Q4.

#4 Posted by BlackBalls (1498 posts) -

This is probably the biggest Febuary ever, in any case the biggest Feb week, that's for sure. Here's my predictions:

- Far Cry, 8/10

- Metro, 9/10

- Jump Force, 7/10

- Crapflop 3, 4/10

#5 Posted by Mandzilla (3803 posts) -

@blackballs: I am gonna miss you. 😥

#6 Posted by BlackBalls (1498 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

@blackballs: I am gonna miss you. 😥

Don't worry, my hun'. I'll be here on tuesday. I ain't going anywhere.

#7 Edited by Mandzilla (3803 posts) -

@blackballs: Haha, well it's going to be a dramatic Tuesday anyway. Best of luck dude.

#8 Posted by Sevenizz (3413 posts) -

Crackdown’s multiplayer looks fun. I don’t buy games based on scores...especially MC where it compiles scores from marketing influenced media and users who can rate games they’ve never played.

#9 Posted by XVision84 (15598 posts) -

@blackballs: Would you like a memorial thread for when you lose the bet? For everyone to pay their respects 😢. I'll give you a nice speech.

#10 Edited by Vatusus (9271 posts) -

Wait, Crackdown 3 is finally coming out? Caught me by surprise cause I aint seen any marketing for it yet

#12 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (361 posts) -
@Vatusus said:

Wait, Crackdown 3 is finally coming out? Caught me by surprise cause I aint seen any marketing for it yet

MS is also hoping we all forget it's releasing lol.

#13 Posted by phbz (4216 posts) -

Crackdown will become the highest scoring game ever on MC. Please don't quote me on that.

#14 Posted by getyeryayasout (12201 posts) -

Crackdown is the only one I really want to play, but I think Jump Force will have the highest sales number.

#15 Posted by Sevenizz (3413 posts) -

@XVision84: Other than this thread - who knew he existed?

#16 Posted by ellos (1966 posts) -

SW will be more fun if Crackdown 3 surprises you all.

#17 Posted by Archangel3371 (27357 posts) -

Probably Metro.

#18 Posted by npiet1 (1945 posts) -

I'm want all these, but little time to play.

#19 Posted by ProtossRushX (5203 posts) -

NEw Dawn or Metro

Im not buying metro cuz its not on steam tho

#20 Posted by BlackBalls (1498 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

@blackballs: Would you like a memorial thread for when you lose the bet? For everyone to pay their respects 😢. I'll give you a nice speech.

I will do the same for when you're banned in a couple of hours, same as Fedor. If I do for some reason lose the bet (impossible) please make it like a funeral, with my BlackBalls avatar on the thread and, everything. Please, out of respect. I'll do the same for you.

#21 Posted by AJStyles (637 posts) -

Weak list of games.

LOL jumpforce anime fighter 5/10

LOL crackdown 3....massive flop 4/10

Far Cry New Dawn is DLC and 6/10

Metro is overrated trash. The first 2 games were absolutely terrible. This is another series of games being overrated by PC fanboys because it might push their graphics cards a tiny bit.

The actual game sucks and is not fun to play. I expect overrated scores across the board from paid reviewers and fanboys. Gets 9/10’s when it should be 7/10 at best.

#22 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (361 posts) -

Crackdown 3 has absolutely no chance of having a great MC score. Out of those games I pick Metro Exodus to be the winner.

#23 Posted by Xabiss (2414 posts) -

Metro, 9/10

Far Cry, 8/10

Jump Force, 7/10

Crackdown 3, 6/10

#24 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (361 posts) -
@phbz said:

Crackdown will become the highest scoring game ever on MC. Please don't quote me on that.

Too late lol!

#25 Edited by DaVillain- (35507 posts) -

Anthem is all I care about this Friday and sorry, I don't pay attention to MC what's-so-ever. I don't care about it like that.

#26 Posted by Son-Goku7523 (361 posts) -
@davillain- said:

Anthem is all I care about this Friday and sorry, I don't pay attention to MC what's-so-ever. I don't care about it like that.

Me too. I can't wait to preload on Origin.

I had fun in the demo despite the connection issues for the VIP demo.

#27 Edited by R4gn4r0k (30519 posts) -
@Vatusus said:

Microsoft is probably too ashamed to talk about it...

