Which of the big 3 have had the most and best new IPs this gen?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
If it's just "which console had the most good new IPs" it's pretty tough. PS has more good exclusives then 360 but 360 benefits from PC/360 titles like Mass Effect, Left 4 Dead, and Minecraft. Very even really.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"]If it's just "which console had the most good new IPs" it's pretty tough. PS has more good exclusives then 360 but 360 benefits from PC/360 titles like Mass Effect, Left 4 Dead, and Minecraft. Very even really.

Well first of all I don't see how any of those games are a benefit. Secondly that garbage trash junk mass effect is on PS3.
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts
Why did you only include games made by MS and Sony, but not nintendo?MFDOOM1983
I'm pretty sure PC games have DLC as well xD
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
So Nintendo and the WiiU win!
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
Sony.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
that microsoft and nintendo list is depressing :/ though they are missing quite a bit...considering nintendos ds... I'd still take sonys offerings as i like those franchises more
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#57 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Sony, without a doubt. I really appreciate what they did for their first party this generation, and I hope they will stick with these franchises for a long time to come.

EDIT: I will add the Nintendo list is incomplete; you missed all the new DS IPs Nintendo introduced this gen (and it's considerably big).

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Sony, without a doubt. I really appreciate what they did for their first party this generation, and I hope they will stick with these franchises for a long time to come.

EDIT: I will add the Nintendo list is incomplete; you missed all the new DS IPs Nintendo introduced this gen (and it's considerably big).

charizard1605

Hmm, switching sides?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

GamerwillzPS

Hmm, switching sides?

... no? Unlike you, I like great games, and I recognize great games. I have a lot of disdain for Sony as a company, and for its legions of fanboys, you included, but they make the best home consoles around, and they've made some of my all time favorite games. Just because they're not my favorite company doesn't mean I cannot like stuff that they have done, doesn't mean I have to go on a warpath against them, it doesn't mean that I dislike everything they have ever done. You see, unlike you, I do not function in binary.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

charizard1605

Hmm, switching sides?

... no? Unlike you, I like great games, and I recognize great games. I have a lot of disdain for Sony as a company, and for its legions of fanboys, you included, but they make the best home consoles around, and they've made some of my all time favorite games. Just because they're not my favorite company doesn't mean I cannot like stuff that they have done, doesn't mean I have to go on a warpath against them, it doesn't mean that I dislike everything they have ever done. You see, unlike you, I do not function in binary.

I know you're lying. I can clearly remember you saying that Nintendo has the most and best exclusive games, and now you're saying this?

Make your mind up.

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

charizard1605

Hmm, switching sides?

Though I agree with a majority of your post, that one bolded seems odd to me. Now we all know Sony isn't perfect (hell, not eeven close to great), but can you explain your disdain for them, if it's not too much?

IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts
Exclusive new IPs :lol: The best games of this gen are multiplat. Fapping on who got the best exclusives are just pointless for the most part.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#63 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

Hmm, switching sides?

GamerwillzPS

I know you're lying. I can clearly remember you saying that Nintendo has the most and best exclusive games, and now you're saying this?

Make your mind up.

Exclusive games don't have to be new IPs. For example: Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, etc.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Hmm, switching sides?

GamerwillzPS

Make your mind up.

Because they do? That doesn't mean Sony can't have the best new IPs this generation you numbnut.
GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] ... no? Unlike you, I like great games, and I recognize great games. I have a lot of disdain for Sony as a company, and for its legions of fanboys, you included, but they make the best home consoles around, and they've made some of my all time favorite games. Just because they're not my favorite company doesn't mean I cannot like stuff that they have done, doesn't mean I have to go on a warpath against them, it doesn't mean that I dislike everything they have ever done. You see, unlike you, I do not function in binary.charizard1605

Make your mind up.

Because they do? That doesn't mean Sony can't have the best new IPs this generation you numbnut.

Waaa?

WTF are you on about? Well, it's not surprising... especially coming from you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Hmm, switching sides?

TrapJak

Though I agree with a majority of your post, that one bolded seems odd to me. Now we all know Sony isn't perfect (hell, not eeven close to great), but can you explain your disdain for them, if it's not too much?