#28 Posted by cainetao11 (36413 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Honestly dude, I'm counting down the days until Metro Exodus releases, it doesn't happen every year that a game of that magnitude releases.

yeah metro for me as well

#29 Posted by Vaidream45 (1764 posts) -

I would say Metro but I expect it to get vote bombed due to the controversy surrounding it.

#30 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30519 posts) -

Metro Mania

#31 Posted by SolidGame_basic (23946 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

I guess I'm underestimating the hype for this game. The previous two games were 7.5/10 experiences for me.

#32 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30519 posts) -
@SolidGame_basic said:

I guess I'm underestimating the hype for this game. The previous two games were 7.5/10 experiences for me.

I recently replayed both Metro games and I still feel the same about them as I did the first time I played them.

They are very immersive experiences: HUD elements are replaced by interactions (like pulling out your journal to see what your next objective is). Batteries for your night vision and flashlight have to be manually charged, walking out on the surface requires you to stock up on filters, your gasmask can get dirty and has to be wiped.

I usually hate survival games, but the scrounging for supplies in Metro really fits the game.

Plus, and I think this does it for me more than anything: The setting is entirely unique with it taking place in post-apocalyptic Russia.

What has me hyped for Exodus is that it seems to go beyond what the previous games offered, with huge expansive levels and refined mechanics. It's not 'just' a sequel.

The thing I wanted to point out in my original reply was that we don't really get 15-20 (maybe more) hour singleplayer FPS experiences anymore.

#33 Posted by DaVillain- (35507 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I recently replayed both Metro games and I still feel the same about them as I did the first time I played them.

They are very immersive experiences: HUD elements are replaced by interactions (like pulling out your journal to see what your next objective is). Batteries for your night vision and flashlight have to be manually charged, walking out on the surface requires you to stock up on filters, your gasmask can get dirty and has to be wiped.

I usually hate survival games, but the scrounging for supplies in Metro really fits the game.

Plus, and I think this does it for me more than anything: The setting is entirely unique with it taking place in post-apocalyptic Russia.

What has me hyped for Exodus is that it seems to go beyond what the previous games offered, with huge expansive levels and refined mechanics. It's not 'just' a sequel.

The thing I wanted to point out in my original reply was that we don't really get 15-20 (maybe more) hour singleplayer FPS experiences anymore.

Wish I could play Metro Exodus but if the release date could be change, I buy it day one, despite the whole Epic exclusive fiasco. Too many heavy games releasing on the same day and my eyes are on Anthem, Far Cry: New Dawn, & Crackdown 3. In some ways, Epic did me a favor and will wait February 2020 to buy it from Steam.

#34 Posted by R4gn4r0k (30519 posts) -
@davillain- said:

Wish I could play Metro Exodus but if the release date could be change, I buy it day one, despite the whole Epic exclusive fiasco. Too many heavy games releasing on the same day and my eyes are on Anthem, Far Cry: New Dawn, & Crackdown 3. In some ways, Epic did me a favor and will wait February 2020 to buy it from Steam.

For the longest time Metro wasn't on my radar. I mean I love those games but I have to clear my backlog and really have to stop buying games day one xD

It's cheaper and it means getting more patched games.

But now honestly I can't wait. I've played through Metro 2033 and Last Light in the past two months and I'm going to be reading the books too. Can't wait for friday :)

Anthem looks mighty cool, but I'm not huge on a new Far Cry.

Far Cry V arcade mode is really fun and people make some really great levels on there but the main game in my eyes is lacklustre.

#35 Posted by SecretPolice (34952 posts) -

Crackdown 3, will be by far the best game but as usual it'll get mugged by reviewers because it's on X1.

But other than the totally gullible and you know who you are lol, WTF cares these days what some numbskull game reviewers says... Amright? :P

#36 Posted by Pcmasterrace69 (372 posts) -

@SecretPolice: if cracktown 3 has a fun multiplayer then I will buy it. I will wait for videos after release to decide if I buy or not.

but yea for me gameplay videos > reviews

#37 Posted by SecretPolice (34952 posts) -

@pcmasterrace69:

I think the game will be a blast no matter what some hack movie-game reviewer says lol and can't hardly wait to start my Orb hunting, climbing to higher and higher areas. No other open world game has both a seamless horizontal open world but also vertical openness as well. This gonna be Fun. :D

#38 Posted by SolidGame_basic (23946 posts) -

@ghosts4ever , where is the hype thread?

#39 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9428 posts) -

Metro Exodus by far.