Yeah. I think they make great products which they then abandon. I think that they are bloated, mismanaged, and have too much inertia to be dynamic and agile like today's marketplace dictates. I think their advertising and marketing is awful. I think they are complacent and arrogant, when they have actually been playing follow the leader for a decade now. I think they have this belief that they can make a walled off ecosystem of hardware, with their products running proprietary accessories compatible only with other Sony products and nothing else, and they believe they can actually get away with that. There's a lot Sony does I do not like; I think the company needs to be overhauled from the ground up if it is to survive (and hell, I hope it sticks around, I love what they do for every industry that they participate in).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Make your mind up.

GamerwillzPS

Waaa?

Okay, I know you are slow, so I'll spell it out for you, word by word.' Nintendo has the most number of, and the best, exclusive games. Nintendo's great exclusives, however, are mostly in established franchises like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Smash Bros., and the like, with an odd new experiment here and there. Sony's exclusives are not even in the same league as Nintendo's, but Sony makes more new IPs than Nintendo does, and on the whole, Sony's new IPs are better than Nintendo's new IPs. Is that dumbed down enough for you to understand? I know you are a casual forum user, so everything needs to be dumbed down to be accessible for you.
no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

:lol: Trick question?

Sony, obviously.

Obviously_Right

Yeah it is a no brainer here SONY but the pc owns all consoles.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 GamerwillzPS

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Because they do? That doesn't mean Sony can't have the best new IPs this generation you numbnut.charizard1605

Waaa?

Okay, I know you are slow, so I'll spell it out for you, word by word.' Nintendo has the most number of, and the best, exclusive games. Nintendo's great exclusives, however, are mostly in established franchises like Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Smash Bros., and the like, with an odd new experiment here and there. Sony's exclusives are not even in the same league as Nintendo's, but Sony makes more new IPs than Nintendo does, and on the whole, Sony's new IPs are better than Nintendo's new IPs. Is that dumbed down enough for you to understand? I know you are a casual forum user, so everything needs to be dumbed down to be accessible for you.

Well, stop switching the lanes then. By looking at your posting history, your post here made me unsure if it was you.

*shakes head*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Waaa?

GamerwillzPS

Well, stop switching the lanes then. By looking at your posting history, your post here made me unsure if it was you.

*shakes head*

Sir, I have always maintained what I just said, and people who pay attention to my posts would have told you that this post was not me switching lanes, it was not out of character. It was just me taking a rare break from bashing the f*ck out of Sony just to see its fanboys in a tizzy, and appreciate what they have done for gaming.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#71 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

second would be Nintendo, with Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles, Red Steel - but i don't think you can count any of those first party exclusives.
SaudiFury
The Last Story is a Nintendo IP and Monolith Soft is owned by Nintendo making them first party. Red Steel wouldn't count because Nintendo doesn't own the IP and Ubisoft Paris is 3rd party.

TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

Wii

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

[QUOTE="TrapJak"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] ... no? Unlike you, I like great games, and I recognize great games. I have a lot of disdain for Sony as a company, and for its legions of fanboys, you included, but they make the best home consoles around, and they've made some of my all time favorite games. Just because they're not my favorite company doesn't mean I cannot like stuff that they have done, doesn't mean I have to go on a warpath against them, it doesn't mean that I dislike everything they have ever done. You see, unlike you, I do not function in binary.charizard1605

Yeah. I think they make great products which they then abandon. I think that they are bloated, mismanaged, and have too much inertia to be dynamic and agile like today's marketplace dictates. I think their advertising and marketing is awful. I think they are complacent and arrogant, when they have actually been playing follow the leader for a decade now. I think they have this belief that they can make a walled off ecosystem of hardware, with their products running proprietary accessories compatible only with other Sony products and nothing else, and they believe they can actually get away with that. There's a lot Sony does I do not like; I think the company needs to be overhauled from the ground up if it is to survive (and hell, I hope it sticks around, I love what they do for every industry that they participate in).

....You just had to be right...

But I believe Sony's arrogance only lasted about 3 years before they realized they ****** up, now it's just a clusterfudge of trying to get everything back to the status quo. Which, unfortunately ,c an't happen anymore.

Sorry for making you explain your reasoing, was just lost on the Sony hate.

OldSnakePS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 OldSnakePS3
Member since 2012 • 306 Posts
sony hands down, demon's souls alone owns all uncharted is just overkill ROFL @ microsoft
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

PC